MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2009, 06:39 PM   #21
ParAvion
Mr. Misanthrope

Feedback Rating: (0)

you come off as not too enterprising a person. So let me explain with pictures I will be creating this poster from the picture above since the guy obviously does not care. If I make a million dollars off it selling it on college campuses then its MY money not yours. You can just wish for a piece then. Deal?

3289141704 f58322d1af o

Last edited by ParAvion; 02-17-2009 at 06:43 PM.
ParAvion is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FB Page Jason Thornton General Discussion (Moto Related) 0 10-21-2013 12:54 PM
It's just ONE PAGE FKNA The Circus 21 12-19-2010 06:11 PM
Joke Page ThomasNinja650 Off Topic 115 10-16-2008 10:55 PM
NEW PICS OF CAM MOUNT..New to MotoHouston, couple videos to intro.. jeffrh General Discussion (Moto Related) 15 08-04-2005 03:41 PM
the Stats page.... cbrr03 Forum Updates & Feedback 23 05-19-2005 12:00 AM
Advertisement
Old 02-17-2009, 07:35 PM   #22
ANTISOCIAL

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
05 cbr 600 rr

Send a message via AIM to ANTISOCIAL
jorel4 I like this one better . lol
ANTISOCIAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 07:38 PM   #23
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Feedback Rating: (31)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

compensation? Your asking others to relinquish to you rights of their work for the purpose of making money you money?
Pyrofallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 07:41 PM   #24
ParAvion
Mr. Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrofallout View Post
compensation? are you asking others to relinquish to you rights of their work for the purpose of making money or is this non-profit?

OH NO! Pyrofallout did not dare suggest that someone should get compensated for their pictures? Careful you might off the dude who runs the photography charity organization.

The original poster wants to use the pictures on an E-Commerce website to MAKE MONEY. Well you know what i'm done with this conversation. Its hard to convince some people thats why there are such things such as courts and lawyers. There is currently a multi million dollar lawsuit where a guy took a picture of obama and made a t-shirt of it and made a couple of million dollars and is refusing to pay the guy who originally took the picture.

So go ahead bro I was just trying to help you not get ripped off since you seemed a bit green. Give this guy the pictures it wont bother me in the least. You have the right to give away your pictures of course and if you feel they are worthless then thats exactly what you should do it would only be fair. I was only originally stating if he is using it for an E-Commerce website you should get paid or he should goto a stock photography site and save some money. But in the end you will never learn, he will get sub par pictures and a bad looking website that no one will probably stay on for more than a second and I will continue charing for my pictures that others use commercially and making money and buying nice toys for myself.

BTW my offer of coming to work at your company doing your job for free still applies so just PM me when and where to show up and as long as its not cleaning toilets and requires some kind of brainpower i'll do it during my lesiure time when i'm bored.

Last edited by ParAvion; 02-17-2009 at 07:46 PM.
Old 02-17-2009, 07:47 PM   #25
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
I should have a hooked on phonics game around here somewhere if you'd like to borrow it.

He asked for pictures that people took directly that would be willing to relinquish rights... So the picture taker, and the motorist/skateboarder/etc would have given permission.

Both Tiatool and I said we had pics so long as our subjects didn't mind.

Or did you read something I didn't?

Just curious...
Old 02-17-2009, 07:50 PM   #26
ParAvion
Mr. Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaligoneTx View Post
I should have a hooked on phonics game around here somewhere if you'd like to borrow it.

He asked for pictures that people took directly that would be willing to relinquish rights... So the picture taker, and the motorist/skateboarder/etc would have given permission.

Both Tiatool and I said we had pics so long as our subjects didn't mind.

Or did you read something I didn't?

Just curious...

That is fully understood but my post was just letting the guy offering his pictures for free know that they are worth something. His response was a moral attack on me for suggesting he charge for the pictures. Either way W-G-A-S. I could care as much at this point as I care that the guy who drove past me on the freeway in the ford festiva did not reach his full income potential.

If cycle gear.com asked you for some pictures to use on their site would you give it to them? What if microsoft.com or buy.com did it? Where do you draw the line?

Last edited by ParAvion; 02-17-2009 at 07:53 PM.
Old 02-17-2009, 07:54 PM   #27
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParAvion View Post
If cycle gear.com asked you for some pictures to use on their site would you give it to them? What if microsoft.com or buy.com did it? Where do you draw the line?
Old 02-17-2009, 08:01 PM   #28
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

so let me see if i have this right: there are two of you in this thread that are seriously getting butthurt because OTHER PEOPLE are willing to give away THEIR pictures to someone else? what the is wrong with you people?
Old 02-17-2009, 08:04 PM   #29
ParAvion
Mr. Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azylum View Post
so let me see if i have this right: there are two of you in this thread that are seriously getting butthurt because OTHER PEOPLE are willing to give away THEIR pictures to someone else? what the is wrong with you people?
I stated earlier I don't care if they give a away the picture or not as it does not affect me directly. But my original post was to make the guy aware he can sell the picture and not feel bad since the guys going to use it to make money. He is the one who is real hurt and angry that I would even suggest that. He must have something against money.
Old 02-17-2009, 08:09 PM   #30
ParAvion
Mr. Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFR101 View Post
+1 Time to move on fellas. It is not like he is selling posters of the pictures. He is simply using it to make the website look cool.
Isnt that what all the pictures on ALL websites are for? You think the pictures you see on most websites that make them look "cool" were free?

Most people who need pictures on a budget goto http://www.istockphoto.com/index.php the owner of that site is a billionaire. Thats with a B. I don't think he got to that level by giving things away. But hey like I say all the time. I can only take a horse to water but I can't force him to drink.

Last edited by ParAvion; 02-17-2009 at 08:11 PM.
Old 02-17-2009, 08:09 PM   #31
Azylum
The Chosen One

Quote:
I stated earlier I don't care if they give a away the picture or not as it does not affect me directly. But my original post was to make the guy aware he can sell the picture and not feel bad since the guys going to use it to make money. He is the one who is real hurt and angry that I would even suggest that. He must have something against money.
as i see it you used the term dumb agains them, therefore beginning the personal attacks. the pics belong to them, so as far as i can tell, its none of your business what they do with them.
Old 02-17-2009, 08:10 PM   #32
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

Are we really upset over this? I could care less what someone else does with their potential income. You wanna give away your photos to some stranger to use it on a website to make him money, then have fun.
Old 02-17-2009, 08:11 PM   #33
Azylum
The Chosen One

Quote:

this point is stupid. i doubt anyone here is friends with the site owners of either of those two businesses.
Old 02-17-2009, 08:15 PM   #34
ParAvion
Mr. Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azylum View Post
this point is stupid. i doubt anyone here is friends with the site owners of either of those two businesses.
whats that got to do with my original point of giving the man some advice? Advice is generally not free he should be so lucky I pointed him in the right direction. There are entire industries set up to give people advice. I should charge him for my advice!

If he is the man's friend then he should just have given him the pictures and be done with it. But the guy posted a request on a public forum asking people to give him pictures and I simply let people know that the general business model is to pay for pictures you are using to make money for yourself.

If he had asked me for some pictures to use on a memorial website for a fellow rider or inclusion in a RIP thread you think I would tell people to charge for them? Of course not. Why are you so anti-advice to a fellow member? Advice is a take it or leave it situation. Obviously he chose to ignore it. So case closed.
Old 02-17-2009, 08:15 PM   #35
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr

I understand where you're getting back.

Im not using my pictures for business or anything else.

Nor would I mind people using them(many are unlocked on photobucket.) If the pictures were taken from a site that specifically was designed for someone to make money, I can understand their problems with it. Otherwise "dude that's me on his website" lol
Old 02-17-2009, 08:16 PM   #36
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob65 View Post
have at it.

I love looking at me
hahahaha.... just like my last sentence above... lol
Old 02-17-2009, 08:18 PM   #37
Azylum
The Chosen One

btw, ive got pictures of the sexiest gixxer you EVA seen! oh ya, and you can HAVE them. i dont mind at all. lemme know.
Old 02-17-2009, 08:19 PM   #38
ParAvion
Mr. Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob65 View Post
have at it.

I love looking at me
My point exactly. You get what you pay for. Here you have a picture taken with a regular camera with no artistic expression with a chain link fence running through a guys body and bike. Or you can pay $1 and get this picture for full rights use on your website with a full signed release.

istockphoto 1846512 speed

A note to the guy wanting the free pictures just so you know if you don't have the proper paperwork filled out by whoever gives you the picture they can always come back and sue you later on for using their picture. So if you go get a picture from someone make sure you have them fill out the release form otherwise you better set some aside for a future lawsuit if they choose to do so.
Old 02-17-2009, 08:20 PM   #39
Japawhat02
02 Tona

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2002 Daytona

wow.... i love this website....
Old 02-17-2009, 08:22 PM   #40
Azylum
The Chosen One

Quote:
whats that got to do with my original point of giving the man some advice? Advice is generally not free he should be so lucky I pointed him in the right direction. There are entire industries set up to give people advice. I should charge him for my advice!

If he is the man's friend then he should just have given him the pictures and be done with it. But the guy posted a request on a public forum asking people to give him pictures and I simply let people know that the general business model is to pay for pictures you are using to make money for yourself.

If he had asked me for some pictures to use on a memorial website for a fellow rider or inclusion in a RIP thread you think I would tell people to charge for them? Of course not. Why are you so anti-advice to a fellow member? Advice is a take it or leave it situation. Obviously he chose to ignore it. So case closed.
if you want to run a business here talk to Solracer and ask for a sponsorship, otherwise take your i should charge nonsense elsewhere. believe it or not, not everyone here has the money-grubbing, in it only for me attitude.
we enjoy helping each other out without feeling we should charge for our help. nobody has a problem with making money, but you seem to have a problem with being nice.

Advertisement