Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Introduction Forum
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2009, 07:55 PM   #1
ysr_yamaha_ysr

Feedback Rating: (0)

Member Garage

ysr help

hey is there n e 1 out there that has some time or guidence to help my daughter and i put together a couple of ysrs for track time this year? i have a lot of rolling chassis and misc. parts. i will pay or maybe trade for work. also looking for running motors. ............please help us.......... thank you for reading and rid'em if u got 'em
ysr_yamaha_ysr is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
YSR Look. GABRIEL Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 41 01-28-2010 11:47 AM
ysr riders ysr_yamaha_ysr General Discussion (Moto Related) 0 03-13-2009 08:50 PM
one sick ysr bentgixxer General Discussion (Moto Related) 3 02-23-2009 03:15 AM
YSR ?s Jason_Canuck Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing 10 04-10-2008 10:21 AM
Just another YSR BigComfy Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing 2 12-23-2007 11:20 AM
Advertisement
Old 02-08-2009, 08:02 PM   #2
KaMaKaZeE_FZR!
Fighter Pilot

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
1991 Yamaha FZR 1000(almost back) somethin special to come

Member Garage

i so want one of these. i knew someone that put a lt 500 quadzilla motor in one. if you end up with an extra roller when your done id like to check it out. what all are you needing to do to get them going? as far as track bikes go, i havent built any but i raced karts, midgets, and sprints so i have built a few vehicles ready in race trim.
KaMaKaZeE_FZR! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 08:27 PM   #3
The_Gunslinger
Kamakasi

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'07 zx6r
'02 xr250r

i've got a running 250cc dirtbike engine 4 stroke/5speed

what side of town are you on?
The_Gunslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 09:31 PM   #4
gsxr005
Rocky

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2004 Yamaha YZF450 Dirtbike

Send a message via AIM to gsxr005 Send a message via Yahoo to gsxr005
Wassup! Welcome 2 MH

I ride because I want too, I ride because I need too, enough talk lets ride! Till our seats catches on fire! The faster the better! Ride it to your Limits. "I live my life quarter mile at a time and in those 10sec I'm free and nothing else matter" No BS, No hassle, No worries just me and my bike.
gsxr005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 09:39 PM   #5
ysr_yamaha_ysr

Member Garage

i stay in pasadena 225 and allen genoa
Old 02-08-2009, 09:43 PM   #6
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

can you be a little more specific on what you're looking for exactly? i may be able to help you out.
CarbonJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 09:55 PM   #7
Mr.P
Driving Duh-Bus

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

Toss the unreliable two stroke ysr motors and replace with bone stock XR100 motors. Same basic horsepower and weight, but much more torque, faster lap times, more throttle control, better mid corner hit when rolling on the gas, waaaay less maintenance, not sensitive to gear choice. On TMGP tracks you will use 2, maybe 3 gears depending on how you gear it. For kids, it's 4th gear only, no shifting, no worries. They basically bolt in with no mods to the YSR frame, just modding the XR100 front motor mount from the dirtbike. All you need to finish it up is have a straight pipe welded up. Most any muffler shop can do this for some cash, or Jemco can make a sweet custom pipe for around $150. buy the complete XR for $5-600, rob it for the motor package, resell the parts, or keep it and put it back together for dirt riding in the winter.

This is a proven formula. My buddy Stuart Fulton whips up on just about everyone on his "YXR" 100 in tmgp. I dropped from 40 seconds a lap to 37 a lap at Katy on the old short track just by swapping the xr 100 for my YSR 60 motor that I spent $800 broing, porting, polishing, carbing, gearing, piping.... A buddy then ported the XR head and we went in the 36's, my teammate into the 34's when the "unlimited" 85cc bikes were running mid 32's (all of this is hearsay of course, but you get the idea). We were able to run with all the 50cc NSR's, no problem, and a few of the 63cc modded NSR's.

Putting in anything over 100cc is hard to do, requires chopping and cutting and so forth, so stick with an XR100 or XR80 with a big bore. I think this year you can run like a 115 big bore and still be class legal in TMGP, not sure about CMRA.

Last edited by Mr.P; 02-08-2009 at 09:57 PM.
Mr.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 09:55 PM   #8
ysr_yamaha_ysr

Member Garage

heres the deal i have a total of seven ysrs in my garage. one of them is my show bike and have two more that are almost complete but no running motor .these are the ones im trying to get into racing form.i hear all these things about motor swaps and read all this good stuff on the net but when i get the money together i cant find n e thing. so now im trying to either pay some one or trade parts or something to that nature to get these bike going. maybe there is some one out there that know how to do swaps and needs a project for themselves i have some rolling chassis
Old 02-08-2009, 09:59 PM   #9
Mr.P
Driving Duh-Bus

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

I have all the parts for a conversion on shelf in my garage. You can borrow and copy at will.

in case i didn't say it clear enough...unless you like seized pistons, premixing, crank rebuilds, and utter frustration at trackday jetting and tuning issues, go four stroke. You mind and wallet will thank you.
Old 02-08-2009, 10:10 PM   #10
ysr_yamaha_ysr

Member Garage

shadman u maybe my savior .what does your schedule look like? maybe some time this week we can meet up?
Old 02-09-2009, 06:21 PM   #11
ysr_yamaha_ysr

Member Garage

thanks bigbob c u on the track soon
Old 02-09-2009, 06:27 PM   #12
ysr_yamaha_ysr

Member Garage

hey is there n e one out there that has a spare xr100 motor that they want to get of or maybe trade with cash?
Old 02-09-2009, 06:40 PM   #13
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
Welcome!!!

Post your WTB thread per last comment in the sale section so its more visible for others to see.

Best wishes on the builds.

Advertisement