MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2009, 04:09 PM   #21
BadApple
What?

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2006 CRF450X SuperMotard
2002 *ROCKSTAR* xr50

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadApple View Post
Going around a left hand turn, sign said it was a 65 mile per hour turn but i was doing around 80. I started in and hit gravel on the roadway. My rear tire got loose, i tried to shift my body weight and as soon as i did the rear tire caught and threw me high side. The bike Low sided.
ohh..and i learned...Wear more gear!!
BadApple is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SERIOUSLY! Who is trying to learn? JRxGRUBZx Stunters Lounge 170 09-30-2015 08:35 PM
Want To Learn!!! -Jay4- Stunters Lounge 0 06-24-2013 12:06 AM
Is this ok to learn on gsxrjai Stunters Lounge 14 03-15-2009 11:28 PM
Want to learn how to stunt AVILES Stunters Lounge 13 08-13-2007 12:05 AM
Advertisement
Old 02-20-2009, 04:10 PM   #22
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Wreck 1: Low sided on a 40mph 90% left hander.

Lesson learned: 4 year old tires with monster chicken strips CANNOT be scrubbed in. Just replace them

Wreck 2: Low sided on a 35mph 45% left hander on a few pebbles

Lesson Learned: Gravel sucks, shoes come off, GEAR WORKS.
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 04:13 PM   #23
less_than_coop
SBN BMF

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
GSXR1000
2005 KTM 250sxf

1st:(2001) Locked the rear, came around. Lowside. <------learned that I wasn't that good at riding yet.

2nd:(2003) Old lady in a monte carlo REALLY wanted to turn left through a light. I had right of way, she had yield. She didnt yield. I hit the right-rear wheel. Very solid impact, flipped over the car into traffic. Dude in a big dually slid his shyt sideways to prevent any other cars from hitting me. <----learned that some older drivers dont look.

3rd:(2005) Same wreck as #2, new bike(Mladin). Niromuhammed Piromuhammed(I shyt you not, that was his name) turned left RIGHT in front of me. I didnt even have a chance to touch the brakes, only enough time to jump! Leg caught the windscreen and witnesses reported I flipped 3 times before landing on my head. Dude drove off, but a soccer mom in her SUV chased his down!!! Probably good he wasnt there when I got up, because I had my helmet off, in my hand and was looking for the dude so i could beat his face in! <----lesson learned...gear FTMFW, cause cagers will try to kill you.

Khaki shirt.
less_than_coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 04:13 PM   #24
spring r1

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
07 r1
04gsxr600 track
ttr90

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMAC View Post
If you act the fool on cold tires you will bust your
+1
spring r1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 04:19 PM   #25
ParAvion
Mr. Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadApple View Post
Going around a left hand turn, sign said it was a 65 mile per hour turn but i was doing around 80. I started in and hit gravel on the roadway. My rear tire got loose, i tried to shift my body weight and as soon as i did the rear tire caught and threw me high side. The bike Low sided.
I remmeber those pictures. OUCH! You know it might be helpful to other members if people can include the original link and pictures to their wreck if they did discuss it in detail before on the board.
ParAvion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 04:22 PM   #26
ParAvion
Mr. Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
Bounced off the front of an SUV that turned left from oncoming and stopped(?) blocking a lane and 1/2. (Question ? is because Im not sure he actually had stopped before we... met or was still moving. AND because, I think if he had not stopped/slow (because the car ahead of him had stopped inthe driveway) I would have hit him broadside instead of have space/room to try to dodge him.

Be ready for that person be to just stupid enough to go ahead and try to make it, when there isn't the time/space for them to make it.
Assume the idiot IS going to go for it, instead of thinking/hoping they're NOT stupid enough to try it.
almost did that 2pm wednesday. Some guy was tuning his radio and pulled out onto the road. I'm going to try to ride as far away from pullout traffic as possible at all times. Thats part of my new rules of staying safe. Another rule I want to put myself on is on the highway always ride on the lane where the shoulder is unless for some reason its not safe.
ParAvion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 04:24 PM   #27
lisiecki1
survivor of 7/4/08 ride..

Feedback Rating: (5)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisiecki1 View Post
10" of water on an offramp in the rain......brake as much as possible and sit back as far as you can.....asphalt hurts in the rain too.
http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...=swimming+bike

that's the original thread.....
lisiecki1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 05:17 PM   #28
MAVER1CK

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
SV650SF

Dont attempt to make a U-Turn going 0 MPH on a driveway with an incline... luckily it was softly laid down on top of my body.
MAVER1CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 05:23 PM   #29
skmart2
Stephanie

Experience: 9-12 months

Bike(s):
none right now :(
07 ninja 250 - sold
07 ZZR 600 - sold

well, i laid my bike down 3 times...1st time i was trying to pull out a neighborhood going up hill and couldn't touch the ground when i went to stop and fell right over (i'm barely 5'1), 2nd time was at PP69 getting gas and the ground was slightly unlevel and again, lost my footing cause i could barely touch and it went down, 3rd time was in G-town and i had a diabetic episode and went down but not bad - bike ended up in a small patch of sand and no damage was incurred.

so how could i have avoided these you ask???? maybe if my legs could at least grow a couple more inches longer and i remember to eat on time, i should be ok in the future
Old 02-20-2009, 05:28 PM   #30
JMAC

Bike(s):
Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAVER1CK View Post
Dont attempt to make a U-Turn going 0 MPH on a driveway with an incline... luckily it was softly laid down on top of my body.
That is always response. As you are laying there , rashed and broken the first thing that comes out of mouth is "How is my bike"
JMAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 05:32 PM   #31
Rallo
The Shogun. Sho'nuff!

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2007 Ninja 650R

Quote:
Originally Posted by skmart2 View Post
well, i laid my bike down 3 times...1st time i was trying to pull out a neighborhood going up hill and couldn't touch the ground when i went to stop and fell right over (i'm barely 5'1), 2nd time was at PP69 getting gas and the ground was slightly unlevel and again, lost my footing cause i could barely touch and it went down, 3rd time was in G-town and i had a diabetic episode and went down but not bad - bike ended up in a small patch of sand and no damage was incurred.

so how could i have avoided these you ask???? maybe if my legs could at least grow a couple more inches longer and i remember to eat on time, i should be ok in the future
"I'm thinking about getting metal legs. It's a risky operation, but it'll be worth it." So that's what J.P. meant by that.
Old 02-20-2009, 05:41 PM   #32
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
First... on a track in California. Didn't have next to any experience and I tried to recreate what happened. I totaled the bike, suit and paid for it all working at a restraunt(wasn't mine, I was helping out a friend and their group.)

Multiple times on the first 600 I had. My wife and I use to drift it in the rain around the backroads where we lived.

Katana... wrecked by everyone that has ever learned to ride on it(basics etc. Mainly dropped.) On my Bday four years ago a friend's friend I didn't know decided to ride it while I was salsa dancing and put it straight into a curb at 35.

I was rear ended on the busa at HMP.

Hit last year at a downtown parking lot during Amanda's BDay bash from a chevy truck... pushed me into a while(I was hard on brakes but wasn't fast enough)

And dropped the busa twice... second day and another time I believe.

Every hit I had was hit and run by truck folk.

I learned to always watch my mirrors at a stop light and always gear up for everything else you cant see coming.
Old 02-20-2009, 05:42 PM   #33
skmart2
Stephanie

Bike(s):
07 ninja 250 - sold
07 ZZR 600 - sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3N31 View Post
"I'm thinking about getting metal legs. It's a risky operation, but it'll be worth it." So that's what J.P. meant by that.

yup! i know a few people that ride that are even shorter than i am and i honestly don't see how they manage to stay right side up more than on their side
Old 02-20-2009, 05:44 PM   #34
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
what about your run off on our hurricane forest ride steph?

that scared me to death....
Old 02-20-2009, 05:44 PM   #35
ddgtomahawk
Write my name! \/

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2016 R1
2001 Honda CBR929 RE
2005 Honda CBR600RR
2007 R6S

Slapped a jogger in the back of the head...

Come here you little cake eating sieg heil .
ddgtomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 05:45 PM   #36
skmart2
Stephanie

Bike(s):
07 ninja 250 - sold
07 ZZR 600 - sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaligoneTx View Post
what about your run off on our hurricane forest ride steph?

that scared me to death....
ah yes, the post Ike ride but i never laid it down, only kicked up a little gravel so i didn't count that one and shall neve speak of it again
Old 02-20-2009, 05:50 PM   #37
Falkryte
SBN Vag Inspector

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
ninja 650r
ttr 125
crf50
tarded450

Wreck: http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=49498

Lesson Learned:
There are some serious dumb fucks that should be killed off because of their lack of intelligence. They made an illegal left hand turn in front of me. I did nothing wrong and had no time to react.
Old 02-20-2009, 05:53 PM   #38
BadApple
What?

Bike(s):
2006 CRF450X SuperMotard
2002 *ROCKSTAR* xr50

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParAvion View Post
I remmeber those pictures. OUCH! You know it might be helpful to other members if people can include the original link and pictures to their wreck if they did discuss it in detail before on the board.
http://www.msprotege.com/members/Noxide/064.JPG

1 4 09SAR4

1 4 09SAR9

1 4 09SAR19

1 4 09SAR20
BadApple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 05:56 PM   #39
skmart2
Stephanie