MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

View Poll Results: With my own eyes, I have seen a motorcyclist pass.
YES 67 31.16%
NO 148 68.84%
Voters: 215. You may not vote on this poll

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2009, 11:30 PM   #1
cdill35

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

So HONESTLY...How many have witnessed, first hand, the death of a rider?

Been reading peoples posts over the last 9 months or so, regarding fallen riders. Some comments, IMO, have been in poor taste....some not.

So I pose the question, how many MHers have ACTUALLY witnessed a death, right before thier own eyes? I'm not talking about knowing someone, I am talking about seeing thier life expire, from a motorcycle accident, right before your own eyes?

It's a yes or no. You either have...or you haven't.
cdill35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rider Near Death Bevo General Discussion (Moto Related) 38 03-20-2012 01:55 PM
Kingwood, honestly? murderedout07 Off Topic 83 04-06-2011 12:50 PM
strange rider death Prodigy General Discussion (Moto Related) 18 12-06-2007 03:48 PM
Rider hand signals nels General Discussion (Moto Related) 11 12-16-2005 04:38 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-12-2009, 11:31 PM   #2
bentgixxer

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
I has no bike :(
'14 Polaris 550 touring

Send a message via Yahoo to bentgixxer
the actual incident, no

on the street directly after the incident, more times than i wish to remember.
We'll call it Corpsefish and Horsenuts.
bentgixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 11:31 PM   #3
tonyt915
"Fuckchix"

Feedback Rating: (19)

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
08 Duc Duc Goose Superbike"sold"
08 CBR 6RR " sold"
84 Yamaha Big Wheel 200
76 HD FXE "sold
09 WR450F "sold"

Member Garage

No... Hope i never have to deal with that pain
Old 02-12-2009, 11:32 PM   #4
coachdave

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2005 ZZR-1200
2001 Suzuki Marauder

hope i don't either

coachdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 11:34 PM   #5
S.D.W.
...Ready

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2011 ZX10 Racebike
2010 Crf450r
2009 zx6 race bike
2009 ttr110

No,

Even if I disliked a fellow rider for whatever reason. I would never wish death upon any of them
Saying negative things about a fallen person, especially a fellow rider is very bad in taste. You have to have some decency about these types of things. If you have negative comments, try and keep em to yourself guys. You can really hurt the ones he left behind and then some.
I honestly try to stay out of the r.i.p. threads because it really bothers me. Its so sad to see people go this way. Have some class about yourselves when posting about the deceased.
Old 02-12-2009, 11:34 PM   #6
ThomasNinja650
SSG Coleman

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650-R

No and I hope to never witness that myself.
Old 02-12-2009, 11:47 PM   #7
Scatter

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 4-8 months

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyt915 View Post
No... Hope i never have to deal with that pain
me too
Scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 11:50 PM   #8
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

Wrecks but luckily no deaths. I have seen car wreck deaths and thats enough.
bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 11:54 PM   #9
Squoddybody
This is me.

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650

My kids and I happened upon a mc death on Mother's Day one year. I'll NEVER forget the man lying under the white sheet- his arm showing, bent awkwardly...

I did not witness his wreck or death, and I hope I never have the opportunity. Turned out the driver of the truck who took his life was drunk, and fled the scene on foot.

follow me on IG - squoddybody
Squoddybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 11:56 PM   #10
KaMaKaZeE_FZR!
Fighter Pilot

Bike(s):
1991 Yamaha FZR 1000(almost back) somethin special to come

Member Garage

i was talkin to a good friend of mine in our apartments parking lot, he went to leave and i went to my apartment. he made it 2 blocks down the road, misjudged a curve and lost it. i heard all the sirens and knew what happened but i couldnt go down there(i knew help was already there). he lived for a few weeks on life support and then we unplugged him. its something we have to accept, i look at it like regardless we all have a date with destiny. when i had my wreck, i still dont know how i made it, something just carried me a little further, past the 2" braided cable strown down the side of the roadway. i flew about 50' down the road made it just a few feet past the cable and landed in soft mud(and the cable stopped my bike from pummeling me. we just have to make sure and appreciate everything we have, the smallest things are the most important
KaMaKaZeE_FZR! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 11:58 PM   #11
cdill35

Bike(s):
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaMaKaZeE_FZR! View Post
i was talkin to a good friend of mine in our apartments parking lot, he went to leave and i went to my apartment. he made it 2 blocks down the road, misjudged a curve and lost it. i heard all the sirens and knew what happened but i couldnt go down there(i knew help was already there). he lived for a few weeks on life support and then we unplugged him. its something we have to accept, i look at it like regardless we all have a date with destiny. when i had my wreck, i still dont know how i made it, something just carried me a little further, past the 2" braided cable strown down the side of the roadway. i flew about 50' down the road made it just a few feet past the cable and landed in soft mud(and the cable stopped my bike from pummeling me. we just have to make sure and appreciate everything we have, the smallest things are the most important
so did u vote yes or no?
Old 02-13-2009, 12:00 AM   #12
gueroaero
@ shcool

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
Vulcan 1500

what kinda morbid question is that? Kind of reminds me of when people used to ask me "ever kill anyone ?". It's not something people usually WANT to remember.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:02 AM   #13
camaroz2866

Feedback Rating: (4)

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2008 cbr1000rr

i have n its a memory i will always have. wouldnt wish anyone to carry a memory of life to death in such a horrible way
Old 02-13-2009, 12:04 AM   #14
Scatter

Experience: 4-8 months

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scatter View Post
me too
i realized after i replied to that i have witnessed this, only it was a man in a van not a biker.
Scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 12:04 AM   #15
KaMaKaZeE_FZR!
Fighter Pilot

Bike(s):
1991 Yamaha FZR 1000(almost back) somethin special to come

Member Garage

i didnt go down there to the wreck, and i left the hospital before they gave the order. it wasnt with my own eyes but it was very close to home. i got the guy into bikes, he just had a baby boy, and he was there for me the whole time i was recovering. for example it was my birthday and i was stuck at the house. he comes over and says this, we get in the bronco 4x4 and hit Quintana for a day of drinking and fishing. so i guess if i were to vote technically i would vote no.
KaMaKaZeE_FZR! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 12:07 AM   #16
v4lu3s

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2003 CBR 600 F4i -- Sold

Member Garage

saw it happen when i was in high school nearly 2 decades ago. There was a blood stream for several hundred feet downhill of the body. It seemed like the rain could never wash it off, and we passed it every day on teh way to school.
v4lu3s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 12:14 AM   #17
Candy
The Most Intolerable bish

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
'06 GSXR 1000
'02 GSXR 750

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Candy
Was the 1st 2 aid a guy that had whoolied in a parking lot, lost it & hit a curb with no helmet. Blood was coming out of his ears and mouth, and he was gurgling blood, until he took a few more labored breathes, then stopped. Ambulance took him away, but he was flat lined as soon as they got him on the stretcher.

I also had the displeasure of being about 20ft from my good buddy Eric's body still laying out on the freeway after his accident. Watching him there lifeless as the M.E. took pics and went thru his pockets for ID, even though i had just saw him a pp1. After they took him away, I remember that spot on the ground, and i couldn't stop looking at it.... I remember what i felt, saw, and smelled 2 this day like it was just last night, and seeing him like that soured me on riding the streets. RIP ERIC!!

I agree some posts from our fellow members are EXTREMELY IN POOR TASTES, but that never ends on this board, and NEVER WILL. SOMEONE ALWAYS has something negative to say around here, and most are compassionless and even more intolerant of mistakes or misfortunes, they care more about pointing out the sin than paying some respect to the soul, and IN THE RIP THREAD no less at times. It makes me fukin sick!

Old 02-13-2009, 12:16 AM   #18
cdill35

Bike(s):
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gueroaero View Post
what kinda morbid question is that? Kind of reminds me of when people used to ask me "ever kill anyone ?". It's not something people usually WANT to remember.
Really?

I think if you have witnessed it, you should always remember it. Just so ya know, what risks are involved.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:22 AM   #19
Squoddybody
This is me.

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy View Post

I agree some posts from our fellow members are EXTREMELY IN POOR TASTES, but that never ends on this board, and NEVER WILL. SOMEONE ALWAYS has something negative to say around here, and most are compassionless and even more intolerant of mistakes or misfortunes, they care more about pointing out the sin than paying some respect to the soul, and IN THE RIP THREAD no less at times. It makes me fukin sick!

+1

No person, for any reason at all, should be made to feel responsible for the death of a fellow rider at any time, no matter what. We are adults and we choose to ride, knowing full well the risks we take everytime we get on the bike.

follow me on IG - squoddybody
Squoddybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 12:24 AM   #20
cdill35

Bike(s):
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy View Post
Was the 1st 2 aid a guy that had whoolied in a parking lot, lost it & hit a curb with no helmet. Blood was coming out of his ears and mouth, and he was gurgling blood, until he took a few more labored breathes, then stopped. Ambulance took him away, but he was flat lined as soon as they got him on the stretcher.

I also had the displeasure of being about 20ft from my good buddy Eric's body still laying out on the freeway after his accident. Watching him there lifeless as the M.E. took pics and went thru his pockets for ID, even though i had just saw him a pp1. After they took him away, I remember that spot on the ground, and i couldn't stop looking at it.... I remember what i felt, saw, and smelled 2 this day like it was just last night, and seeing him like that soured me on riding the streets. RIP ERIC!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by squoddybody View Post
+1

No person, for any reason at all, should be made to feel responsible for the death of a fellow rider at any time, no matter what. We are adults and we choose to ride, knowing full well the risks we take everytime we get on the bike.
I agree, but lets try to keep this thread open. I really wanna know the percentages.

Advertisement