MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2009, 10:58 AM   #21
BigComfy

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

Way to go man!
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pics from Oak Hill Sat. Candie General Discussion (Moto Related) 14 11-12-2009 06:44 PM
Pics from Oak Hill 9-20 cdill35 Taking it to the Track 35 09-24-2009 10:01 AM
MORE OAK HILL PICS!!!! kingralphthe3rd Taking it to the Track 25 02-23-2009 10:20 PM
CMRA @ Oak Hill **PICS** houseofpaint General Discussion (Moto Related) 26 07-10-2007 08:57 AM
Advertisement
Old 02-23-2009, 11:23 AM   #22
Dr. Gonzo
BHCA...let's ride!!!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Sweet pics... Thank you guys again!!!
Old 02-23-2009, 11:25 AM   #23
Racer997
Racer, Rider, Shooter

Location: 500 yards away...and watching you in the crosshairs...
Feedback Rating: (6)

Bike(s):
BMW Boxer Cup
KTM 450 SMR
Some Yamaha TTR 125Ls
Lackierwarenfabrik Mg42
Valmet M76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagwell View Post
Uhoh, is Jeff alright? What happened?
Jeff was struck by a Honda RS125 that got loose on the front straight between T8 and T1 in the 8th race. Standing just off the scorer's platform not far from the track's edge, he was hit mostly from behind while looking up the track at the leaders. He never saw it coming, which was probably a good thing. Impact speed was likely greater than 60 mph. He made a full cartwheel and landed face down. It was a grim looking scene at first and it was shocking and disturbing to our scorers and other staff that witnessed it. He was unconscious, but came to shortly after, and he was alert and conscious when he was care flighted to the trauma center in Tyler. The last report I heard at the track was that he suffered no broken bones, no lacerations, minimal bruising and that he was awaiting the results of a CAT scan. He was making jokes and stated that he was bothered that his staff shirt had been cut off immediately after the accident (I told him that we were going to bill him for that), and he also said he wanted a chicken salad sandwich. I heard this morning he was doing well and was released from the hospital.

BTW, the impacting rider was very shaken up but was basically okay. This was a racing incident and nothing more.

I do not normally stand at track's edge at Oak Hill. The location has always made me feel extremely vulnerable, so I usually make my way back into the scorer's platform. You'd have to do it know exactly what I mean. That said, as a back-up starter, it's my job sometimes and was from race 9 onwards yesterday.

Last edited by Racer997; 02-23-2009 at 11:28 AM.
Racer997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 11:34 AM   #24
Scorpio
Twist the Grip, Let'r Rip

Feedback Rating: (6)

Experience: 10+ years

450x sumo (sold)
RC51 (sold)
Honda Grom 125(sold)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Scorpio
Dang,
Glad he was'nt hurt worse. Sounds like it coulda been really bad.
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 12:20 PM   #25
baliqsR1
blueR1

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
GSX-R 750 K4(FOR SALE), SV650 (track), Honda CR250R

Send a message via AIM to baliqsR1 Send a message via MSN to baliqsR1 Send a message via Yahoo to baliqsR1
Congrats Alonzo & Tony !!
baliqsR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 12:32 PM   #26
bubby
Candie's Pit Crew!

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
'07 600RR, '09 Kawi 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer997 View Post
Jeff was struck by a Honda RS125 that got loose on the front straight between T8 and T1 in the 8th race. Standing just off the scorer's platform not far from the track's edge, he was hit mostly from behind while looking up the track at the leaders. He never saw it coming, which was probably a good thing. Impact speed was likely greater than 60 mph. He made a full cartwheel and landed face down. It was a grim looking scene at first and it was shocking and disturbing to our scorers and other staff that witnessed it. He was unconscious, but came to shortly after, and he was alert and conscious when he was care flighted to the trauma center in Tyler. The last report I heard at the track was that he suffered no broken bones, no lacerations, minimal bruising and that he was awaiting the results of a CAT scan. He was making jokes and stated that he was bothered that his staff shirt had been cut off immediately after the accident (I told him that we were going to bill him for that), and he also said he wanted a chicken salad sandwich. I heard this morning he was doing well and was released from the hospital.

BTW, the impacting rider was very shaken up but was basically okay. This was a racing incident and nothing more.

I do not normally stand at track's edge at Oak Hill. The location has always made me feel extremely vulnerable, so I usually make my way back into the scorer's platform. You'd have to do it know exactly what I mean. That said, as a back-up starter, it's my job sometimes and was from race 9 onwards yesterday.
That was a nasty thing to watch. Thanks for the update. I can't believe he was not hurt worse. I thought for sure it had snapped his legs.
Old 02-23-2009, 01:19 PM   #27
texasyankee

Bike(s):
Harley Low Rider
Kawi ZX6R (Track)

Good going, Alonzo and Tony
texasyankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 01:48 PM   #28
level5
moving chicane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer997 View Post

Glad to hear it's just bumps and bruises. Thanks for the update.
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote