MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2009, 10:14 PM   #21
Champ DP

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
07 CBR 600rr

Hey Mike, Glad you're ok bro.... I have to agree with everyone else man. I had a guy tell me he didn't want ins involved and he would pay out of pocket. Long story short address on license wasn't good, neither was insurance, and number didn't work after about a week. File a report bro, telling you from exp... Glad to hear you are good brotha.
Champ DP is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I never knew the bad guy from Highlander played Mr. Krabs on Spongebob eltejano Off Topic 9 04-17-2011 11:41 PM
Trying to be a nice guy in walmart __NATE__ Off Topic 14 12-23-2008 01:13 PM
What a nice guy 07SLVRCBR General Discussion (Moto Related) 3 02-29-2008 10:59 PM
its fkin nice out side. AznGoneNuts Off Topic 6 03-17-2007 01:55 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-22-2009, 10:18 PM   #22
Squoddybody
This is me.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650

I'm really proud of you for not taking him to the cleaners. SO many on here (seemingly) would have done just that.

BUT- on the other (motherly) hand and having been there, done that- you should file that report. Just to have it. I can't say it won't matter to him- he may get a ticket for unsafe lane change (which he deserves), but at least you're set.

I hope it all works out tomorrow at 1. You know we'll all be here waiting to see what happened to you, so don't leave us hanging.

follow me on IG - squoddybody
Squoddybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 10:26 PM   #23
ekfraz

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2013 Can Am Spyder RT
2014 Yamaha Bolt

You should file a police report to be on the safe side, he could come back and say that you pulled over into him, I know you have witness statements but they don't hold up without the report being filed in a timely manner. (24 HRS.)
ekfraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 10:36 PM   #24
The Irish Mick
The Lil Brother

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
Suzuki GS 500
82 Kawi Kz750

Quote:
Originally Posted by squoddybody View Post
I'm really proud of you for not taking him to the cleaners. SO many on here (seemingly) would have done just that.

BUT- on the other (motherly) hand and having been there, done that- you should file that report. Just to have it. I can't say it won't matter to him- he may get a ticket for unsafe lane change (which he deserves), but at least you're set.

I hope it all works out tomorrow at 1. You know we'll all be here waiting to see what happened to you, so don't leave us hanging.
Thanks Mom!

The Irish Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 10:43 PM   #25
quicksaveme

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
2014 Multistrada GTS

Glad to hear you faired well, I had a spill today too
quicksaveme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 10:56 PM   #26
bioGuru
Aut inveniam viam aut fac

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2008 Suzuki GSX650F - sold

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by squoddybody View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekfraz View Post
You should file a police report to be on the safe side, he could come back and say that you pulled over into him, I know you have witness statements but they don't hold up without the report being filed in a timely manner. (24 HRS.)

+1

Filing the report at this stage will not require him to get his insurance involved. And they are unlikely to give him a ticket either. But it covers your . What if tomorrow or next week you find out you are really hurt? How are you going to get the medical dealt with? etc.

With no report its all on you...

People freak out and agree to anything at the scene and then change their mind later. Only once did I take money and not file - nurse hit me in the parking lot in a beater of a car nothing serious. Worked out fine but I was also prepared if it had not.

FILE THE REPORT!

Motorcycling in itself is not inherently dangerous. But to an even greater degree than the sea, it is terribly unforgiving of any carelessness, incapacity or neglect.
bioGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 11:32 PM   #27
The Irish Mick
The Lil Brother

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
Suzuki GS 500
82 Kawi Kz750

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksaveme View Post
Glad to hear you faired well, I had a spill today too
yeah i saw the post, glad to see ur ok. u had it alot worse that i did. and u just washed it too.

The Irish Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 12:03 AM   #28
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid

Feedback Rating: (13)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet
'89 Yamaha FZR400 Trackbike
'83 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk
'07 Step-2 (ok, it's my daughter's)

Glad you're ok. File the Report.

You were very nice to this guy for agreeing not to go through his insurance; however, I hope it does not make him feel like he can get away with driving like a dumb*ss all the time. This mistake only costs him $500, while I'm sure he realizes that with Insurance and a ticket involved, it could have costed him alot more. Higher premiums, points on his driving record, etc. would make him think twice about being a dumb*ss on the highways, and possibly hitting another biker or causing others to wreck. With so many other drivers pulling over to volunteer as witnesses, I'm sure he off alot of drivers on that road. He'll probably do it again.
FlipSideUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 02:07 PM   #29
PB125

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2008 Suzuki GSXR 750
2002 Suzuki SV650

#1) GLAD you're alright

#2)
Quote:
Long story short, he didnt want to get the insurance company involved so he is gonna write me a check for the repairs and a new helmet strait from his pocket.....what a nice guy huh.
...........You believed him?!?!?!?!?!?!?

#3) A nice new pair of britches and undies would also be in order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bueller View Post
they say you drive like a mad man
PB125 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement