MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2009, 10:19 AM   #81
Captain
The Beast

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
GSX-R 1000

Member Garage

Man That is some nice pictures taken !!!!!!
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PP1 tonight El_Diablo Events, Meets and Rides 61 12-22-2008 11:33 PM
PP1 Tonight? K. Oliveira Events, Meets and Rides 3 09-10-2008 05:31 PM
TONIGHT! PP1 AznGoneNuts Events, Meets and Rides 15 03-31-2007 01:35 AM
pp1 tonight redd4211 Events, Meets and Rides 1 10-12-2005 06:44 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-27-2009, 10:41 AM   #82
Longstroke
"Skeeza-Pleeza"

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
'05 R6 - SOLD

Member Garage

Send a message via MSN to Longstroke
COLD BEER!!!

- Sorry babe, Pimps don't fall in love!
Old 02-27-2009, 11:23 AM   #83
JUANTED

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
06 gsxr 770

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParAvion View Post
Wow it got quiet in here all of a sudden. I think I hear crickets. LOL
dude where is the pic of the hot girl in my bike
Old 02-27-2009, 12:33 PM   #84
dudewhrsmybike

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R ABS

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to dudewhrsmybike
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUANTED View Post
LIES!!!

It's GREEN, it's FAST, and it says Ninja on it
Old 02-27-2009, 12:46 PM   #85
ParAvion
Mr. Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUANTED View Post
I was going to post cause it was hot but I didn't get her permission.
Old 02-27-2009, 03:55 PM   #86
JUANTED

Bike(s):
06 gsxr 770

Quote:
I was going to post cause it was hot but I didn't get her permission.
Im giving you permission right now......... post the pic
Old 02-27-2009, 04:15 PM   #87
Rallo
The Shogun. Sho'nuff!

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2007 Ninja 650R

Do it, do it now!
Old 02-27-2009, 09:49 PM   #88
ToddSpoth

Quote:
Yes mr all knowing. That's why corporations pay me top dollar and blow up my work and put it on their trade show booths. Stick to wedding with your attitude you won't get far in corporate America. It's all about bottom line there. If there is a track sponsored photographer I don't sell pictures would not want that happening to me. You just sound bitter and old the way you are going on. The reality is everyone has access to nice cameras now and if you don't market it right then FAIL.

How you take me snapping some quick shots of friends bikes as competition to you simply reveals your insecurities and failure as a legitimate photographer. When photographer fail at real work they usually goto weddings that's why I abstain from them as well as them being a major pita.
Hello Mr. ParAvion,

This is my first post here on MotoHouston. I felt the need to address this thread after browsing and seeing it. You seem like you think you know a lot about general business practices, but are a little confused on how photographers and the photography business operates. Being a member of a lot of professional organizations including the American Society of Media Photographers as well as many others. The ASMP Houston Chapter encompasses a lot of Houston's best corporate and editorial photographer's. I have not heard of you before. Maybe you can tell us if you are part of an agency, or possibly some of your past or current clients. I agree that weddings can be a pain, but there are some amazing wedding photographers out there. There are also a lot of wedding photographers that are horrid, yet still sustain business.

Photographers whose clients are primarily the general public (wedding photographers and well motorcycle photographers like yourself) can sustain business even if they are less than mediocre, because the general public does not know what good photography is. For example there are several people in this very thread who have commended your snapshots as being great, which can be misleading. Most of my clients are picture editors, art buyers or ad designers who know how to separate crappy photos from beautiful ones.

As SecretAgent has previously stated, everyone with a DSLR is now a photographer. There has been a serious influx of people that have gotten that new, decent, camera and all of a sudden they think they can start a business. Usually creating a rediculous watermark or "business name" based on an online forum handle is priority 1. It looks like you followed suit here.

Regardless of who is shooting what, photography is not just about business, to photographers that really care about the art, the industry and their peers, its not just a get-rich-quick scheme or another way to make a buck, its a lot more.

I suggest you read a few books about the business of photography. If you would like some suggestions, please feel free to get in touch.

I am also hosting a beginners photo class that might be of interest to you and others. A link to more info is below, but it is on Sunday April 12th and it is only $75.

http://www.houston-imports.com/forum...d.php?t=513387

-Todd Spoth
Photographer

www.toddspoth.com

Last edited by ToddSpoth; 02-27-2009 at 09:51 PM.
Old 02-27-2009, 10:23 PM   #89
ParAvion
Mr. Misanthrope

Hey Todd thanks for the advise. Your photos are very nice on your website but nothing out of the ordinary except you don't see me insulting you. My website seems to be a bit better than yours but I don't assume that you are a amateur and invite you to a class i'm hosting. I have not heard of ASMP I am a member of PPGH and I am on their mailing list but I rarely even read them anymore as it is more of a death notice than it is a photography newsletter. Its just a bunch of old farts that don't do anything exciting and are always giving updates on someones health condition and that some other 80 year old passed away.

Now what would make you think that I need a basic class in photography? The pictures I post on here are not setup in anyway and are quick shots to help out fellow Moto Houston members who want pictures of their bikes. Do you want me to come to your house and criticize candid shots you take of your kids? Should they all have artistic merit and long setup times?

I have read plenty of books on photography businesses and decided that if I were to do photography full time I would be taking a huge paycut in my life and sorry I like money. I prefer it the way it is as a hobby and part time job where I make more than enough money to pay for my bike and whatever else I have. If its taking money out your pocket becuase my photography sucks or whatever then you know what I don't give a . You can pay me whatever i make this year plus 10% growth every year and I will gladly stop taking pictures and selling them to others and we can keep my subpar pictures off the market. Until then I suggest you go back to your hole you crawled back out of. If you want you can take over my role as the guy that snaps pictures for free at PP1 for people of their bikes since you are so great why don't you bring your lights and your assistant and take these wonderful pictures you seem to be capable of.

In the mean time here is another subpar shot I took there. This one is what everyone has been requesting.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	booty-1.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	19995  
Old 02-27-2009, 10:28 PM   #90
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Trackdays: 2

very nice.
Old 02-27-2009, 10:28 PM   #91
Falkryte
SBN Vag Inspector

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
ninja 650r
ttr 125
crf50
tarded450

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddSpoth View Post
Hello Mr. ParAvion,

This is my first post here on MotoHouston. I felt the need to address this thread after browsing and seeing it. You seem like you think you know a lot about general business practices, but are a little confused on how photographers and the photography business operates. Being a member of a lot of professional organizations including the American Society of Media Photographers as well as many others. The ASMP Houston Chapter encompasses a lot of Houston's best corporate and editorial photographer's. I have not heard of you before. Maybe you can tell us if you are part of an agency, or possibly some of your past or current clients. I agree that weddings can be a pain, but there are some amazing wedding photographers out there. There are also a lot of wedding photographers that are horrid, yet still sustain business.

Photographers whose clients are primarily the general public (wedding photographers and well motorcycle photographers like yourself) can sustain business even if they are less than mediocre, because the general public does not know what good photography is. For example there are several people in this very thread who have commended your snapshots as being great, which can be misleading. Most of my clients are picture editors, art buyers or ad designers who know how to separate crappy photos from beautiful ones.

As SecretAgent has previously stated, everyone with a DSLR is now a photographer. There has been a serious influx of people that have gotten that new, decent, camera and all of a sudden they think they can start a business. Usually creating a rediculous watermark or "business name" based on an online forum handle is priority 1. It looks like you followed suit here.

Regardless of who is shooting what, photography is not just about business, to photographers that really care about the art, the industry and their peers, its not just a get-rich-quick scheme or another way to make a buck, its a lot more.

I suggest you read a few books about the business of photography. If you would like some suggestions, please feel free to get in touch.

I am also hosting a beginners photo class that might be of interest to you and others. A link to more info is below, but it is on Sunday April 12th and it is only $75.

http://www.houston-imports.com/forum...d.php?t=513387

-Todd Spoth
Photographer

www.toddspoth.com

I thought they were very good candid shots...
but ill admit i dont know about photography. But anyone can look at a picture and give their opinion of it.
Old 02-27-2009, 10:28 PM   #92
Nonsense

Feedback Rating: (-1)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
1999 CBR 600-Wrecked
2000 GSXR 750-Sold
2001 R1-Sold
2005 GSXR 750-Wrecked
2005 GSXR 1000

What kind of camear do you have?
Old 02-27-2009, 10:29 PM   #93
CHEF D

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
08 Triumph Daytona SE

very nice pix man

"You went full , man. Never go full "
Old 02-27-2009, 10:40 PM   #94
Tojo92
AKA Mongo

Feedback Rating: (7)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
1994 Ducati 900 SS/SP
2003 Honda CRF450R motard
2002 Husqvarna NOX
2001 KTM Duke II

Quote:
that Ducati is sick its only one of 300 made the owner has two of them. Its pretty much an engine on wheels but you can see every little working of the engine..
Nice pics, but on the Duc see

http://www.carolenash.com/insidebike...ducati/mh900e/

They actually made 2,000. Sold on the internet. No, I don't own one, but I would like one.
CMRA#665 (neighbor of the beast)
The Problem - Endurance
Old 02-27-2009, 10:40 PM   #95
ParAvion
Mr. Misanthrope

This Todd guy I assume only puts the best photography on the front page of his website. And I gotta say these pictures hes taking i'm not blown away or anything.

What do you guys think? Amazing work?

Here are the first 3 that popped up. I didnt really stay too long on that site it was kinda boring. Plus from a business standpoint Flash sites are not indexed very well by google he would be better off with some tags and a nice HTML site. Google just sees his flash site and everyone other person who buys one of those cheap lame portfolio templates as a big X.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture-1.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	17.9 KB
ID:	19996   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture-2.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	19997   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture-3.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	19998  

Old 02-27-2009, 10:41 PM   #96
ParAvion
Mr. Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tojo92 View Post
Nice pics, but on the Duc see

http://www.carolenash.com/insidebike...ducati/mh900e/

They actually made 2,000. Sold on the internet. No, I don't own one, but I would like one.
Cool! thanks for the link. I was trying to find more info on that bike.
Old 02-27-2009, 10:48 PM   #97
Azylum
The Chosen One

so why exactly would anyone put their shittiest work on the front page of their website?
Old 02-27-2009, 10:50 PM   #98
KillinTime

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
13' Cbr1000rr
Suzuki Boulevard

Old 02-27-2009, 10:54 PM   #99
Falkryte
SBN Vag Inspector

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
ninja 650r
ttr 125
crf50
tarded450

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azylum View Post
so why exactly would anyone put their shittiest work on the front page of their website?
I would because that is how i roll.... My is fabulous!
Old 02-27-2009, 10:55 PM   #100
Azylum
The Chosen One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkryte View Post
I would because that is how i roll.... My is fabulous!
Closed Thread

Advertisement