Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2009, 01:29 AM   #1

Member Garage

Schumacher Crash during SuperBike test...,189...914836,00.html

Schumi 'fine' after bike crash
Thursday 12th February 2009

Seven-time F1 World Champ Michael Schumacher says he is "fine" after being involved in a motorbike accident in Spain.

Schumacher was taking part in a superbike testing session at a race track in Cartagena and fell off when he hit bumps while breaking into a corner.

According to some reports he was travelling at around 220kph.

The 40-year-old was taken to the Virgen Arrixaca Hospital in Murcia, reportedly suffering from mild concussion and rib injuries.

But the Ferrari legend insists he was taken to hospital as a precaution and flew home on Wednesday evening.

Schumacher told his official website: "I had an accident at the biking tests in Cartagena, and to be safe I went to a hospital.

"I was driving down start-finish and when braking into the first corner I hit some bumps which made me fall.

"The checks in the hospital showed nothing and I am fine, therefore I went back home at the evening."
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WSB: Positive first test for BMW Superbike Grinchy Taking it to the Track 1 07-17-2008 05:31 AM
Slow motion crash motorcycle crash test Txlonestar General Discussion (Moto Related) 1 12-22-2005 08:01 PM
Old 02-13-2009, 02:06 AM   #2
Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Not the first one Schumi has thrown down. Probably won't be the last one either.
ASICS 2000
lorin70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 02:09 AM   #3
Fighter Pilot

1991 Yamaha FZR 1000(almost back) somethin special to come

Member Garage

maybe he should stick to 4 tires, looks like he cant keep 2 under him. i like that look of WTF in his eyes and the front wheel of the ground hahahah glad he made it again
KaMaKaZeE_FZR! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 02:21 AM   #4

Member Garage

Originally Posted by KaMaKaZeE_FZR! View Post
maybe he should stick to 4 tires, looks like he cant keep 2 under him. i like that look of WTF in his eyes and the front wheel of the ground hahahah glad he made it again
Actually, for a guy that never raced motorcycles, he's doing a helluva job competing.

"First he got into an amateur race in Hungary with a couple of pro racing friends. He qualified on the pole but decided to start at the back with his buddies. When the race was over, his friends took 1st and 2nd and Michael was 3rd.

[Then he] gets into a KTM series race at Misano, on a 990cc Super Duke and finished 4th against racers who take the sport seriously."

And then when he tested on the Ducati...

"Seven-times Formula One world champion Schumacher has clocked an incredible best lap of 1.37.89 in a special guest ride on Stonerís GP7.

That time is just a fraction over five seconds outside of Dani Pedrosaís new lap record, which the Spaniard set in winning the Valencia GP yesterday. Repsol Honda rider Pedrosaís new lap record in the 30-lap race was a 1.32.748.

Schumacher is no stranger to Ducatiís MotoGP bike as rode a 990cc Desmosedici at the Mugello circuit in Italy back in 2005.

Today he completed 58-laps and admitted he was surprised to have set such an impressive pace, and he wasnít even using super powerful carbon brakes, preferring instead to run steel brakes normally used in MotoGP in the rain."

Of course he crashed out of the German Superbike Championship in one race and finished 28 of 40 in the other.

Still not bad racing against 20 year old pros as an old man from the open wheel racing world.
Old 02-13-2009, 10:02 AM   #5
Bevo's royal guard.
Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 7

09 Buell 1125CR

give him credit, he's stinky rich, yet it looks like he got bored with 4 wheels and he's doing an excellent job on two. a cpoouple of years ago he said he respected bike racers, so it looks like he wants to be one too.
Originally Posted by Godsuki
I am going to kiss your my friend!!!!

Originally Posted by NY Weird Lady
Mucus Membrane!
hotcknstrips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 10:12 AM   #6
Twist the Grip, Let'r Rip
Feedback Rating: (6)

450x sumo (sold)
RC51 (sold)
Honda Grom 125(sold)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Scorpio
You know the old adage, if you aint crashin', you aint going fast enough.

I think old Shu would be fast on anything you put him in/on.
Some people are just wired that way.

Last edited by Scorpio; 02-13-2009 at 10:15 AM.
Scorpio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 12:54 PM   #7

I just think it's funny that he wants to race bikes and Rossi wants to race F1...
Got-Busa? is offline   Reply With Quote