MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2009, 08:00 PM   #101
switch
two fifty

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 10+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katyyamahaserv View Post
Let me introduce myself, my name is Brandon I am the service manager at Katy Yamaha. I seem to be a hot topic on this particular forum, and also seems I have an un-happy customer. I would like to resolve the latter and hope that the issues in question can be solved. I did indeed only ride the bike across the parking lot twice, and "Yamawhore" I do appologize for the amount of time I put into it. I did bring the RPM's down to 1000 three times and found the "bog" to be normal for an 2009 YZFR6. The revolutions you heard on the bike where from me accelerating hard, but in my defense I did not take it over 4000rpm and tried to replicate the issue you described. I followed up with you that the bike was still very new and believed that everything may not be seated yet, and to please stay in contact with me if it did not increase power over the break-in.
I apologize again I did not take more time with your bike. I hear this complaint of this particular machine quiet often and it normally resolves when the rings and valve seats mate. The other option I had was to check the bike in and wait till I had a cleared lift, at this time three days. I am under the impression most new owners would rather be riding a brand new machine rather then having at it the shop.
Yamawhore, I again apologize for the miscommunication and would like to rectify the situation by cutting a little off your first service. Please come in and see me.
By the way, to all of you that have supported the shop thank you, and we hope we can continue to service the industry with great support from customers like you.
Brandon.
very nice of you, thats the type of service we all like to see and hear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrofallout View Post
...now you might want to do something about the sales guy from your store acting the fool as a representative of your store.
agreed, he could have handled the situation a little more 'professionally'
CMRA #250
"Me? I stand for uncertainty, insecurity, bad taste, fun, and things that go boom in the night."
switch is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Katy Yamaha - Please help me Yillbs General Discussion (Moto Related) 83 12-23-2013 03:13 PM
Katy Yamaha Nights! LLanera Stunters Lounge 146 07-25-2010 02:26 PM
Killing it at Katy Yamaha AJFLo Stunters Lounge 24 12-14-2009 09:22 PM
Katy Yamaha AJFLo General Discussion (Moto Related) 9 04-28-2009 04:05 PM
Visited Katy Yamaha Today Mr.P General Discussion (Moto Related) 16 10-18-2008 09:39 AM
Advertisement
Old 02-17-2009, 08:09 PM   #102
Sl!mP!ckens!

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
05 GSX-R 750

Member Garage

Quote:
Let me introduce myself, my name is Brandon I am the service manager at Katy Yamaha. I seem to be a hot topic on this particular forum, and also seems I have an un-happy customer. I would like to resolve the latter and hope that the issues in question can be solved. I did indeed only ride the bike across the parking lot twice, and "Yamawhore" I do appologize for the amount of time I put into it. I did bring the RPM's down to 1000 three times and found the "bog" to be normal for an 2009 YZFR6. The revolutions you heard on the bike where from me accelerating hard, but in my defense I did not take it over 4000rpm and tried to replicate the issue you described. I followed up with you that the bike was still very new and believed that everything may not be seated yet, and to please stay in contact with me if it did not increase power over the break-in.
I apologize again I did not take more time with your bike. I hear this complaint of this particular machine quiet often and it normally resolves when the rings and valve seats mate. The other option I had was to check the bike in and wait till I had a cleared lift, at this time three days. I am under the impression most new owners would rather be riding a brand new machine rather then having at it the shop.
Yamawhore, I again apologize for the miscommunication and would like to rectify the situation by cutting a little off your first service. Please come in and see me.
By the way, to all of you that have supported the shop thank you, and we hope we can continue to service the industry with great support from customers like you.
Brandon.
Ya that pretty much answers any questions I had. I'll probably be buying a new R1 later this summer and want to my best to pick the right place. That's why I took interest in this thread. Yamawhore again sorry if I was an about it. dudewhrsmybike if you see me at a meet make sure you introduce yourself.
Sl!mP!ckens! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 10:41 PM   #103
dudewhrsmybike

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R ABS

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to dudewhrsmybike
Good post Brandon. Perhaps Ray's post was a bit misleading. Ray may have thought you revved it higher than you really did. But, I don't know, I wasn't there. As far as I'm concerned, I think the revving issue is cleared up now. So, moving on.

If what you say is true, I'm wondering why we weren't told this originally? "I followed up with you that the bike was still very new and believed that everything may not be seated yet, and to please stay in contact with me if it did not increase power over the break-in"

Unless this = "It's normal for 600's"
What you said would make sense to me. No confusion there.

Aside from that, the story still doesn't seem to add up, based on this quote, "I hear this complaint of this particular machine quiet often and it normally resolves when the rings and valve seats mate. The other option I had was to check the bike in and wait till I had a cleared lift, at this time three days."

Did you not tell him this info? If you did, then there should have been no problem in the first place other than the fact that he thought you may have revved it a bit high while attempting to diagnose the problem. . .

Lastly, it still doesn't make any sense to me that his previous 09 model didn't seem to have this bogging problem. . .

Anyways, good on you to post your side of the story, I apologize if I cut you down. As far as the salesman Kris, I'm sorry he speaks on behalf of the dealership you both work at. I wish your dealership good luck as y'all take on the challenges of starting a new business in a such a competitive market and poor economic times

-Gary

Last edited by dudewhrsmybike; 02-17-2009 at 10:44 PM. Reason: Added a few things
dudewhrsmybike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 10:48 PM   #104
philly fresh
im infamous *****es!!

Feedback Rating: (6)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07' R6

Send a message via AIM to philly fresh
Quote:
Originally Posted by philly fresh View Post
well your 09 r6 will be sluggish off the line. my 07 is the same way. if you want to fix the problem change your gearing. these motor are high revvers. patrick will probably tell you the same thing
Quote:
found the "bog" to be normal for an 2009 YZFR6. The revolutions you heard on the bike where from me accelerating hard, but in my defense Brandon.
well like i said before my 07 does the same thing. once it comes up to temp it gets better but when the engine is cold and i take off it bogs til i bring the revs way up. dont think you told us if it happens all the time or just every now and then or if its only on start up and when its cold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudewhrsmybike View Post
Lastly, it still doesn't make any sense to me that his previous 09 model didn't seem to have this bogging problem. . .
well outside temps will affect how a bike runs. may not have been as apparent when it was warm out.

Last edited by philly fresh; 02-17-2009 at 10:51 PM.
philly fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 10:50 PM   #105
ParAvion
Mr. Misanthrope

If someone did not break in their bike properly and I knew this i'd probably not purchase it. I somehow think that the company that manufacturers the bike would know what they are talking about.
ParAvion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 11:05 PM   #106
moduleum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post
From his MH bio:
__________________________________________________ __________

Biography:
I'M KRAZE MF KRIS 47 AND THATS ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW

KATY YAMAHA SALESMAN

Interests:
, SPEED, AND NOT WORKING

__________________________________________________ ________

Yeah, great huh?
omfg

The fact that the manager came in here and saw this post is priceless. I wonder he put these interests on his resume.

Props to the manager stepping forward and detailing the issue, although the OP and the manager's dictation don't necessarily line up. I was thinking from reading the OP that the service representative was on the brink of the red line.
moduleum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 11:22 PM   #107
dudewhrsmybike

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R ABS

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by philly fresh View Post
well like i said before my 07 does the same thing. once it comes up to temp it gets better but when the engine is cold and i take off it bogs til i bring the revs way up. dont think you told us if it happens all the time or just every now and then or if its only on start up and when its cold.
I didn't consider that.
I assume people never ride off on a cold bike. . .
I know I don't.
Old 02-17-2009, 11:28 PM   #108
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Feedback Rating: (31)

Experience: 5 years

Member Garage

Quote:
I didn't consider that.
I assume people never ride off on a cold bike. . .
I know I don't.
You'd be surprised.
Pyrofallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 11:31 PM   #109
dudewhrsmybike

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R ABS

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrofallout View Post
You'd be surprised.
Yea I know, that's what I get for assuming.
But, I am guilty of burning the tire 20yds down
a cold road once my bike is up to temps
Old 02-18-2009, 09:15 AM   #110
Yamawhore

Bike(s):
2014 Z1000
2008 CBR600RR (sold)
2009 R6 (sold)
2009 R6 (wreck)
2007 R6 (sold)

Quote:
Brandon.
I do appreciate you coming on here to reply Brandon.
But I would like to clarify a few things and I'm not here to bash you nor anyone at the dealership.

As I was chatting with the salesperson, I hear you startup the bike and hear you ride by. There is no way you kept it under 4k rpm from the revs I was hearing. Plus I have a witness, didnt get his name, unfortunately. When I looked at him, he knew what I was thinking. He immediately went out there to tell you, "he saw that". As he turned around, I jokingly asked him, "Will that be covered under warranty?"

Second, you never followed up with me on it being new and everything needs to be seated. In your exact words, "It's normal for an R6." What's funny is, the salesperson even suggested that it might be a foul spark plug and/or weak battery. But you kept saying, "It's normal for an R6."

Lastly, I previously owned an 2009 R6 before it was wrecked. I put about 2,300 miles in a month. Never had a hesitation off the line. Same goes for my 2006 R6. Though there is a significant difference between the two but no hesitation. This is a new issue for me on the current one.

I have had my first maintenance service done before I took it to you guys. In my opinion, you guys charge way too much for service maintenance. If I'm not mistaken it's $200 that you said.

All in all, everything happens for a reason. Unfortunately it takes one bad experience for me not to come back.
Yamawhore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 12:45 PM   #111
dudewhrsmybike

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R ABS

Member Garage

Old 02-18-2009, 12:48 PM   #112
lonnief2
Kind of a troll now

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2008 Suzuki GSXR 750
totally totaled

Send a message via AIM to lonnief2 Send a message via Yahoo to lonnief2 Send a message via Skype™ to lonnief2
Quote:
dudewhrsmypopcorn

lonnief2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 01:37 AM   #113
TyroneBiggums
NOOB/ Riding Fiend

Bike(s):
2009 600RR

Bike dealer svc departments blow big !! I have been calling Honda of Houston for a month now and I still havent completed a call with the service department!!!! Coming from a dealer myself I hate to see what happens to these idiots when their wallets finally see recession and their customers have found better service elsewhere..
TyroneBiggums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 04:27 PM   #114
dudewhrsmybike

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R ABS

Member Garage

Round 2

Yamawhore throws the first punch.
Is the service guy gonna defend himself?
Could be a TKO. . . .

Stories NEVER seem to match up in these situations
Old 02-20-2009, 04:43 PM   #115
switch
two fifty

Experience: 4 years

and the winner is...

i'm betting on yamawhore!
CMRA #250
"Me? I stand for uncertainty, insecurity, bad taste, fun, and things that go boom in the night."
switch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 07:07 PM   #116
BadApple
What?

Bike(s):
2006 CRF450X SuperMotard
2002 *ROCKSTAR* xr50

Member Garage

Ray has a valid point...but at the same time...I have nothing but great things to say about Katy Yamaha.
BadApple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 07:16 PM   #117
MudBug
Banned

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
1994 kawi zx7
1991 DR250

Member Garage

User is banned

MudBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 11:36 PM   #118
moduleum

Wow, what a bunch of jokers at that dealership.

I'll keep this in mind for myself and friends when it comes time to perform some maintenance. I figured something was awry when the dealer said they "didn't take it over 4k." I might would have believed him if he said 7k.
moduleum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 01:26 AM   #119
Challen
MSF Lead Instructor

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2000 ZX12R
2008 250R
2012 ZX10R

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadApple View Post
Ray has a valid point...but at the same time...I have nothing but great things to say about Katy Yamaha.

+1. Haven't dealt with the service department, but the sales guys and parts guys seem to do a great job. No complaints here.
Old 02-21-2009, 02:23 AM   #120
S.D.W.
...Ready

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2011 ZX10 Racebike
2010 Crf450r
2009 zx6 race bike
2009 ttr110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamawhore View Post

the service department SUX !
Quote:
Anyhow..
I DO NOT recommend taking your bike there for service.
Quote:
But I would like to clarify a few things and I'm not here to bash you nor anyone at the dealership.

All in all, everything happens for a reason. Unfortunately it takes one bad experience for me not to come back.
Sounds like bashing to me.

Advertisement