MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2009, 08:52 PM   #21
krazekris47

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2012 R1 Blue
crf150f
zuma fitty
redline mono cog
2013 MV F4RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeeBee View Post
Was looking forward to using this dealer for my valve service soon. :(
trust me they know there shiyt up there i have been to just about every shop in town and i feel safe about them working on all 6 of my bikes
Katy Yamaha - Please help me Yillbs General Discussion (Moto Related) 83 12-23-2013 03:13 PM
Katy Yamaha Nights! LLanera Stunters Lounge 146 07-25-2010 02:26 PM
Killing it at Katy Yamaha AJFLo Stunters Lounge 24 12-14-2009 09:22 PM
Katy Yamaha AJFLo General Discussion (Moto Related) 9 04-28-2009 04:05 PM
Visited Katy Yamaha Today Mr.P General Discussion (Moto Related) 16 10-18-2008 09:39 AM
Advertisement
Old 02-13-2009, 08:59 PM   #22
krazekris47

Bike(s):
2012 R1 Blue
crf150f
zuma fitty
redline mono cog
2013 MV F4RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longstroke View Post
Yamawhore has a point, not only should they troubleshoot his problem but they should also take the time to double check anything else that may be wrong with it, make recommendations for preventive maintenance...etc..you do make money on selling new parts and labor services...not to mention a huge safety measure is to having a mechanically sound bike...

I've taken my bike to brandon also for an oil change...in & out quick....but nothing was said...i was expecting to hear...may consider some new tires soon...break fluids a little dirty, may consider flushing it next time you come in, chains looks good....etc.

Took my bike to javi, for a nail in my tire....dude opened his shop on a sunday to fix it...went ahead and bought a new tire from him...and he pretty much told me all of the above.....hahaha.....great service over there for sure!
why would you want to hear that you need all that stuff if your bike is ok, ohh just use to all the other dealerships that try to screw you out of money, i am glad they are straight forward and don't try to make me by i don't really need, i think they understand by looking at your tires(with no chicken strips) that you know your bike and you don't want to hear a bunch of bs, i am just glad there is a good bike shop in my area
Old 02-13-2009, 09:02 PM   #23
Beanie Chino

Bike(s):
2006 R6 50th
2010 VRSCDX "THE FAT DARKNESS"

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazekris47 View Post
ok they are a new store and if they don't have a key cutter ur just gonna bag on them maybe you have never worked at a bike shop b4, and it a new one at that so give them a break i know those guys up there and they have always treated me and my friend great maybe its the way you come off to people, you kinda sound like a er to me and i have never meet you. and good luck with wild west honda haha
Thanks for quoting my post without actually paying attention and reading it. Apparently you missed the part that said they had a key cutter, for one.

Two, I have worked in the motorcycle industry, both at a long-established dealership, as well as at a newly opened one. I apologize if you think that because you "know the guys" that you feel like anyone else should owe them a break.

Next time open your eyes before you open your mouth.

The only thing remotely accurately assessed in your post was that you "have never meet" me, and even that was misspelled.
Beanie Chino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 09:02 PM   #24
pester
Black olives matter

Feedback Rating: (12)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 yamaha fz6
1998 yamaha wr 400 motard

Member Garage

Quote:
ok they are a new store and if they don't have a key cutter ur just gonna bag on them maybe you have never worked at a bike shop b4, and it a new one at that so give them a break i know those guys up there and they have always treated me and my friend great maybe its the way you come off to people, you kinda sound like a er to me and i have never meet you. and good luck with wild west honda haha
talking about wild west honda i had a very bad experience back in 06 and never went back

took my bike there for cosmetic repair after being hit, i mean they took like a month and i saw even bikes that were left there after me being out first

after i got my bike back many ppl told me they dont care about other bikes but BMW

yes they were right

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sickGixxer View Post
nevermind ima bumbass and ill get my wife 2 do it 2nite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyt915 View Post
I know enough Spanish to stick you with a knife cabron
pester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 09:04 PM   #25
cj_sandman
custom user title!!

Bike(s):
'03 CBR 600 F4i
'99 FXST

Quote:
Originally Posted by binhtt225q View Post
Thanks for quoting my post without actually paying attention and reading it. Apparently you missed the part that said they had a key cutter, for one.

Two, I have worked in the motorcycle industry, both at a long-established dealership, as well as at a newly opened one. I apologize if you think that because you "know the guys" that you feel like anyone else should owe them a break.

Next time open your eyes before you open your mouth.

The only thing remotely accurately assessed in your post was that you "have never meet" me, and even that was misspelled.

My bad. That's MY post, not binhttq225 - he was logged in on my comp. Either way. My response.
Old 02-13-2009, 09:06 PM   #26
pester
Black olives matter

Feedback Rating: (12)

Bike(s):
2007 yamaha fz6
1998 yamaha wr 400 motard

Member Garage

i just went to that yamaha last saturday just to buy oil and filter and got me in and out quick

i think they just need a little more time to set in. but is just me

to begin with thy are closer than any other shop now that powersports of houston isnt there anymore

so ill keep a close eye on them

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sickGixxer View Post
nevermind ima bumbass and ill get my wife 2 do it 2nite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyt915 View Post
I know enough Spanish to stick you with a knife cabron
pester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 09:22 PM   #27
cj_sandman
custom user title!!

Bike(s):
'03 CBR 600 F4i
'99 FXST

Quote:
Originally Posted by pester View Post
i think they just need a little more time to set in.
I agree with that.

Even though I didn't have a stellar first experience there, I didn't say "Oh, I'll never go there again."

Being that they're practically in my backyard, I hope they get settled in and things do get better.
Old 02-13-2009, 10:49 PM   #28
Longstroke
"Skeeza-Pleeza"

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
'05 R6 - SOLD

Member Garage

Send a message via MSN to Longstroke
Quote:
why would you want to hear that you need all that stuff if your bike is ok, ohh just use to all the other dealerships that try to screw you out of money, i am glad they are straight forward and don't try to make me by i don't really need, i think they understand by looking at your tires(with no chicken strips) that you know your bike and you don't want to hear a bunch of bs, i am just glad there is a good bike shop in my area
Who ever said, i was going there to look for a !

Comprehension means understand what you read,.....that means,....if i'm there and you see something is potentially wrong with my bike, that i can't see (mechanic being the professional) i want to know about it. You will never know, which means i will never know if you dont take the time to check it out! Thats the point! Not all reputable places that work on your car or bike are out to screw you....yamaha should be one of those!

I'd rather have someone tell me i need something done on my bike or car than to let it go on without attention and have it cost more or cause me to jeopordize my ride because someone was too lazy or busy to take the time to go above the standard means....be realistic!

- Sorry babe, Pimps don't fall in love!
Longstroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 11:15 PM   #29
Tojo92
AKA Mongo

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
1994 Ducati 900 SS/SP
2003 Honda CRF450R motard
2002 Husqvarna NOX
2001 KTM Duke II

I have used Wild West Honda for parts and service and haven't had any problems with them at all.

I recently bought a 1997 FZR600R that I wanted to upgrade a bit and the guys at Wild West sent me to Katy Yamaha for parts. I was treated very well at Katy Yamaha in ordering suspension upgrades. I was given a fair price and when I had one minor issue, it was resolved without any problems or questions. It was obvious it was a newer shop, but I had the feeling everyone there was doing a good job and it will only get better.

Both shops mentioned will continue to get my business. No shop is perfect, and we all have bad days, but if we don't support these shops (also including the independents), we will all be SOL (Sh#t outa luck). It's nice to be able to go down to a shop and get guidance on what parts will work, or try on a helmet, or other stuff RIGHT NOW. No waiting for a shipment.

As for the original issue...if the guy tried to duplicate your concern as described, I don't get the complaint. He tried to replicate what you said you experienced and he couldn't. No harm, no foul.

For what it's worth, a buddy of mine has an independent shop in Bryan/College Station. I was there a few weeks ago and you would be suprised the dumb questions people come in with. If you saw what I saw in just a few hours, you wonder how these guys take anyone seriously. Each question was answered calmly without making anyone look stupid, but it would get old.

Example:
Customer "I need some oil for my three wheeler."
Owner: " OK, what do you have?"
Customer "A blue one"
Owner: " OK , do you mean to change the oil, or add oil to the gas?"
Customer: "What do you mean?"
Owner:"Is it a two stroke or four stroke?"
Customer:"I think it's a three stroke."

Honest to goodness, that was the conversation. Aggie Word. I think I'd shoot myself dealing with that sort of stuff.

Could have been a bad day for the guy that checked you bike out.

Staton
CMRA#665 (neighbor of the beast)
The Problem - Endurance
Tojo92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 12:16 AM   #30
jfly
RIP Coach Dave

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
cbr 600 F3 LOR exhaust

Member Garage

Katy Yamaha always does me right and +1 on Javi at True Methods.
Actual Riding Experience 10+ years
Quote:
I'll say this, he did a pretty decent job hanging with 3 liter bikes on 45 on his F3!!
jfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 01:52 AM   #31
Got-Busa?

Taking your bike to a dealer is the first mistake...
Got-Busa? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 08:59 AM   #32
krazekris47

Bike(s):
2012 R1 Blue
crf150f
zuma fitty
redline mono cog
2013 MV F4RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamawhore View Post
So I noticed that my bike has been hesitating taking off from a stop. Bogging if you will. I take it in to the dealership just because its under warranty. I tell the service guy that it has been bogging off the start. He goes, "ok" so I toss him the keys. Next thing I know, he speeds off with my bike, revving the out of it while I was talking to the salesperson. Comes back like 2 mins later saying, "it's normal for a 600 to hesitate off the line. Once you get to like 4,000rpm it goes."
I look at him like . I explained that I understood its a 600 and its not going to be a torque king and that it's been hesitating taking off. Could be a bad spark plug or battery? . He goes on saying its normal for 600s.

In summary, the sales and management is great but the service department SUX !

I'll give Patrick a call tomorrow.
so a real rider gets on your new bike and rides it rite and feels no problem with and you got to get on here first thing and talk sh*t and make it hard for the new dealership, if i saw this post and you came back to my shop i wouldn't want to help you in fear that you might bad mouth me again... and speaking of mouth you got alittle patrick on you lip
Old 02-14-2009, 09:37 AM   #33
Yamawhore

Bike(s):
2014 Z1000
2008 CBR600RR (sold)
2009 R6 (sold)
2009 R6 (wreck)
2007 R6 (sold)

Quote:
so a real rider gets on your new bike and rides it rite and feels no problem with and you got to get on here first thing and talk sh*t and make it hard for the new dealership, if i saw this post and you came back to my shop i wouldn't want to help you in fear that you might bad mouth me again... and speaking of mouth you got alittle patrick on you lip
As ignorant as you sound. I will give you the benefit of the doubt that you work at the dealership. BTW i'll be paying a visit.
Reread the thread and get back to me.
Yamawhore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 09:46 AM   #34
philly fresh
im infamous *****es!!

Feedback Rating: (6)

Bike(s):
07' R6

Send a message via AIM to philly fresh
well your 09 r6 will be sluggish off the line. my 07 is the same way. if you want to fix the problem change your gearing. these motor are high revvers. patrick will probably tell you the same thing
Old 02-14-2009, 09:52 AM   #35
Yamawhore

Bike(s):
2014 Z1000
2008 CBR600RR (sold)
2009 R6 (sold)
2009 R6 (wreck)
2007 R6 (sold)

facepalm

Last edited by Yamawhore; 02-14-2009 at 09:56 AM.
Yamawhore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 10:45 AM   #36
cobrakiller02

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
To many to list

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj_sandman View Post
My bad. That's MY post, not binhttq225 - he was logged in on my comp. Either way. My response.
so did you have your key code to that bike,, you did say you were in the motorcycle inds. and you do know that is important rite?
cobrakiller02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 10:56 AM   #37
JMAC

Bike(s):
Ninja

I had the worst consumer experience/customer service of my life at Wild West Honda. From the manager down to the kid who washes the bikes and everyone in between, this organization is lacking in every way. But as others have stated pretty typical for a dealership, only this was incompetence to the sixth power. Feel free to disagree with my statements, but you cannot argue the stack of receipts I have
JMAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 11:01 AM   #38
Gixxer Geezer
All day long I'm shufflin

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
06 honda vtx 1300
06 Busa limited. sold
2 Gixxer 600. sold
85 Honda Hurricane. sold
56 Triumph, 64 BSA, Thunderbolt, 66 BSA Lightning Bolt, 64 Honda Scrambler. all sold

sorry you got such poor service .. especially on a new bike.. your thread is exactly why i dont take my bikes to dealerships.. i do all my own work that i can.. if i cant do it.. some friends or friends of friends can help me figure it out.. i dont trust dealerships..

What part of "I Don't Care", Don't you Understand?
Gixxer Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 11:48 AM   #39
zimmer

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
08 Honda CBR 1000
2010 Honda Sabre

I just bought a new bike at Wild West Honda last week and had a good experience. They are doing some work for me today, so we will see about the serivce department. The phone conversations I have had so far with the service department have been good and helpful. Havent been in the new Yamaha store yet.
zimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 12:38 PM   #40
Mr.P
Driving Duh-Bus

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

I've been to Katy Yamaha a couple of times. Most of the guys there are pretty knowledgeable. The sales staff is trained to be low pressure and not jump all over customers, rather welcome them in and let them ask the questions. I spoke to the owner about his approach and hope it does well for him.

Parts department is slowly ramping up. Learning curve is in effect. I think in a few months they will be as up to speed as any other dealership. Times are tough right now, and they had many difficulties getting the store open from a permit perspective. So it seems they are gettting the whole thing up piecemeal as demand picks up.

Service is good, I think all the guys I've met are competent mechanics and have years of experience. Your complaints seem to me justified and I'd suggest, like I would anyone who is unhappy with the outcome of a dealership visit, to escalate the feeling to management while still on site.

I think if you go back in and voice your concerns you'll be treated very well and have things taken care of to your liking.

I know there are some things said above that were inflammatory. I know the guys posting above, and they are not stellar at the art of internet, or for that matter, written communication. They are also defensive about hte new shop and want it to shine. In person, they'll bend over backwards to help you out, even if maybe they didn't show it the first time there. I suggest you do go talk to them and see how they can help you out and make things right.

We've all had our share of bad dealership luck. And private shop luck. I waited 45 minutes at Stubbs new 59 store only to be told the key machine was not up and running. I got blanks and had Home Depot cut them. I waited another 30 minutes on another day to get a brake cable. No apologies for making me wait behind idiots who had 3 stroke dirt bikes and wanted to waste 10 minutes picking out a "grafiks skit" and not buy it there.

I took my 3000 mile Busa to a small shop for a tire. He threw in a chain adjustment. Didn't lock it all down and the axle slipped, chain stretched first time I gassed it, had to buy $250 chain and sprockets and the shop owner acted like he was doing me a favor, for my benefit, saying stock chains are and it wasn't his fault, it was the power of the bike. Well the new chain, same brand and size, managed to last till 22000 miles when the bike was sold. It was the attitude that made me never want to return to the shop, not the actions. It's cost him probably 50 lost referrals and $2000 of service business I've taken elsewhere, all because of attitude.

We can all forgive mistakes to some degree, but personal attention and understanding of customer needs is key to a successful business. Apologies and sincere action go a long way.

Advertisement