MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2009, 03:46 PM   #21
amber|alexis

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4 years

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfuller View Post
I'm not trying to argue... it just seemed fishy and I was asking him to clear it up. there have been 3 other riders this year that have passed that were posted on MH... i just saw it as odd that he did it for this rider only because it was high publicized here. We all know he's been trying to get riders... what better way to get a big group together? i just think he could have thought about the close friends first, and named it Rod's memorial ride... oh, well, I'll stay out, just trying to clarify and make sure he's aware of how he looks in other's eyes. I didn't see the post as a memorial ride but more of a not-so-good "marketing" idea
Wouldn't be the first time someone tried to capitalize on someone else's death
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Feb 6th Forest Ride - 50% off MSRH on Feb 14th! *First timers only please* Snow Events, Meets and Rides 12 02-07-2011 12:19 PM
RIP Roderick dudewhrsmybike General Discussion (Moto Related) 208 02-22-2009 09:48 AM
Astar Crew Ride and Recruit Meet!! Feb.8,2009 black240 Events, Meets and Rides 87 02-12-2009 05:23 PM
Astar Crew ride to the rally! black240 Events, Meets and Rides 41 12-16-2008 11:57 PM
feb 26 4:15 ninjaxx Events, Meets and Rides 1 02-26-2006 05:00 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-12-2009, 03:49 PM   #22
bluewave18
Safety Third

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

I read it the same way as Fuller.
Old 02-12-2009, 03:54 PM   #23
quicksaveme

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
2014 Multistrada GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber|alexis View Post
Wouldn't be the first time someone tried to capitalize on someone else's death

That's a bold statement
Old 02-12-2009, 03:55 PM   #24
Captain
The Beast

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
GSX-R 1000

Member Garage

Aramis ...you had a great idea about collecting 10 for the ride. I think Edgar we should do this but I really think we should plan the ride at least next week on Sunday why because it gives allot more people to join us on the ride the more people the more money we raise for our brothers family. We will need all riders at the meet it does not matter if your mad at someone or if you don't like someone this is for A Falling Rider.... Please everyone join us one this day I will get with Edgar and we will plan this for next Sunday. also we will take ideas on what would be good as for should we go to the site of the crash and all... Also I do feel that we should or who ever knows the family to ask if we can ride that day in his memorie and just ask for an okay. We should all come to together and join hands on this day why because anybody that loves bikes and loves to ride would like this to happean.

Thanks to everyone
Captain
Old 02-12-2009, 04:00 PM   #25
black240
black240

Bike(s):
04' GSX R-750 (sold)
02' GSX R-750 (sold)
03' GSX R-600 (sold)
01' GSX R-1000 (sold)
1950 Chevy Styleline

To anybody who knew him personally I would like them to come so we can donate some money for him and pass it on to his family and we can give it to that person who can get in touch with his parents. I am just trying to this out of good heart but if I had went down I wouldnt this to be done for me no matter who would be doing it this just to pay respect. RIP

Last edited by black240; 02-12-2009 at 04:04 PM.
Old 02-12-2009, 04:01 PM   #26
Old School RR

Bike(s):
1999 Honda 900RR....sold
2003 Z1000...currently on the disabled list

Send a message via Yahoo to Old School RR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain View Post
Aramis ...you had a great idea about collecting 10 for the ride. I think Edgar we should do this but I really think we should plan the ride at least next week on Sunday why because it gives allot more people to join us on the ride the more people the more money we raise for our brothers family. We will need all riders at the meet it does not matter if your mad at someone or if you don't like someone this is for A Falling Rider.... Please everyone join us one this day I will get with Edgar and we will plan this for next Sunday. also we will take ideas on what would be good as for should we go to the site of the crash and all... Also I do feel that we should or who ever knows the family to ask if we can ride that day in his memorie and just ask for an okay. We should all come to together and join hands on this day why because anybody that loves bikes and loves to ride would like this to happean.

Thanks to everyone
Captain
you guys sure maybe somebody who is really close to him and his gf or family might not wanna take the baton on this one????
Old 02-12-2009, 04:04 PM   #27
amber|alexis

Experience: 4 years

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksaveme View Post
That's a bold statement
but true.

Old 02-12-2009, 04:06 PM   #28
quicksaveme

Bike(s):
2014 Multistrada GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber|alexis View Post
but true.

You're right. Just sayin
Old 02-12-2009, 04:10 PM   #29
Captain
The Beast

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
GSX-R 1000

Member Garage

Okay riders and members lets get this done lets set a date Edgar ...like next Sunday so everyone can attend
Old 02-12-2009, 04:11 PM   #30
black240
black240

Bike(s):
04' GSX R-750 (sold)
02' GSX R-750 (sold)
03' GSX R-600 (sold)
01' GSX R-1000 (sold)
1950 Chevy Styleline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain View Post

Thanks to everyone
Captain

Your right Eric. We will hold off on this till next week. Its just something that I wanted to do but we will hold off so people can pm with ideas and also so we can get more people to come so we can give the family a bigger donation to them.
Old 02-12-2009, 04:12 PM   #31
black240
black240

Bike(s):
04' GSX R-750 (sold)
02' GSX R-750 (sold)
03' GSX R-600 (sold)
01' GSX R-1000 (sold)
1950 Chevy Styleline

Next Sunday will be Feb. 22, 2009
Old 02-12-2009, 04:19 PM   #32
cdill35

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

Dude...Ill ride that ride, when yall do it. I think your intentions are pure.
Old 02-12-2009, 04:20 PM   #33
quicksaveme

Bike(s):
2014 Multistrada GTS

That;s good that you are holding off 240. I can tell it's one of those things where you feel like there is actually something you can do and it excites you so you jumped at the thought. It's a good gesture, and I'm sure he would appreciate it, especially from a stranger.

Good luck with the ride, I hope it turns out good.
Old 02-12-2009, 04:21 PM   #34
cdill35

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by black240 View Post
Next Sunday will be Feb. 22, 2009

And just a suggestion...take A-Star out of the memorial ride title when u do it. Might get a better reception.
Old 02-12-2009, 04:24 PM   #35
BBlue

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
05 GSXR 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdill35 View Post
And just a suggestion...take A-Star out of the memorial ride title when u do it. Might get a better reception.
yea that might be a good idea...and he was a good friend of mine so let me know when and ill be there with or without a bike
Old 02-12-2009, 04:32 PM   #36
black240
black240

Bike(s):
04' GSX R-750 (sold)
02' GSX R-750 (sold)
03' GSX R-600 (sold)
01' GSX R-1000 (sold)
1950 Chevy Styleline

I will. We will call it Memorial Ride for Roderick!!
Old 02-12-2009, 04:34 PM   #37
cj_sandman
custom user title!!

Bike(s):
'03 CBR 600 F4i
'99 FXST

Sure seems to be a lot of boo-hoo'ing over this, .

I didn't know the guy, but when the post came up, I read some of Roderick's first posts and the guy seems to have been silly, optimistic, and full of spirit. By my estimate, that seems like someone worth having a memorial ride for.

True, black240 is jumping the gun or whatever by headlining on this thing, but to anyone who is freaking out because "close friends should plan this" and blah blah blah.......

I'm sure the close friends are grieving and its a down-right nice gesture for a fellow MHer to take the reins and get the process going, and when those "close friends" are ready to step forward on this..

Does anyone actually think they'll be or feel disrespected because someone else had a heart and wanted to do something nice? I'm pretty sure they will be touched that the memory of their friend/fellow rider and his spirit was enough to motivate and touch a complete stranger's state of mind - inasmuch as this stranger wanting to get involved.

No harm, no foul.

As for those who are saying that Edgar is trying to recruit/put together a bigger ride... or whatever.. just because he is doing some kind of ride around 610, which is his normal ride or whatever it may be........

Who cares? Besides, how many of us actually cherish the idea of riding a circle around 610? Let me tell you - riding a loop around 610 is anything BUT my idea of fun. It's rather grim, to tell ya the truth.

So - I hope that Edgar's intentions are innocent and pure, and I will ride this ride, to remember a fellow rider, one who, in hindsight, I wish I had the chance to meet.

And I ain't tryin' to recruit nobody into nothin' except sendin' some prayers up for this kid and his family.

Quit the bickering and let the light center on what this 's supposed to be about.

Roderick.

End of story.
Old 02-12-2009, 04:39 PM   #38
BBlue

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
05 GSXR 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj_sandman View Post
Sure seems to be a lot of boo-hoo'ing over this, .

I didn't know the guy, but when the post came up, I read some of Roderick's first posts and the guy seems to have been silly, optimistic, and full of spirit. By my estimate, that seems like someone worth having a memorial ride for.

True, black240 is jumping the gun or whatever by headlining on this thing, but to anyone who is freaking out because "close friends should plan this" and blah blah blah.......

I'm sure the close friends are grieving and its a down-right nice gesture for a fellow MHer to take the reins and get the process going, and when those "close friends" are ready to step forward on this..

Does anyone actually think they'll be or feel disrespected because someone else had a heart and wanted to do something nice? I'm pretty sure they will be touched that the memory of their friend/fellow rider and his spirit was enough to motivate and touch a complete stranger's state of mind - inasmuch as this stranger wanting to get involved.

No harm, no foul.

As for those who are saying that Edgar is trying to recruit/put together a bigger ride... or whatever.. just because he is doing some kind of ride around 610, which is his normal ride or whatever it may be........

Who cares? Besides, how many of us actually cherish the idea of riding a circle around 610? Let me tell you - riding a loop around 610 is anything BUT my idea of fun. It's rather grim, to tell ya the truth.

So - I hope that Edgar's intentions are innocent and pure, and I will ride this ride, to remember a fellow rider, one who, in hindsight, I wish I had the chance to meet.

And I ain't tryin' to recruit nobody into nothin' except sendin' some prayers up for this kid and his family.

Quit the bickering and let the light center on what this 's supposed to be about.

Roderick.

End of story.
very well said...
Old 02-12-2009, 05:48 PM   #39
Longstroke
"Skeeza-Pleeza"

Bike(s):
'05 R6 - SOLD

Member Garage

Send a message via MSN to Longstroke
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdill35 View Post
Yup... make it with good intentions and pure.....leave your ASTARS GEAR HOME TOO.... !

- Sorry babe, Pimps don't fall in love!
Closed Thread

Advertisement