Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

View Poll Results: With my own eyes, I have seen a motorcyclist pass.
YES 67 31.16%
NO 148 68.84%
Voters: 215. You may not vote on this poll

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2009, 12:25 AM   #21
maxgs

Member Garage

Pretty morbid, CDill.
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rider Near Death Bevo General Discussion (Moto Related) 38 03-20-2012 01:55 PM
Kingwood, honestly? murderedout07 Off Topic 83 04-06-2011 12:50 PM
strange rider death Prodigy General Discussion (Moto Related) 18 12-06-2007 03:48 PM
Rider hand signals nels General Discussion (Moto Related) 11 12-16-2005 04:38 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-13-2009, 12:30 AM   #22
cdill35

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxgs View Post
Pretty morbid, CDill.
Well, I guess I am taking the long route at proving a point. And my point would be that IF people had actually withnessed this stuff and realized that these are real people. With real families and real friends then all the disrespectful that people post in RIP thread, would nearly cease.

But the problem is that a large majority, as the poll indicates thus far, have NOT witnessed it and think it can't happen to them. Yea, they may SAY, or TYPE that they know the risks involved, but do they really?

Did you vote?
cdill35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 12:32 AM   #23
ParAvion
Mr. Misanthrope

Feedback Rating: (0)

I've seen a guy jump out of a 18th floor dorm room window and go down till he went splat. Thats the only death i've seen in person. Pretty crappy image still with me and was leaving me sleepless for a few months after.
ParAvion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 12:32 AM   #24
Candy
The Most Intolerable bish

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
'06 GSXR 1000
'02 GSXR 750

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Candy
What I learned from Eric is.... NO ONE IS IMMUNE to their time and place, it can happen to ANYONE OF US at ANYTIME!!

Whether it was at their hands or not, there still gone and that should be respected 1st and foremost. U wanna have a CONSTRUCTIVE and TASTEFUL discussion AFTER you pay your respects and in another thread, about how those of us in the community can learn from the tragedy, great, but it kills me when these fools start FLAMING the deceased for ANYTHING that they could have done wrong as opposed to just simply being respectful of the fallen, as if they themselves are infallible.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:37 AM   #25
Squoddybody
This is me.

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdill35 View Post
Well, I guess I am taking the long route at proving a point. And my point would be that IF people had actually withnessed this stuff and realized that these are real people. With real families and real friends then all the disrespectful that people post in RIP thread, would nearly cease.

But the problem is that a large majority, as the poll indicates thus far, have NOT witnessed it and think it can't happen to them. Yea, they may SAY, or TYPE that they know the risks involved, but do they really?

Did you vote?
I have witness death firsthand before, just not because of a mc accident. I know full well the risks we take and I know we're not immortal. I agree with your reasoning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy View Post
What I learned from Eric is.... NO ONE IS IMMUNE to their time and place, it can happen to ANYONE OF US at ANYTIME!!

Whether it was at their hands or not, there still gone and that should be respected 1st and foremost. U wanna have a CONSTRUCTIVE and TASTEFUL discussion AFTER you pay your respects and in another thread, about how those of us in the community can learn from the tragedy, great, but it kills me when these fools start FLAMING the deceased for ANYTHING that they could have done wrong as opposed to just simply being respectful of the fallen, as if they themselves are infallible.
+ another one!

My bff committed suicide when we were 15. At her mom's house just after her death our other bff started telling all her secrets and I will never forget the lesson I learned from that death and funeral.

follow me on IG - squoddybody
Squoddybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 12:40 AM   #26
cdill35

Bike(s):
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

Furthermore...

Dr. Phil says that journaling, about grief, can aid in the grieving process.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:42 AM   #27
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

I have seen car wreck deaths,self inflicted GS to the head,hanging, and an unknown cause.
bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 12:43 AM   #28
tonyt915
"Fuckchix"

Feedback Rating: (19)

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
08 Duc Duc Goose Superbike"sold"
08 CBR 6RR " sold"
84 Yamaha Big Wheel 200
76 HD FXE "sold
09 WR450F "sold"

Member Garage

I need to change my vote, I have witnessed a death when I was young, don't know how I could have forgot, I saw a girl about 15 or so on her mountain bike pull out into traffic, and a truck with those extended tow mirrors went by at about 50 or 60 and the mirror hit the girl in the head and she went under the truck. It was the most horrible thing I ever saw and I was maybe 8yo but I remember it like yesterday
Old 02-13-2009, 12:44 AM   #29
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

But your point is right on. There are some people here who are incredibly petty and ignorant. I just figure those people to be ignorant little bit**es who will get theirs one day.
bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 12:48 AM   #30
maxgs

Member Garage

Quote:

Did you vote?
I voted and, thankfully, I've not witnessed a motorcycle death; particularly that of a friend. I think you are spot on about the callousness of some of the threads that follow such a tragedy, much like racer-x's today. Not even 24 hours, and we need to debate whether it's the group's fault the Roderick went down? That was in very poor taste. I'm always shocked at how quickly forum life seems to return to normal after the death of a fellow member on MH. Perhaps that's just the way things are; however, it saddens me.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:48 AM   #31
Candy
The Most Intolerable bish

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
'06 GSXR 1000
'02 GSXR 750

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Candy
Quote:
Originally Posted by squoddybody View Post
+ another one!
See people on here only THINK I'm stupid and full of BS but I'm actually a pretty deep thinker with A OF A LOT OF SENSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by squoddybody View Post
My bff committed suicide when we were 15. At her mom's house just after her death our other bff started telling all her secrets and I will never forget the lesson I learned from that death and funeral.

I had a close cousin commit suicide, saw him on the scene 2.... that experience DEFINATELY taught me a lot about compassion for thy neighbor, more importantly BEFORE THEY DIE, but ESPECIALLY AFTER...

GREAT hypothesis cdill, I think ur theory is gonna prove true 2!!!

Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy......... Bless everyone

Last edited by Candy; 02-13-2009 at 12:51 AM.
Candy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 12:53 AM   #32
LuisG4

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-9R

Send a message via AIM to LuisG4
Never seen someone die, and I hope I never do
LuisG4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 01:21 AM   #33
PYROBUG51
GMFS Racing

Feedback Rating: (6)

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 750 Track
06 R6 Track

04 ZX6RR NINJA (STOLEN)

Quote:
Furthermore...

Dr. Phil says that journaling, about grief, can aid in the grieving process.
IMO Dr. Phil IS FOS.......He is just teliing u what some professor told him...I doubt tha MF HAS SEEN some1 head cut off by a train...overdoses...hangings...old people die that dont want to be pounded on...shootings...stabbings.....i could write every1 have seen die before my eyes and it wouldnt help me ....ask our servicemen to write about friends they lost in the war and i think ull find out hes full of ....just my opinion....sorry..back to the thread....but i know what u mean with this post....and think people who like to play monday morning quarterback....r fkn stupid......no respect....we lost a friend....maybe not urs but ours so stfu......
PYROBUG51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 01:33 AM   #34
cdill35

Bike(s):
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROBUG51 View Post
IMO Dr. Phil IS FOS.......He is just teliing u what some professor told him...I doubt tha MF HAS SEEN some1 head cut off by a train...overdoses...hangings...old people die that dont want to be pounded on...shootings...stabbings.....i could write every1 have seen die before my eyes and it wouldnt help me ....ask our servicemen to write about friends they lost in the war and i think ull find out hes full of ....just my opinion....sorry..back to the thread....but i know what u mean with this post....and think people who like to play monday morning quarterback....r fkn stupid......no respect....we lost a friend....maybe not urs but ours so stfu......
The Dr. Phil reference, was a joke.
Old 02-13-2009, 01:43 AM   #35
Ulric
Dirty Old

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
Been reading peoples posts over the last 9 months or so, regarding fallen riders. Some comments, IMO, have been in poor taste....some not.

So I pose the question, how many MHers have ACTUALLY witnessed a death, right before thier own eyes? I'm not talking about knowing someone, I am talking about seeing thier life expire, from a motorcycle accident, right before your own eyes?

It's a yes or no. You either have...or you haven't.

1991, 17yr old kid... was doing an approx 120+ in a 35mph zone around midnight. Locked up the brakes, laid it over... bike impacted the suv at approx 80 mph. Cracked the rear case, bounced the rear of the suv 2-3' off the ground.
Kid flew past the suv, hit/knocked down at least 1 maybe two motorcycles and came to a rest approx 75-100 past the front of the SuV.

There were 4 people in that SuV, one of them a pregnant woman. Had it been a car, rather than an SUV... and/or had the bike not gone done prior to impact, the damage could have been a lot worse.

Quote:
No person, for any reason at all, should be made to feel responsible for the death of a fellow rider at any time, no matter what. We are adults and we choose to ride, knowing full well the risks we take everytime we get on the bike.

I'm sorry... I can't blindly agree to this. Was before your time here, but we had a member that went wide in a turn...and ran into another MC, with a pillion. It killed him and the other rider, and landed the pillion in the hospital.
I'm pretty sure, none of them figured that as one of the risks.
Old 02-13-2009, 01:51 AM   #36
JBIRD5363

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
01 50
85 Honda atc 250 sx
95 dr 650

As an ex-firefighter and first responder I saw a lot. I believe when your number is up it's up bike train car heart attack stroke lighting something will get you I have seen a lot of death. I was very angry with for a very long time for some of what I've seen but now have made my peace. I think has his reasons and a place for everything and one. I was in Houston one weekend from school I picked up a buddy of mine at his place and when we left I took a little side road off of gears that I never take and still not sure why I took it then I saw the bike in front of us light it up and take off and I saw him enter the turn but didn't see him go down when I rounded the corner there was still bright green plastic falling from the sky the bike was in the ditch and the guy was half on the curb no gear not even pants I jumped out of my truck with my dismal med pack and we did the best we could till the bird got there but they called it after life flight landed I will never forget the look in his eyes as he slipped out. I never found out his name but I will never forget him rip
JBIRD5363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 07:39 AM   #37
dnix600

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 600

yes rip matt
dnix600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 07:43 AM   #38
The_Gunslinger
Kamakasi

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
'07 zx6r
'02 xr250r

no...

closest was a few years ago I saw some dude life-flighted out of rio bravo when his fott got caught by the rear tire.

killing yourself on a motorcycle is ok. thanks for making more room for the rest of us...

being killed by someone else is murder & should be tried as such.
Soon I discovered that this rock thing was true, Jerry lee lewis was the devil, Jesus was an architect previous to his career as a prophet; All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world...So there was only one thing that I could do/
ding a ding dang my dang a long ling long
The_Gunslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 08:10 AM   #39
CLETUS
Jungle Racing

Quote:
that they know the risks involved, but do they really?
http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=77001

http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=79599

I'm not hating, I'm just stating...
lol...
Old 02-13-2009, 08:19 AM   #40
cdill35

Bike(s):
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLETUS View Post
In no way, did I EVER imply that I rode responsibly, all the time. So, please do not attempt to make me out to be a hypocrite. Those same roads that those videos were taken, I witnessed a death. You can FULL WELL bet, that I know EXACTLY what my risks are.

Now that you are in the searching mood, how about looking for a disrespectful post made by me, regarding a fallen rider.

Then, you can try to clown me. Until then, have you voted?

Advertisement