MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2009, 10:20 AM   #61
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badzx14r View Post
i never heard him say he was totally wrong ...i heard him keep saying he pull over the guy for wreakless driving for driving on the shoulder...

that means 2 thing ...

1 don't drive on shoulder to let a cop pass in that state ..
2 that cop got caught railroading somebody ...but how many times he's done it in the pass and will do it in the future..

YES FOR FORKING UP YOU LOSE YOUR JOB ... cop should too
He said he pulled over the wrong guy, you're just mad he had a valid reason for pulling over the wrong guy. Don't drive on the shoulder in any state , if you have to get out of a cop's way pull over and STOP. He said this guy was passing on the shoulder. In the video he stated to check his record for previous incidences of this sort, because he has none. And, next time you screw up anything at work, you should lose your job.
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cop pulls gun on guy for filming (video) silverfudge Off Topic 70 08-10-2015 11:14 AM
TX COP PULLS OVER MOTORCYCLIST IN ORDER TO CONFISCATE HIS HELMET CAM ó ARRESTS HIM DSL_PWR Off Topic 6 06-25-2012 09:39 AM
Washington D.C. Cop Pulls Gun Amid Snowball Fight craigntx Off Topic 17 12-23-2009 07:00 AM
BBC Puts Wrong Guy On The Air ArturoC Off Topic 9 10-19-2006 06:31 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-12-2009, 10:21 AM   #62
Valkorin

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
06 F4i
Stolen Big Wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlRacer View Post
Hey, quiet you, let Darwin do his work.
Okie, I like the way you think!

BTW, hands up is not always giving up. Its called passive resistance, if your being told to get down. At some point, someones gotta give, do you folks really expect the police to say "hmm, he said no, what now?? back to the donut shop!"
Old 02-12-2009, 10:25 AM   #63
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
Generally I agree with you, but on occasion... you make some really stupid assumptions/comments.
so you don't think he was w/ the group that ran?
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 10:32 AM   #64
Ulric
Dirty Old

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

"so you don't think he was w/ the group that ran?"

Dunno, there's one post in that thread relaying a 3rd person claim that the bike that was run over wasn't part of the group.

Why assume he was or wasn't, base it on information provided. Which at this point would seem he wasn't.

....we can play all day with 'what if' scenarios. What if he wasn't... the guy that hit him, had seen the chase. Was speeding to try to see more, or speeding because he figured it would be safe with the cops chasing the bikes ahead of him...and tagged Rod?
Old 02-12-2009, 08:14 PM   #65
JP171

Bike(s):
00' GSXR 750
05 636

the leo was probably justified in making a traffic stop for "wreckless" operation of a vehicle, however he was not justified in using a wrist lock by the visual from the vid. the rider was attempting to get the bike on the stand so he could get off, there were 2 officers present so using the ammount of force he used to effect the arrest was by appearance excessive, the colateral damage to the bike was directly the fault of the officer, however there will be no payment to the owner unless he sues the officer personally, and yes he can be sued, the traffic court judge made a determination of the officer having been incorrect and dismissed the traffic violation, so that can be used in a civil court to show caprcious or arbitrary decision with malice aforethought to stop and detain a motorcycle rider who at best could have been charged with a minor infraction, given that the officer was in all likelyhood an agitated state from having been in or have been aware of other motorcycle riders evading. but unless he has some cash he isn't gonna get nuthin cept a fukked bike and a bill from the wrecker and storage lot

For those looking to give back to Texas and serve those in times of need, Join the Texas State Guard.
Locate a Recruiter http://www.gotxsg.com/join.php
JP171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 08:30 PM   #66
Badzx14r
Banned

Bike(s):
2many2list

User is banned

Badzx14r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 10:03 PM   #67
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

If I did something at work that could even remotely result in the company getting sued you could bet on me getting fired in an instant.

Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 08:10 AM   #68
C.Hern5972
Street Ninja Four Father

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
96 ZX7R 37k miles and still strong
2007 HD Softail
2002 Springer Classic
2007 GSXR600

Member Garage

i would sue the cop and the state for damages

Chris H
"I dont follow rules to well"
C.Hern5972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 08:37 AM   #69
Valkorin

Bike(s):
06 F4i
Stolen Big Wheel

I was gonna type out a nice well thought out response again but I realized its a waste of time. Right or wrong isn't the point anymore, just stand up and say "fight the machine!" Save yourself some time.
Old 02-13-2009, 09:03 AM   #70
chfranco
Landscape

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
06 Harley VROD
1980 Harley Sportster
2003 Goldwing Gl1800
06 Honda VTX 1300

Send a message via AIM to chfranco Send a message via Yahoo to chfranco
no respect

and the police wonder why people don't respect them anymore. If your a cop, you really need to talk to your co-workers about this sort of abuse of power. It only diminishes your actual authority. I no longer call the police for anything. When I was in college a neighbor of mine, black girl, got run over by a tow truck. I called the cops, and somehow the cop arrested her, because she punched the driver that just hit her with a car!! this was a 100 lb girl punching a 300 lb trucker in the arm. SHE WAS HIT WITH A CAR!! I went out to say something, and the cop threatened to arrest me for public intoxication. I had one beer, and was standing outside my apartment. All cops say, "this sort of thing is rare", "its just a few bad seeds", but I never seem to see the good ones.
chfranco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 09:11 AM   #71
Blue Lotus

Location: S.E, If i go across the street im in Pasadena, I go down one block im in Clearlake lol

Bike(s):
Yamaha R1

Send a message via AIM to Blue Lotus Send a message via MSN to Blue Lotus Send a message via Yahoo to Blue Lotus
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParAvion View Post
I realize the mistake of pulling over the wrong person but then yanking the guy off the bike with the chick on the back even after he has his hands up and at a complete stop with a cop behind him and to the side. C"MON!!! totally unnecessary. Lot of times you see violence against cops that is totally unavoidable if just some respect is shown. I've walked away from plenty of fights myself by diffusing the situation before it erupts into total chaos. Lot of cops could put themselves and the public into a lot less danger if they just learned how to talk respectfully to someone.
I agree with that. Alot of times it is unnecessary for them to yell at you for no reason when you are trying to cooperate, which I dont understand why they feel the need to be aggressive all the time
and judging by what i saw on the video, the cop let his emotions get to him and ended up making a wrong decision.
the more I ride and see things, the more I realize that cops have this general hatred towards the bike world, I understand the obligation to prevent unsafe bike riders on the street, but not everyone is their enemy, nor is everyone a reckless rider
Old 02-13-2009, 09:25 AM   #72
cobra281

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Lotus View Post
I agree with that. Alot of times it is unnecessary for them to yell at you for no reason when you are trying to cooperate, which I dont understand why they feel the need to be aggressive all the time
and judging by what i saw on the video, the cop let his emotions get to him and ended up making a wrong decision.
the more I ride and see things, the more I realize that cops have this general hatred towards the bike world, I understand the obligation to prevent unsafe bike riders on the street, but not everyone is their enemy, nor is everyone a reckless rider

In the officer's mind this was the person that was running from him, which is a felony in most states.

Do you know how to do a felony traffic stop?

You are supposed to pull them over and draw your weapon and point it at their melon while giving them commands to exit/get off the vehicle and lie face down.

The officer did not pull his weapon as he had the right to do. He was simply trying to get the operator of the motorcycle detained as soon as possible.

The operator was just running from the police (in the officer's mind) what makes you think he would not do it again?

All in all, it was an honest mistake.

Officers deal with the scum of the earth and each day they put their lives on the line to save our .

Sure they harass us sometimes for speeding and acting a fool while riding, but the laws are there for the greater good of the community.

The laws are there to protect Johnny and Suzy and their family.

If you choose to break the law you choose to pay the consequences.
Old 02-13-2009, 09:55 AM   #73
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobra281 View Post
In the officer's mind this was the person that was running from him, which is a felony in most states.
Do you know how to do a felony traffic stop?
You are supposed to pull them over and draw your weapon and point it at their melon while giving them commands to exit/get off the vehicle and lie face down.
The officer did not pull his weapon as he had the right to do. He was simply trying to get the operator of the motorcycle detained as soon as possible.
The operator was just running from the police (in the officer's mind) what makes you think he would not do it again?
All in all, it was an honest mistake.
Officers deal with the scum of the earth and each day they put their lives on the line to save our .
Sure they harass us sometimes for speeding and acting a fool while riding, but the laws are there for the greater good of the community.
The laws are there to protect Johnny and Suzy and their family.
If you choose to break the law you choose to pay the consequences.
The 'mistake' was assuming the rider/pillon on tbe bike where the speeders.
He did not apparently know who/what he was chasing beyond someone on a motorcycle. Sorry, to me... that damages his 'excuse' for his actions.

There was little time for the rider to 'comply' with anything the officer might have been saying.
During this there are third parties yelling that they have the wrong bike/riders.

With the wrist lock, the rider had limited movement options... there was not need/requirement to pull him & the bike over. The officer got 'excited' or worked up, picked a target with limited/insufficient information and went overboard.
Old 02-13-2009, 10:02 AM   #74
Valkorin

Bike(s):
06 F4i
Stolen Big Wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by chfranco View Post
and the police wonder why people don't respect them anymore. All cops say, "this sort of thing is rare", "its just a few bad seeds", but I never seem to see the good ones.
Whens the last time you heard anything good about the police? It's not sensational, its not popular, its not good news.

Imagine this one. Your the popo, on your way home after a 10-12 hr shift you roll up on a car crash. both cars are screwed the three people in 2 cars are all tore up. As you call for help, one of the cars catches fire. Without hesitation, you enter the burning car, pry the poor squished loose (getting knows what infested blood all over you) and drag him to safety.

What is your reward? Some a$$hat comes up and starts that he's been stuck in traffic while you've "been jerking off." Your tell him what for, and send him back to his car. Guess you should have arrested him for interfering with an investigation, because when you come back the next day, you've got a to meet with your supervisor because you've got a complaint.

Where was the news cameras then? wheres the drivers posting up their thanks? There are none. Because people love to talk about "the suck."

So yeah, it is rare. But we the public would rather talk than praise someone for a job well done.
Old 02-13-2009, 10:04 AM   #75
cobra281

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkorin View Post
Whens the last time you heard anything good about the police? It's not sensational, its not popular, its not good news.

Imagine this one. Your the popo, on your way home after a 10-12 hr shift you roll up on a car crash. both cars are screwed the three people in 2 cars are all tore up. As you call for help, one of the cars catches fire. Without hesitation, you enter the burning car, pry the poor squished loose (getting knows what infested blood all over you) and drag him to safety.

What is your reward? Some a$ comes up and starts that he's been stuck in traffic while you've "been jerking off." Your tell him what for, and send him back to his car. Guess you should have arrested him for interfering with an investigation, because when you come back the next day, you've got a to meet with your supervisor because you've got a complaint.

Where was the news cameras then? wheres the drivers posting up their thanks? There are none. Because people love to talk about "the suck."

So yeah, it is rare. But we the public would rather talk than praise someone for a job well done.

Well said!
Old 02-13-2009, 10:07 AM   #76
Valkorin

Bike(s):
06 F4i
Stolen Big Wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
During this there are third parties yelling that they have the wrong bike/riders.

With the wrist lock, the rider had limited movement options... there was not need/requirement to pull him & the bike over. The officer got 'excited' or worked up, picked a target with limited/insufficient information and went overboard.

Check the video again. The cop saw the bike passing on the shoulder, that would be Probable cause for the stop. Yes, the ongoing pursuit did influence his actions. Finally, when is there not someone yelling you got the wrong guy?? if you believe that one try to find one guilty person in jail.
Old 02-13-2009, 10:16 AM   #77
Badzx14r
Banned

Bike(s):
2many2list

User is banned

Old 02-13-2009, 10:22 AM   #78
cobra281

Member Garage

When was the last time you put your life on the line for some total stranger?

I am beginning to think most of the people on here are against "the man" telling them what to do.

If you want to change the laws contact your congressman and change the laws.

Let's abolish the felony evading law so all you have to do is run from the cops to aviod that ticket.

Don't come crying to me when your child/friend/loved one becomes a greasy spot on the highway after some jackass tries to aviod a ticket.
Old 02-13-2009, 10:23 AM   #79
Badzx14r
Banned

Bike(s):
2many2list

User is banned

Old 02-13-2009, 10:27 AM   #80
C.Hern5972
Street Ninja Four Father

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
96 ZX7R 37k miles and still strong
2007 HD Softail
2002 Springer Classic
2007 GSXR600

Member Garage

I still think it was wrong. He atleast should have let the man dismount his ride. He stopped, put his hands up, and was abviouslt not giving the cops any reason to do this. I have made felony stops when i was a LEO. So who pays for the scratched bike? His ins. I dont believe so? He had no time to dismount his bike and i think the officer should be liable

Chris H
"I dont follow rules to well"
C.Hern5972 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement