MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2009, 01:56 PM   #21
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

taught those idiots passing in the emergancy lane.......lol
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is online now   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
motorcycle accident on spencer hwy superkat General Discussion (Moto Related) 2 04-20-2012 04:10 PM
ACCIDENT ON HWY 3 DOA General Discussion (Moto Related) 12 12-20-2010 08:18 PM
Motorcycle accident on Hwy 6 N ekfraz General Discussion (Moto Related) 18 02-24-2009 12:09 AM
Mororcycle Accident at HWY 290 (530 pm) ChickenBread General Discussion (Moto Related) 18 08-04-2008 11:54 AM
Advertisement
Old 02-08-2009, 02:17 PM   #22
SecretAgent
The one and only

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
08 Harley FXDB Street Bob

Send a message via AIM to SecretAgent
lol, wrd!

just because you're on two wheels doesn't mean you're above the law. granted, the driver of the car was a moron as well, but don't expect any sympathy from me because you were doing something illegal and someone else decided they were going to stop it. if they had sat in traffic and obeyed the law like everyone else was doing, not only would they have ended up getting to their destination faster, they wouldn't have immeasurably slowed everyone else down by creating an accident scene.
"There are some things nobody needs in this world, and a bright-red, hunch-back, warp-speed 900cc cafe racer is one of them - but I want one anyway, and on some days I actually believe I need one. That is why they are dangerous. "
-Hunter S. Thompson
SecretAgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 06:43 PM   #23
bubby
Candie's Pit Crew!

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'07 600RR, '09 Kawi 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretAgent View Post
lol, wrd!

just because you're on two wheels doesn't mean you're above the law. granted, the driver of the car was a moron as well, but don't expect any sympathy from me because you were doing something illegal and someone else decided they were going to stop it. if they had sat in traffic and obeyed the law like everyone else was doing, not only would they have ended up getting to their destination faster, they wouldn't have immeasurably slowed everyone else down by creating an accident scene.
Don't ride above the law and expect everyone else to like it or feel sorry for you when something happens. Cager was definitely in the wrong also, but shouldn't have been buzzing on the shoulder. A lot safer to lane split at a slow pace.
Old 02-08-2009, 06:49 PM   #24
The_Gunslinger
Kamakasi

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
'07 zx6r
'02 xr250r

carry a gun & rid the earth of these scum.
like i've said before, i've dragged a dude out of his car & beat his on space centers median for less.
The_Gunslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 08:03 PM   #25
jrob
cheers

Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
KTM 450 XC-F
DRZ 400 Kick/Motard Convert

[QUOTE=bubby;1757466] Don't ride above the law and expect everyone else to like it or feel sorry for you when something happens. Cager was definitely in the wrong also, but shouldn't have been buzzing on the shoulder. A lot safer to lane split at a slow pace.[/QUOTE]

i dont remember saying that they were hauling . to my understanding they were traveling at a reasonably slow pace down the shoulder. especially since the last guy was able to stop before the car. now im not saying that what these guys did was right. but intentionally hitting someone on a motorcycle with your vehicle for doing something that really wasnt causing you any harm....just absolute bullshit in my opinion. if the driver would have been beaten unconcious after that i would not have been surprised or sorry.
Old 02-08-2009, 08:15 PM   #26
v4lu3s

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2003 CBR 600 F4i -- Sold

Member Garage

since when do ordinary citizens have the right to commit aggravated assault with a deadly weapon to stop a traffic infraction?
v4lu3s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 08:40 PM   #27
The_Gunslinger
Kamakasi

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
'07 zx6r
'02 xr250r

car is a deadly weapon.

sue sue sue./
The_Gunslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 09:35 PM   #28
Quicksilver

Experience: 9-12 months

Bike(s):
2008 Suzuki Half-a-busa
Harley Davidson Fatboy / Fatbob (April 18, 2009)

Quote:
lol, wrd!

That opinion is BS. Because nobody in this place has authority to police the roads and highways unless you carry a badge and license by the state of TX. Problem is that some people for some reason cannot subdue their issues when they see other people committing a traffic infraction. Why would you raise your blood pressure to the roof because someone rides on one wheel on the concrete divider in a clown suit. Or drive down the road over the grassy median. Because you had to sit in traffic for one more minute and they get to go on their merry way. Now as a driver you try to take matters into your own hands and do a jackass move causing an accident. Now you have to wait 1 or 2 hours for the cops to do their investigation.
Learn to let it go, you are not the freaking police.
1. Don't try to control speed on the road or highway by staying in the fast lane because you don't want anyone to pass you.
2. Don't block the shoulders cause you are that everyone is using it.

By the way, it is legal to pass a vehicle on the shoulder if you are a 2 lane road and the vehicle is stopped and making a left turn.
Old 02-08-2009, 10:03 PM   #29
Mr.P
Driving Duh-Bus

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

Don't forget the basic intent of traffic laws: To provide laws that increase the safety of the general public. You are guilty of violating the law only when a judge finds you guilty of causing a safety hazard to the public. A real judge, not a traffic court.
Old 02-09-2009, 03:10 AM   #30
JubanDan_RR

Experience: 3 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubby View Post
Don't ride above the law and expect everyone else to like it or feel sorry for you when something happens. Cager was definitely in the wrong also, but shouldn't have been buzzing on the shoulder. A lot safer to lane split at a slow pace.
I could be wrong (and someone please correct me if I am), but I thought this was illegal also.
JubanDan_RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 04:03 AM   #31
SecretAgent
The one and only

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
That opinion is BS. Because nobody in this place has authority to police the roads and highways unless you carry a badge and license by the state of TX. Problem is that some people for some reason cannot subdue their issues when they see other people committing a traffic infraction. Why would you raise your blood pressure to the roof because someone rides on one wheel on the concrete divider in a clown suit. Or drive down the road over the grassy median. Because you had to sit in traffic for one more minute and they get to go on their merry way. Now as a driver you try to take matters into your own hands and do a jackass move causing an accident. Now you have to wait 1 or 2 hours for the cops to do their investigation.
1. Don't try to control speed on the road or highway by staying in the fast lane because you don't want anyone to pass you.

By the way, it is legal to pass a vehicle on the shoulder if you are a 2 lane road and the vehicle is stopped and making a left turn.
i think the opinion is completely valid. you're only looking at it from a motorcycler's perspective.

it's a two-sided problem. you have cagers who can't accept your better manueverability, and you have cyclists who take advantage of our small footprint to disobey laws because they can't subdue their urge to get somewhere as fast as humanly possible.

both parties were wrong in this instance. and i won't feel sorry for either of them. if you do dumb , dumb will happen to you. simple.
"There are some things nobody needs in this world, and a bright-red, hunch-back, warp-speed 900cc cafe racer is one of them - but I want one anyway, and on some days I actually believe I need one. That is why they are dangerous. "
-Hunter S. Thompson
Old 02-09-2009, 09:02 AM   #32
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Bike(s):
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:
if you do dumb , dumb will happen to you. simple.
DING DING DING...........ftw!
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Old 02-09-2009, 10:21 AM   #33
pelochas

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2004 Kawasaki ZX-6R

about lane splitting
i thought i read somewhere that in Texas there is no law against the practice of lane splitting. so lane splitting is not illegal since there is no law

but there is nothing in the books that says its legal. in cali, i beleive the lane splitting is written in the books and stated that lane spliitting is legal when done safely. you cant lane split in cali when traffic in moving, thats just you being an idiot in trouble hits you in the mouth. you can split lanes when traffic is slow so that you can get around them

in this is the case, the bikers should be ok to split lanes and the driver should be arrested for intent to harm and use of weapon. i dont see any court where the cager would be innocent. this incident is about the car/driver striking the biker. nothing about the biker driving on the side road would provoke this action. i would definately sue.
pelochas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 10:27 AM   #34
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Bike(s):
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

it's not legel nor illegal to L/S in TX, but cops and reg folk don't like it

if you do, be prepared to suffer the consequences. and don't whine about it.

and riding down the emergancy lane is not lane splitting.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Old 02-10-2009, 03:28 AM   #35
jrob
cheers

Bike(s):
KTM 450 XC-F

for this didnt happen to me. im not even in houston right now. so im not whining. the point of my post isnt really even the shoulder riding or the fact that the pulled out to hit the riders. thats all just a cluster fukk that probably could have been avoided.
the fact that she got knocked down by the still enraged driver trying to get at the downed rider is just sickening to me. an inocent by stander trying to provide help was knocked to the ground by this . your safety soap box isnt the point here homey. its the lack of human decency that is the issue.
Old 02-10-2009, 03:39 AM   #36
SecretAgent
The one and only

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrob View Post
for this didnt happen to me. im not even in houston right now. so im not whining. the point of my post isnt really even the shoulder riding or the fact that the pulled out to hit the riders. thats all just a cluster fukk that probably could have been avoided.
the fact that she got knocked down by the still enraged driver trying to get at the downed rider is just sickening to me. an inocent by stander trying to provide help was knocked to the ground by this . your safety soap box isnt the point here homey. its the lack of human decency that is the issue.
ahhh, ok...i lost you on that second part of your first post, i thought you were saying the 5th rider in line got knocked down by the driver while he was trying to get to the 4th rider (presumably to exchange harsh words/fight/otherwise be stupid). it wasn't clear that it was ur friend who got knocked over.

gotta say though, judging by his previous actions, i'm not suprised. he's obviously not one of those guys who'd run into a burning building to save a stranger or anything.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Old 02-10-2009, 03:48 AM   #37
jrob
cheers

Bike(s):
KTM 450 XC-F

Quote:
ahhh, ok...i lost you on that second part of your first post, i thought you were saying the 5th rider in line got knocked down by the driver while he was trying to get to the 4th rider (presumably to exchange harsh words/fight/otherwise be stupid). it wasn't clear that it was ur friend who got knocked over.

gotta say though, judging by his previous actions, i'm not suprised. he's obviously not one of those guys who'd run into a burning building to save a stranger or anything.
ya i mean i dunno why anyone could expect a person that would intentionally hit someone with their vehicle to have any kind of rashional thought process. and dont get me wrong im not trying to down play racer x. his leniency towards safety is very admirable. so i didnt mean to sound harsh with that last post. the wreck itself is neither surprising nor alarming. just a situation all the way around.
Old 02-10-2009, 04:26 AM   #38
Urban Ninja
Phuc Dat

Bike(s):
Yamaha FZR600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post

I agree with you. Plus it's not like a motorcycle takes up a lot of space. People really me off sometime. They get so jealous.
Urban Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 06:47 AM   #39
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Bike(s):
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Ninja View Post
I agree with you. Plus it's not like a motorcycle takes up a lot of space. People really me off sometime. They get so jealous.
an 18 wheeler can fit down the emergancy lane? so whats teh diff. they both fit down the emergancy lane, i think it's funny the sense of entitlement bikers think they have cuz they are smaller.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Old 02-10-2009, 11:38 AM   #40
Pyrogenic
Annuit Coeptis Celeritas

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2001 FZ1

Member Garage

ok - riding on emergency lane is illegal
passing on the right is improper
excessive speed is a ticket
road rage is a pretty bad offense, if they could demonstrate it was an intentional act. I would sue the driver for everything possible if it was clear it was rage (intentional damage) that could have been fatal.

Best bet is to watch out for potential rage circumstances when you're on two wheels - no matter what - you lose.

Bottom line though - the cager is a complete and should be penalized for being an , and should have gotten kicked in the on the spot.

Pyrogenic is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement