MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2009, 10:52 PM   #41
klassik

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
rnz450

fighter that littl bike. me and kamakaze got your back if you ever need any help.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
paper stock certificate question ....how to sell Homebrew Off Topic 5 10-18-2013 02:18 PM
auto repair question Chubby Racer Off Topic 28 06-22-2009 07:29 PM
does someone here sell new bikes? I have a question about credit approval. hotcknstrips Off Topic 2 08-13-2008 06:21 PM
question about bike repair? HoustonGixxer General Discussion (Moto Related) 4 09-27-2007 12:30 AM
Quick question about tire repair isoplus How To's and Q & A's 17 09-18-2007 08:53 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-08-2009, 11:32 PM   #42
Squared

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2006 Kawasaki Ninja 650r
92' Nissan Pickup

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaMaKaZeE_FZR! View Post
wouldnt be hard. i am a cad drafter/cnc programer/operator, but im not working at a shop, got tired of the hours. i can talk to some people i know though and see if i can get some time on a machine. it would be cheaper if more people wanted them since once you get the machine set up, you are ready to run as many as you want. i would have to have a set to measure up to do a take off of the originals but like i said, anything is possible.
Man if you want to use my bike to do measurements you just let me know where and when and I'll be there.

You really think we could design something that would work with the original break spring and all? This would rock...

I'll do anything you need me to in order to work this out. I'll even fork out some extra cash too, just for the of it. **** woodcraft!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassik View Post
fighter that littl bike. me and kamakaze got your back if you ever need any help.

Thanks man, yeah, I'm definitely fightering it out. This is gonna be awesome.
Squared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 04:15 PM   #43
Squared

Bike(s):
2006 Kawasaki Ninja 650r
92' Nissan Pickup

Old 02-09-2009, 08:46 PM   #44
KaMaKaZeE_FZR!
Fighter Pilot

Bike(s):
1991 Yamaha FZR 1000(almost back) somethin special to come

Member Garage

im proud of you hahaha one day later and you are already D'n'W. it looks alot better without those horrible rear sets. the bars can be tweaked back and you can get new hardware at Lowes or Home Depot. the gauge mount is easy, look at it and see what all is unnecessary and get you a grinder and hack off what is not needed. im sure some of it mounted the fairing so you can get rid of anything other than the gauge mounts, and you might be able to shorten it between where it mounts and the gauge to get it in a little closer. you should make a profile at CF, introduce yourself and start a build thread. you will get alot of good input from others there along with ideas people might have that you may not have been thinking. keep it up, its gonna be a good build, and look at it this way, you havent spent anything yet so that cash in your pocket can go to your build. and ill need to measure up those rear sets some time, i stay swamped during the week, but maybe i can come check the bike out one weekend and grab them then. one more thing, Motorcycles Unlimited is an awesome place, they do great work, but might want to take this opportunity to learn your bike better, now that you are startin to strip her down, i can check her out and probably get her runnin in an afternoon, and you can get a little more comfortable turnin wrenches on your own bike. keep it up
KaMaKaZeE_FZR! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 09:04 PM   #45
Squared

Bike(s):
2006 Kawasaki Ninja 650r
92' Nissan Pickup

Quote:
im proud of you hahaha one day later and you are already D'n'W. it looks alot better without those horrible rear sets. the bars can be tweaked back and you can get new hardware at Lowes or Home Depot. the gauge mount is easy, look at it and see what all is unnecessary and get you a grinder and hack off what is not needed. im sure some of it mounted the fairing so you can get rid of anything other than the gauge mounts, and you might be able to shorten it between where it mounts and the gauge to get it in a little closer. you should make a profile at CF, introduce yourself and start a build thread. you will get alot of good input from others there along with ideas people might have that you may not have been thinking. keep it up, its gonna be a good build, and look at it this way, you havent spent anything yet so that cash in your pocket can go to your build. and ill need to measure up those rear sets some time, i stay swamped during the week, but maybe i can come check the bike out one weekend and grab them then. one more thing, Motorcycles Unlimited is an awesome place, they do great work, but might want to take this opportunity to learn your bike better, now that you are startin to strip her down, i can check her out and probably get her runnin in an afternoon, and you can get a little more comfortable turnin wrenches on your own bike. keep it up

Yeah, I actually used to work for Advanced Auto Parts as an Assistant Manager for a couple of years, so I was always more of a car guy. I'm starting to get more comfortable with bikes, as they are MUCH easier to work on than cars. So many less parts!

I want to clean up the frame and all the bullshit mounts I won't need anymore. I definitely want to get some of that stuff grinded off to make the whole bike look really clean in the end.

Some of the mounts can just be removed, like the fairing mount points which are attached near the bottom of the engine block with bolts. Some of the electronics is mounted outside of the frame which looks like it can be moved toward the inside and hidden. The rest will need to be hacked off.

Also, this is a weird question but maybe you know, is it possible to paint a radiator or do I need to get some kind of cover for it? I know I've seen black ones, and I definitely don't want mine to be silver now with the street fighter look. Same thing for my coolant reservoir, although I would like to remount this in a different place, but I haven't seen a good place for it yet heh.

I will definitely make a thread over on CF and see what people have to say. It's a real project now, so I've got charts with time/cost and what are priorities.

Also, I am going to pick up a battery for it this weekend but one thing I really don't know is how to fully drain the gas out of this thing. 8 month old premium is still 8 months old :( I really can't run it at all until I get that done.

Last edited by Squared; 02-09-2009 at 09:07 PM.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:14 PM   #46
Squared

Bike(s):
2006 Kawasaki Ninja 650r
92' Nissan Pickup

Hmmm, so I wonder if this stuff works well or what.

http://www.eastwoodco.com/jump.jsp?i...mType=CATEGORY
Old 02-09-2009, 09:23 PM   #47
KaMaKaZeE_FZR!
Fighter Pilot

Bike(s):

Member Garage

anything can be painted, they make high temp paint. the only thing is you dont want to get too much paint in the fins of the radiator. anything you can think of you want to do, search CF, you will be surprised, others have probably done it. as far as coolant resi, ive seen some co2 bottles and metal drink bottles that looked real good. a couple hose clamps and you can mount it to the side of the radiator. as far as the gas goes, take your tank off, drain it, pour some new gas in and slosh it around and drain it again, do this a few times and you should be good. i would go ahead and do a tune up while you are at it, oil, filters and plugs at least. when you join, add me as your friend, im KaMaKaZeE_FZR1 there, and ill introduce you to a few of the local guys, they are a good source of info and they can help you if you run into a jam.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:28 PM   #48
KaMaKaZeE_FZR!
Fighter Pilot

Bike(s):

Member Garage

there you go, i think you are on to something. i like how you are taking initiative, the guys on the other site will be more apt to help you if you show that you are doing your own research and trying new things. DW = Do Work, its not big around here but its what makes us stand out from the crowd
Old 02-09-2009, 09:32 PM   #49
klassik

Bike(s):
rnz450

nice man! you should see the pile of stock parts i took off the bandit lol it has its own shelf thats overflowing haha
Old 02-09-2009, 09:35 PM   #50
KaMaKaZeE_FZR!
Fighter Pilot

Bike(s):

Member Garage

you guys with your new bikes only one shelf, try a closet, a porch, and a corner in my living room. it takes a lil bit more to keep a 20 yo bike on the road hahahah
Old 02-09-2009, 09:36 PM   #51
klassik

Bike(s):
rnz450

Quote:
you guys with your new bikes only one shelf, try a closet, a porch, and a corner in my living room. it takes a lil bit more to keep a 20 yo bike on the road hahahah
haha dude i got extra everywhere i should try and sell some of this
Old 02-09-2009, 09:43 PM   #52
KaMaKaZeE_FZR!
Fighter Pilot

Bike(s):

Member Garage

as soon as i sold something, id end up needing it, and would have to pay twice as much to replace, on that note i found a set of accel coils so ill have them to play with in a week or two. i was looking at that headlight, with a little trim on the shield, it has alot of promise.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:44 PM   #53
klassik

Bike(s):
rnz450

get these bikes movin. im done doin anything major to bandit. so i can ride this summer.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:53 PM   #54
KaMaKaZeE_FZR!
Fighter Pilot

Bike(s):

Member Garage

me and goon are talkin about a ride to FF09 in july. meetin up with all the se fighters near ATL and ridin through the mountains and into Pa
Old 02-09-2009, 09:55 PM   #55
klassik

Bike(s):
rnz450

Quote:
me and goon are talkin about a ride to FF09 in july. meetin up with all the se fighters near ATL and ridin through the mountains and into Pa
i am down 100% let me know a month in advance put some real miles down.
Old 02-09-2009, 10:01 PM   #56
KaMaKaZeE_FZR!
Fighter Pilot

Bike(s):

Member Garage

http://www.customfighters.com/forums...331#post290331

talk about a thread jack hahahah
Old 02-09-2009, 10:21 PM   #57
KaMaKaZeE_FZR!
Fighter Pilot

Bike(s):

Member Garage

one more thread jack. its the birth of the mini fighter hahahah
http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=80820
Old 02-09-2009, 10:43 PM   #58
Squared

Bike(s):
2006 Kawasaki Ninja 650r
92' Nissan Pickup

Quote:
one more thread jack. its the birth of the mini fighter hahahah
http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=80820
ROFL awesome.

Yeah I think I might start ebaying some of my stock stuff, since this is going to be a pretty permanent conversion.

I saw some of the sleek style bottle reservoirs online right after I posted that, and I think I have a good place to mount one if I decide to do it.

I am very technically inclined, as I have been working on and building computers since I was like 10 years old. I got into cars fairly late in life but it's weird how much the mentality of working on hardware transfers into bikes/cars easily.

Every day I work on projectors, laptops, desktops, integrated room equipment with AMX switches and Extron units and all kinds of crazy audio/visual setups. Working with my hands is natural to me, so this is really kind of in my comfort zone already. The best part is I have tons of tools at work and twist ties, mounts, etc.. all sitting in my work room. So a lot of the little things I can do with stuff from work.

Advertisement