Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2009, 06:19 PM   #21
KEITH HUBBARD
JOKERMAN

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
1300 V STAR YAMAHA
KZ 650 KAWASAKI
HONDA CB 550
TS125 SUZUKI
HARLEY DAVIDSON 50

Thumbs up

Yeah, it is getting that time of year, when all riders are out there.
Be safe everyone.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
THC AUGUST Wed nite and Sunday rides..... KORN13 Events, Meets and Rides 1 08-28-2007 12:20 AM
RIDE WED NITE Jaybird3443 Events, Meets and Rides 23 05-09-2007 07:29 PM
plz read for wed nite ride Spanish Fly Events, Meets and Rides 5 04-11-2007 08:41 PM
Wed Nite Meet @ Taco Cabana? BlackWidow Events, Meets and Rides 56 06-12-2006 05:55 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-19-2009, 07:26 PM   #22
Candy
The Most Intolerable bish

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
'06 GSXR 1000
'02 GSXR 750

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Candy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
I was reading a DPS report yesterday somewhere on the internet that most of the accidents every year comes from "returning riders" and not newbies. They said it is because alot of people like to take a break from riding either for personal reasons or colder temperatures; and when they get back on the road, they tend to be a little rusty. Thereby causing or being involved in an accident. Sounded fair to me.
Cause temps are warming up and knew they were alot of people that shy away from riding in the last couple of months on this site alone.
I 2 can see that point being valid!

Every year, this time of year, we get a slew of wrecks/deaths, I'm just tired of typing RIP
Old 02-20-2009, 10:13 AM   #23
mrclean
Squid Pro Quo

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
Honda XL 600
Blackbird
RC51
1000RR
CB 350

That's why I ride throughout the year, unlike Sifu-TZ and Pete!

I lived in Med Ctr (Kirby and Holcombe) and could hear the runs on 610 by the Dome and Reliant. Wow, what a cool sound! Almost as cool as the track.

At work, 610 and Westheimer, across 610 from PP1, I hear the groups tearing off north and south bound, especially with the echo under 610.

It sux, my commute now is so short that during my ride home from work; PP1 is the halfway mark! I usually do a drive by @ PP1 just to check out the bikes.
mrclean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 10:46 AM   #24
Solo
Killer Bee Racing

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
06 gsxr 600 (track)
00 sv 650 (street)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxrjai View Post
97.9 was talking about the loop today and how these motorcycle try to make it around in 10-12min.

A chick called and told them not to be putting in out there for everyone to know... (Was that you Candy?)

I live on the northside of 610@45 and hear them zing/zooom by till about 3am. Those guys/girls have big ones between they're legs.

Ride Safe, Ride Smart, and Ride to see another day(idk)
I think they call themselves the 610 boys and the only way to be in thier click is to do the loop
Solo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 10:48 AM   #25
R6Spartan
1000 Killer

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
50th aniv R6 and

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
I was reading a DPS report yesterday somewhere on the internet that most of the accidents every year comes from "returning riders" and not newbies. They said it is because alot of people like to take a break from riding either for personal reasons or colder temperatures; and when they get back on the road, they tend to be a little rusty. Thereby causing or being involved in an accident. Sounded fair to me.
Cause temps are warming up and knew they were alot of people that shy away from riding in the last couple of months on this site alone.
that sounds about right...
Old 02-20-2009, 11:09 AM   #26
spring r1

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
07 r1
04gsxr600 track
ttr90

610 isnt a race track?
spring r1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 11:19 AM   #27
lonnief2
Kind of a troll now

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2008 Suzuki GSXR 750
totally totaled

Send a message via AIM to lonnief2 Send a message via Yahoo to lonnief2 Send a message via Skype™ to lonnief2
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxrjai View Post
97.9 was talking about the loop today and how these motorcycle try to make it around in 10-12min.

A chick called and told them not to be putting in out there for everyone to know... (Was that you Candy?)

I live on the northside of 610@45 and hear them zing/zooom by till about 3am. Those guys/girls have big ones between they're legs.

Ride Safe, Ride Smart, and Ride to see another day(idk)

i always heard it was in 8min they were even talkin about it just yesterday morning, i say that takes not only EXTREMELY wreckless driving but also very little to NO traffic to make it 8min or less

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo View Post
I think they call themselves the 610 boys and the only way to be in thier click is to do the loop
was told it was the 8min Club, maybe 2 diff groups
lonnief2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 01:24 PM   #28
Candy
The Most Intolerable bish

Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
'06 GSXR 1000
'02 GSXR 750

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Candy
It was the 9min group, they were around a few years back, and all had a 9 on the back of their jacket or so i've been told, basically rolled in a line all the way around the loop in 9 mins, but when u do the math on the mileage around the loop plus the average speed, I found it hard to believe it was possible in anything less than 12

Advertisement