MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2009, 10:34 PM   #41
Predator04
Proud Former Marine!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
07R1 street bike
07R1 Racebike
08GSXR-750 streetbike.... Totalled

Well I geuss beauty is in the eye of the beholder I think the new GSXR 1k is a gorgeous bike cant beleive so many of you dont like it but again eye of the beholder I geuss.
scott
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2009 Suzuki GSX-R 600 Engine Noise? don747 How To's and Q & A's 9 04-01-2014 09:22 PM
2009 Suzuki GSX-R 600 Oil Leak don747 Performance and Modifications 10 03-10-2014 05:38 PM
Looking for a GSX-R 1000 EM Pro fivequarterturn General Discussion (Moto Related) 3 07-23-2010 06:12 PM
2009 Suzuki GSX-R1000 Whoop Taking it to the Track 21 09-26-2008 09:53 PM
GSX-R 1000 Air Plane Chase 1fastchevy General Discussion (Moto Related) 12 06-07-2008 12:48 AM
Advertisement
Old 02-02-2009, 10:39 PM   #42
Brian f.

Bike(s):
06 CRF450 Tard FOR SALE!!!!!!
2007 1000RR
K8 750 Track bike
Racecar 8.02 @ 169 FOR SALE, not for faint of heart

All of you are ........................now im online looking over and reading about litre bikes.

Why does no-one mention the Fireblade, 08 or 09 model?? I know the front end is an "acquired taste" but they sure did all rave about how nimble and great it responded on the track???
Brian f. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 01:21 AM   #43
S.D.W.
...Ready

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2011 ZX10 Racebike
2010 Crf450r
2009 zx6 race bike
2009 ttr110

Quote:
Originally Posted by JET View Post
See that is what I am trying to figure out, been shopping lately to replace my old bike just have yet to make the final jump on which one. When I decide is when I really start pricing what I am after and shop around for the best deal. Probably come from the place in OH and have it shipped in and pay taxes here. But who knows, it will be both street and track duty.
Gixxers are hideous bro....BLAH. passing them is the best thing so you dont have to look at that ugly tail
Old 02-03-2009, 02:16 AM   #44
The_Gunslinger
Kamakasi

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
'07 zx6r
'02 xr250r

italians do it right.

2009 Aprilia RSV1000 RFactory

& twins make better music...they don't sound like off rabid sewing machines. they sound like proper tractors.
The_Gunslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 02:45 AM   #45
chris514scott

Bike(s):
2008 Silver R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxgs View Post
I love my '08 gsxr, but for an '09, I'd seriously be looking at the R1. The "almost" big bang motor would be a great toy on the track.
Its not "Almost" big bang. Its not even close. Its a cross-plane crank. Look up the differences. Big bang is firing two pistons at once to make a BIG BANG. the cross-plane uses an uneven firing order with the lobes on the crank 90-degrees from each other. Google BIG BANG and CROSS-PLANE and look at the difference. This BIG BANG stuff is getting thrown around way to much lately

Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/iantuter
chris514scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 02:57 AM   #46
maxgs

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris514scott View Post
Its not "Almost" big bang. Its not even close. Its a cross-plane crank. Look up the differences. Big bang is firing two pistons at once to make a BIG BANG. the cross-plane uses an uneven firing order with the lobes on the crank 90-degrees from each other. Google BIG BANG and CROSS-PLANE and look at the difference. This BIG BANG stuff is getting thrown around way to much lately
Interesting. Here http://hellforleathermagazine.com/20...ed-with-b.html it says...

The 2009 Yamaha R1 has been officially unveiled by Yamaha, and as we predicted, it has a Yamaha M1-like big bang firing order. The first time a big bang engine has been used on a production bike, Yamaha is calling it “Crossplane Technology” and it puts each connecting rod 90º from the next, meaning the cylinders fire at 270°- 180°- 90°- 180°. This spreads out the power pulses to the rear tire, allowing it to regain traction in between each pulse. The result is more usable traction under large throttle openings, meaning riders will be able to accelerate out of corner earlier and harder. While the rest of the machine appears fairly conventional, that couldn’t be farther from the truth.
Old 02-03-2009, 08:49 AM   #47
ileono918
On hiatus

Feedback Rating: (4)

Trackdays: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian f. View Post
All of you are ........................now im online looking over and reading about litre bikes.

Why does no-one mention the Fireblade, 08 or 09 model?? I know the front end is an "acquired taste" but they sure did all rave about how nimble and great it responded on the track???
Since you provided me with an avatar, I will respond

Last years biggest improvement was made by Kawi on the ZX10. This year the R1. Although the Honda is a good bike it is not there with the others.
I am not sure why we are talking about the GSXR that bike has long lost its crown.
ileono918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 09:25 AM   #48
Brian f.

Bike(s):
2007 1000RR
K8 750 Track bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by ileono918 View Post
Since you provided me with an avatar, I will respond

Last years biggest improvement was made by Kawi on the ZX10. This year the R1. Although the Honda is a good bike it is not there with the others.
I am not sure why we are talking about the GSXR that bike has long lost its crown.
Hmmmmm, i dont really follow up alot on the big bikes, but thats interesting b/c i thought the Honda was the new "fling" to have but lots of folks couldnt get oast that front end (kinda like the new R1).

So kawi much improved the ZX10??? They dont offer much for color options though, like 2 colors and thats all???
Old 02-03-2009, 10:01 AM   #49
RojerLockless
member of NO MA`AM

Feedback Rating: (10)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
Honda CB919

Member Garage

Quote:

cuz they are haters

the fireblade is gonna whip up on all of them anyway. Theres just something about my 1000 that handles better then any 600 i've ever ridden because it's lighter then most 600's i'v ever ridden.

http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=79576

RojerLockless@Motohouston.com
BRING BACK GIXXERBILL!!!
CRBsig 2
RojerLockless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 10:20 AM   #50
Brian f.

Bike(s):
2007 1000RR
K8 750 Track bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by RojerLockless View Post
cuz they are haters

the fireblade is gonna whip up on all of them anyway. Theres just something about my 1000 that handles better then any 600 i've ever ridden because it's lighter then most 600's i'v ever ridden.

http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=79576
See thats what i keep hearing about it, that it handles "light." Thats what i think sounds so great about it if its true, b/c i rode my buddies 05 R1 and that thing felt like a *ucking TANK as far as handling compared to my 750. It was work to manuever and i hated it for that
Old 02-03-2009, 10:54 AM   #51
ThomAss
I like to ride

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 CBR1000rr
06 CBR1000rr
05 CRF450r
09 Ruckus

Quote:
Originally Posted by JET View Post
Hmm ZX10 has head shake issues did it not ??? Are they still haveing this same issue, I know a dampner will help but still heard it was pretty bad.

J
Older ZX10's were a problem but I haven't heard of any problems with the >06 models.
ThomAss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 10:55 AM   #52
RojerLockless
member of NO MA`AM

Feedback Rating: (10)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
Honda CB919

Member Garage

The Fireblade handles exactly like any 600 because it's as light as one, every inch of weight was moved in closer to the middle of the bike to make it turn on a dime, and it does.

it's 15lbs lighter then the 06 600rr

RojerLockless@Motohouston.com
BRING BACK GIXXERBILL!!!
CRBsig 2
RojerLockless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 02:20 PM   #53
Predator04
Proud Former Marine!

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
07R1 street bike
07R1 Racebike
08GSXR-750 streetbike.... Totalled

Quote:

I have had very negative exp on the new Honda, I was at willow springs and had the oppurtunity to ride one for a 2 days at a WSMC weekend and not only did it overheat twice but would go into some kind of limp mode and lose power after about 7 or so laps and this was in nice weather there about 80 degrees, I was told this is a recurring problem with that motorcycle. I would not consider buying that bike at all. The gixxer is my main choice because of it power and shorter chassis which means quicker turn in.
scott
Old 02-04-2009, 05:05 PM   #54
Brian f.

Bike(s):
2007 1000RR
K8 750 Track bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predator04 View Post
I have had very negative exp on the new Honda, I was at willow springs and had the oppurtunity to ride one for a 2 days at a WSMC weekend and not only did it overheat twice but would go into some kind of limp mode and lose power after about 7 or so laps and this was in nice weather there about 80 degrees, I was told this is a recurring problem with that motorcycle. I would not consider buying that bike at all. The gixxer is my main choice because of it power and shorter chassis which means quicker turn in.
scott
Can you sight some specific examples or where folks have discussed this on websites?? I tried to dig something up in a couple quick searches but couldnt find anything and hadnt heard about that. Im interested to hear about it in more detail. Maybe you were just on a "bad bike," it happens
Old 02-04-2009, 05:46 PM   #55
Brian f.

Bike(s):
2007 1000RR
K8 750 Track bike

Went through the first 6 pages of "general discussion" and read all the threads posted about 08 Honda. Saw lots of talk and concern with burning through oil seemed to be the predominant concern. Second seemed to be the gear box getting false neutrals, and Third is some clutch assmebly update needed on the earlier 08

Just from my quick crash course.

All of the new bikes lack alittle something in the looks department i think

Advertisement