MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2009, 12:02 AM   #61
cdill35

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

RIP homie.
cdill35 is online now   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RIP customminds General Discussion (Moto Related) 26 07-23-2012 07:29 PM
RIP Mkgsxr RIP Morvegil Renzo Off Topic 60 02-16-2012 11:12 PM
RIP Rachy Rach General Discussion (Moto Related) 41 05-14-2011 05:36 AM
RODERICK's Funeral Arraingments batman007 General Discussion (Moto Related) 63 02-18-2009 10:59 AM
Astar RIP Ride for Roderick!! Feb. 15. black240 Events, Meets and Rides 38 02-12-2009 05:48 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-12-2009, 12:03 AM   #62
RojerLockless
member of NO MA`AM

Feedback Rating: (10)

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
Honda CB919

Member Garage

I remember this thread the day he posted it.. that sucks he left us this way.

RojerLockless@Motohouston.com
BRING BACK GIXXERBILL!!!
CRBsig 2
RojerLockless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 12:03 AM   #63
ParAvion
Mr. Misanthrope

Feedback Rating: (0)

Hang around the scene. I used to work in insurance and a lot of times the way people would get caught is they would roll by past the accident scene trying to find debris or their lost license plate or whatever or just to check out the carnage.
ParAvion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 12:08 AM   #64
gixxergirloh2
~*~*~*~*~

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
gsxr 600

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksaveme View Post
Also, if anyone knows his family, the cops were asking us if we could notify the next of kin, they couldn't get anything off of him since it was a crime scene... that's what the cop said. He was with 3 other bikes
i just got in contact with someone who knows his best friend and they will call his family....i was one of the people with him.....roderick is one of the funniest guys you would meet. always dancin. he always had some funny stuff to say. He had me laughin tonight before we left. i have never lost a friend. this is really hitting home and very sad.
Old 02-12-2009, 12:11 AM   #65
Stacy
One day at a time!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
99 Ninja 250
04 Honda f4i

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxergirloh2 View Post
i just got in contact with someone who knows his best friend and they will call his family....i was one of the people with him.....roderick is one of the funniest guys you would meet. always dancin. he always had some funny stuff to say. He had me laughin tonight before we left. i have never lost a friend. this is really hitting home and very sad.
April, you're in my thoughts. You were the first person I was worried about after I got the call. If you need anything girl, don't hesitate to call, day or night if you just need a shoulder let me know.
Old 02-12-2009, 12:15 AM   #66
TheMagicMan
SBN Mechanic

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
'97-DR650 '01-RC51 '03-XR250R '83-XR80R '93-XR80R '03-XR50

Wow. RIP. Very sad. I can only imagine how you are feeling April.
TheMagicMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 12:22 AM   #67
GrayJ
Do a barrel roll!

Bike(s):
2004 SV650
1998 Shadow 1100
2005 CRF450R tard
2007 CRF50
Yamaha PW 50

Very sorry to hear, RIP

Thoughts go out to the family
GrayJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 12:23 AM   #68
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Feedback Rating: (31)

Experience: 5 years

Member Garage

Sad to hear. RIP man.
Pyrofallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 12:26 AM   #69
S.D.W.
...Ready

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2011 ZX10 Racebike
2010 Crf450r
2009 zx6 race bike
2009 ttr110

Very sad state of affairs. Rest in Peace brother. May be with you
Old 02-12-2009, 12:29 AM   #70
chasee69
ballin' outta control!

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
CRF 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio View Post
Go easy Rodrick..

Chase,
Please let us know if theres anything the family needs bro.

I'm sad to say i never met the guy and i dont know his family.

I know his girlfriend from school . i text her unknowing that she hadn't heard the knows letting her know my thought were with her.

like i said before if anyone has any real relevant info please let me know or text me and ill let her know. im sure she could forward it to his family. thanks

ducatisignature
chasee69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 12:36 AM   #71
Article91
Tattoo - Piercing

I want to share this information with you guys..

My mother was traveling north bound on I45 and at approximately 8:00pm to 8:10pm she had 3 sport bikes pass her to her left, they then went from the far left lane to the center right lane. They proceeded from the center right lane to the far left lane swerving in and out of traffic and continued north bound. Next another sport bike approaches in the far left lane, did not appear to be speeding, he continued north bound in the far left lane. The very next vehicle behind the 4th bike was an officer with his lights on. The 4th bike stayed in the far left lane the officer moved to the left center lane passing the bike. By this time the first 3 bikes, which where obviously speeding, were out of site and the officer appeared to be in pursuit of the first 3 bikes. On her right appeared a 5th bike. She noticed the rider had on a helmet and was in all dark clothing (possibly leathers?) and had a red emblem on his shoulder. The 5th bike was not speeding and was going with the flow of traffic, the rider stood up on the pegs as if he was trying to see what was going on in the distance. She looked away and looked right back and saw a vehicle light in color, I will continue in her words: "...I saw the vehicle climb over the motorcycle and rider, something dark went to the left on the road there were no sparks from this dark object. The next thing I saw was a light color car that had taken the 610 east exit and appeared to be possibly dragging something metal because there where sparks flying everywhere.." The car she is describing would be along the lines of a Toyota Solara or similar in shape and size. The officer was pulled over further north on i45 she does not know for a fact if he had pulled over the first 3 bikes or not.
She wants to make sure it is known that the 5th rider was not acting stupid in any way at the time of the accident.

She has already contacted the police and will be possibly speaking with an investigator tomorrow.
I hope this helps.

Ricky
Article91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 12:37 AM   #72
dirtybaydj

Bike(s):
03 Gixxer 750

Sad 2 hear

I didn't know him, but I saw it on the news tonight. Hate to hear about a loss of a fellow rider and he sounds like a great guy. RIP bro.
dirtybaydj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 12:41 AM   #73
batman007

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
2006 R6S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Article91 View Post

My mother was traveling north bound on I45 and at approximately 8:00pm to 8:10pm she had 3 sport bikes pass her to her left, they then went from the far left lane to the center right lane. They proceeded from the center right lane to the far left lane swerving in and out of traffic and continued north bound. Next another sport bike approaches in the far left lane, did not appear to be speeding, he continued north bound in the far left lane. The very next vehicle behind the 4th bike was an officer with his lights on. The 4th bike stayed in the far left lane the officer moved to the left center lane passing the bike. By this time the first 3 bikes, which where obviously speeding, were out of site and the officer appeared to be in pursuit of the first 3 bikes. On her right appeared a 5th bike. She noticed the rider had on a helmet and was in all dark clothing (possibly leathers?) and had a red emblem on his shoulder. The 5th bike was not speeding and was going with the flow of traffic, the rider stood up on the pegs as if he was trying to see what was going on in the distance. She looked away and looked right back and saw a vehicle light in color, I will continue in her words: "...I saw the vehicle climb over the motorcycle and rider, something dark went to the left on the road there were no sparks from this dark object. The next thing I saw was a light color car that had taken the 610 east exit and appeared to be possibly dragging something metal because there where sparks flying everywhere.." The car she is describing would be along the lines of a Toyota Solara or similar in shape and size. The officer was pulled over further north on i45 she does not know for a fact if he had pulled over the first 3 bikes or not.
She wants to make sure it is known that the 5th rider was not acting stupid in any way at the time of the accident.

She has already contacted the police and will be possibly speaking with an investigator tomorrow.
I hope this helps.

Ricky
Thanks for the info
Old 02-12-2009, 12:44 AM   #74
2001GSXR750_DW
RIP Roderick "Roger"

Bike(s):
2008 ZX14
2001 GSXR 750 - Sold

I didnt know Roderick on a personal level, but I did ride with him almost every Wednesday night. And yes just from what i could tell he was a great guy, he always had a smile on his face.

You will definitely be missed.
Old 02-12-2009, 12:44 AM   #75
El_Diablo

Bike(s):
666 hellzuki

Send a message via Yahoo to El_Diablo
RIP
El_Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 12:47 AM   #76
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid

Feedback Rating: (13)

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet
'89 Yamaha FZR400 Trackbike
'83 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk
'07 Step-2 (ok, it's my daughter's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Article91 View Post

I hope this helps.

Ricky

That's really good info, Ricky. I don't think this cowardly scum will get very far, and hopefully that info, combined with a posible License plate, will allow the cops will find this person soon enough.

RIP to Roderick.
FlipSideUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 12:52 AM   #77
Tony1K
CMRA #721

Feedback Rating: (20)

Bike(s):
2015 Aprilia RSV4 Factory Race Bike
2011 YZ450F Dirt
2015 Honda Grom

Rip... I passed the accident on my way to pp1, didnt know anyone was serriously injured... sorry to hear...
Old 02-12-2009, 12:53 AM   #78
miraculous dan
Quality tuna fish.

Feedback Rating: (6)

Bike(s):
Honda VFR

RIP. shame when someone loses their life over somebody else's mistake.
Old 02-12-2009, 12:56 AM   #79
Scatter

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 4-8 months

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasee69 View Post
i just called his girlfriend to let her know how sorry i was and she had no idea what happened. i had to break the news to her. im sweating so bad i never imagined i would be the one to let her know
i can't even imagine having to do something like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxergirloh2 View Post
I'm glad you are ok. i was extremely worried about you after our phone call from Tony.
Scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 12:58 AM   #80
Champ DP

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
07 CBR 600rr

Sad to hear.. RIP
Champ DP is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement