MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2009, 08:32 PM   #1
delinquent

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2007 Triumph Speed Triple

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to delinquent
Language question

In the about me section of this page what is the language and what the does it say?
http://www.ultimatemxtrack.com/about_us.htm
delinquent is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bro Language Schmidie Off Topic 3 03-08-2012 02:06 AM
Learning new language quicksaveme Off Topic 11 01-12-2010 01:53 PM
excuse my language. NAT600R General Discussion (Moto Related) 65 08-05-2008 01:12 AM
English is a second language for some. KeeBee General Discussion (Moto Related) 2 08-01-2008 03:28 PM
is there a language blocker... B.S. Motorsports Forum Updates & Feedback 33 03-04-2006 03:29 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-02-2009, 08:34 PM   #2
Helios
Back again again...

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

Looks like Latin to me.
Helios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 09:50 PM   #3
pelochas

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2004 Kawasaki ZX-6R

it isnt option #2 espanol
pelochas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 10:09 PM   #4
Helios
Back again again...

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

Here you go... I found this.

http://www.lipsum.com/

I generated these paragraphs from this webiste:

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Vestibulum laoreet, sapien cursus egestas suscipit, nisi quam sagittis mi, quis feugiat urna lectus molestie ligula. Nulla lorem enim, volutpat nec, pulvinar vel, porta id, sapien. Maecenas sodales, dolor at fringilla mollis, mauris felis mattis massa, sit amet tincidunt diam lacus quis diam. Donec tempus neque sit amet massa. Maecenas suscipit aliquet nisi. Aliquam non est. Maecenas urna urna, mattis id, placerat ut, rhoncus vel, lacus. Maecenas et metus sed sem mattis porta. Nulla eu leo. Donec in arcu. Donec eget mi. Phasellus faucibus tortor quis massa. Curabitur eu urna. Cras in sapien eu ipsum eleifend vestibulum. Aliquam erat volutpat.

Proin rhoncus. Morbi dolor. Mauris lobortis. Duis risus. Suspendisse venenatis. Sed suscipit. Integer lobortis mattis eros. Quisque pretium faucibus eros. Ut hendrerit hendrerit quam. In sem. Suspendisse potenti. Aenean at sem. Aliquam ornare iaculis purus. Quisque sit amet orci. Donec eleifend justo ut metus. Maecenas porta leo et urna. Phasellus felis elit, accumsan ut, tempus sed, consectetur sit amet, mi.

Cras in ante. Aenean turpis. In venenatis, tortor non bibendum imperdiet, tellus lectus feugiat ante, vitae aliquam orci dolor lobortis justo. Etiam sit amet quam. Maecenas suscipit nulla eget nunc. Vestibulum eu erat. Nunc sit amet risus non mauris vestibulum commodo. Cras ornare viverra dui. Suspendisse ullamcorper. Mauris mollis accumsan augue. Vestibulum augue nibh, ornare sed, laoreet et, porta eu, dolor. In vulputate dapibus turpis. Curabitur velit. Donec euismod, enim eu lobortis dignissim, turpis justo consectetur tellus, ac condimentum tortor justo vitae enim. Vestibulum auctor pede et augue.
Old 02-02-2009, 10:49 PM   #5
cdill35

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

Lorem itself pain he is amet consectetuer to come up to elit. Each one feugiat a quiver laughter. To suspend venenatis tortor eget laoreet volutpat , now ligula ultricies bow vulputate volutpat in fact to hate pregnant bow. Some and skirmish when in fact to raise up vestibulum. Vivamus eleifend skirmish upon is. As yet to set free if not rutrum eget tincidunt but vulputate to make fit , a hollow. But various region and tortor. Some and how. But skirmish tortor , various and , to lay not , to raise up not urna. Pellentesque to have frequently sickness to make sad old age and netus and malesuada famine and unseemly to extreme poverty. Sickness magna laughter eleifend not vestibulum and , various but , how. Up to the time when lion. Curabitur and not equity. As yet now. Mauris when diam. Tomorrow rutrum , if not but to raise up price , now augue always equity ullamcorper mattis in fact laughter life eros. Upon venenatis equity not diam. Up to the time when ligula. Up to the time when ornare worthless good before. To suspend viverra imperdiet magna.
cdill35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 11:23 PM   #6
Helios
Back again again...

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdill35 View Post
Lorem itself pain he is amet consectetuer to come up to elit. Each one feugiat a quiver laughter. To suspend venenatis tortor eget laoreet volutpat , now ligula ultricies bow vulputate volutpat in fact to hate pregnant bow. Some and skirmish when in fact to raise up vestibulum. Vivamus eleifend skirmish upon is. As yet to set free if not rutrum eget tincidunt but vulputate to make fit , a hollow. But various region and tortor. Some and how. But skirmish tortor , various and , to lay not , to raise up not urna. Pellentesque to have frequently sickness to make sad old age and netus and malesuada famine and unseemly to extreme poverty. Sickness magna laughter eleifend not vestibulum and , various but , how. Up to the time when lion. Curabitur and not equity. As yet now. Mauris when diam. Tomorrow rutrum , if not but to raise up price , now augue always equity ullamcorper mattis in fact laughter life eros. Upon venenatis equity not diam. Up to the time when ligula. Up to the time when ornare worthless good before. To suspend viverra imperdiet magna.
I came up with the same thing on a Latin to English translator website which led me to believe it was some sort of a hybrid or made up "pig latin" style language.
Old 02-02-2009, 11:27 PM   #7
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

If it is Latin, PM the link to Miraculous Dan.
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 11:40 PM   #8
miraculous dan
Quality tuna fish.

Feedback Rating: (6)

Bike(s):
Honda VFR

It's Latin, but not any Latin I know. There's a bunch of not-real words in it, and spots where other words are clearly missing, or words where the endings have been left off. Think of a drunk man trying to recite Shakespeare and you have a pretty close comparison to what that is.
Old 02-02-2009, 11:48 PM   #9
miraculous dan
Quality tuna fish.

Feedback Rating: (6)

Bike(s):
Honda VFR

The first sentence, for example-

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit

Lorem and elit = gibberish

adipiscing = adipiscor with a made up ending

ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur = Let pain itself exist, love, and follow...

Makes no sense at all, but it's not just random words
Old 02-03-2009, 12:11 AM   #10
gueroaero
@ shcool

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
Vulcan 1500

A long time friend of mine used to show me some of her web designing work and there was a latin "filler" that was used when doing a mock up of a design. Usually didn't make sense if you translated it, but again it was just so that you would have an idea of what the text would look like in whatever format you put it in.
Old 02-03-2009, 02:17 AM   #11
Ogre
Ancient one

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by gueroaero View Post
A long time friend of mine used to show me some of her web designing work and there was a latin "filler" that was used when doing a mock up of a design. Usually didn't make sense if you translated it, but again it was just so that you would have an idea of what the text would look like in whatever format you put it in.
Yes it's filler content that is supposed to be replaced with the real content before the website is published. Effective translation is "ignore this page of my website, because I haven't bothered to put anything useful in here"

"The only thing in life that can't be taken away from you is your integrity. You have to give it away"
Ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 02:20 AM   #12
maxgs

Member Garage

The whole family was working on this little problem. Woo hoo!
Old 02-03-2009, 02:32 AM   #13
Ogre
Ancient one

Bike(s):
Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxgs View Post
The whole family was working on this little problem. Woo hoo!
Don't you have a plaque or head to polish?

"The only thing in life that can't be taken away from you is your integrity. You have to give it away"
Old 02-03-2009, 02:55 AM   #14
maxgs

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogre View Post
Don't you have a plaque or head to polish?
As a matter of fact, I have several. Would like to compare, Papa DvlRacer/M. Dan?
Old 02-03-2009, 03:15 AM   #15
Ogre
Ancient one

Bike(s):
Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxgs View Post
As a matter of fact, I have several. Would like to compare, Papa DvlRacer/M. Dan?
No I'm not interested in seeing your . You can keep it to yourself there big boy.

Advertisement