MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2009, 03:21 PM   #21
blends
NYYYYYYEAAOWWWWWW

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to blends
Quote:
Originally Posted by R6Spartan View Post
That sucks... lowjack homie lol
lojack a lid?
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sweet end to a stolen bike story-stolen in 1967 grsa General Discussion (Moto Related) 1 11-05-2013 11:09 PM
Helmet cam catches motorcycle stolen at gunpoint. Soldaten General Discussion (Moto Related) 26 10-14-2013 09:54 PM
Stolen helmet houstonbilly General Discussion (Moto Related) 3 11-25-2010 07:14 PM
stolen helmet JUANTED General Discussion (Moto Related) 14 09-09-2008 12:27 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-16-2009, 03:25 PM   #22
jfly
RIP Coach Dave

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
cbr 600 F3 LOR exhaust

Member Garage

hahahaha
Actual Riding Experience 10+ years
Quote:
I'll say this, he did a pretty decent job hanging with 3 liter bikes on 45 on his F3!!
jfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 04:16 PM   #23
The_Gunslinger
Kamakasi

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
'07 zx6r
'02 xr250r

always take the helmet in.
Soon I discovered that this rock thing was true, Jerry lee lewis was the devil, Jesus was an architect previous to his career as a prophet; All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world...So there was only one thing that I could do/
ding a ding dang my dang a long ling long
The_Gunslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 04:37 PM   #24
Helios
Back again again...

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

You need to buy this helmet quick! LOL...

http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=80845

Sorry to hear about your lid homie. 50% I just slap my helmet on the seat and go. I will think twice about that from now on...
Helios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 05:02 PM   #25
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid

Feedback Rating: (13)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet
'89 Yamaha FZR400 Trackbike
'83 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk
'07 Step-2 (ok, it's my daughter's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
The guy could have parked his bike on the diagonal markings next to the handi-spot, not the actually spot. You know you do it all the time, stop being righteous.
Anyway, what I don't get is these people that steal other's items of clothing and wear it (possibly)? I wish a bacterial infection lodges somewhere on their body and eats them to death. The itchyour-assoutis strain. Freaking thieves.

PS. Want to keep your stuff safe. Just put a Hepatitus club sticker on your bike and no one will touch it.
That area is striped off for a reason, and yes you can get ticketed for it. That's the access area they need to maneuver around, and get into and out of their vehicles. It's my job to know this. Sure I see many people park there, but I know I don't. I have relatives, and friends who are handicapped, and parking there does constitute an obstacle for them to get around, if they can at all. It's not striped off just for someone's un-rightious selfish convenience.
FlipSideUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 05:06 PM   #26
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

Quote:
Originally Posted by illicit_records View Post
lol .. I even read that he parked on the lines.. do people ever read before they criticize others? Knowing well their being stereotypical? Yeah that parking lot sucks, a lot of thefts and stolen cars happen there. Even when Shaq was in town his Escalade got stolen from there and for that whole parking lot and the garage I've never seen more than 2 security cars.. I think Magic Johnson owns that business park now but ever since he took over it seemed like it lost most of the business. Sorry to hear that though man.. and it's funny cause Most riders wouldn't mess with another riders helmet so it was probably some kids that cut the strap and now have no use for the helmet...

the lines are the same as a handicapped spot. they're actually part of the handicap spot. parking there is the same as saying "**** you" to a handicapped person.

Stereotypical? often times yes, but not in this case.

Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 05:19 PM   #27
Quicksilver

Experience: 9-12 months

Bike(s):
2008 Suzuki Half-a-busa
Harley Davidson Fatboy / Fatbob (April 18, 2009)

I never said that I did it, but no need to jump on the guy like you have never ever seen in your life that someone parked in that striped area and becoming all outraged as though he was in the actual blue area. It similar to someone saying, " you pee'd in the pool??" and becoming all outraged. It not unheard of. No need to be outraged, just tell the guy he should stay off those areas.

As far as saying F U in a handi-spot, I prefer to refer to that area as a handi-spot: Handy when there is no other spots available to park.
Old 02-16-2009, 06:20 PM   #28
Rallo
The Shogun. Sho'nuff!

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2007 Ninja 650R

Quote:
I never said that I did it, but no need to jump on the guy like you have never ever seen in your life that someone parked in that striped area and becoming all outraged as though he was in the actual blue area. It similar to someone saying, " you pee'd in the pool??" and becoming all outraged. It not unheard of. No need to be outraged, just tell the guy he should stay off those areas.

As far as saying F U in a handi-spot, I prefer to refer to that area as a handi-spot: Handy when there is no other spots available to park.
If I ride up there I usually go to the designated motorcylcle parking in the lot between Red Robin and the movie theatre. Sometimes I'll carry the helmet if I don't lock it up there. Sucks that people can't respect others property.
Old 02-16-2009, 08:40 PM   #29
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid

Feedback Rating: (13)

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet
'89 Yamaha FZR400 Trackbike
'83 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk
'07 Step-2 (ok, it's my daughter's)

Quote:

I'm sure it off a HC person every time he/she sees someone NOT disabled parking in your so-called "handi-spot". As far as telling the guy he should stay off that area, it's not as if he's that stupid not to know he shouldn't park there.
FlipSideUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 09:49 PM   #30
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

^ yeah, one of my pet peeves is people who wrongfully take advantage of handicap parking. there's just no excuse.

Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 11:15 PM   #31
Gimpin2Fold
Wake up already

Quote:
It similar to someone saying, " you pee'd in the pool??" and becoming all outraged.
............. no, its not.

those strips are there for people who need that type of space to get out of their vehicle. it may not be a motorized ramp, it may be someone like me that has a fake leg above the knee that when im able to, opening the door all the way makes it much easier for me to get in and out of vehicles.

Quote:
there is ALWAYS a different spot to park in, it may be a much farther walk, so get off your lazy and walk, if your that lazy, it would probably do you some good anyways. Funny enough, those "handi-spots" as you like to call them, we have to actually pay to use them.

btw: i am a double amputee, left leg above the knee and left arm above the elbow, and majority of the time, i dont even park in those spots. there is always someone worse off than me that needs that space more than i do, and im pretty such they need it 100% more than you.

either way, its against the law for you to park there, when i see that , i call it in.
Gimpin2Fold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 11:16 PM   #32
houstonch73
Banned

Feedback Rating: (1)

Send a message via Yahoo to houstonch73
User is banned

houstonch73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 11:24 PM   #33
ParAvion
Mr. Misanthrope

Hate to Hi-Jack this thread but has anyone noticed that the healthy walking people you see coming out of Handicapped spots are disproportionately black? Wonder if it has anything to do with that black judge that got caught that was writing all her friends and their friends free passes a couple of years ago.
ParAvion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 11:25 PM   #34
Urban Ninja
Phuc Dat

Bike(s):
Yamaha FZR600

Sucks man. I always carry my stuff with me.

Last edited by Urban Ninja; 02-16-2009 at 11:27 PM.
Urban Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 11:26 PM   #35
Urban Ninja
Phuc Dat

Bike(s):
Yamaha FZR600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metzzen1 View Post
yea DO NOT park in that striped area. I parked in that area everyday for a year at my local YMCA. Got a notice in the mail one day saying that citizen patrol had spotted me "blocking access to a handicap spot" even thou the people in YMCA told me it was cool to park there. Well I got slapped with a $300 ticket. yea thats right, a $300 parking ticket...... Went to court and to my dismay the judge was a old fat HANDICAPPED guy.....needless to say i paid the fee and will not park there again.

Also about the helmet, I got a $20 4' cable lock from home depot and use that to go through my back tire, around the tail and through my helmet that sits on my seat. Been 4 years not of doing this any no helmet loss yet. I leave it like this EVERYDAY, rain or shine without any problems.

You went to the YMCA in Pearland? Because yea, I see those Citizen Patrol peeps every now and then. They ride in a car that looks like a cop car and are usually old people that go around checking for Handicap Parking Violations. I laugh to myself every time I see them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParAvion View Post
Hate to Hi-Jack this thread but has anyone noticed that the healthy walking people you see coming out of Handicapped spots are disproportionately black? Wonder if it has anything to do with that black judge that got caught that was writing all her friends and their friends free passes a couple of years ago.
I have noticed that. Or the black ladies that always use the handicap scooters at Walmarts.
Urban Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 11:28 PM   #36
houstonch73
Banned

Feedback Rating: (1)

Send a message via Yahoo to houstonch73
User is banned

houstonch73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 11:39 PM   #37
ParAvion
Mr. Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonch73 View Post
thank goodness someone else said it so I don't get yelled at for "being racist". I dislike all people equally. that's not racist!
Maybe its just a sense of entitlement amongst a few? Who knows either way its just what i've noticed. Nothing racist in pointing out the obvious. You would be racist if you acted like you didn't notice!
Old 02-16-2009, 11:42 PM   #38
Gimpin2Fold
Wake up already

Quote:
it could be the case, but look closer, if they have a red tag hanging, it means they are mentally disabled.

i have a friend that walked around a parking lot 3 hours looking for his car. he looks fine, walks fine, talks fine, but he has a bit of a memory problem from a wreck that happen several years ago.
Old 02-16-2009, 11:57 PM   #39
ParAvion
Mr. Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimpin2Fold View Post
it could be the case, but look closer, if they have a red tag hanging, it means they are mentally disabled.

i have a friend that walked around a parking lot 3 hours looking for his car. he looks fine, walks fine, talks fine, but he has a bit of a memory problem from a wreck that happen several years ago.
LOL i'm pretty sure anyone can get a tag like that but I don't think Mentally disabled is a reason to park closer to the store. Let those Mo**F**ers walk it off! Closer in means they can walk in shoot up a store and walk right back to their car and take off. Plus I don't think it would be right to advertise to the public this dudes crazy on a handicap sticker it probably means something else.

I hate when obese people get stickers. They REALLY need to walk more.
Old 02-17-2009, 12:17 AM   #40
Gimpin2Fold
Wake up already

Quote:
LOL i'm pretty sure anyone can get a tag like that but I don't think Mentally disabled is a reason to park closer to the store. Let those Mo**F**ers walk it off! Closer in means they can walk in shoot up a store and walk right back to their car and take off. Plus I don't think it would be right to advertise to the public this dudes crazy on a handicap sticker it probably means something else.

I hate when obese people get stickers. They REALLY need to walk more.

it doesnt say hes crazy, he has a slight memory problem. its not like i just saw the guy walking around, i have known him half my life..... i know why he has it.

Last edited by Gimpin2Fold; 02-17-2009 at 12:19 AM.

Advertisement