MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2009, 11:08 PM   #101
gixr1012
diagnosed motorcycl crazy
 
gixr1012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: sw
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 298


Bike(s):
04,05,gsxr1000,07gsxr750









Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretAgent View Post
because people see "photographers" charging prices 4 times as low as the people who actually know what they're doing and then try to get us to charge the same. they then go to the cheaper person, and end up not being happy with how the pics turned out, leaving a sour taste in their mouth about photographers in general. they then end up coming to one of us for actual good pics, with that bad attitude in hand, left there by people like you. or when we go and cover a track event, we have people in the crowd like you offering pics for free, or next to nothing, despite there being a pro on scene. so when they hear the prices that we charge for the pics, they end up going with the cheap guy and getting lackluster pics.

this is why i don't do trackdays and bike/car shoots anymore. too many people like you doing it for below market value. i now stick to weddings/studio/portrait work. trust me, my work is not hurting, nor is my pocketbook. but it sure is a lot less stressful when i don't have to deal with jackasses like you that go buy a digicam and instantly think they're pros.


and an fyi, just because someone doesn't like your work, DOES NOT MEAN THEY'RE JEALOUS. remember that one.
angermanagement! maybe!
gixr1012 is offline  
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PP1 tonight El_Diablo Events, Meets and Rides 61 12-22-2008 11:33 PM
PP1 Tonight? K. Oliveira Events, Meets and Rides 3 09-10-2008 05:31 PM
TONIGHT! PP1 AznGoneNuts Events, Meets and Rides 15 03-31-2007 01:35 AM
pp1 tonight redd4211 Events, Meets and Rides 1 10-12-2005 06:44 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-27-2009, 11:27 PM   #102
JMAC
Senior Member
 
JMAC's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Spring
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,887


Bike(s):
Ninja









The guy says he is going to be at pp1 to take a few pic's and meet a few people, sounds like he has something constructive to add to the MH community as well as being friendly. Then a few jerkoffs criticize him, his pic's and his camera. My knowledge of photography is limited to feeling up the honeys in the darkroom in highschool, with that said I though the pic's looked good as did others here. Maybe these photo professionals should be on a photography forum discussing thier vast knowledge and greatness with people who really give a rats . Feel free to talk a little to me and get E-thug(I love saying that) as you have already showed your ignorance and your opinion means absolutely nothing to me. Nice job on the pic's ParAvion and thanks for contributing something constructive to MH community. In future I might hit you up for some pic's of my bike. I think I'm done
JMAC is offline  
Old 02-27-2009, 11:51 PM   #103
Urban Ninja
Phuc Dat
 
Urban Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 327


Bike(s):
Yamaha FZR600









Quote:
Originally Posted by JMAC View Post
The guy says he is going to be at pp1 to take a few pic's and meet a few people, sounds like he has something constructive to add to the MH community as well as being friendly. Then a few jerkoffs criticize him, his pic's and his camera. My knowledge of photography is limited to feeling up the honeys in the darkroom in highschool, with that said I though the pic's looked good as did others here. Maybe these photo professionals should be on a photography forum discussing thier vast knowledge and greatness with people who really give a rats . Feel free to talk a little to me and get E-thug(I love saying that) as you have already showed your ignorance and your opinion means absolutely nothing to me. Nice job on the pic's ParAvion and thanks for contributing something constructive to MH community. In future I might hit you up for some pic's of my bike. I think I'm done

Well said.
Urban Ninja is offline  
Old 02-28-2009, 12:21 AM   #104
cj_sandman
custom user title!!
 
cj_sandman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: UT Campus
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,108


Bike(s):
'03 CBR 600 F4i
'99 FXST








Ow.. That's his first post on MH and he decides to come out strong on the , douchebaginess..

Who knew photographers were so sensitive.

Meanwhile... Shootout! Loser gets banned.
cj_sandman is offline  
Old 02-28-2009, 03:42 AM   #105
ToddSpoth
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6












Quote:
Originally Posted by ParAvion View Post
This Todd guy I assume only puts the best photography on the front page of his website. And I gotta say these pictures hes taking i'm not blown away or anything.

What do you guys think? Amazing work?

Here are the first 3 that popped up. I didnt really stay too long on that site it was kinda boring. Plus from a business standpoint Flash sites are not indexed very well by google he would be better off with some tags and a nice HTML site. Google just sees his flash site and everyone other person who buys one of those cheap lame portfolio templates as a big X.
Im glad you visited my website, but im not sure what it has to do with anything. If you are so curious, yes it is flash, and yes it is indexed well, but you know, i am a photographer not an IT guy. Id rather know how to talk about color theory instead of SEO. Apparently you are only skilled in talking about dorky internet nonsense. That doesn't make you a better photographer.

Im glad you liked my website enough to strip a photographers work from their website and upload them to another site. You might want to watch that. It could get you into trouble.

The images that appear on the front are a rotating, I dont choose them they are chosen at random. You may think they are just snaps, but that is ok, my response wasnt to illicit critique of my work. If you look a little further you will see that first image is part of an essay on the world's first penitentiary, Eastern State Penn.

I dont know anything about PPGH or whatever that is but you can visit the ASMP website at www.ASMP.org

The mention of my class was not an insult, but an offer. I have taken classes from people with must less experience than me before, its about learning something new. You sound like you know a lot about general business, but what do I know your avatar also looks like the guy that answers when I call verizon tech support. I know a bit about the business of photography and maybe you might learn something.

For those , I am not making fun of his camera, but his lax sense of photo business sense. Its this kind of naivetÚ that hurts the photographic community instead of hurting it. Obviously from a poster that doesn't know about anything we are talking about and just sees KEWL BIKE PIX its going to seem like a mundane conversation, but it is worth addressing. I was shown this thread by the owner of MotoHouston and after I posted he told me great post, so apparently someone appreciates my efforts.

Last edited by ToddSpoth; 02-28-2009 at 03:44 AM.
ToddSpoth is offline  
Old 02-28-2009, 03:46 AM   #106
ToddSpoth
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6












Quote:
Originally Posted by ParAvion View Post
In the mean time here is another subpar shot I took there. This one is what everyone has been requesting.
sorry man, i didnt see this shot before my last post. you are amazing. im going to stop posting now. if you ever have a photo class hit me up. ill be first on the list. can i get a print of this?
ToddSpoth is offline  
Old 02-28-2009, 03:50 AM   #107
ToddSpoth
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6












Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddSpoth View Post
The images that appear on the front are a rotating, I dont choose them they are chosen at random.
Actually you know what. I logged into my website management a while back and changed this so that I HAVE chosen images that appear in a specific order on the front, when you visit my website.

So you are mistaken. It looks like you waited for the ones you liked the least and posted them here.

Nice try.

PS. i wish i had an assistant.
ToddSpoth is offline  
Old 02-28-2009, 04:49 AM   #108
ParAvion
Mr. Misanthrope
 
ParAvion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 797












Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddSpoth View Post
Im glad you visited my website, but im not sure what it has to do with anything. If you are so curious, yes it is flash, and yes it is indexed well, but you know, i am a photographer not an IT guy. Id rather know how to talk about color theory instead of SEO. Apparently you are only skilled in talking about dorky internet nonsense. That doesn't make you a better photographer.

Im glad you liked my website enough to strip a photographers work from their website and upload them to another site. You might want to watch that. It could get you into trouble.

The images that appear on the front are a rotating, I dont choose them they are chosen at random. You may think they are just snaps, but that is ok, my response wasnt to illicit critique of my work. If you look a little further you will see that first image is part of an essay on the world's first penitentiary, Eastern State Penn.

I dont know anything about PPGH or whatever that is but you can visit the ASMP website at www.ASMP.org

The mention of my class was not an insult, but an offer. I have taken classes from people with must less experience than me before, its about learning something new. You sound like you know a lot about general business, but what do I know your avatar also looks like the guy that answers when I call verizon tech support. I know a bit about the business of photography and maybe you might learn something.

For those , I am not making fun of his camera, but his lax sense of photo business sense. Its this kind of naivetÚ that hurts the photographic community instead of hurting it. Obviously from a poster that doesn't know about anything we are talking about and just sees KEWL BIKE PIX its going to seem like a mundane conversation, but it is worth addressing. I was shown this thread by the owner of MotoHouston and after I posted he told me great post, so apparently someone appreciates my efforts.

Yeah thanks for the offer but I think i'm way past basic photography. If you want to teach me some advanced techniques i'll listen. As far as $75 i'd rather spend $25 on a book and pocket the $50. Good luck with that.
ParAvion is offline  
Old 02-28-2009, 05:05 AM   #109
ParAvion
Mr. Misanthrope
 
ParAvion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 797












You keep tooting your horn and putting down my pictures. Are you pictures so great? WOW here is some more amazing work from you. Like I really can't take a picture like this. I think my 4 year old nephew could take this picture. I mean c'mon don't be such a blowhard tooting your own horn all day. What is this ? Two kids playing with a ball with a minivan in the back? WOWOWOWOWOW did you win any awards for this ?

Your photography is not that great and definitely not good enough for you to teach ME basics. But you see I got more of a level head than you and i'll admit there is a place in society for pictures like yours just as there is a place in society for my pictures. I'm not going to take away your liberty to take these pictures nor stomp on you rights and personal freedoms by insulting your artwork without provocation. But you come on this forum offer the community nothing and then insult someone who actually is helping people out on here.

How many times do most of the people on here get a chance to use some high end lenses and camera equipment to take pictures of their bikes?? Not many times. Yet you come on here and try to insult me and ask me to stop taking these pictures. But you know what I think everyone on here realizes youre a miserable douchebag and eventually you will go away.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture-1.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	20003  
ParAvion is offline  
Old 02-28-2009, 05:32 AM   #110
ParAvion
Mr. Misanthrope
 
ParAvion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 797












I think we are going to have to go with the mass consensus here and go with a shoot off. Here is a picture im submitting you can post one too. This was my study of street kids in the slums of Mexico. There you go.



Slumdog Billionaire

3316152162 92945619a3 b

Ok informal poll guys. Which picture is better. The two children throwing the ball in front of the minivan or my bad kid chunking up the deuce.

Last edited by ParAvion; 02-28-2009 at 05:36 AM.
ParAvion is offline  
Old 02-28-2009, 06:08 AM   #111
Gsxr_rollin
iRide
 
Gsxr_rollin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Nw Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 207

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
01 Gsxr 1000









Send a message via AIM to Gsxr_rollin
nice pix, i know alot of ppl have asked already lol

what kind of cam are you using? w/ lens?
Gsxr_rollin is offline  
Old 02-28-2009, 08:42 AM   #112
mike
Guest
 
Posts: n/a







Member Garage





Wow what an interesting pile of ^&^*&%*%%$

Two guys who go at each other how cool photographers they are but none of them showing their work. If you (ParAvion and SecretAgent) are such top photographers, why can't I find the links to your websites in your profiles?
I made sure I have mine there.
The super pro ParAvion doesn't know who or what ASMP is but touts PPGH. I assume it's the Professional Photographers Guild of Houston. Well .. yes .. lot's of pros on that one .. NOT!
I looked at the bike photos and they were snapshots but that's about it. If someone likes them great, drawing the conclusion however that a "pro" took them just because the contrast is jacked up and they're sharp is something else.

The only one so far who stepped up, made a reasonable comment about it and showed his work was Todd. Well I like his work because it's photography.

To the people who ask about the camera: Does it really matter? Do you ask a chef who makes a great Filet Mignon what pan he uses? Any modern digital SLR these days can create an image that in Internet-size is decent. It doesn't even take expensive glass in front of it.

So again, I'd like to see the websites of the two super pros SecretAgent and ParAvion to really see what you're all about. Anybody can talk big on a forum.

Mike (also ASMP member)
www.michaelschulz-photography.com
 
Old 02-28-2009, 09:55 AM   #113
ParAvion
Mr. Misanthrope
 
ParAvion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 797












Your reading comprehension is off. Re read the post and you get your answers.
ParAvion is offline  
Old 02-28-2009, 09:56 AM   #114
didimao0072000
Senior Member
 
didimao0072000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Midtown
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 746


Bike(s):
50cc metropolitan









Why all the insecurities with the professional photographers? I think what it boils down to is that professional photographers are one of the most overrated and overpaid professions. They know it and with the influx of cheap dslrs, people are realizing it too. With a decent slr and photoshop, a amateur can work miracles. I guess the “true” professionals are out there promoting and maintaining their fašade while the insecure ones are on here bashing parvion.
didimao0072000 is offline  
Old 02-28-2009, 10:00 AM   #115
txferrari
Banned
 
txferrari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Katy
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 10,090

Experience: 10+ years











User is banned

.
txferrari is offline  
Old 02-28-2009, 10:01 AM   #116
Azylum
The Chosen One
 
Azylum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ellington
Feedback Rating: (23)
Posts: 39,629

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2











Quote:
Originally Posted by mike View Post

To the people who ask about the camera: Does it really matter?
ya i would think so. im gonna assume you dont use an old school 110 camera for your shots. regardless, if you have beef with the other photographers debating, thats cool. theres really no reason to snap at the people giving compliments and taking interest. when you conversate about bikes, do you not ask what kind of brakes people use? what kind of tires? or are you psychic...


btw, youre pics are absolutely fantastic. what kind of camera do you use? j/k
__________________
motohoustonlogo
Bringing back the old school.
Azylum is offline  
Old 02-28-2009, 10:06 AM   #117
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide
 
CaligoneTx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Valhalla
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 21,558

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)






Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
Very crisp pics of the bikes.


No offense to the rest of the conversations in here, but the only comments I choose to make:

I understand that a focaled object will become the subject of a picture and be complimented by lines/shading towards that object to draw the eyes.

But my pictures are usually on the back of a bike so Im more worried about not crashing lol; plus my best pictures are the random ones that aren't expected.


Good work guys!
__________________
triumphsig
CaligoneTx is offline  
Old 02-28-2009, 10:13 AM   #118
mike
Guest
 
Posts: n/a







Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by ParAvion View Post
Your reading comprehension is off. Re read the post and you get your answers.
Sorry, didn't find the link to your website nor SecretAgent's. Post it or send it to me via pm. I like to look at photographs.
 
Old 02-28-2009, 10:16 AM   #119
Azylum
The Chosen One
 
Azylum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ellington
Feedback Rating: (23)
Posts: 39,629

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2











__________________
motohoustonlogo
Bringing back the old school.
Azylum is offline  
Old 02-28-2009, 10:17 AM   #120
mike
Guest
 
Posts: n/a







Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Azylum View Post
ya i would think so. im gonna assume you dont use an old school 110 camera for your shots. regardless, if you have beef with the other photographers debating, thats cool. theres really no reason to snap at the people giving compliments and taking interest. when you conversate about bikes, do you not ask what kind of brakes people use? what kind of tires? or are you psychic...


btw, youre pics are absolutely fantastic. what kind of camera do you use? j/k
I use a Walgreens instathrowaway camera. If you don't believe me ask the Sooz or DaveC they both have seen me with it at the track . I love my $10 Holga plastic lense camera . And sometimes I use something more expensive.

Btw. it's not about snapping at people for whatever. I just don't like it when somebody acts like he's the biggest and coolest dude on a forum and then doesn't back it up. When I see comments like "I get paid top dollar by corporations" and "$500 per hour" then that's just bogus.

So again, if anybody claims he's a superduper photographer, post your websites so that everybody can see your work. That's all.

Mike
 
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:23 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy