Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2009, 07:59 AM   #41
bentgixxer

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
I has no bike :(
'14 Polaris 550 touring

Send a message via Yahoo to bentgixxer
go get the title in your name. i.e. bonded title, standard title swap.

then go back to the PD, and report it stolen. I seriously doubt they will remember you went the first time.
We'll call it Corpsefish and Horsenuts.
bentgixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sweet end to a stolen bike story-stolen in 1967 grsa General Discussion (Moto Related) 1 11-05-2013 11:09 PM
CBR 900RR petah50 General Discussion (Moto Related) 13 09-15-2010 06:21 PM
*** need help with my 900RR *** greentegr6 General Discussion (Moto Related) 9 06-04-2008 10:05 PM
My 900RR GABRIEL General Discussion (Moto Related) 0 07-25-2007 12:30 AM
Brianna, Me, and the 900rr Solracer General Discussion (Moto Related) 35 06-26-2006 06:08 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-10-2009, 08:43 AM   #42
FJRmgm

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Yamaha FJR 1300
Honda CBR 954RR
Yamaha WR250R

went to the guys apartment and saw the TV he came to my place saw the bike adn it was just a verbal deal pretty much, the day we traded was the day it snowed so he didnt bring the tv in the truck and we agreed he would bring it first thenig in the morning.

Wow, how incredibly........[fill in the blank]........of you...
FJRmgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 09:44 AM   #43
kawasakijockey
Crotchrocket Scientist

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2007 zx14
2002 cbr954
1977 kz1000

You are probably gonna get yourself in more of a legal bind if you transfer that title into your name now that the other guy claims ownership of the bike,as in jail time. I sold a bike to a guy (idiot#1) and he didnt transfer the title and sold it to someone else (idiot#2) who owed him the aftermarket pipe back after the oem one was replaced. Until then idiot#1 kept the title. But wait, it thickens. I sold idiot#1 the bike but he was 50 bucks short so I gave him the title but would not sign it until he brought me my 50 bucks with a bill of sale stating so and he signed it. Well, I knew I would never see that guy again and that he would forge my sig to the title. It was only 50 bucks and I asked more than I was wanting for the bike by 200 bucks so I let it go like no big deal. A year goes by and idiot#2 calls me saying he cant get in touch with idiot#1 about the title and asked if I would go claim a lost title and sign it over. He had two sworn witnesses with a stamp from a notary stating he had bought the bike with no title from idiot#1 and also had a handwritten bill of sale. I go to idiot#1's house with idiot#2 to clear this all up and the wife says idiot#1 is in jail and that the bike deal was a done transaction and I could get idiot#2 the lost title, all of this we wrote down and had the wife sign also. I do my part to get the thing out of my name and get this all over with. Idiot#1 gets out of jail a few months later and repo's the bike from idiot#2, he still has the title I gave him that he has now forged my name to. Long story short, idiot#1 goes to jail for theft and I have to go to the police station to do signature comparisons and present the bill of sale and the signed testimony with idiot#2 who didnt come in the first two times he was supposed to. If it wasnt for signed witness statements I would have been jailed too. I pretty much committed an illegal act signing the title over. There is a form I should have turned in to the state once I let go of the title originally.
Anyway, before you do anything you better find out who's name the title is in first because he could have gone to the original owner.
kawasakijockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 09:54 AM   #44
Quicksilver

Experience: 9-12 months

Bike(s):
2008 Suzuki Half-a-busa
Harley Davidson Fatboy / Fatbob (April 18, 2009)

Can we find out the age of the original poster, because this story is becoming depressing by the minute. I just want to qualify it with either young and dumb or old and senile. This story has the old okie doke at every turn. Now you are trying to pull off a commando raid into the enemy territory. Somebody has been watching too much TV lately.
Just cowboy up and locate the guy and have a face to face talk. I would tell him that if I don't see my shiznit (TV or bike) in 24hrs, that it will be raining fire and brimstone like he has ever seen in his lifetime.
If that doesn't work, you should stake out the place that you know he is located and follow him while taking notes. Then the next day take pictures of yourself infront of his job, his apartment, his kid's school and his girl's place and send it to him. His friends knows where he is, give it too them.
You will get this mess cleared up real fast.
Old 02-10-2009, 10:00 AM   #45
GABRIEL

Feedback Rating: (14)

Experience: 1-3 months

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
Can we find out the age of the original poster, because this story is becoming depressing by the minute. I just want to qualify it with either young and dumb or old and senile. This story has the old okie doke at every turn. Now you are trying to pull off a commando raid into the enemy territory. Somebody has been watching too much TV lately.
Just cowboy up and locate the guy and have a face to face talk. I would tell him that if I don't see my shiznit (TV or bike) in 24hrs, that it will be raining fire and brimstone like he has ever seen in his lifetime.
If that doesn't work, you should stake out the place that you know he is located and follow him while taking notes. Then the next day take pictures of yourself infront of his job, his apartment, his kid's school and his girl's place and send it to him. His friends knows where he is, give it too them.
You will get this mess cleared up real fast.
IDIOT
GABRIEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 10:00 AM   #46
GABRIEL

Feedback Rating: (14)

Experience: 1-3 months

GABRIEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 10:16 AM   #47
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
what's that bike worth? Maybe $1500? Dumb move letting it go without getting your end of the deal. Maybe consider it a relatively expensive lesson learned? If you have a bill of sale, an old title, and "know" where the bike is located, I don't see why the police won't help you out. Take them with you to the storage facility, get the cops to open up the door, if the bike is there, take it home with ya.
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 10:23 AM   #48
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

The cops will not open the door. J/L with that.
bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 10:26 AM   #49
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewave18 View Post
The cops will not open the door. J/L with that.
J/L with that? My internet lingo is lacking. and why wouldn't the cops help him out?
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 10:58 AM   #50
houstonch73
Banned

Feedback Rating: (1)

Send a message via Yahoo to houstonch73
User is banned

houstonch73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 10:59 AM   #51
C.Hern5972
Street Ninja Four Father

Bike(s):
96 ZX7R 37k miles and still strong
2007 HD Softail
2002 Springer Classic
2007 GSXR600

Member Garage

if you know where it is and you have the title, have them come ut for a civil stand by to get your property. thats the correct way to do it

Chris H
"I dont follow rules to well"
C.Hern5972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 11:01 AM   #52
houstonch73
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to houstonch73
User is banned

houstonch73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 11:18 AM   #53
Quicksilver

Bike(s):
2008 Suzuki Half-a-busa

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonch73 View Post
I'm willing to be that Quicksilver is just ****ing w/ the OP to get him locked up and this mess all over with.

Instead of going to this trouble, just take a pic of the dudes house or find a pic of his family, put on your best dark suit and glasses, walk in without saying anything and show him the pic then in your best Italian accent state you expect the bike in front of your place in the morning. Then light the pic on fire with a lighter and drop it on his desk. <then cue the sopranos theme song and walk out>
Heyyyyy!!! Don't knock it until you try it. This entire post has been about going about the recovery by physical means and I was suggesting doing what the US Army has a special branch for. Psychological Warfare. You won't have to fire a single shot or be physical. The enemy will surrender due to utter paranoia, lack of sleep and constant fear of the unknown. I'm for real. The problem is that he has already exposed his plan, so it is no longer a surprise to the enemy. Ambushing is no longer an option. Stop looking for the guy and look for his friends. Show them the "A-bomb" (photos) and they will relay the message to him. Show them your intel reports and they will definitely have the story sounding "real good" for you. Within 48hrs, I bet he will be contacting you.
Nothing illegal about these countermeasures, you can take photos of yourself in front of any buildings open to the public.
Old 02-10-2009, 02:16 PM   #54
Da9tegra

Bike(s):
97 Honda CBR600F3
96 Yamaha YZF600R
01 Kawasaki Ninja 250ex
02 Suzuki Fiddy

Wow yet again you guys twisted everything up.

1. Not once did I ever say I knew exactly where the bike is lonut rather a general area where it is highly possible at so as someone in that area could keep an eye outband let me know if they see it around.

2. I never said I knew were the guy lived, he took me to an apartment to see the tv but that doesn't mean it was his apartment. I haven't seen his vehicle there since.

3. I never said I wanted to raid the guy, another member suggested to get a couple guys together and get it back, I said I would be ok with that and help as much as I can.
Da9tegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 02:37 PM   #55
Quicksilver

Bike(s):
2008 Suzuki Half-a-busa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da9tegra View Post
Wow yet again you guys twisted everything up.

1. Not once did I ever say I knew exactly where the bike is lonut rather a general area where it is highly possible at so as someone in that area could keep an eye outband let me know if they see it around.

2. I never said I knew were the guy lived, he took me to an apartment to see the tv but that doesn't mean it was his apartment. I haven't seen his vehicle there since.

3. I never said I wanted to raid the guy, another member suggested to get a couple guys together and get it back, I said I would be ok with that and help as much as I can.

Twisted???
1. According to that, I could offer my services to do surveillance at a nominal fee of course.

2. According to that, then why would agree to terms if you had the same doubt that you are suggesting now. huh????

3. According to that, a couple of guys, getting it back and Ok-ing it and providing support...sounds like a raid in my book or the US Army.
Old 02-10-2009, 02:49 PM   #56
Quicksilver

Bike(s):
2008 Suzuki Half-a-busa

Don't get me wrong, everyone is trying to help you get your stuff back. Some suggest conventional ways and I have suggested the unconventional warfare strategy that is all. But in a nutshell, it sounds to me (my opinion) that you are just scared to make a move. Be decisive and just GO. Do what ever you feel is the least risk in your opinion. Looking for an accomplice is not smart in my book.
Old 02-12-2009, 01:12 PM   #57
mikes-si

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2006 kawasaki zx-6r

I saw a bike that looked exactly like this.. but it wasnt a 900rr lol I was ready to pop a fool!
mikes-si is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement