MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2009, 01:19 PM   #1
Drumboy

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
1993 BMW R100GSPD
02 CR250R

One more Month 'til Departure...

One month from today (on another Friday the 13th), me and a friend are going to be setting out on a bike trip to Mazatlan on our KLR650's. We did a similar trip last year but went through Big Bend & Copper Canyon (awesome) on the way to Mazatlan, rode the boat to Baja and went through LA on the way to Vegas. This time we're just pretty much going straight there and back with hopefully some off road riding around Monterrey on the way back. The road from Durango to Mazatlan is called Devil's Spine and there's supposed to be 3,000 curves in a 100 mile stretch and it gets really high at the top of the mountain pass. I didn't count the curves last year but I know I got dizzy and a little disoriented at some points on the way down.

Here's our route.

MexiTrip113

^^I think that's where I want my ashes spread!^^

I'd like to do this again but we don't have the time for Copper Canyon. (Imagine these pictures together in a panoramic shot)

MexiTrip084
MexiTrip085
Drumboy is online now   Reply With Quote