MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2009, 06:06 PM   #41
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

What I have learned from all my wrecks is that stupid hurts. When you start getting impatient or feel like you wanna turn up the wick just that wee little bit more, it's time to chill and take a break.
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SERIOUSLY! Who is trying to learn? JRxGRUBZx Stunters Lounge 170 09-30-2015 08:35 PM
Want To Learn!!! -Jay4- Stunters Lounge 0 06-24-2013 12:06 AM
Is this ok to learn on gsxrjai Stunters Lounge 14 03-15-2009 11:28 PM
Want to learn how to stunt AVILES Stunters Lounge 13 08-13-2007 12:05 AM
Advertisement
Old 02-20-2009, 06:24 PM   #42
kyu612

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
06 zx10r
07 1000rr

a deer leaped in front of me in the forest but i got to use some msf action and swerved to the right..

too bad i hit a gravel spot while swerving and ended up lowsliding into the ditch
kyu612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 06:50 PM   #43
bunxx
Saw 'em Off!

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
duc 800SS
polaris ranger
yamaha rhino

i was driving back from a car/motorcycle show, not overly speeding, but was more of less close to the back of a suv that was going like 55 in the 65..i got annoyed but it finally started SLOWLY moving over a lane, so i hit the throttle and then the free way turned a quick right, or it seemed quick, and i didn't really have time to react, so i nailed a wall at an angle and got me and my bike effed up. i posted the story a while back, like 07 or something? but i got a chance to roll off the bike after being dragged against the wall, so i rolled. and my bike was going going GONE! 200 yards down and 4 lanes later it hit the other wall and fell. luckily no one stopped to help me out bro had to do a uturn and drive against traffic on the shoulder. i just got over anxious and impatient and that was all on me

edit: lurch about summed it up
bunxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 07:03 PM   #44
pumpin306
Let's Do This!!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2008 xl 1200c 105th anniv # 2722/3200
2002 FXDWG
02 Buell Blast (gone)
80 CB400 (gone)

Send a message via AIM to pumpin306 Send a message via Yahoo to pumpin306
iv been down twice.. one on a moped when i was 15. and several years ago when i had my first bike, an '80 honda hawk 400. both were in the rain and i locked up the front brake both times, the moped was going around a turn, and the honda was on an overpass. Keep in mind this is before i want though any kind of motorcycle courses, and didnt know about the 15 minute rain rule. luckilly i only scraped up my arm and leg both times and cracked my helmet face shield
02 H-D FXDWG
pumpin306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 07:57 PM   #45
bunxx
Saw 'em Off!

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
duc 800SS
polaris ranger
yamaha rhino

http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...ighlight=bunxx

couldnt find any of my bike, just some of the battle scars, i had it on legs/a$$ and ankles too
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00652.JPG
Views:	112
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	19719   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00653.JPG
Views:	117
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	19720   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00654.JPG
Views:	113
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	19721  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00655.JPG
Views:	113
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	19722  
bunxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 08:21 PM   #46
mr_Lee
the power of dreams.

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
08' 600rr

Send a message via AIM to mr_Lee
Doing about 20mph, kid disregards stop sign I honked he still hit me knocked me off my bike and then sped off. I learned always try to get the license plate if a car hits you. Luckily I got his and his insurance paid for my $2500 repairs
mr_Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 08:28 PM   #47
ParAvion
Mr. Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_Lee View Post
Doing about 20mph, kid disregards stop sign I honked he still hit me knocked me off my bike and then sped off. I learned always try to get the license plate if a car hits you. Luckily I got his and his insurance paid for my $2500 repairs
I hope they paid for pain and suffering too. You usually got more leverage if the kid hits and run.
ParAvion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 08:47 PM   #48
KaMaKaZeE_FZR!
Fighter Pilot

Bike(s):
1991 Yamaha FZR 1000(almost back) somethin special to come

Member Garage

i left a m&g at vito's, road construction and poor lighting were a factor. the feeder veered to the right abruptly, i didnt know cause someone plowed through the barrels and threw mud all over the road. i was in the left lane and hit the base of the barrel which upset my bike. my bike started to wash out around the curve and the barrel was laying in the middle of my lane, and a car was about to pull out of medical center into the right lane. my options were hit the ditch, hit the barrel go down and possibly hit the car, or hit the car. i chose the ditch, which wasnt really a ditch, more like a burm of dirt (most air ive ever got on a sport bike hahahah) well i flew about 10 ft in the air for about 50' down the road. luckily i landed on my head, could have really hurt myself. seperated shoulder, collar bone, 3 broke ribs, punctured lung which collapsed, i was a mess. what i learned was to know the area you are in, avoid road hazards, and appreciate the little things. ive been down many times on dirt, i have had so many stitches im startin to look like frankenstein but this was my biggest wreck on the street, i laid one of my old bikes down a long time ago, i was drunk and leaving my house, hit a puddle, spun around and laid it down, after that i didnt ride when i had been drinking.
KaMaKaZeE_FZR! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 09:16 PM   #49
eugene78
noob

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
50rr

I learned easy on the gas out of the corner otherwise your gonna do a poor superman impression!
eugene78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 05:21 AM   #50
The Sooz

Bike(s):
2005 kx85 motard
2004 TTR-125L
2008 Gary Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo
2005 Motobecane 300HT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParAvion View Post
I hope they paid for pain and suffering too. You usually got more leverage if the kid hits and run.
Are you of legal counsel?

The Sooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 05:24 AM   #51
ParAvion
Mr. Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sooz View Post
Are you of legal counsel?
ParAvion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 05:29 AM   #52
The Sooz

Bike(s):
2005 kx85 motard
2004 TTR-125L
2005 Motobecane 300HT

Are you really? Which school?

Old 02-21-2009, 05:44 AM   #53
matemike
Grip it 'n' Rip it!

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 750
2007 GSXR 600...tracked out

Member Garage

i looped my fiddy a while ago. it hurt! i learned that even low speed crashes hurt like . always wear your gear...just gloves didn't help.
Old 02-21-2009, 07:04 AM   #54
The Sooz

Bike(s):
2005 kx85 motard
2004 TTR-125L
2005 Motobecane 300HT

Quote:
Originally Posted by matemike View Post
i looped my fiddy a while ago. it hurt! i learned that even low speed crashes hurt like . always wear your gear...just gloves didn't help.
+1 See Wall of Shame after a parking lot wreck on the TTR just after I got it...I looked stoked in the pic, but after the adrenaline simmered down, I had almost a month of "Oh, DAYUM"....nothing like debriding the road rash

Old 02-21-2009, 08:12 AM   #55
lonnief2
Kind of a troll now

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2008 Suzuki GSXR 750
totally totaled

Send a message via AIM to lonnief2 Send a message via Yahoo to lonnief2 Send a message via Skype™ to lonnief2
missed my exit on the hwy took the next exit and made the Uturn, while making a left under the under pass a cement truck was going extra slow so while already leaning thru the turn i veered around the truck and as i cleared the truck i veered right into some gravel, i was close to the curb, my back wheel slid into the curb and my bike fell on the curb, luckily i was already slowing to a stop so it didnt slide far at all, i actually havent had any repairs done b/c theres just small srcratches and scuffs on the right fairing, mostly on the GSXR decal which i removed

sidenote: i was down the street from the shop where i was going to get my frame sliders put on in case i was to lay my bike down, i could see the shops sign from the ground, i was so frustrated i picked my bike up and went back home lol
lonnief2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 08:37 AM   #56
kdog22
Wheelie it son..

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
2004 Honda xr50
1991 Honda z50
2004 WR450 Supermoto
1988 Honda ZB50 - For Sale

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipstyledsm22 View Post
I hit a sink hole, in a pasture. I was on my old dirt bike (1980 YZ465), doing about 50mph. I flew over my handle bars and started tumbling... about 20ft from where my dirt bike was! I learned to fear driving fast through tall grass and that handle bars cause nasty bruises on thighs, and they will cause you to flip many times before touching ground.
+1, i've done that same exact thing on my old dirt bike... me and my buddy were racing down the boyou and i went to pass him through some tall grass at about 5th gear pinned when i hit a small slab of concrete someone had apparently dumped there to get rid of... i remember the bike bucking me over the handlebars but i was still holding onto the bike so my helmet was up against the front fender, then i fell and tumbled for a while...

Lesson: don't ride fast through tall grass...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
Muhammad.........Nostradamus..........Kdog
The cycle continues.
kdog22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 06:39 PM   #57
Costas

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
'04 ZX-10R
'07 ZX-6R (track)
'04 ZX-6R (sold)
'05 Ninja 500 (sold)

Send a message via AIM to Costas
I've learned not to ride other peoples bikes that may have issues you are unaware of... my wreck was a lot worse than most of these in here, my friend thought i was dead for sure. Thanks to gear though I came out with out a single scratch, just a big bruise on my leg/hip area and sprained fingers which lasted about a month or so. My helmet was completely fubared.
Costas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 04:08 PM   #58
Bizzach

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
Yellow 2008 Kawa ZX-6R

There's a long straightaway before the curve here....

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie...,0.009656&z=17

There was 2 cars a couple of hundred yards ahead of me for the straightaway, and they put on their brakes at the curve. I didn't realize the one in front was turning left, so both cars were stopped in the highway. By the time I realized it, I hit the brakes, but my front brake locked up (this was on the 250), and the bike slid out from underneath me.

I broke 2 bones when I hit the pavement (left elbow and right pinky finger, but I was wearing full gear). I literally stopped rolling just TWO FEET before the stopped car. All I could think of while I was rolling was, "hitting this car is going to suuuuuuuuuuuuck!!"

What I learned - always watch for stopped cars in front of you! And try not to hit the brake quite so hard. I guess I did okay... the alternative would've been hitting the car while I was still on my bike, if I couldn't stop in time.
Bizzach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 06:04 PM   #59
Punisher1340

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
2008 Bking 1340
Triumph Rocket 3 (05& 06)
Yamaha Ride Smart Warrior 05
Yamaha Roadstar 1602 01

yo

well the last time i was riding north on Sheldon rd and crossing the rail road tracks at HI90 several 18 wheelers were pulling into a pipe yard one locked up his brakes and all came to a stop. i put on the breaks but there was a lot of sand and i wasnt stopping nearly as fast as i needed to. (no jacket, no gloves, yes helmet and heavy jeans short sleve shirt and riding boots.) but me i had the following choises:

1. hit the 18 wheeler in front of me
2. go to the left and hit the 18 wheeler comming towards me.
3. go to the right and off into the ditch and hit the clovert.
4. lay it down on the dirt and concret and push away from the bike hopping neithre hit the 18 in front.

learned road rash sucks
and i will always wear a jacket and gloves plus the rest
of my gear.
Old 02-22-2009, 08:18 PM   #60
lanzer913
Cool Story Bro

Feedback Rating: (6)

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
08 GSXR 600

where to start !!!! i had just got back from the dessert and desided to get another bike brand new 08 gsxr, lots better then the 03 in my opinion. i drove back to base parked in front of were i lived and planned on leaving it there until i could get my tag that following weekend. noted my bike was on a military base. ok so one week old bike got stolen at 230 am on a military base by 3 military member. they got cought stealing a 3 bike but the damage was already dont they piled another bike on top of mine which destroyed the plastics. then got it fixed alittle over a grand to fix. the following month i was on the strip when i launched to high and the bike came all the back on me and i lost control. 2800 bucks later back to beautiful. then navy bonus kicked in and now it looks like it does now LONG AND LOW
lanzer913 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement