MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2009, 12:47 PM   #41
dudewhrsmybike

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R ABS

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to dudewhrsmybike
Well said Shad
dudewhrsmybike is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Katy Yamaha - Please help me Yillbs General Discussion (Moto Related) 83 12-23-2013 03:13 PM
Katy Yamaha Nights! LLanera Stunters Lounge 146 07-25-2010 02:26 PM
Killing it at Katy Yamaha AJFLo Stunters Lounge 24 12-14-2009 09:22 PM
Katy Yamaha AJFLo General Discussion (Moto Related) 9 04-28-2009 04:05 PM
Visited Katy Yamaha Today Mr.P General Discussion (Moto Related) 16 10-18-2008 09:39 AM
Advertisement
Old 02-14-2009, 12:55 PM   #42
Mr.P
Driving Duh-Bus

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by philly fresh View Post
well your 09 r6 will be sluggish off the line. my 07 is the same way. if you want to fix the problem change your gearing. these motor are high revvers. patrick will probably tell you the same thing
Clearly the issue he is having is hesitation, not sluggishness. He knows bikes.
Old 02-14-2009, 01:41 PM   #43
Yamawhore

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2014 Z1000
2008 CBR600RR (sold)
2009 R6 (sold)
2009 R6 (wreck)
2007 R6 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadman View Post
I've been to Katy Yamaha a couple of times. Most of the guys there are pretty knowledgeable. The sales staff is trained to be low pressure and not jump all over customers, rather welcome them in and let them ask the questions. I spoke to the owner about his approach and hope it does well for him.

Parts department is slowly ramping up. Learning curve is in effect. I think in a few months they will be as up to speed as any other dealership. Times are tough right now, and they had many difficulties getting the store open from a permit perspective. So it seems they are gettting the whole thing up piecemeal as demand picks up.

Service is good, I think all the guys I've met are competent mechanics and have years of experience. Your complaints seem to me justified and I'd suggest, like I would anyone who is unhappy with the outcome of a dealership visit, to escalate the feeling to management while still on site.

I think if you go back in and voice your concerns you'll be treated very well and have things taken care of to your liking.

I know there are some things said above that were inflammatory. I know the guys posting above, and they are not stellar at the art of internet, or for that matter, written communication. They are also defensive about hte new shop and want it to shine. In person, they'll bend over backwards to help you out, even if maybe they didn't show it the first time there. I suggest you do go talk to them and see how they can help you out and make things right.

We've all had our share of bad dealership luck. And private shop luck. I waited 45 minutes at Stubbs new 59 store only to be told the key machine was not up and running. I got blanks and had Home Depot cut them. I waited another 30 minutes on another day to get a brake cable. No apologies for making me wait behind idiots who had 3 stroke dirt bikes and wanted to waste 10 minutes picking out a "grafiks skit" and not buy it there.

I took my 3000 mile Busa to a small shop for a tire. He threw in a chain adjustment. Didn't lock it all down and the axle slipped, chain stretched first time I gassed it, had to buy $250 chain and sprockets and the shop owner acted like he was doing me a favor, for my benefit, saying stock chains are and it wasn't his fault, it was the power of the bike. Well the new chain, same brand and size, managed to last till 22000 miles when the bike was sold. It was the attitude that made me never want to return to the shop, not the actions. It's cost him probably 50 lost referrals and $2000 of service business I've taken elsewhere, all because of attitude.

We can all forgive mistakes to some degree, but personal attention and understanding of customer needs is key to a successful business. Apologies and sincere action go a long way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dudewhrsmybike View Post
Well said Shad
I agree. Very well put.

By all means, I am not questioning their knowledge but the way I was treated.
I also have visited Katy Yamaha several times. Management and sales were outstanding. Best customer care compared to all the dealerships around including car dealerships. Just that the service dept left a bad taste in my mouth. I will have a visit with the owners when I get chance.
Yamawhore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 02:12 PM   #44
h20chunker
water chunker

Bike(s):
road star 1600

i had a similar problem with my 599, stuttered coming off the line casually. talked to a few mechanics and sales reps and was told it was mostly due to low revs and multiple carbs. if you rev a little more from a stop u will have more success with the problem and keep the carbs synced. bad service never helps either way
h20chunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 05:47 PM   #45
1340HIGH
1340HIGH

Bike(s):
Harley FXDC
420 Honda Rancher ATV

I read thruogh these responses, maybe I missed it , and perhpas I am stating the obvious

As I recall your new 600 R6 seems to bog of the line.

Ok well if it has allways been this way it may well be just the nature of the beast as others have indicated - Small displacement = little low end torque.
But good high end horse power.

Motorcyclist Mag. Aug 2008 called the YZF-R6 "Gutless anywhere below 8000 rpm" but also stated highest horsepower in its class at 108.5 at 14,250 rpm.

So if this bogging / slugishness is a new issue then something has changed and is no longer the way it should be, and needs a competant mechanic to find and correct.

Good Luck
1340HIGH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 06:14 PM   #46
dudewhrsmybike

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R ABS

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1340HIGH View Post
So if this bogging / slugishness is a new issue then something has changed and is no longer the way it should be, and needs a competant mechanic to find and correct.
I would venture to guess it is a new issue considering this is his 3rd R6. While his 06 may be slightly different than his current 09, he has already owned another 09 that got totaled so I would say that what he is experiencing isn't normal (it never happened on his previous 09 model. . . .)
Old 02-14-2009, 06:37 PM   #47
cobrakiller02

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
To many to list

if you start off a new post bad mouthing a place and they go out of bussiness because of it were do you go then if you have a major warrenty issue or if you need a part that day, keep in mind people the economy if sh$t rite now so take it easy, we really do need places like this to be there when needed. the internet can't turn the wrench for you!!!!!!!!!
cobrakiller02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 06:43 PM   #48
vito_8989
Stranger Danger

He had a small problem with the dealership, he stated it online, many places have had bad comments made about them online but are still in business. Also he wasn't bad mouthing the whole dealership just the one bad experience he had there. He also said that he was returning there so hopefully he has a better experience. I don't know how he was asking the internet to turn the wrench for him either.

Last edited by vito_8989; 02-14-2009 at 06:47 PM.
vito_8989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 06:46 PM   #49
dudewhrsmybike

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R ABS

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobrakiller02 View Post
were do you go then if you have a major warrenty issue or if you need a part that day
To another Yamaha dealership.

One person bad mouthing their business (as you say) is NOT going to put them out of business. If they don't run a good business and no one seems to have anything good to say about them nor have a good experience with them, THAT will put them out of business.

Last edited by dudewhrsmybike; 02-14-2009 at 06:49 PM.
Old 02-14-2009, 08:00 PM   #50
switch
two fifty

Experience: 4 years

+1 to what vito and gary said
CMRA #250
"Me? I stand for uncertainty, insecurity, bad taste, fun, and things that go boom in the night."
switch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 08:46 PM   #51
Helios
Back again again...

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazekris47 View Post
ok they are a new store and if they don't have a key cutter ur just gonna bag on them maybe you have never worked at a bike shop b4, and it a new one at that so give them a break i know those guys up there and they have always treated me and my friend great maybe its the way you come off to people, you kinda sound like a er to me and i have never meet you. and good luck with wild west honda haha
Quote:
trust me they know there shiyt up there i have been to just about every shop in town and i feel safe about them working on all 6 of my bikes
Quote:
why would you want to hear that you need all that stuff if your bike is ok, ohh just use to all the other dealerships that try to screw you out of money, i am glad they are straight forward and don't try to make me by i don't really need, i think they understand by looking at your tires(with no chicken strips) that you know your bike and you don't want to hear a bunch of bs, i am just glad there is a good bike shop in my area
Dude, seriously WTF? You think just cause these guys at the dealer are your friends that they automatically give the BEST service? Ray (Yamawhore) is a pretty stand up guy, if you can show me any other post or thread where he has been a , then I'll shut the fk up. He's had an identical R6 before so my guess is that he knows how it should run. If you can troubleshoot his bike with just this thread, then let's shut all the service dept's down and we'll just send YOU a PM and all bikes will run great since you're supremely knowledgable as to how they should all run.

You come in here, start talking and want people to respect you and your "friends" at the dealer? Give me a fuking break.

Oh yeah, learn some grammar please.
Helios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 06:54 AM   #52
1340HIGH
1340HIGH

Bike(s):
Harley FXDC
420 Honda Rancher ATV

I think your bike has that Yahama Chip Controlled Intake YCCI ?

Maybe the velocity stacks are for some reason stuck in the down position.

Good Luck
Old 02-15-2009, 08:52 AM   #53
Quicksilver

Experience: 9-12 months

Bike(s):
2008 Suzuki Half-a-busa
Harley Davidson Fatboy / Fatbob (April 18, 2009)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobrakiller02 View Post
if you start off a new post bad mouthing a place and they go out of bussiness because of it were do you go then if you have a major warrenty issue or if you need a part that day, keep in mind people the economy if sh rite now so take it easy, we really do need places like this to be there when needed. the internet can't turn the wrench for you!!!!!!!!!
It would be good riddance. In times like these, it is survival of the fittest. If you cannot make adjustments and meet the needs of the customer, then you will suffer for it. Those companies that want to be a hard- and not recognize that customer satisfaction is the key to staying in business right now are the ones that need to worry.
Old 02-15-2009, 11:13 PM   #54
moduleum

Yamawhore-

A new bike, no matter what kind, shouldn't be "sluggish" or "bogging" in any way off the line. I have a 1976 Honda CB750 and when properly tuned is anything but sluggish, and that's dealing with four 30-yr old carburetors. You need to find some competent mechanics to diagnose the problem because you obviously haven't found any at this dealership.

I would be friggin' LIVID if some punk at the dealership did that to my bike, ESPECIALLY if you purchased the bike from them. I would have promptly escalated the issue to management and attempted to get the guy removed from staff.
moduleum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 11:29 PM   #55
krazekris47

Bike(s):
2012 R1 Blue
crf150f
zuma fitty
redline mono cog
2013 MV F4RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post
Dude, seriously WTF? You think just cause these guys at the dealer are your friends that they automatically give the BEST service? Ray (Yamawhore) is a pretty stand up guy, if you can show me any other post or thread where he has been a , then I'll shut the fk up. He's had an identical R6 before so my guess is that he knows how it should run. If you can troubleshoot his bike with just this thread, then let's shut all the service dept's down and we'll just send YOU a PM and all bikes will run great since you're supremely knowledgable as to how they should all run.

You come in here, start talking and want people to respect you and your "friends" at the dealer? Give me a fuking break.

Oh yeah, learn some grammar please.
respect i need noones repect, and i ride more than i sit on my a$$ at a computer, so sorry my waller high deploma isn't good enough for you haha but i see you understood what i said, at least it sounds like english lol, people get off your butts and ride, put down some rubber not somebody else.....and i'm not mad you guys are talking about them cuz if i waz i'd be YELLING LIKE THIS, (ISN'T THIS HOW YOU COMPUTER GUYS SCARE EACHOTHER). CIAO
Old 02-16-2009, 01:48 AM   #56
S.D.W.
...Ready

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2011 ZX10 Racebike
2010 Crf450r
2009 zx6 race bike
2009 ttr110

If its the Brandon I am thinking of, he came from the dealership that closed...Lyle lovett I think was the name. The guy knows his . He took your bike out and tested it the way it should be, all over the rpm range....allow me to explain.
My clutch went out on my bike a month or so ago. I went to delaership and ordered new clutch, had it replaced by the dealer. I picked up my bike to find it was still slipping bad! I took it back, and apparently, the mechanic didn't test it out over 5k rpms, when I specified that it doesn't slip until 7-8k. I had to put it back on the stand and they had to replace one of the plates. Didn't take too long but its principle. The bike should have been properly tested.
If he would have tested it where I said the problem was (high in the revs) the problem would have been solved before the keys were handed back to me.
Old 02-16-2009, 02:27 AM   #57
moduleum

Quote:
respect i need noones repect, and i ride more than i sit on my a$$ at a computer, so sorry my waller high deploma isn't good enough for you haha but i see you understood what i said, at least it sounds like english lol, people get off your butts and ride, put down some rubber not somebody else.....and i'm not mad you guys are talking about them cuz if i waz i'd be YELLING LIKE THIS, (ISN'T THIS HOW YOU COMPUTER GUYS SCARE EACHOTHER). CIAO
X at the top right. Click it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.D.W. View Post
If its the Brandon I am thinking of, he came from the dealership that closed...Lyle lovett I think was the name. The guy knows his . He took your bike out and tested it the way it should be, all over the rpm range....allow me to explain.
My clutch went out on my bike a month or so ago. I went to delaership and ordered new clutch, had it replaced by the dealer. I picked up my bike to find it was still slipping bad! I took it back, and apparently, the mechanic didn't test it out over 5k rpms, when I specified that it doesn't slip until 7-8k. I had to put it back on the stand and they had to replace one of the plates. Didn't take too long but its principle. The bike should have been properly tested.
If he would have tested it where I said the problem was (high in the revs) the problem would have been solved before the keys were handed back to me.
If a shop personnel is going to test a near brand new motorcycle "throughout the RPM range," he needs to tell the customer. The shop personnel treated it like it was his own, which he shouldn't have done.

Lesson learned for the OP - don't take your bike back there unless you want it thrashed.

Thanks for the post though. I definitely won't be taking my bike there and risk a hooligan tearing my tranny to shreds.
moduleum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 03:02 AM   #58
dudewhrsmybike

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R ABS

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by moduleum View Post
X at the top right. Click it.
Word!

Correct me if I am wrong but if he is telling them it's sluggish in the low rpms, why the do they need to ride it beyond the RPM range at which the bike begins to pick up power?

I understand what you are saying SDW, but it was necessary for them to get into those high rpms while testing your bike for the clutch. With the OP's issue, I don't think getting into the high rpms was at all necessary. Either way, the manner in which they tested his bike isn't really the issue here, while it may have him off a bit considering his bike is still in break in period, its not the issue, just another complaint he has to make.

The problem I see here is the fact that they didn't put much effort into correcting the problem. They just chalked it up to "It's normal for 600's to do that" Yea, sorry but I'll call BS on that too. The OP has ALREADY owned an 09 R6 and he KNOWS what it feels like and how it should ride. He is on his 2nd 09 R6 and it is not operating the way it is supposed to be. There is obviously a problem here!
Old 02-16-2009, 06:26 AM   #59
Badzx14r
Banned

Bike(s):
2many2list

User is banned

Badzx14r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 06:45 AM   #60
Badzx14r
Banned