MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

View Poll Results: With my own eyes, I have seen a motorcyclist pass.
YES 67 31.16%
NO 148 68.84%
Voters: 215. You may not vote on this poll

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2009, 04:20 PM   #121
bunxx
Saw 'em Off!

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
duc 800SS
polaris ranger
yamaha rhino

Quote:
Originally Posted by gueroaero View Post
what kinda morbid question is that? Kind of reminds me of when people used to ask me "ever kill anyone ?". It's not something people usually WANT to remember.
+1
bunxx is online now   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rider Near Death Bevo General Discussion (Moto Related) 38 03-20-2012 01:55 PM
Kingwood, honestly? murderedout07 Off Topic 83 04-06-2011 12:50 PM
strange rider death Prodigy General Discussion (Moto Related) 18 12-06-2007 03:48 PM
Rider hand signals nels General Discussion (Moto Related) 11 12-16-2005 04:38 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-13-2009, 04:29 PM   #122
cdill35

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunxx View Post
+1
Thanks for the input. Did you vote?
cdill35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 04:41 PM   #123
Ulric
Dirty Old

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

"Didn't say they didn't have an opportunity to grieve, but flaming him for a MISTAKE is disrespectful to their loss and not a CONSTRUCTIVE means to prevent another incident of it's sort from happening again, foward to years later and people are still loosing their life on the street making bad judgements, so ur level of disrespect for the fallen rider, is a form of intolerance to someone's ability TO make a mistake, and an unnecessary one at that, ur flaming the rider hasn't proven or changed 1 darn thing. "

The use of 'accident' or 'mistake' is a euphemism. Used to hide (or hide from) the grim reality of the situation or incident.

Now prve that posts or commentary did not do any good Candy... you can't.
Plain and simple, you cannot quantify the impact on anyone other than yourself.

Respect is earned, not given blindly.
In our example a 'mistake' led to an 'accident' that resulted in two deaths and an innocent in the hospital.
People seeing, knowing and understanding what went wrong was/is more important than 'feelings', knowing and understanding there were two innocents involved in it... that by his actions/decision, they became more important than he & his were.. and with that, maybe someone else would/will learn and avoid the same incident.
Old 02-13-2009, 04:44 PM   #124
spring r1

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
07 r1
04gsxr600 track
ttr90

i have never seen a rider pass away but imo if someone has passed away it does no good to place blame or do what if's....the person is gone and should be shown respect....
spring r1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 04:51 PM   #125
Sifu-TZ
#1 Satans' Buttnuggets

Bike(s):
Husky 450SMR motard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy View Post
Didn't say they didn't have an opportunity to grieve, but flaming him for a MISTAKE is disrespectful to their loss and not a CONSTRUCTIVE means to prevent another incident of it's sort from happening again, foward to years later and people are still loosing their life on the street making bad judgements, so ur level of disrespect for the fallen rider, is a form of intolerance to someone's ability TO make a mistake, and an unnecessary one at that, ur flaming the rider hasn't proven or changed 1 darn thing.

We've had this discussion before and i won't start it again. Many things coulda went right for Eric that wednesday night. The 4x4 could have fallen off the overpass when it fell off the truck getting it out of the lane, he coulda decided not to ride, or they coulda took another route, or he coulda seen it early enough to make a better adjustment..... It was at THAT POINT IN TIME that he saw the end. Many things coulda been different, but it was at that point in time, that the man upstairs said otherwise!

I can reflect on a few times where I shoulda been dead, but that wasn't my time, one day it will be and no matter what those circumstances are, i would hope my friends will be forgiving enough to respect my loss over my mistakes all day long! i hope someone has it in their heart to show u the same respect & mercy one day.

I have a lot of compassion for folks
since you believe your life is fated and nothing you do can change that, why act responsible? why buy lotto tixs? why even wear a helmet? you have no control according to your theory.

Fastline motorcycle school grid marshal.
PM's open temporarily.
Sifu-TZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 04:53 PM   #126
tyme2move

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
'99 Katana 600
'87 yamaha virago 535

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthny2040 View Post
Well ive seen some one die but it wasn't on a motorcycle. It was my step mom who decided that life wasn't worth living any more and shot her self while me and my dad were walking in the house. Cops said if we were any earlier she was planning on taking are lives to.
Holy ! That's awful... I am sorry that you had to witness that!

cdill- I voted.
tyme2move is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 05:01 PM   #127
burnboy
upliftmofopartyplan

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2011 kawi z 1000

i sat at a red light one night as a moto was entering the intersection the dumb girl released the brake and pulled far enough out to clip the bike. the guy hi sided and it knocked his shoes off. broke the helmet bad. we all hovered above telling the young man positive things like help is coming. his eyes closed soon after. the ambulance did'nt leave for probably 15 minuites at least. the next day the family had a cross and teddy bears at the intersection. so i assume. it was heavy on the heart.
burnboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 05:11 PM   #128
ParAvion
Mr. Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifu-TZ View Post
since you believe your life is fated and nothing you do can change that, why act responsible? why buy lotto tixs? why even wear a helmet? you have no control according to your theory.
I get so sick of hearing that when I tell people what they are doing is irressponsible and is increasing their chance of death 100fold. "you can die sitting in your chair" thats the most brushing aside responsibility statement I hear over and over again. When I hear that I usually just walk away because its a lost cause.
ParAvion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 05:14 PM   #129
FastLine
Motorcycle School

Bike(s):
Instructing
Trackdays
A
Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy View Post
Didn't say they didn't have an opportunity to grieve, but flaming him for a MISTAKE is disrespectful to their loss and not a CONSTRUCTIVE means to prevent another incident of it's sort from happening again, foward to years later and people are still loosing their life on the street making bad judgements, so ur level of disrespect for the fallen rider, is a form of intolerance to someone's ability TO make a mistake, and an unnecessary one at that, ur flaming the rider hasn't proven or changed 1 darn thing.
So, Roger didn't wake up with the intention of killing himself or someone else I'm sure, but he intentionally rode above his limit, he intentionally rode like an idiot at high speeds, and unintenionally took another mans life and wrecked many more.

So if I were driving drunk and plowed my car into a family of 4, killing all of them, it was just a mistake? I didn't intentionally do it, after all, I was just driving drunk, Or in Rogers case, just hauling . Either way, regardless if he or I are good people, we still made the desicion to ride like an idiot, or get drunk and drive, and we must pay for our actions. I'm sure a jury wouldn't say it's just an accident or mistake and let me walk.

Talking about it is constructive. I bet those who were there don't ride like that anymore
FastLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 05:43 PM   #130
bunxx
Saw 'em Off!

Bike(s):
duc 800SS
polaris ranger
yamaha rhino

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdill35 View Post
Thanks for the input. Did you vote?
wouldn't have posted if i didn't good sir
bunxx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 05:51 PM   #131
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

...and btw, Why am I so... vehement?

I didn't 'see' the accident I posted to answer the question... I was the driver of the SuV.
Old 02-13-2009, 06:15 PM   #132
Pyrogenic
Annuit Coeptis Celeritas

Bike(s):
2001 FZ1

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBIRD5363 View Post
As an ex-firefighter and first responder I saw a lot. I believe when your number is up it's up bike train car heart attack stroke lighting something will get you I have seen a lot of death. I was very angry with for a very long time for some of what I've seen but now have made my peace. I think has his reasons and a place for everything and one.
I hope you don't mind me asking - maybe a PM - how did you make peace on this? I'm not doubting, I'm interested. I for one don't feel like death is part of a 'plan', but that life and death happens, and has a plan for everyone after all this - luckily... Many people have supreme difficulty, and lose their faith over the death of a loved one. People like you, and doctors, etc. must have the most difficulties.

Pyrogenic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 06:36 PM   #133
psychomedicHFD
CMRA Expert #65

Bike(s):
Yamaha R1 Race bike

seen alot of them....some dead before I got there....some died on the way to the hosp.
psychomedicHFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 06:38 PM   #134
psychomedicHFD
CMRA Expert #65

Bike(s):
Yamaha R1 Race bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrogenic View Post
I hope you don't mind me asking - maybe a PM - how did you make peace on this? I'm not doubting, I'm interested. I for one don't feel like death is part of a 'plan', but that life and death happens, and has a plan for everyone after all this - luckily... Many people have supreme difficulty, and lose their faith over the death of a loved one. People like you, and doctors, etc. must have the most difficulties.
I only get mad at HIM when its a kid.....one day I will ask HIM to His face.
psychomedicHFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 06:54 PM   #135
txferrari
Banned

User is banned

txferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 06:54 PM   #136
hughes40
Staatsfeind Nr. 1

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2005 Yamaha R6
2003 Sv650
2003 CBR 600rr
2003 Katana -pos
Mongoose Circa 87

Send a message via MSN to hughes40 Send a message via Yahoo to hughes40 Send a message via Skype™ to hughes40
hey everyone. just reading the most interesting threads of the day.
some threads are so fking retarded.

but to answer the question.
I have witnessed aftermath's of wrecks, most real bad, bad as in death bad.

in Oct. 2008 i witnessed a rollover in I-10 and Shepard. Stopped to aid. and i dead guy in the middle of the freeway, mess. (scared me for a bit, didn't ride for a while.)

when i 1st. signed on in march, i would read all the fallen rider threads, being a new rider myself, i started avoiding them altogether, found it fking depressing.
and then i thought, "motohouston must be on prayer watch 24/7/365 days"

I have to admit, those threads affect me so much.

the one thread i recently read, was the latest RIP thread.
ppl on the road are careless and incredibly irresponsible.

So I have given up riding in Houston . . . it's not fun anymore.

When i do ride, it will be outta town, away from noob fking cagers.
Old 02-13-2009, 07:00 PM   #137
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

I've seen two, one a friend and one just a dumb who ran into the back of a stopped car at 90 mph and supermanned over 3 more to land on the hood. Not only killed himself, but gave the old man in the car a heart attack.. luckily he survived but the rider was DOA.

My friend back 20 some odd years, suffice to say dumb mistake and riding over his head bought his ticket. I sat with him and said good bye.

I've lost 4 friends so far on bikes. 2 were drunk and riding without helmets, the one I mentioned above, and Tim. Still carrying Tim around with me and not sure if and when I'll get over it.

Not fun watching someone you know die. Not fun loosing them not being there.
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 08:24 PM   #138
Jerran V

Bike(s):
2006 GSXR 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaMaKaZeE_FZR! View Post
i was talkin to a good friend of mine in our apartments parking lot, he went to leave and i went to my apartment. he made it 2 blocks down the road, misjudged a curve and lost it. i heard all the sirens and knew what happened but i couldnt go down there(i knew help was already there). he lived for a few weeks on life support and then we unplugged him. its something we have to accept, i look at it like regardless we all have a date with destiny. when i had my wreck, i still dont know how i made it, something just carried me a little further, past the 2" braided cable strown down the side of the roadway. i flew about 50' down the road made it just a few feet past the cable and landed in soft mud(and the cable stopped my bike from pummeling me. we just have to make sure and appreciate everything we have, the smallest things are the most important
I've seen quite a few people who have been in motorcycle wrecks die in front of me...And I think the guy you are talking about was one of my patients. Was he in Hermann hospital? The guy I'm thinking of is someone I'll never forget...really identified with him. Very Sad.
Jerran V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 07:23 PM   #139
Solo
Killer Bee Racing

Bike(s):
06 gsxr 600 (track)
00 sv 650 (street)

I saw one but it wasnt a bike it was one of those really fast 4wheeliers suzuki 750 I think we were and a mechanic's house doing a valve job he took down the street then came back we made an ajustment then he went down the street again but this time I think he was trying to show off a bit he came down to fast cuz there was a small curve the tires couldnt hold traction. it slid to a curb pitch him off and he him a lightpost. he didnt on the spot but I know he never made it to the lifeflight chopper. It took too long to take off and I saw the police doing an investigation. I knew then he didnt make it. What sucks even more is his 8yr old son saw it all happen.
Solo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 07:31 PM   #140
G1xx3rGuy08
1dizzie

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
gixxer 1000
600rr stunna!!!

I just witness on on Wednesday night. R.I.P to the rider who past away on feb.11 09 we had just left starbucks when it happened. off of 45s and parkplace. I was kind of sad and in a way it gave me a reality check to me and the rest of the riders.
G1xx3rGuy08 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement