MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2009, 12:13 AM   #21
ThomasNinja650
SSG Coleman
 
ThomasNinja650's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bryan/College Station
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 16,277

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650-R









Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlRacer View Post
You really think he intentionally pulled over the wrong guy instead of continuing to chase the 2 that were doing 130+? :sigh:
No, he pulled over the wrong guy because he was he couldn't catch the other two.
__________________
For those looking to give back to Texas and serve those in times of need, Join the Texas State Guard.
Locate a Recruiter http://www.gotxsg.com/join.php
ThomasNinja650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cop pulls gun on guy for filming (video) silverfudge Off Topic 70 08-10-2015 11:14 AM
TX COP PULLS OVER MOTORCYCLIST IN ORDER TO CONFISCATE HIS HELMET CAM ó ARRESTS HIM DSL_PWR Off Topic 6 06-25-2012 09:39 AM
Washington D.C. Cop Pulls Gun Amid Snowball Fight craigntx Off Topic 17 12-23-2009 07:00 AM
BBC Puts Wrong Guy On The Air ArturoC Off Topic 9 10-19-2006 06:31 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-12-2009, 12:14 AM   #22
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>
 
Pyrofallout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Feedback Rating: (31)
Posts: 25,364

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+






Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasNinja650 View Post
No, he pulled over the wrong guy because he was he couldn't catch the other two.
thats a bit farfetched. you were there, you witnessed this?
__________________
ďA government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have.Ē
"The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases."
-Thomas Jefferson
Pyrofallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 12:14 AM   #23
DvlRacer
cerca trova
 
DvlRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Feedback Rating: (52)
Posts: 16,506







Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrofallout View Post
he admitted he mistaken the guy for being part of the group. he never admitted he was wrong, in fact he argued he was in the right, for yanking the guy off the bike instantly when it was unnecessary and not even possible for the guy to dismount with the chick still on the back as he was trying to put his kickstand down.
Cop ordered the female off the bike. I agree he did not give the operator sufficient opportunity to get off the bike but I'm pretty sure he wanted the dude in his total control the entire time. Maybe ****tard shouldn't pass people on the shoulder when there's cops around.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob78 View Post
nothing goes unmoderated....
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 12:15 AM   #24
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>
 
Pyrofallout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Feedback Rating: (31)
Posts: 25,364

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+






Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlRacer View Post
Cop ordered the female off the bike. I agree he did not give the operator sufficient opportunity to get off the bike but I'm pretty sure he wanted the dude in his total control the entire time. Maybe ****tard shouldn't pass people on the shoulder when there's cops around.
passing on the shoulder or not, didn't give the cop the right to do what he did IMO.
__________________
ďA government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have.Ē
"The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases."
-Thomas Jefferson
Pyrofallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 12:16 AM   #25
DvlRacer
cerca trova
 
DvlRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Feedback Rating: (52)
Posts: 16,506







Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasNinja650 View Post
No, he pulled over the wrong guy because he was he couldn't catch the other two.
That's my guess. Cops usually risk their careers arresting the wrong people just because they couldn't catch the real bad guy. So I'd say it's safe to apply that logic to all situations including this one.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob78 View Post
nothing goes unmoderated....
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 12:17 AM   #26
ThomasNinja650
SSG Coleman
 
ThomasNinja650's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bryan/College Station
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 16,277

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650-R









Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrofallout View Post
thats a bit farfetched. you were there, you witnessed this?
Yes Mr. Negative, as a matter of fact. I was one of the two doing 130! I turned around and came by laughing because the cockbite was tearing some old dude off his bike.
__________________
For those looking to give back to Texas and serve those in times of need, Join the Texas State Guard.
Locate a Recruiter http://www.gotxsg.com/join.php
ThomasNinja650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 12:17 AM   #27
DvlRacer
cerca trova
 
DvlRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Feedback Rating: (52)
Posts: 16,506







Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrofallout View Post
passing on the shoulder or not, didn't give the cop the right to do what he did IMO.
The cop thought the guy had committed felony evading, how would you have liked to see this play out? He made a mistake, he admitted his mistake, the guy was in the wrong place at the wrong time and was still allegedly driving like a jackass with his woman on the back. Plus he looked like a total fruitbag.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob78 View Post
nothing goes unmoderated....
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 12:19 AM   #28
ParAvion
Mr. Misanthrope
 
ParAvion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 797












Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlRacer View Post
You really think he intentionally pulled over the wrong guy instead of continuing to chase the 2 that were doing 130+? :sigh:
I realize the mistake of pulling over the wrong person but then yanking the guy off the bike with the chick on the back even after he has his hands up and at a complete stop with a cop behind him and to the side. C"MON!!! totally unnecessary. Lot of times you see violence against cops that is totally unavoidable if just some respect is shown. I've walked away from plenty of fights myself by diffusing the situation before it erupts into total chaos. Lot of cops could put themselves and the public into a lot less danger if they just learned how to talk respectfully to someone. I know many times you gotta yell and command etc but I see simple traffic situations where the cop comes out all hot headed screaming at the person like he is their dad and they are a child. You know what F**K them is what I says when I see that happen.
ParAvion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 12:19 AM   #29
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>
 
Pyrofallout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Feedback Rating: (31)
Posts: 25,364

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+






Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlRacer View Post
The cop thought the guy had committed felony evading, how would you have liked to see this play out? He made a mistake, he admitted his mistake, the guy was in the wrong place at the wrong time and was still allegedly driving like a jackass with his woman on the back. Plus he looked like a total fruitbag.

oh, i didnt notice the fruitbag part. by all means. give the guy the chair then, stupid fruitbag.







__________________
ďA government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have.Ē
"The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases."
-Thomas Jefferson
Pyrofallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 12:21 AM   #30
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>
 
Pyrofallout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Feedback Rating: (31)
Posts: 25,364

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+






Member Garage





but for the record, there were plenty of ways this could have ended without yanking the guy of the bike. i just wish he would have done it faster and pulled the bike down on top of the passenger. then he just might lose his job.
__________________
ďA government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have.Ē
"The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases."
-Thomas Jefferson
Pyrofallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 12:23 AM   #31
DvlRacer
cerca trova
 
DvlRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Feedback Rating: (52)
Posts: 16,506







Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by ParAvion View Post
I realize the mistake of pulling over the wrong person but then yanking the guy off the bike with the chick on the back even after he has his hands up and at a complete stop with a cop behind him and to the side. C"MON!!! totally unnecessary. Lot of times you see violence against cops that is totally unavoidable if just some respect is shown. I've walked away from plenty of fights myself by diffusing the situation before it erupts into total chaos. Lot of cops could put themselves and the public into a lot less danger if they just learned how to talk respectfully to someone. I know many times you gotta yell and command etc but I see simple traffic situations where the cop comes out all hot headed screaming at the person like he is their dad and they are a child. You know what F**K them is what I says when I see that happen.
I stopped reading after the first sentence since the rest had nothing to do with this cop and this video. But...you still think he should be fired?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob78 View Post
nothing goes unmoderated....
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 12:26 AM   #32
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>
 
Pyrofallout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Feedback Rating: (31)
Posts: 25,364

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+






Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlRacer View Post
I stopped reading after the first sentence since the rest had nothing to do with this cop and this video. But...you still think he should be fired?
how do you know it had nothing to do with the video if you didn't read it?





__________________
ďA government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have.Ē
"The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases."
-Thomas Jefferson
Pyrofallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 12:27 AM   #33
DvlRacer
cerca trova
 
DvlRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Feedback Rating: (52)
Posts: 16,506







Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrofallout View Post
but for the record, there were plenty of ways this could have ended without yanking the guy of the bike. i just wish he would have done it faster and pulled the bike down on top of the passenger. then he just might lose his job.
How do you think this should have played out (be sure to have the cop's safety in mind)? It was a justified stop, the cop made a mistake, partially because the guy he came up on was driving like a jackass. The guy ordered the woman off the back, gave her time to get off, then took down the driver. The man had his day in court and faced no penalty, he will more than likely be paid for any damages as well. The end.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob78 View Post
nothing goes unmoderated....
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 12:31 AM   #34
DvlRacer
cerca trova
 
DvlRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Feedback Rating: (52)
Posts: 16,506







Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrofallout View Post
how do you know it had nothing to do with the video if you didn't read it?





Ok, I admit I did read it, that was my way of saying that it had nothing to do with the actual topic. Start a new thread if you want to discuss police community relations.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob78 View Post
nothing goes unmoderated....
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 12:31 AM   #35
JMAC
Senior Member
 
JMAC's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Spring
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,896


Bike(s):
Ninja









Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlRacer View Post
How do you think this should have played out (be sure to have the cop's safety in mind)? It was a justified stop, the cop made a mistake, partially because the guy he came up on was driving like a jackass. The guy ordered the woman off the back, gave her time to get off, then took down the driver. The man had his day in court and faced no penalty, he will more than likely be paid for any damages as well. The end.
I see your point, but you would probably be singing a different tune if it was you that was yanked off your bike while you had your hands up in the air.
And the cop made that up to justify his poor decision making
JMAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 12:32 AM   #36
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>
 
Pyrofallout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Feedback Rating: (31)
Posts: 25,364

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+






Member Garage





for the record, the guy should NOT be fired for what actually happened, but his response when asked about his use of force he said "he did not strike the suspect". ok no one said you struck him, but you pulled him off the bike like he had just kidnapped and raped a lil girl. really? that was necessary?
__________________
ďA government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have.Ē
"The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases."
-Thomas Jefferson
Pyrofallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 12:32 AM   #37
DvlRacer
cerca trova
 
DvlRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Feedback Rating: (52)
Posts: 16,506







Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by JMAC View Post
I see your point, but you would probably be singing a different tune if it was you that was yanked off your bike while you had your hands up in the air.
And the cop made that up to justify his poor decision making
Are you friends with this cop? The way you people assume is amazing. By amazing, I mean really annoying.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob78 View Post
nothing goes unmoderated....
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 12:32 AM   #38
The_Gunslinger
Kamakasi
 
The_Gunslinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: southeast houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 591

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'07 zx6r
'02 xr250r








cop

i know some people that became cops...unfortunately, they were the kids that got too many swirleys.
The_Gunslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 12:36 AM   #39
DvlRacer
cerca trova
 
DvlRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Feedback Rating: (52)
Posts: 16,506







Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Gunslinger View Post

i know some people that became cops...unfortunately, they were the kids that got too many swirleys.
I think you should buy this one:

http://www.beststungun.com/streetwis...-stun-gun.html

It's small enough to conceal in your jacket for those times when you need quick access when being wrongfully manhandled by law enforcement.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob78 View Post
nothing goes unmoderated....
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 12:38 AM   #40
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>
 
Pyrofallout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Feedback Rating: (31)
Posts: 25,364

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+






Member Garage





all and all, both the driver and the LEO made faults, should the cop really lose his job, no, should there be a record made so that if this kind of thing happens again it will be previously documented, yes, should the state pay for the repairs to that bike, yes.
__________________
ďA government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have.Ē
"The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases."
-Thomas Jefferson
Pyrofallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:44 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy