MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2009, 02:16 PM   #61
SecretAgent
The one and only

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
08 Harley FXDB Street Bob

Send a message via AIM to SecretAgent
no it just cracks me up that guys like you go out and buy a decent cam and then start charging people for pics when they have NO IDEA what makes a decent photograph. you then make it harder for the REAL photographers to make money because you charge a super low price for subpar work.

it seems like these days anyone with an slr is a pro now. absolutely ridiculous.
"There are some things nobody needs in this world, and a bright-red, hunch-back, warp-speed 900cc cafe racer is one of them - but I want one anyway, and on some days I actually believe I need one. That is why they are dangerous. "
-Hunter S. Thompson
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PP1 tonight El_Diablo Events, Meets and Rides 61 12-22-2008 11:33 PM
PP1 Tonight? K. Oliveira Events, Meets and Rides 3 09-10-2008 05:31 PM
TONIGHT! PP1 AznGoneNuts Events, Meets and Rides 15 03-31-2007 01:35 AM
pp1 tonight redd4211 Events, Meets and Rides 1 10-12-2005 06:44 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-26-2009, 02:18 PM   #62
ParAvion
Mr. Misanthrope

Feedback Rating: (0)

And you have seen my work?? Me snapping some quick pictures for free is my lifes work? Hmm I smell jealousy how lame.
Old 02-26-2009, 02:24 PM   #63
SecretAgent
The one and only

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParAvion View Post
And you have seen my work?? Me snapping some quick pictures for free is my lifes work? Hmm I smell jealousy how lame.
lmao, yeah, that's what it is....jealousy....sure thing buddy.
"There are some things nobody needs in this world, and a bright-red, hunch-back, warp-speed 900cc cafe racer is one of them - but I want one anyway, and on some days I actually believe I need one. That is why they are dangerous. "
-Hunter S. Thompson
Old 02-26-2009, 02:49 PM   #64
ParAvion
Mr. Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretAgent View Post
lmao, yeah, that's what it is....jealousy....sure thing buddy.
That's what it sounds like to me. If I am undercharging for crappy work your great work at market prices should have no problem selling. Why is crappy work hurting your sales? Ever ask yourself that? A good photographer is one who pleases his clients and who makes money, not one who gains favor from secret agent on motohouston.

Jealousy is a sickness seek help.
Old 02-26-2009, 02:57 PM   #65
SecretAgent
The one and only

Bike(s):

because people see "photographers" charging prices 4 times as low as the people who actually know what they're doing and then try to get us to charge the same. they then go to the cheaper person, and end up not being happy with how the pics turned out, leaving a sour taste in their mouth about photographers in general. they then end up coming to one of us for actual good pics, with that bad attitude in hand, left there by people like you. or when we go and cover a track event, we have people in the crowd like you offering pics for free, or next to nothing, despite there being a pro on scene. so when they hear the prices that we charge for the pics, they end up going with the cheap guy and getting lackluster pics.

this is why i don't do trackdays and bike/car shoots anymore. too many people like you doing it for below market value. i now stick to weddings/studio/portrait work. trust me, my work is not hurting, nor is my pocketbook. but it sure is a lot less stressful when i don't have to deal with jackasses like you that go buy a digicam and instantly think they're pros.

and an fyi, just because someone doesn't like your work, DOES NOT MEAN THEY'RE JEALOUS. remember that one.
-Hunter S. Thompson

Last edited by SecretAgent; 02-26-2009 at 03:01 PM.
Old 02-26-2009, 03:11 PM   #66
JRxGRUBZx

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
O-six six durty six (r.i.p)
07 zx6r (rip)
o-five six durty six (rip)
01 f4i - yes yes im a trader .

Quote:
because people see "photographers" charging prices 4 times as low as the people who actually know what they're doing and then try to get us to charge the same. they then go to the cheaper person, and end up not being happy with how the pics turned out, leaving a sour taste in their mouth about photographers in general. they then end up coming to one of us for actual good pics, with that bad attitude in hand, left there by people like you. or when we go and cover a track event, we have people in the crowd like you offering pics for free, or next to nothing, despite there being a pro on scene. so when they hear the prices that we charge for the pics, they end up going with the cheap guy and getting lackluster pics.

this is why i don't do trackdays and bike/car shoots anymore. too many people like you doing it for below market value. i now stick to weddings/studio/portrait work. trust me, my work is not hurting, nor is my pocketbook. but it sure is a lot less stressful when i don't have to deal with jackasses like you that go buy a digicam and instantly think they're pros.

and an fyi, just because someone doesn't like your work, DOES NOT MEAN THEY'RE JEALOUS. remember that one.
i say you guys should have a "SHOOT OUT " ... what do you say MH???
Old 02-26-2009, 03:19 PM   #67
S.D.W.
...Ready

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2011 ZX10 Racebike
2010 Crf450r
2009 zx6 race bike
2009 ttr110

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRxGRUBZx View Post
i say you guys should have a "SHOOT OUT " ... what do you say MH???

I doubt that secret agent would lower his standards to do such a thing. Seems like he has enough bidness going for him. Am I right or am I right?
Old 02-26-2009, 03:23 PM   #68
SecretAgent
The one and only

Bike(s):

wrd...i have nothing to prove here to anyone. i need not waste my time with a "shoot out"
-Hunter S. Thompson
Old 02-26-2009, 03:23 PM   #69
ParAvion
Mr. Misanthrope

Yes mr all knowing. That's why corporations pay me top dollar and blow up my work and put it on their trade show booths. Stick to wedding with your attitude you won't get far in corporate America. It's all about bottom line there. If there is a track sponsored photographer I don't sell pictures would not want that happening to me. You just sound bitter and old the way you are going on. The reality is everyone has access to nice cameras now and if you don't market it right then FAIL.

How you take me snapping some quick shots of friends bikes as competition to you simply reveals your insecurities and failure as a legitimate photographer. When photographer fail at real work they usually goto weddings that's why I abstain from them as well as them being a major pita.
Old 02-26-2009, 03:25 PM   #70
ParAvion
Mr. Misanthrope

Btw if I have to undercharge you to take business from you I will do it. What part of competition do you not understand?
Old 02-26-2009, 03:26 PM   #71
JRxGRUBZx

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
O-six six durty six (r.i.p)
07 zx6r (rip)
o-five six durty six (rip)
01 f4i - yes yes im a trader .

Quote:
Yes mr all knowing. That's why corporations pay me top dollar and blow up my work and put it on their trade show booths. Stick to wedding with your attitude you won't get far in corporate America. It's all about bottom line there. If there is a track sponsored photographer I don't sell pictures would not want that happening to me. You just sound bitter and old the way you are going on. The reality is everyone has access to nice cameras now and if you don't market it right then FAIL.

How you take me snapping some quick shots of friends bikes as competition to you simply reveals your insecurities and failure as a legitimate photographer. When photographer fail at real work they usually goto weddings that's why I abstain from them as well as them being a major pita.
ouch ... So what makes a good photographer ?? i really know nothing about photography
Old 02-26-2009, 03:27 PM   #72
yellowjacket
S.D.W's BFF

Feedback Rating: (6)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
2004 YZF-R1 *Street*
2003 CBR 600R *Track*

Send a message via AIM to yellowjacket
thanks again for my pictures I think they look really nice and yes I will return to you for money you have a customer in me and the other 2 guys who saw your work last night. I will let you know and we will get together.. And for the record he never once said im a professional photographer he said hey I can shoot some pictures of your bike this is some shots I have done before call me if you want to meet up... not I charge this this and this and im so awesome like secretagent muahahaha
Old 02-26-2009, 03:32 PM   #73
ParAvion
Mr. Misanthrope

My point one that secret agent won't ever get. You work for the customer. If he can afford $1 and you are willing to wrk for it then give them the best work you can for that amount. If he can't afford your work then you always have the opportunity to turn it down. I suspect secret agent sits on his computer more often than he is out working.

You should know your customer. I save the $500 an hour fee for a large corpration. I try to not charge 20 year old kids at starbucks for 2 minutes of my time and no setup.

Last edited by ParAvion; 02-26-2009 at 03:34 PM.
Old 02-26-2009, 03:38 PM   #74
SecretAgent
The one and only

Bike(s):

lol, yeah, wedding photogs are bottom of the barrel guys right?? hahahhaahahahahahaha. ok buddy. you can talk about my so-called insecurities all you want, but you're the one that blew up over my simple one line comment. i think this stuff is hilarious and feel no need to justify my work to you, it's too bad you don't feel the same.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Old 02-26-2009, 03:41 PM   #75
ParAvion
Mr. Misanthrope

Quote:
lol, yeah, wedding photogs are bottom of the barrel guys right?? hahahhaahahahahahaha. ok buddy. you can talk about my so-called insecurities all you want, but you're the one that blew up over my simple one line comment. i think this stuff is hilarious and feel no need to justify my work to you, it's too bad you don't feel the same.
You must be to not justify your work. I ALWAYS justify my work to a customer. Especially when the guy next to me wants to charge more and claims to be better.
Old 02-26-2009, 03:41 PM   #76
yellowjacket
S.D.W's BFF

Feedback Rating: (6)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
2004 YZF-R1 *Street*
2003 CBR 600R *Track*

Send a message via AIM to yellowjacket
hey secret agent can you send me a link I would like to see some of your work
Old 02-26-2009, 03:59 PM   #77
ParAvion
Mr. Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowjacket View Post
hey secret agent can you send me a link I would like to see some of your work
Wow it got quiet in here all of a sudden. I think I hear crickets. LOL
Old 02-26-2009, 04:18 PM   #78
624chic

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
barbie 4 wheeler

yo par....ready for my pics sunday? I'll lend you my lens You better be there or I'll kick your ( again)
Old 02-27-2009, 02:55 AM   #79
dudewhrsmybike

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R ABS

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to dudewhrsmybike
Quote:
corporations pay me top dollar and blow up my work and put it on their trade show booths.
If you don't mind me asking, who are some of your clients? I work and have a family owned business in the Trade Show Industry. Who knows, we could have some of your shots on our client's graphics. It is a small world you know.

It's GREEN, it's FAST, and it says Ninja on it
Old 02-27-2009, 03:41 AM   #80
dudewhrsmybike

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R ABS

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to dudewhrsmybike
Quote:
Originally Posted by dudewhrsmybike View Post
If you don't mind me asking, who are some of your clients? I work and have a family owned business in the Trade Show Industry. Who knows, we could have some of your shots on our client's graphics. It is a small world you know.
Hmm, that came out kinda wrong. I just thought it would be kinda funny if you had done some work for any of our clients. secretagent usually makes a thread interesting, Carry on.

It's GREEN, it's FAST, and it says Ninja on it
Closed Thread

Advertisement