MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2009, 02:29 PM   #21
tiatool
Pro Racer Mode Enabled

Feedback Rating: (14)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
08 Raven
05 Vstar 1100

alstare PI Test 20098

alstare PI Test 20096

alstare PI Test 2009deleted

alstare PI Test 20091deleted

alstare PI Test 200910

alstare PI Test 20091

148 T04 Haga box

070 T04 Fabrizio Haga

068 T04 Fabrizio Haga
tiatool is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-22-2009, 03:40 PM   #22
Grinchy

Feedback Rating: (15)

Bike(s):
'prila

Rea claims fastest time is his
Jonathan Rea has moved to rubbish claims that he experienced a crash on the final day of testing at Phillip Island before adding that his lap of 1min 31.8secs was in fact the quickest of the week.

An official report from the test by WSBK organisers had stated that Rea didn't improve his time on the second day of action, leaving him down in seventh position overall on the Ten Kate Honda.

However, Rea insists he was in fact lapping at record pace at Phillip Island and didn't experience a crash as originally reported.

“Well, according to some websites, I crashed today and was like seventh quickest. I'm happy to report, however, that I didn't crash and did a 1'31.8s lap which we think was the fastest today!”

If correct, then it is Supersport graduate Rea who heads into the opening round of the season in charge having out paced his nearest rival by a comfortable four tenths of a second. The Northern Irishman was delighted with his performance.

“What matters is that we were able to find a setting that allows some tyre life at the end of the race and that I'm getting to grips with the traction control. We did two full race simulations today and the bike felt great. We know what we have to do next weekend but I'm really excited at the potential we've shown here.”

The Suzuki team PR release also states that Rea turned a 1.31.8 which was the fastest time

Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 01:01 AM   #23
tiatool
Pro Racer Mode Enabled

Bike(s):
08 Raven
05 Vstar 1100

More pix

real mccoy pi test 2009 be1

SPOILER WSBK: Phillip Island test - Saturday times

4 20090221 145874334deleted

Old 02-23-2009, 01:02 AM   #24
tiatool
Pro Racer Mode Enabled

Bike(s):
08 Raven
05 Vstar 1100

3301496724 e51df2a93f o

3300675577 211947cb78 o

3300667905 ce56ca0639 o

3300661533 fd2bc41e07 o

3300655633 b0d24c5dc8 o
Old 02-23-2009, 10:05 AM   #25
Grinchy

Bike(s):
'prila

that Triumph looks the nuts
Old 02-23-2009, 06:36 PM   #26
tiatool
Pro Racer Mode Enabled

Bike(s):
08 Raven
05 Vstar 1100

Old 02-23-2009, 06:43 PM   #27
bigzona
Lean Machine

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
07 Aprilia RSVR Factory

Nice!! Very Nice!! Keep 'em coming.
Old 02-23-2009, 08:31 PM   #28
Grinchy

Bike(s):
'prila

Old 02-23-2009, 08:48 PM   #29
tiatool
Pro Racer Mode Enabled

Bike(s):
08 Raven
05 Vstar 1100

YES very dissapointed. I really think an opportunity lost for Shark and HJC. Could have done a # of different designs. I am hoping for some sweet limited editions. Especially a Texas Flag or something from Spies. Maybe Miller weekend?
Old 02-23-2009, 08:57 PM   #30
Grinchy

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiatool View Post
YES very dissapointed. I really think an opportunity lost for Shark and HJC. Could have done a # of different designs. I am hoping for some sweet limited editions. Especially a Texas Flag or something from Spies. Maybe Miller weekend?
+ 1,000,000
look at Tommy's from last year, much more striking imo
Old 02-23-2009, 08:58 PM   #31
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

Send a message via MSN to alrova Send a message via Yahoo to alrova
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinchy View Post
I think the bikes look yummy scrummy but a bit dissapointed with both Ben and Tommy's helmet designs how about you??
At least they don't have their freakish ugly face in their helmet like some squid.

But yes, they can do better.
Old 02-23-2009, 08:59 PM   #32
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

Quote:
+ 1,000,000
look at Tommy's from last year, much more striking imo
That is a red bull, he don't have red bull no more i think.
Old 02-24-2009, 10:41 AM   #33
Grinchy

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrova View Post
At least they don't have their freakish ugly face in their helmet like some squid.

But yes, they can do better.

always hatin'
but he forgives
that's what gods do
Old 02-24-2009, 10:51 AM   #34
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

Quote:

always hatin'
but he forgives
that's what gods do

I don't hate, i like Rossi, just not as much Now if he was riding a duc then he will be my number 1 lol, well after super bayliss
Old 02-24-2009, 10:59 AM   #35
Grinchy

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrova View Post

I don't hate, i like Rossi, just not as much Now if he was riding a duc then he will be my number 1 lol, well after super bayliss
Bayliss is a has been
he's a cager now
not rally or F1 though cause he knows

morning alrova
Old 02-24-2009, 09:12 PM   #36
tiatool
Pro Racer Mode Enabled

Bike(s):
08 Raven
05 Vstar 1100

News 23/02/2009

The Yamaha World Superbike team has enjoyed a successful final pre-season test at the Phillip Island circuit in Australia. The two day test was the final shakedown for the 2009 YZF-R1 in advance of the season opening race this coming weekend and was a valuable opportunity for both riders to get to know the track.

Three-time AMA Superbike champion Ben Spies ended the final day of testing with a quick 1.32”36 lap time, a mere 0.2 of a second off fastest rider Michele Fabrizio. Fellow Yamaha World Superbike team rider Tom Sykes had a crash on the start of the second day of testing and spent a large part of the day resting before going back out again for a final run. He too stepped up the pace and finished the day with an overall time of 1.32”10, a great result considering he missed most of the day’s track time after his fall.

Ben Spies, Yamaha World Superbike team – 1.32”36 (160 laps)
“It was a good test for me. We worked on a lot of race stuff, we had some tires to test and get through for Pirelli then we got up to speed on the track and did some longer stints getting the bike to work on race setup. We were looking good for race pace, we did a race simulation and it felt really good. For sure we only got two days testing on the track and the whole race weekend is going to add some adrenaline. I’m extremely happy with the bike and the team is working really well so I can’t wait to get started.”

Tom Sykes, Yamaha World Superbike team – 1.32”10 (100 laps)
“I was more than happy with day one, having never seen Phillip Island before, I went out and pulled a 1.33”2, which wasn’t too bad considering it’s a new track for me. We worked on some minor adjustments and worked on getting a good base setting for the bike. I’m more than confident in its capabilities and set up, we’re pretty much on the times. Going into day two I knew I could improve, but unfortunately on my first run, getting up to speed I had a fall. I wasn’t even busting myself and not sure how it happened, got on it a bit too soon at the exit of turn 2, ran wide by two feet and where the tarmac ripples slightly the rear end low sided, I caught it then high sided the other way! Luckily I have no serious injuries so will be fighting fit and raring to go at the weekend. I went back out again at the end of the second day and found my pace again easily so am still confident to fight for the podium.”

Massimo Meregalli, Yamaha World Superbike Team manager
“The test went well with the exception of Tom’s crash. We didn’t have so many problems and it was very important that the guys learned the circuit as it’s a new one for them. By the end of the first day they were making good laps with great pace. By the end of the last day, Ben was up with the fastest riders, Fabrizio and Haga. Tom had a big crash in the morning of the second day, the doctor said to stay in the clinic until the afternoon to rest. In the late afternoon he came back out for one and a half hours time on track, it was impressive as with his last lap he made his fastest lap of the test. In the end the test was also a big running in for us as the bike is still new, we tried to find the best set up, and tried some different tires. We’ve answered all our questions and feel really good about going into the first race weekend in a few days time, we’re ready to fight!”

Yamaha World Supersport team get down to business

The Yamaha World Supersport team riders got straight down to business in Phillip Island in the last pre-season test, showing excellent form and proving they have the pace to run at the front of the pack from the off. Young ex-British Superbike rider Cal Crutchlow proved he has adapted quickly to the Yamaha YZF-R6, lapping consistently and finishing the two-day test fourth quickest with a time of 1.35”3, just 0.5 off fastest rider Sofuoglu. Crutchlow’s team mate Fabien Foret has answered any questions about being back on form following last year’s crash in Brno, finishing the two-day test just behind Crutchlow in fifth position with a time of 1.35”8.

Cal Crutchlow, Yamaha World Supersport team – 1.35”2 (160 laps)
“I’m really pleased, we’ve got a lot done, and got a lot of laps in. I’m really looking forward to the race. I’m now consistently up there. I know it’s going to be a tough weekend not knowing the circuit in a race situation but I’m feeling confident we can be fighting for the podium. I’m under no illusions it’s going to be hard but we’ve put a lot of work in over the last few days, I want to come out of here with some points and build on it during the year. I’m really enjoying being here, the circuit is fantastic. I’ve watched it over the years and to come here and ride is a pleasure. When the bike’s on form it’s a pleasure to ride it, I can’t wait to be on the grid waiting to race.”

Fabien Foret, Yamaha World Supersport team – 1.35”8 ( 138 laps)
“For me it’s been a really good test, I feel we’ve found a setting that really makes me feel confident. I now feel I am fully back to speed following last year’s crash and have also built up more strength for racing. I’m fully fit and happy with my pace. I didn’t go out to try and get the fastest lap but was focused on getting a good race pace. The team is working really well, we’ve worked to find a set-up that suits me here so I’m optimistic that we can go out and fight for the podium this weekend.”

Wilco Zeelenberg, Yamaha World Supersport team manager
“The test has been an interesting one for us, on the first day we had some bad luck with some small problems, which were causing small crashes, however both riders were fine and fast despite this. Fabien has been recovered completely and is fitter than he was at the first test at Portimao in January so I’m happy with him. After a long day of riding and trying suspension settings we ended the first day with a half hour starting exercise which went really well. We brought our own starting light system with us to test the response time of the riders. Both performed well which was great! For the second day our target was to test more suspension settings and do a long run in the afternoon. After finding some improvements in the morning we did a long run with both riders, they were riding together for the race distance test, it was good to see them together and they both enjoyed the chance for an on-track fight instead of testing all the time. It was good practice for them as this is also what they will have to do next week. The championship looks like it’s going to get really tough this year, but we will be part of it!”

Advertisement