MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2009, 10:26 AM   #1
Grinchy

Feedback Rating: (15)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'prila

Gibernau to miss Qatar test

Quote:
Sete Gibernau and the Guinea Ecuatorial Team will miss next weekend's Qatar test after the Spaniard suffered 'a slight ligament tear in his left shoulder' during training yesterday (Thursday).

The double MotoGP World Championship runner-up's shoulder is still recovering from surgery to remove previous metalwork and, according to his team, the 'accumulation of physical exertion at the recent MotoGP tests in Malaysia and his demanding training programme' caused the ligament tear.

Doctor Ginebreda Marti of the Institut Universitari Dexeus in Barcelona diagnosed the injury and recommended "rest, in particular from physical exertion in order to avoid further injury."

Keen to avoid any major complications before his return to premier-class racing in a little over a month's time, Gibernau and the team agreed to cancel their participation in the upcoming test (March 1-3) so Sete can focus on a full and swift recovery.

The 36-year-old, returning to MotoGP after two seasons in retirement, had been twelfth fastest at Sepang, which was the first test of 2009.

Having now opted to miss Qatar, Gibernau will have just one more test session - at Jerez from March 28-29 - before the season-opening Qatar night race on April 12.
this comeback is doomed to failure imo
sad with people like Hopper kicking their heels
Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MotoGP - Qatar, last test before the flag drops alrova Taking it to the Track 60 03-16-2011 01:38 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-20-2009, 10:27 AM   #2
RoadracerNC
Former Dragon Slayer

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 8 years

Send a message via AIM to RoadracerNC
How do you let someone like this back into the series, when you have guys like Melandri picking up the scraps.
Old 02-20-2009, 11:19 AM   #3
tiatool
Pro Racer Mode Enabled

Feedback Rating: (14)

Bike(s):
08 Raven
05 Vstar 1100

I thought Sete was going to be one of the few to give Rossi a run. Sad that another rider has already injured himself. Not many riders on the "premire" grid already.
tiatool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 11:43 AM   #4
ileono918
On hiatus

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

I think Sete will have a strong year if he is healthy. I agree that there are many good riders without a seat right now, however Sete is also a good rider and I'm sure he will take advantage of the opportunity.
Will he beat Vale, Stoner or Lorenzo? I don't think so. Maybe Pedrosa and Dovi
ileono918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 12:32 PM   #5
Grinchy

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadracerNC View Post
How do you let someone like this back into the series, when you have guys like Melandri picking up the scraps.
I'm not sure I really want to see Marco back on a Duc
Old 02-20-2009, 12:41 PM   #6
Grinchy

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
Originally Posted by ileono918 View Post
I think Sete will have a strong year if he is healthy. I agree that there are many good riders without a seat right now, however Sete is also a good rider and I'm sure he will take advantage of the opportunity.
Will he beat Vale, Stoner or Lorenzo? I don't think so. Maybe Pedrosa and Dovi

your assessment paper received an "F"
please use Study Guide 230117.34 Dovi is the nuts to reacess your perspective.
Old 02-20-2009, 12:44 PM   #7
tiatool
Pro Racer Mode Enabled

Bike(s):
08 Raven
05 Vstar 1100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinchy View Post
I'm not sure I really want to see Marco back on a Duc
Nope they would have to find someone else completely. I don't even want to see Hopper on the Duc. Maybe a 250 rider.
Old 02-20-2009, 02:17 PM   #8
jodyhudson

Feedback Rating: (5)

Send a message via Yahoo to jodyhudson
sete knows rossi is gonna punk his again if he actually races
jodyhudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 11:05 PM   #9
Predator04
Proud Former Marine!

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
07R1 street bike
07R1 Racebike
08GSXR-750 streetbike.... Totalled

I for one was glad to see Sete back in GP.
Old 02-20-2009, 11:31 PM   #10
Buck Beasley
Older,Wiser,Faster

Feedback Rating: (2)

'05 Suzuki SV 650,

'04 Vespa 150

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Buck Beasley
Jodi again is the only one making sense here. Sete beat Rossi? Are you so new to the sport you don;t know the history of "the curse"? Sorry fellas, but Rossi will dominate again this year and probably every year until he decides he wants to race something else. Sete beating Rossi..........that is freakin hilarious.
CMRA expert #413
Get off the keyboard and on your bike for a change...
Buck Beasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 11:37 PM   #11
tiatool
Pro Racer Mode Enabled

Bike(s):
08 Raven
05 Vstar 1100

HUH? I said he would give Rossi a run. Not beat him. What would be wrong with him making the points race interesting? I would think the closer the competition the better. Rossi is still going to win, though.
Old 02-20-2009, 11:48 PM   #12
JMAC

Bike(s):
Ninja

Hopefully somebody will step it up and at least make it interesting. If stoner is out or not 100% you know it will be a runaway to the 3rd power.
JMAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 12:00 AM   #13
Buck Beasley
Older,Wiser,Faster

Feedback Rating: (2)

'05 Suzuki SV 650,

'04 Vespa 150

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Buck Beasley
Sete WAS good and left with his tail between his legs probaly to wait for Rossi to either crash or retire. Return to GP at 36? Really?(Seth Meyers SNL) Satelite equipment at that. Really? And miss a preseason test from a training over use injury? ...........(wait for it)......Really.........?
That is old age for the Galliant Sete. Yes I agree the man can ride the wheels of a bike. No doubt. But his race craft is his downfall, and Rossi has a permanent seat at the table in Sete's kitchen so to speak. Just like Stoner and a few others, that are at times much faster, but Rossi races thier minds as well and THAT is why he is the one and only Doctor. Biaggi tried it and every one hated him. Rossi makes us all laugh in the process which only adds to the humiliation of his competition.
Nicky so far has been the only one to withstand the mind games. Probably due to the respect between them and Nicky is one of the sharpest guys mentally on the grid. Stoner choked and crashed on his own at Laguna as a direct result of Rossi head games. A brilliant talent is more than physical.

Not trying to in your corn flakes, but I do enjoy an inteligent debate. I too would love to see every race go to the last corner with five guys, and I do think we will see closer racing due to rule changes and tires this year. Thanks
CMRA expert #413
Get off the keyboard and on your bike for a change...

Last edited by Buck Beasley; 02-21-2009 at 12:02 AM.
Buck Beasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 12:31 AM   #14
tiatool
Pro Racer Mode Enabled

Bike(s):
08 Raven
05 Vstar 1100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Beasley View Post
Sete WAS good and left with his tail between his legs probaly to wait for Rossi to either crash or retire. Return to GP at 36? Really?(Seth Meyers SNL) Satelite equipment at that. Really? And miss a preseason test from a training over use injury? ...........(wait for it)......Really.........?
That is old age for the Galliant Sete. Yes I agree the man can ride the wheels of a bike. No doubt. But his race craft is his downfall, and Rossi has a permanent seat at the table in Sete's kitchen so to speak. Just like Stoner and a few others, that are at times much faster, but Rossi races thier minds as well and THAT is why he is the one and only Doctor. Biaggi tried it and every one hated him. Rossi makes us all laugh in the process which only adds to the humiliation of his competition.
Nicky so far has been the only one to withstand the mind games. Probably due to the respect between them and Nicky is one of the sharpest guys mentally on the grid. Stoner choked and crashed on his own at Laguna as a direct result of Rossi head games. A brilliant talent is more than physical.

Not trying to in your corn flakes, but I do enjoy an inteligent debate. I too would love to see every race go to the last corner with five guys, and I do think we will see closer racing due to rule changes and tires this year. Thanks

Agreed and I think we are on the same page here. Just wanted to clear up that I was in no way swtiching aliance from Rossi. He is the GOAT, and well, I ride a Yami.
Old 02-21-2009, 01:06 AM   #15
SVmike
nuthin'

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
just a mtn bike now...

Send a message via AIM to SVmike
I love watching the "old" sete v. rossi battles. Unfortunately, I don't think Sete could give Rossi a run these days.
Old 02-21-2009, 04:43 AM   #16
FireMalt
Recovering track addict

Feedback Rating: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVmike View Post
I love watching the "old" sete v. rossi battles. Unfortunately, I don't think Sete could give Rossi a run these days.
Best YouTube video EVER!
Old 02-23-2009, 02:22 PM   #17
gunshotwound
You have been warned!

Bike(s):
YAMAHA R6
YAMAHA FZ6

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodyhudson View Post
sete knows rossi is gonna punk his again if he actually races
That picture of his face tells the story.

CMRA #106
gunshotwound is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement