MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2009, 10:38 AM   #61
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
Since we have some "holier than thou" folks in here, how about those folks that park their bikes on sidewalks or storefronts. Are you going to start calling the cops on them too??? You know regular folks need their space to walk on safely and shouldn't have step off into the street or around your bike. Isn't that hypocritical?

If you park in a handicap spot and you're not handicapped you're a grade-A douche bag.

Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sweet end to a stolen bike story-stolen in 1967 grsa General Discussion (Moto Related) 1 11-05-2013 11:09 PM
Helmet cam catches motorcycle stolen at gunpoint. Soldaten General Discussion (Moto Related) 26 10-14-2013 09:54 PM
Stolen helmet houstonbilly General Discussion (Moto Related) 3 11-25-2010 07:14 PM
stolen helmet JUANTED General Discussion (Moto Related) 14 09-09-2008 12:27 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-17-2009, 10:39 AM   #62
C.Hern5972
Street Ninja Four Father

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
96 ZX7R 37k miles and still strong
2007 HD Softail
2002 Springer Classic
2007 GSXR600

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashtown View Post
If you park in a handicap spot and you're not handicapped you're a grade-A douche bag.

Chris H
"I dont follow rules to well"
C.Hern5972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 10:43 AM   #63
houstonch73
Banned

Feedback Rating: (1)

Send a message via Yahoo to houstonch73
User is banned

houstonch73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 10:44 AM   #64
pelochas

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2004 Kawasaki ZX-6R

a lil bird said it was a guy on a wheelchair and he was off about parking in the handicap spot so he stole your helmet...hahahaha
pelochas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 10:52 AM   #65
The_Gunslinger
Kamakasi

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
'07 zx6r
'02 xr250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Hern5972 View Post
^^^ your wrong for that man
LOL
no worries, i can put on a pretty good 'tard show.

granted handicapped spots are put there for a reason. they're not put there for your convenience. but no harm, no foul...i mean if nobody else needs to park there while you grab a drink (or stogies) no problem.

the same asshats that try to run you off te road for lane-splitting will try to 'get-back-at-you' because theye didn't do it (RIGHT THEN...most of those people are lonely pathetic losers)

& when i park on a sidewalk I park parallel to the building. blocking a whole sidewalk is a move.

f Handicapped Parking 4105
Soon I discovered that this rock thing was true, Jerry lee lewis was the devil, Jesus was an architect previous to his career as a prophet; All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world...So there was only one thing that I could do/
ding a ding dang my dang a long ling long
The_Gunslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 01:16 PM   #66
Gimpin2Fold
Wake up already

Quote:
Since we have some "holier than thou" folks in here, how about those folks that park their bikes on sidewalks or storefronts. Are you going to start calling the cops on them too??? You know regular folks need their space to walk on safely and shouldn't have step off into the street or around your bike. Isn't that hypocritical?
sounds like your the one that is "holier than thou" because you just park where ever you want.

btw, i pay $5 a place card

Quote:
I know that and you are right. Other taxpayers like me have to foot that bill for that nice sign and custom blue paint. I don't remember the last time I have recieved a refund. Oh yeah, the first year that I ever worked, it was a big $240 and I've been paying ever since. Man, the fleecing of America.
im a taxpayer to, only difference is a dont cry because someone has a better parking spot than me and i had to pay for the blue paint...... grow up
Gimpin2Fold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 01:20 PM   #67
The_Gunslinger
Kamakasi

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
'07 zx6r
'02 xr250r

i painted "reserved for VIP" on a parking spot @ DPHS.

i was fined $250 & had to powerwash it off.

anyone noticed the copycat @ whataburger on redbluff?
Soon I discovered that this rock thing was true, Jerry lee lewis was the devil, Jesus was an architect previous to his career as a prophet; All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world...So there was only one thing that I could do/
ding a ding dang my dang a long ling long
The_Gunslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 02:38 PM   #68
Quicksilver

Experience: 9-12 months

Bike(s):
2008 Suzuki Half-a-busa
Harley Davidson Fatboy / Fatbob (April 18, 2009)

Quote:
An adaptation from KJ Version : John 8 v7.

Quote:
They kept demanding an answer, so Quicksilver stood up again and said, ďAll right, but let the one who has never sinned throw the first stone at me!!!Ē
I see houstonch73 is not scared to admit that he parks on storefront area/walkway. I am not knocking him for it, but how come y'all don't think that is a high crime also like you tried to chastise the OP. Walkways are for pedestrians only, right? See where my holier than thou comment comes in? I know some don't have nuts to admit like houstonch73 did that he has done it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimpin2Fold
whatever. after all the facts, you have been proven not to be a credible witness. Just give up. (For additional vehicles and not main vehicle, right????)
Old 02-17-2009, 02:46 PM   #69
KEITH HUBBARD
JOKERMAN

Bike(s):
1300 V STAR YAMAHA
KZ 650 KAWASAKI
HONDA CB 550
TS125 SUZUKI
HARLEY DAVIDSON 50

Talking

Quote:
The guy could have parked his bike on the diagonal markings next to the handi-spot, not the actually spot. You know you do it all the time, stop being righteous.
Anyway, what I don't get is these people that steal other's items of clothing and wear it (possibly)? I wish a bacterial infection lodges somewhere on their body and eats them to death. The itchyour-assoutis strain. Freaking thieves.

PS. Want to keep your stuff safe. Just put a Hepatitus club sticker on your bike and no one will touch it.
dude. that was crazy funny !!!!!
Old 02-17-2009, 03:23 PM   #70
Gimpin2Fold
Wake up already

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimpin2Fold View Post
Quote:
whatever. after all the facts, you have been proven not to be a credible witness. Just give up. (For additional vehicles and not main vehicle, right????)
what facts and the only person on here that is saying im not credible is you. you dont know me nor my past, several others on here do and KNOW for a fact that im disabled, and since im disabled, why would i lie about it. and no, i dont pay $5 for each additional vehicles, i pay $5 dollars for each tag i have.

btw: no one is saying they have never parked where they shouldnt have, but at the same time they are not in this thread saying "thats my handi-spot"

here i am a couple months after my wreck.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	n34411559_31512588_8134.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	19564  
Old 02-17-2009, 04:45 PM   #71
burnboy
upliftmofopartyplan

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2011 kawi z 1000

wow. wheres the response to that? lol
burnboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 04:49 PM   #72
Gimpin2Fold
Wake up already

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnboy View Post
wow. wheres the response to that? lol
there isnt one, not a good one anyways. im sure he will come up with so kinda "i call BS, that is a photo shopped picture"
Old 02-17-2009, 05:22 PM   #73
69z28lt1

Quote:
You were parked in the handcap area? You're lucky you just lost a helmet and no one kicked the bike over.
Wow. So it would be ok to kick my bike over if I were to park in the stripped area.

Yeah Im handicap, but instead of taking up a whole spot im nice enough and allow enough room for another car to park and use full advantage of the closer parking spot.

I beg i get a smartass trying to give me some chewing about my parking.
Old 02-17-2009, 05:28 PM   #74
ParAvion
Mr. Misanthrope

Are you an amputee from a bike wreck?
ParAvion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 05:40 PM   #75
ormand
Deelish!

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2009 Ninja 650r
Total Mileage: 42,000

I remember I parked in a handicap spot once at Eckerd off of El Dorado (Clear Lake). This is when I first moved here from NJ...I was picking up medicine for my dad. Anyway, this nurse came up to my face and started yelling at me to move my car or else she will call the cops. I moved but I think her anger was because I had NJ tags on my car rather than parking in a handicap spot. Regardless, I was wrong.
Old 02-17-2009, 05:47 PM   #76
Quicksilver

Bike(s):
2008 Suzuki Half-a-busa

Quote:
what facts and the only person on here that is saying im not credible is you. you dont know me nor my past, several others on here do and KNOW for a fact that im disabled, and since im disabled, why would i lie about it. and no, i dont pay $5 for each additional vehicles, i pay $5 dollars for each tag i have....
I didn't make up the state law and quoted it earlier.
Quote:
State law ß681.001(5) defines a mobility problem as one that substantially impairs a person’s ability to ambulate, and the person:
(b) cannot walk without the use of or assistance from an assistance device, including a brace, cane, crutch, another person or a prosthetic device
So according to that law, TXDOT does not charge a fee for a person with a mobility problem on the disable permit form. TXDOT issues the handicap placard through the County-Tax Office.

You say you do, but the law and TX DOT says you don't. So who do I believe? Do I say BS here or what??

Last edited by Quicksilver; 02-17-2009 at 05:51 PM.
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 05:49 PM   #77
houstonch73
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to houstonch73
User is banned

houstonch73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 06:06 PM   #78
Gimpin2Fold
Wake up already

Quote:
I didn't make up the state law and quoted it earlier.

So according to that law, TXDOT does not charge a fee for a person with a mobility problem on the disable permit form. TXDOT issues the handicap placard through the County-Tax Office.

You say you do, but the law and TX DOT says you don't. So who do I believe? Do I say BS here or what??
im telling you the last time i went and got tags (about 2 years ago) i paid for all of them. now maybe they weren't suppose to charge me for them, but they did. Good enough for ya
Old 02-17-2009, 06:08 PM   #79
Quicksilver

Bike(s):
2008 Suzuki Half-a-busa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParAvion View Post
Are you an amputee from a bike wreck?
Here is your answer.

Quote:
My name is chris symons, some of yall know me from walter, he is at TIRR with me. just wanted to give a little background on myself.

I rode a 2004 daytona 600, i was riding from college station to houston for the bike show at reliant stadium on november 13 of 2005. i went to pass a minivan on 105 towards conroe and when i got passed it for some reason i stayed in the oncoming traffic lane. a red ford f-250 was comming at me and i didn't move. i hit it head on at a combined speed of 150mph. i wasnt wearing my helmet, and the trucks grill gaurd ripped off my left arm, when i hit the ground...i was dead, i died for almost a minute but came back on my own. the wreck took my arm, split my left leg open from hip to ankle and ripped my akelies tendon 80% on my right foot and some very minor head injuries (can you believe that, with no helmet) they had to take my leg at the hospital just the name 1ARM1LEG i am back at TIRR learning how to walk again on my new 46k leg. life is good and im happy to say am very well, and very much alive. i look forward to getting on a bike again and that is one of my main goals. i gotta leave yall with a word WILL NEVER GIVE US ANYTHING WE CANT HANDLE, I JUST WISH HE DIDNT TRUST ME SO MUCH.

yall ride safe.

chris
Old 02-17-2009, 06:12 PM   #80
Gimpin2Fold
Wake up already

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonch73 View Post
ditto....I'd like to hear more about this story. I'm guessing that your avatar pic is "pre-accident" as well.

(aside - if you want to read about a disabled guy who still tours the country even though he's on crutches then check this guy out. anything is possible.
http://mysite.verizon.net/res0ohwj/index.html)
my dads account
http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...ht=story+wreck

newspaper
http://209.189.226.235/stories/12250...0051225002.php

Advertisement