MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2009, 06:21 PM   #41
Guitar Man
Keep moving!!!!>>>>>>>>>>

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2013 Suzuki V Strom DL650 22,000 miles
09 Yamaha FZ6 59,651 miles (RIP)
07 Yamaha FZ6 39,668 miles (RIP)
73 Triumph Tiger 750
Cannondale Quick CX4 (Pedal Powaa!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipSideUp View Post
I almost always keep my streetbike spotless. Cleaning and detailing it myself is a part of the experience, and I enjoy doing it. If I see even a speck of dirt on it before I go for a ride, I take out the Honda Polish & microfiber cloth and wipe it clean.
I'm a little different in that I like to wipe the bike down after a ride instead of before. I do let my bike go sometimes, but when it gets easy to see the grime time to wash.

I bought my bike with the full intent of riding the out of it. I'm a real utility type of guy. I don't knock anyone for buying a bike and only riding it once a week. What I don't like is the attitude that Harley Davidson should be the only bike allowed on the planet. When someone starts that to me it really shows the level of their maturity and I have to walk away.
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Harley Riders lance8563 General Discussion (Moto Related) 34 08-13-2013 04:33 PM
darn Harley riders!!! exlaverda General Discussion (Moto Related) 20 01-12-2008 02:59 AM
harley riders crack me up sometimes. Azylum General Discussion (Moto Related) 130 08-18-2007 05:17 AM
Harley riders train460 General Discussion (Moto Related) 13 01-06-2007 06:51 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-09-2009, 06:26 PM   #42
qwezy

different bikes r different riding choices
diff places-routes-groups r diff riding styles
what is a "serious riding" to each of us mean ??? may all same-different !!!
qwezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 07:11 PM   #43
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid

Feedback Rating: (13)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet
'89 Yamaha FZR400 Trackbike
'83 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk
'07 Step-2 (ok, it's my daughter's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux View Post
Why does everyone assume that I ride a sport bike?
So are we to guess you took your cruiser to the track?
FlipSideUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 07:15 PM   #44
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid

Feedback Rating: (13)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet
'89 Yamaha FZR400 Trackbike
'83 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk
'07 Step-2 (ok, it's my daughter's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Man View Post
I'm a little different in that I like to wipe the bike down after a ride instead of before. I do let my bike go sometimes, but when it gets easy to see the grime time to wash.

I bought my bike with the full intent of riding the out of it. I'm a real utility type of guy. I don't knock anyone for buying a bike and only riding it once a week. What I don't like is the attitude that Harley Davidson should be the only bike allowed on the planet. When someone starts that to me it really shows the level of their maturity and I have to walk away.
It goes both ways. There are sportbike riders who think their the real motorcyclist vs. HDs or cruisers (as is evidenced even in this thread), and even between HD Owners vs Metric Cruiser Owners, and so on... and so on.

It's the individuals who buy the bikes, and not so much the bikes themselves. I'm sure the same attitudes carry over into every other aspect of human life, and it's all the same bs.
FlipSideUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 09:45 PM   #45
wantabuell
repsol motor oil only

Bike(s):
00 Suzuki Katana

hahaha, wow redux, can't believe you actually went through with this. i guess you have to be there to understand this, i'm usually the last to judge(i have a sport bike and a cruiser), and there is nothing wrong with a clean bike. But almost everyone there, was squiding it up in there expensive Harley gear (they all look the same), bikes were spotless, and very very low miles, but thats not the bad thing, its there attitudes, a) like they own the place b) like all they ever do is ride their bikes c) like Harleys are the only real bikes. Harley owners are the ONLY people that never wave back. like having a Harley automatically puts them above me. i wave at mopeds when i get the chance.
anyway, i had a great time, its nice to be with people that you share something in common with, not to mention the food was great. Yankees for the win!!!!
wantabuell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 10:05 PM   #46
TexasPsyclone
Leah's

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
Honda CX500 and VF1100C (Those were last century)
87 HD FXLR (Gave her up)
03 ZX7R
94 HD FXLR
Cannondale R600 & Killer V900 (1HP....thats Human Power)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux View Post
Weird. In the end I guess I ended up looking like an . I just don't get people who buy attitudes to the tune of $10k
I understand some of what you were saying. I guess my point (and the reason it ruffled my feathers a little) is that not every HD rider fits into your conclusion. I have an open mind towards all riders. I started on Honda. I'm on my second Harley. I always knew I'd own a sport bike, and now I do. I catch quite a bit of from the HD guys for my obsession with my sport bike. I guess I just wish everyone could see it through my eyes for a day. I understand exactly why both sides think they are the sh*t. Cause both ARE the sh*t!

Quote:
It goes both ways. There are sportbike riders who think their the real motorcyclist vs. HDs or cruisers (as is evidenced even in this thread), and even between HD Owners vs Metric Cruiser Owners, and so on... and so on.
+1
So true! What cracks me up the most, is the METRIC cruiser riders who won't wave to me on the Ninja, when I have a HD back home in the garage. Meanwhile, they have American Flag stickers and patches or maybe even an actual flag waving from their import ride. WTF is that all about?? I just have to
"The average street rider, feels he/she is an "above average" street rider... the majority are NOT. (they think they are, but they are not) straight up. The ones that are, typically don't show it, or don't know it....or are getting paid big bucks for it." - GAU-8
sigpic9903 2
TexasPsyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 10:51 PM   #47
StewRat
Hive Investigator

2003 CRF230
2011 Aprilia Dorsoduro 1200
2012 Kawasaki KLR650

This sounds like the personal battle going on in my head right now. I just moved to Houston and found out my Yammabobber isn't legal due to lack of turn signals, so I figure what better time to do a complete rebuild. Now I really like the look of the sport bikes, and I like the feel too, but I know I probably wont actually race one, is that so wrong?
StewRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 11:00 PM   #48
Guitar Man
Keep moving!!!!>>>>>>>>>>

Bike(s):
2013 Suzuki V Strom DL650 22,000 miles
09 Yamaha FZ6 59,651 miles (RIP)
07 Yamaha FZ6 39,668 miles (RIP)
73 Triumph Tiger 750
Cannondale Quick CX4 (Pedal Powaa!!)

Quote:

It's the individuals who buy the bikes, and not so much the bikes themselves. I'm sure the same attitudes carry over into every other aspect of human life, and it's all the same bs.
True enough. There are some twisted attitudes out there.

I like all kinds of bikes. If it has two wheels I like it.
Old 02-09-2009, 11:04 PM   #49
houstonch73
Banned

Feedback Rating: (1)

Send a message via Yahoo to houstonch73
User is banned

houstonch73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 11:10 PM   #50
KEITH HUBBARD
JOKERMAN

Bike(s):
1300 V STAR YAMAHA
KZ 650 KAWASAKI
HONDA CB 550
TS125 SUZUKI
HARLEY DAVIDSON 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by morvegil View Post
Apparently you've never heard of a Vrod.
I keep my bike clean , it is new
I ride as often as I can.
I can appreciate a nice clean bike,regardless if it is a sport bike ,harley, or metric.
Nothing looks better than a nice clean bike rollin or a parking lot \ bar full of nice clean bikes or cars.
I just don't knock any bikes reagrdless of brand or style.
Just get out & " ride it like you stole it " , if even only on weekends.
Vrods are hot !
I have seen some very nice bikes on this board.
The way I see it ,is ride when you can & ride with pride.
Old 02-09-2009, 11:39 PM   #51
TexasPsyclone
Leah's

Bike(s):
87 HD FXLR (Gave her up)
03 ZX7R
94 HD FXLR

Quote:
Originally Posted by StewRat View Post
This sounds like the personal battle going on in my head right now. I just moved to Houston and found out my Yammabobber isn't legal due to lack of turn signals, so I figure what better time to do a complete rebuild. Now I really like the look of the sport bikes, and I like the feel too, but I know I probably wont actually race one, is that so wrong?
Like I said before - the Ninja is my own personal roller coaster. It's fun as . I can tell I'm gonna want to get it to a track day. I already find myself looking over craigs-list and thinking "that would make a pretty good track bike". But even if I never do - I sure am glad I decided to go both routes. Now I'm going to go put some miles on my 1hp (human power) Cannondale. MS150 is in 10 weeks. Yikes!
"The average street rider, feels he/she is an "above average" street rider... the majority are NOT. (they think they are, but they are not) straight up. The ones that are, typically don't show it, or don't know it....or are getting paid big bucks for it." - GAU-8
sigpic9903 2
Old 02-09-2009, 11:39 PM   #52
StewRat
Hive Investigator

2003 CRF230
2012 Kawasaki KLR650

Which places would you recommend that might be ok with hand signals? Also, how would I get my bike registered if I have no inspection, this is all very complicated coming from a state where you just show up with cash and a title.
Old 02-09-2009, 11:42 PM   #53
TexasPsyclone
Leah's

Bike(s):
87 HD FXLR (Gave her up)
03 ZX7R
94 HD FXLR

Quote:
Which places would you recommend that might be ok with hand signals? Also, how would I get my bike registered if I have no inspection, this is all very complicated coming from a state where you just show up with cash and a title.
They don't require inspection for title. Just proof of insurance and the signed title, title application and some cash.
sigpic9903 2
Old 02-09-2009, 11:51 PM   #54
KEITH HUBBARD
JOKERMAN

Bike(s):
1300 V STAR YAMAHA
KZ 650 KAWASAKI
HONDA CB 550
TS125 SUZUKI
HARLEY DAVIDSON 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaligoneTx View Post
Many only use it for weekend excursions.

Much like all the matching HD gear etc. Its their money and their release. To each their own.

Its like groups that only wear alpinestar/icon/factory gear. Its whatever. I've been called a poser. Do I care? I cried when I got home until I was dry.
Some of them are docs, lawyers, professionals, who during the week they are putting in long hours working or spending some precious time with their family [kids & SO]
They are not living at home with parents with minimal or no bills [don't want to offend anyone here that lives at home ]
Cleaning their bike can be theraputic to them from the hassles of the week.
Myself , I have been in construction for over 29 years & believe things like motorcycles, cars, outdoor stuff is a get away at my age.
I'm glad that I have never gotten tired of hanging out with cool people & talking.
Old 02-09-2009, 11:58 PM   #55
StewRat
Hive Investigator

2003 CRF230
2012 Kawasaki KLR650

I gotta say I'm kind of OCD, the routine washing my car and bike for 4 or 5 hours a week is a hobby. I like trying out new waxes and polishes and seeking out the best shine. So saying that, going somewhere where people are going to see my bike, I would definitaly have it polished to the max as a sense of ownership and pride.
Old 02-10-2009, 10:52 AM   #56
KEITH HUBBARD
JOKERMAN

Bike(s):
1300 V STAR YAMAHA
KZ 650 KAWASAKI
HONDA CB 550
TS125 SUZUKI
HARLEY DAVIDSON 50

Quote:
I gotta say I'm kind of OCD, the routine washing my car and bike for 4 or 5 hours a week is a hobby. I like trying out new waxes and polishes and seeking out the best shine. So saying that, going somewhere where people are going to see my bike, I would definitaly have it polished to the max as a sense of ownership and pride.
As Mr. McMann would say " you are correct sir "
Old 02-10-2009, 10:55 AM   #57
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasPsyclone View Post

+1
So true! What cracks me up the most, is the METRIC cruiser riders who won't wave to me on the Ninja, when I have a HD back home in the garage. Meanwhile, they have American Flag stickers and patches or maybe even an actual flag waving from their import ride. WTF is that all about?? I just have to
is HD any diff. 1/2 if not more of the bike is made from japense parts......

Quote:
. I just moved to Houston and found out my Yammabobber isn't legal due to lack of turn signals, so I figure what better time to do a complete rebuild. ?
In TX, signals are not required BUT if you have them, they must work.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 11:03 AM   #58
Challen
MSF Lead Instructor

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2000 ZX12R
2008 250R
2012 ZX10R

Quote:

Whereever you went didn't know what they were doing. Turn signals are NOT required on motorcycles in Texas. If they are on the bike, they must work, but if the bike doesn't have turn signals, it's ok.

I'm not sure why you'd want to ride a bike without them, but to each their own.
Old 02-10-2009, 11:32 AM   #59
ParAvion
Mr. Misanthrope

I put 3000 on my bike in a few months. I ride fast, take crazy turns at high speed and always keep my bike spotless you can ask anyone. I think the person who has a filthy bike that's all messed up has no respect for money, bikes, or themselves for that matter. How do you like that for a generalization?
Mad props to the harley riders who take care of their bikes. I have a nice house that I clean and mow the lawn. Am I a poser too?

Last edited by SexualChocolate; 02-10-2009 at 11:43 AM. Reason: No posting of speeding please/actual speeds.
ParAvion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 11:40 AM   #60
houstonch73
Banned

Feedback Rating: (1)

Send a message via Yahoo to houstonch73
User is banned

Last edited by SexualChocolate; 02-10-2009 at 11:43 AM. Reason: Quoted.
houstonch73 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement