MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2009, 12:30 AM   #41
Quicksilver

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 9-12 months

Bike(s):
2008 Suzuki Half-a-busa
Harley Davidson Fatboy / Fatbob (April 18, 2009)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimpin2Fold View Post
there is ALWAYS a different spot to park in, it may be a much farther walk, so get off your lazy and walk, if your that lazy, it would probably do you some good anyways.
You mean like on the sidewalk or on the street. I just love when people try to act like no one has ever pulled into a gas station or a store and there are no parking spots or pumps open and cars are just going around in circles til someone moves. STHU!!!

Quote:
Funny enough, those "handi-spots" as you like to call them, we have to actually pay to use them.
Really??? Do you have to spend your disability check on handicap sticker??? Transportation Code ß681.001(5) and according to TXDOT FORM VTR-214 : Parking placards may be issued to persons with a permanent or temporary disability. There is no fee for a placard issued to a person with a permanent disability, and a $5 fee (per placard) if issued to a person with a temporary disability. I cry BS!!! I wish I was getting a check so that I won't have to spend it on something that is free and try to fool the public into believe otherwise.

Quote:
btw: i am a double amputee, left leg above the knee and left arm above the elbow, and majority of the time, i dont even park in those spots. there is always someone worse off than me that needs that space more than i do, and im pretty such they need it 100% more than you.
That is your choice. Am I supposed to sing praises and give an award. That's your choice to use it or not.
Sweet end to a stolen bike story-stolen in 1967 grsa General Discussion (Moto Related) 1 11-05-2013 11:09 PM
Helmet cam catches motorcycle stolen at gunpoint. Soldaten General Discussion (Moto Related) 26 10-14-2013 09:54 PM
Stolen helmet houstonbilly General Discussion (Moto Related) 3 11-25-2010 07:14 PM
stolen helmet JUANTED General Discussion (Moto Related) 14 09-09-2008 12:27 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-17-2009, 12:36 AM   #42
ormand
Deelish!

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2009 Ninja 650r
Total Mileage: 42,000

Only read Post #1 - What the would someone do with someone else's helmet? That's gross! May as well steal your used underwear too.
Old 02-17-2009, 12:46 AM   #43
Quicksilver

Bike(s):
2008 Suzuki Half-a-busa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParAvion View Post
I hate when obese people get stickers. They REALLY need to walk more.
Disabled Parking Permits
A person's medical condition must meet the legal definition of a disability to qualify. "Disability" means a condition in which a person has:
Visual acuity of 20/200 or less in the better eye with correcting lenses
Visual acuity of more than 20/200 but with a limited field of vision in which the widest diameter of the visual field subtends an angle of 20 degrees or less
Mobility problems that substantially impair a person's ability to move around:

Quote:
State law ß681.001(5) defines a mobility problem as one that substantially impairs a personís ability to ambulate, and the person:
(a) cannot walk 200 feet without stopping to rest
(b) cannot walk without the use of or assistance from an assistance device, including a brace, cane, crutch, another person or a prosthetic device
(c) cannot ambulate without a wheelchair or similar device
(d) is restricted by lung disease to the extent that the person's forced respiratory expiratory volume for one second, measured by spirometry, is less than one liter, or the arterial oxygen tension is less than 60 millimeters of mercury on room air at rest
(e) uses portable oxygen
(f) has a cardiac condition to the extent that the person's functional limitations are classified in severity as Class III or Class IV according to standards set by the American Heart Association
(g) is severely limited in the ability to walk because of an arthritic, neurological, or orthopedic condition; or
(h) has a disorder of the foot that, in the opinion of a physician licensed to practice medicine in this state or in a state adjacent to this state, limits or impairs the person's ability to walk; or has a disorder of the foot that, in the opinion of a person licensed to practice podiatry in this state or in a state adjacent to this state, limits or impairs the personís ability to walk; or
(i) has another debilitating condition that, in the opinion of a physician licensed to practice medicine in this state or a state adjacent to this state, or authorized by applicable law to practice medicine in a hospital or other health facility of the Veterans Administration, limits or impairs the person's ability to walk.
Old 02-17-2009, 01:11 AM   #44
hughes40
Staatsfeind Nr. 1

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2005 Yamaha R6
2003 Sv650
2003 CBR 600rr
2003 Katana -pos
Mongoose Circa 87

Send a message via MSN to hughes40 Send a message via Yahoo to hughes40 Send a message via Skype™ to hughes40
nobody ever want's mine. i scratched my name on the paint.
Old 02-17-2009, 01:21 AM   #45
SecretAgent
The one and only

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
08 Harley FXDB Street Bob

Send a message via AIM to SecretAgent
jesus christ people it's STRIPES, NOT STRIPS. STRIPED, NOT STRIPPED. if you're going to be self-righteous and drill the guy for parking where he did, at least know how to spell the ****ing word.
"There are some things nobody needs in this world, and a bright-red, hunch-back, warp-speed 900cc cafe racer is one of them - but I want one anyway, and on some days I actually believe I need one. That is why they are dangerous. "
-Hunter S. Thompson
SecretAgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 01:21 AM   #46
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid

Feedback Rating: (13)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet
'89 Yamaha FZR400 Trackbike
'83 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk
'07 Step-2 (ok, it's my daughter's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
You mean like on the sidewalk or on the street. I just love when people try to act like no one has ever pulled into a gas station or a store and there are no parking spots or pumps open and cars are just going around in circles til someone moves. STHU!!!

That is your choice. Am I supposed to sing praises and give an award. That's your choice to use it or not.
Correct. I will go around in circles until a parking spot clears up. Karma... I'm sure you don't believe in it, so no worries.

I don't think gimp was looking for praises.
FlipSideUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 07:20 AM   #47
The_Gunslinger
Kamakasi

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
'07 zx6r
'02 xr250r

i don't park in handicapped spaces, but i make handicapped people make handicapped faces.

<-- carries helmet in backpack.
Soon I discovered that this rock thing was true, Jerry lee lewis was the devil, Jesus was an architect previous to his career as a prophet; All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world...So there was only one thing that I could do/
ding a ding dang my dang a long ling long
The_Gunslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 07:25 AM   #48
Gsxr_rollin
iRide

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
01 Gsxr 1000

Send a message via AIM to Gsxr_rollin
if i cant see me bike from where im chillin then my gear comes with unless its gonna be in the way then i just lock it up in the back
Gsxr_rollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 09:32 AM   #49
Gimpin2Fold
Wake up already

Quote:
no, i mean a different parking spot, it may be a farther walk, across the street even, but there is a spot.

Quote:
Really??? Do you have to spend your disability check on handicap sticker???
i did get that check for a little while, but once i went back to work and was making more than $600-$700 a month, the goverment decided that that meant i no longer needed that money.
Quote:
Transportation Code ß681.001(5) and according to TXDOT FORM VTR-214 : Parking placards may be issued to persons with a permanent or temporary disability. There is no fee for a placard issued to a person with a permanent disability, and a $5 fee (per placard) if issued to a person with a temporary disability. I cry
fixed the last part for you, and my disability is temporary..... my arm and leg are gonna grow back right?????...............
Quote:
I wish I was getting a check so that I won't have to spend it on something that is free and try to fool the public into believe otherwise.
not sure how long youve been living in this country, but if you havent learned yet, let me be the one to tell you. nothings free

Quote:
so smart....

your right, it is my choice to give that spot to someone that might need it more than me... or they might just be lazy and not want to walk as far and are even to lazy to bring in their gear.
Gimpin2Fold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 09:37 AM   #50
DanteLee
Sexy Dynamite

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
suzuki katana 96(sold)
honda cbr f4i 06 (sold)
ride my neighbors harley cuz he doesnt ride it

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanteLee View Post
gimme some more info i used to work at drinkhouston and have a friend who can look at their outdoor cameras, i need info who what when whered you park exactly, but i need it asap cuz if i remember computer records 24 to 48 hours...

bad news dude the angle of the camera doesnt pan that far right for a looksie at who stole your ..........sorry mang, i tried but its a no go....
wouldve liked to catch the fuggers tho....

Last edited by DanteLee; 02-17-2009 at 09:39 AM.
DanteLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 09:45 AM   #51
Gimpin2Fold
Wake up already

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanteLee View Post
bad news dude the angle of the camera doesnt pan that far right for a looksie at who stole your ..........sorry mang, i tried but its a no go....
wouldve liked to catch the fuggers tho....
karma.........
Gimpin2Fold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 09:47 AM   #52
C.Hern5972
Street Ninja Four Father

Bike(s):
96 ZX7R 37k miles and still strong
2007 HD Softail
2002 Springer Classic
2007 GSXR600

Member Garage

is a

Chris H
"I dont follow rules to well"
C.Hern5972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 10:13 AM   #53
Quicksilver

Bike(s):
2008 Suzuki Half-a-busa

Quote:
no, i mean a different parking spot, it may be a farther walk, across the street even, but there is a spot.
I bet your eyes are brown..huh?? So you are advocating that riders should park their bikes across the street. Really. I want to see who would admit to doing that when going to the corner store for a quick purchase. Please!!! BS!!!

Quote:
i did get that check for a little while, but once i went back to work and was making more than $600-$700 a month, the goverment decided that that meant i no longer needed that money..
Why the 180deg turn?? You never answered the question. How much did you pay for your handicap placard??????????????????????? Huh?????

Quote:
not sure how long youve been living in this country, but if you havent learned yet, let me be the one to tell you. nothings free.
I know that and you are right. Other taxpayers like me have to foot that bill for that nice sign and custom blue paint. I don't remember the last time I have recieved a refund. Oh yeah, the first year that I ever worked, it was a big $240 and I've been paying ever since. Man, the fleecing of America.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:17 AM   #54
wOrDo

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2009 Ninja 250r

Sorry to hear about your helmet. I was at that show to and I saw your bike around 6-6:30pm and the helmet was still on it. On the plus side Pablo Francisco was funny as .

wOrDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 10:17 AM   #55
C.Hern5972
Street Ninja Four Father

Bike(s):
2007 HD Softail
2002 Springer Classic
2007 GSXR600

Member Garage

Are you serious. You dont mind parking in hadicap areas?
Thats the way it sounds. Now i know some people might not nned them but others yes. For you to say some of the things your saying is BS

Chris H
Old 02-17-2009, 10:24 AM   #56
The_Gunslinger
Kamakasi

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
'07 zx6r
'02 xr250r

i like to roll around in the electric scooters in walmart.
Soon I discovered that this rock thing was true, Jerry lee lewis was the devil, Jesus was an architect previous to his career as a prophet; All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world...So there was only one thing that I could do/
ding a ding dang my dang a long ling long
The_Gunslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 10:25 AM   #57
C.Hern5972
Street Ninja Four Father

Bike(s):
2007 HD Softail
2002 Springer Classic
2007 GSXR600

Member Garage

^^^ your wrong for that man

LOL

Chris H
Old 02-17-2009, 10:29 AM   #58
houstonch73
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to houstonch73
User is banned

houstonch73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 10:32 AM   #59
Quicksilver

Bike(s):
2008 Suzuki Half-a-busa

Since we have some "holier than thou" folks in here, how about those folks that park their bikes on sidewalks or storefronts. Are you going to start calling the cops on them too??? You know regular folks need their space to walk on safely and shouldn't have step off into the street or around your bike. Isn't that hypocritical?
Old 02-17-2009, 10:35 AM   #60
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fasthyundai View Post
Got my helmet stolen last night at the improv was being lazy and strapped it out with the bike. Came back and it was gone. Donít be lazy people it costs some cash :(
hmm... lazy... why didn't you take the helmet in with you?
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement