MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2009, 03:13 PM   #1
hotnanas
i rock knobbies

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 10+ years

VIN Help: Can someone please run a bike's VIN for me?

I'm running into some issues at the tax collectors office with a bike. Can someone please run a VIN for me?

It seems now I have to prove to them that the bike is a theft recovered salvaged title.
hotnanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
how can i run a vin check to see if a bike is stolen? gglaze04 General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 05-26-2012 04:25 PM
Need a VIN run....please help BaoPee Off Topic 3 01-25-2012 01:27 PM
how can I run a Vin on a bike? wakeupluis General Discussion (Moto Related) 13 05-12-2011 11:21 AM
vin vin please run this vin..... infidel General Discussion (Moto Related) 9 06-04-2007 09:38 PM
can someone run this vin for me Din General Discussion (Moto Related) 3 06-04-2007 03:37 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-18-2009, 03:14 PM   #2
BigComfy

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

I'll have it done. Same one?
Old 02-18-2009, 03:18 PM   #3
hotnanas
i rock knobbies

ya bro thanks.

it's funny, most people are checking to see if the bike is not stolen. I am checking to see if it has been salvaged due to theft.

anyhow, I think the tax people are giving me the run around and wanting me to produce "rebuild" receipts. I may just buy some handlebars, levers, grips, and lights and bring those receipts in.
Old 02-18-2009, 03:22 PM   #4
houstonch73
Banned

Feedback Rating: (1)

Send a message via Yahoo to houstonch73
User is banned

houstonch73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 03:23 PM   #5
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

Guess you got it, can't say we didn't see this coming! Once you get it titled you'll have a badass bike at a killer price
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 03:29 PM   #6
hotnanas
i rock knobbies

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonch73 View Post
curious.....so what does it take to register a built bike anyway? I've gotten into a project where I bought the frame new (I have the notarized bill of origin from my dealer, I think its called) and bought the engine/tranny from craigslist, the front end I'm assembling off ebay and parts swap meets.

reason I ask is cause I'll be ready to register by end of summer I hope. and if I got to start coming up with more documents then I need to start now.

what is the process anyway?
it's really not too tough...just prepare yourself for a few wasted hours in line at the tax collector's office.

1. Purchase bike.
2. Fill out 1030U form
3. Fill out some rebuilt form that has spots for reasons and receipts. must get notarized.
3. get state safety inspection. pay an additional $1 for a VI-130 (i think that is what it is called) form.
4. Goto tax collector and hope they don't turn you away.

sticky anyone? lol
Old 02-18-2009, 03:31 PM   #7
hotnanas
i rock knobbies

my only mistake was that I didn't bring them any receipts...they just don't understand that a bike can be salvaged for cosmetic reasons I guess. They said that a stolen/recovered bike won't be issued a salvaged title based on it being stolen alone.
Old 02-18-2009, 03:51 PM   #8
houstonch73
Banned

Feedback Rating: (1)

Send a message via Yahoo to houstonch73
User is banned

houstonch73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 03:56 PM   #9
hotnanas
i rock knobbies

nope, I just went to some oil swap shop that does state inspections.

well, i'm not sure of the "new build". I would suggest keeping receipts for the motor and other parts, because you will have to show them, and engine serial numbers, and donor bike VIN and stuff.

good luck.

Advertisement