MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

View Poll Results: Should earphones be allowed on the track?
Yes 22 17.60%
No 79 63.20%
Do as you wish 24 19.20%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2009, 09:57 PM   #161
Brian f.

Feedback Rating: (0)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
06 CRF450 Tard FOR SALE!!!!!!
2007 1000RR
K8 750 Track bike
Racecar 8.02 @ 169 FOR SALE, not for faint of heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenup283 View Post
I was with you all the way until then. What the "majority" thinks or feels does'nt matter. Don;t let em wear you down. I've got your back.

In general if someones not ridiing well, (for whatever reason) offer to help/ give advice. If you see their wearing headphones let em know it would help if they took'em off and that they'll never be as fast as Rossi wearing them.[B] But if I reacall this thd started not because someone was ridding poorly but because they could'nt hear someone speaking to them.[B] So what are we really trying to solve. Mabye you should be asking for a rule that says you have to respond when spoken to by a fellow ridder.

I signed 4 waivers last weekend and had to wear 2 wirst bands! I was expecting a stamp on my forehead to come next. Don't complicate matters by asking the orgs to take care of this for you. BTW I did'nt vote in the poll since MH is not the majoity anyway. I would not wear headphones but I don;t want to see any additional rules either.

Ive been thinking that for 7 pages of this thread but kept my mouth shut. If everyone would RE-READ the original post, it took a scenario where if anyone could have been in the wrong it was the PASSER and knew so otherwise he wouldnt stop to aopologize, then everyone threw in a HYPOTHETICAL ending of what THEY THOUGHT COULD have happened nut didnt, and if it did sounds like it STILL wouldnt have been earbud man's fault .......and thus in the end its now banned and the guy with the phones in is the bad guy through no fault of his own. Pretty good stuff for the fact nothing he did was problomatic on track except he didnt catch someones apology after off the track.

LOL, classic!!!!!!!! I love it

Last edited by Brian f.; 02-20-2009 at 10:00 PM.
Brian f. is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Seafoam Usage ekfraz How To's and Q & A's 27 10-12-2009 03:35 PM
Earphone Discussion V. 5.2.4b_BigEar Drumboy General Discussion (Moto Related) 7 11-24-2008 08:08 PM
Internet usage?? Hooligan Off Topic 16 07-05-2008 10:05 PM
Lane Filtering Usage specterunseen General Discussion (Moto Related) 64 04-07-2008 12:43 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-20-2009, 10:02 PM   #162
Brian f.

Bike(s):
2007 1000RR
K8 750 Track bike

Quote:
I was with you all the way until then. What the "majority" thinks or feels does'nt matter. Don;t let em wear you down. I've got your back.

In general if someones not ridiing well, (for whatever reason) offer to help/ give advice. If you see their wearing headphones let em know it would help if they took'em off and that they'll never be as fast as Rossi wearing them. But if I reacall this thd started not because someone was ridding poorly but because they could'nt hear someone speaking to them. So what are we really trying to solve. Mabye you should be asking for a rule that says you have to respond when spoken to by a fellow ridder.

I signed 4 waivers last weekend and had to wear 2 wirst bands! I was expecting a stamp on my forehead to come next. Don't complicate matters by asking the orgs to take care of this for you. BTW I did'nt vote in the poll since MH is not the majoity anyway. I would not wear headphones but I don;t want to see any additional rules either.

Oops, see my above post, forgot to highlight this part
Old 02-20-2009, 10:26 PM   #163
Capt Penetrate
A view from my office

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
06 R6 Track
07 R1 to pose

That's the problem with people today, they always want to tell people what they can and cannot do. Just do you and don't worry about the next man. If they want to listen to music, let them. You ride your ride and let them ride their ride.
Old 02-21-2009, 07:32 AM   #164
andygill17

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'99 sv 650 bobber race bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciaka View Post
I tried them but feel much better without them. Like all the feedback I can get from all of my senses, so I say, why would one decide to get less input? Just my opinion, however as DHD said, Ride Smart has no earphones track day events.
??
except for the one I did last weekend I guess?
andygill17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 07:46 AM   #165
Warpbender
warped and bent

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
'07 Yammy FZ1 "the faster blue one"
'04 DR650se (sold)

Member Garage

I am so used to riding with tunes that if my battery dies I'm bored to tears.
Besides I'm not impressed when people tell me how to ride my bike, especially if I'm paying them to.
Ride free & live hard!
or reverse that - whatever blows your hair back.

Life is too short not to ride nekkid!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaligoneTx View Post
So keep talking chit or try it.
Warpbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 07:51 AM   #166
andygill17

Bike(s):
'99 sv 650 bobber race bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warpbender View Post
I am so used to riding with tunes that if my battery dies I'm bored to tears.
Besides I'm not impressed when people tell me how to ride my bike, especially if I'm paying them to.
Ride free & live hard!
word
andygill17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 10:34 AM   #167
Candie

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2013 Ninja 300
07 CBR 600RR (sold)
09 Ninja 250 (sold)
04 CBR 600RR (sold)
04 GSXR 600 (sold)

Quote:

In general if someones not ridiing well, (for whatever reason) offer to help/ give advice. If you see their wearing headphones let em know it would help if they took'em off and that they'll never be as fast as Rossi wearing them. But if I reacall this thd started not because someone was ridding poorly but because they could'nt hear someone speaking to them. So what are we really trying to solve. Mabye you should be asking for a rule that says you have to respond when spoken to by a fellow ridder.

I am not letting them wear me down. I am still firm in my stance that I donít feel they are a distraction to every rider, and the ones that do it is based solely on personal opinion. But unfortunately in our society today laws and rules are made based on the majority of voters. In this case riders. No one has yet to site any proof that someone riding with earphones has ever created a problem on the track. I know the couple that have posted in this thread that have ridden with them are not the only ones to have successfully accomplished this feat. I have seen way more people wear them at track days, but I am guessing are to scared to post here due to the overwhelming stance against them.

While I am not one to maliciously break rules, I feel like if someone wants a rule to be enforced then it needs to be made known. I can understand how the majority can feel that earphones COULD be a distraction and with that can cause animosity to a fellow track rider they happen to see ride with earphones. That can cause a safety concern for all riders on the track. I am all for safety on the track, but in the same regard I donít not feel I need to be spoon fed certain aspects of said safety. I am quite capable of determining what may or may not be a distraction to me and make my own decisions from there. I am all about personal responsibility and I take TOTAL responsibility for my actions while riding on the track. Granted I am NOT the most experienced track rider and I know there are way more experienced riders and I welcome and value their opinions, but really they have yet to offer real advice with the exception of Curt. All I have read so far is ď I think it maybe could be and therefore lets ban it for allĒ When I originally posted in this thread I have no idea that it was such an issue with so many! I just offered up my own personal experiences, since that is really all I have go on.
Old 02-22-2009, 08:21 AM   #168
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian f. View Post
Ive been thinking that for 7 pages of this thread but kept my mouth shut. If everyone would RE-READ the original post, it took a scenario where if anyone could have been in the wrong it was the PASSER and knew so otherwise he wouldnt stop to aopologize, then everyone threw in a HYPOTHETICAL ending of what THEY THOUGHT COULD have happened nut didnt, and if it did sounds like it STILL wouldnt have been earbud man's fault .......and thus in the end its now banned and the guy with the phones in is the bad guy through no fault of his own. Pretty good stuff for the fact nothing he did was problomatic on track except he didnt catch someones apology after off the track.

LOL, classic!!!!!!!! I love it
You got me on that sh*t, but I'm a friendly rider and like to keep the peace...I don't want no drama....although the pass was clean, I just thought it was tight since it was diving into T1. Whoever was talking about the waivers you had to sign, wristbands you have to wear, etc. is right on the money, BUT.....trackday organizers take lots of risks when putting on these events, therefore, demanding your initals next to 30 different kinds of liability waivers, so what's one more?!
dbuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 08:32 AM   #169
Brian f.

Bike(s):
2007 1000RR
K8 750 Track bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuck View Post
You got me on that sh*t, but I'm a friendly rider and like to keep the peace...I don't want no drama....although the pass was clean, I just thought it was tight since it was diving into T1. Whoever was talking about the waivers you had to sign, wristbands you have to wear, etc. is right on the money, BUT.....trackday organizers take lots of risks when putting on these events, therefore, demanding your initals next to 30 different kinds of liability waivers, so what's one more?!
Yeah, i didnt want you to take it like i was pointing the finger at ya (and you didnt), but simply re-listed the facts given by your account.

trackdays are upon us!

Advertisement