MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2009, 09:55 AM   #1
Grinchy
Senior Member
 
Grinchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Seabrook
Feedback Rating: (15)
Posts: 15,535

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'prila









Bimota to build chassis for new Moto2 600 class

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/sp...moto2-chassis/

love it
Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
cbr 600 build cbr600f Performance and Modifications 3 06-09-2014 02:14 PM
06 gsxr 600 build in 2 days. albertinhouston General Discussion (Moto Related) 25 06-04-2013 08:38 PM
Moto2 class to open in 2010 with single engine supplier Mr Richards Taking it to the Track 11 04-12-2009 12:02 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-31-2009, 09:58 AM   #2
Japawhat02
02 Tona
 
Japawhat02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: P-land
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 6,940

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2002 Daytona









wow thats friggin nice.....
__________________
2002 Brittish Rocket
Japawhat02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 10:49 AM   #3
FLYIN'DUC
Senior Member
 
FLYIN'DUC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Cleveland, Texas
Feedback Rating: (7)
Posts: 6,254


Bike(s):
07 Ducati, 99 Busa









I love my Bimota, Rode it a little bit yesterday
FLYIN'DUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 11:03 AM   #4
gtdrivr
Al Gore lied to me.
 
gtdrivr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Spring
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 9,337

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
CBR954 arrrr arrrr









Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYIN'DUC View Post
I love my Bimota, Rode it a little bit yesterday


I WANT IT!!

BTW...Thanks a lot, Tim. Everything is great!
__________________
RIP Coach and Andy

Riding the back roads of heaven.

gtdrivr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 11:04 AM   #5
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo
 
tomLSTD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 6,798

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1






Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYIN'DUC View Post
I love my Bimota, Rode it a little bit yesterday
^^^^ I hate you!



<<<<< Loves Bimota, always has...
__________________
I am Tyler Durdin's bad attitude.
tomLSTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 11:31 AM   #6
FLYIN'DUC
Senior Member
 
FLYIN'DUC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Cleveland, Texas
Feedback Rating: (7)
Posts: 6,254


Bike(s):
07 Ducati, 99 Busa









Quote:
Originally Posted by gtdrivr View Post


I WANT IT!!

BTW...Thanks a lot, Tim. Everything is great!
U are welcome, glad to help and thank U
FLYIN'DUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 11:34 AM   #7
FLYIN'DUC
Senior Member
 
FLYIN'DUC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Cleveland, Texas
Feedback Rating: (7)
Posts: 6,254


Bike(s):
07 Ducati, 99 Busa









Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
^^^^ I hate you!



<<<<< Loves Bimota, always has...
Dont be hatin brother, U need to take it for a ride someday, Its a screamer, and a work of art, not as badass compared to the 1098, but not much is really, It should be in a glass case somewhere
FLYIN'DUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 02:28 PM   #8
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo
 
tomLSTD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 6,798

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1






Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYIN'DUC View Post
Dont be hatin brother, U need to take it for a ride someday, Its a screamer, and a work of art, not as badass compared to the 1098, but not much is really, It should be in a glass case somewhere
That would be a treat! Especially at the track! OMG, that would make my year...
__________________
I am Tyler Durdin's bad attitude.
tomLSTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 02:35 PM   #9
FLYIN'DUC
Senior Member
 
FLYIN'DUC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Cleveland, Texas
Feedback Rating: (7)
Posts: 6,254


Bike(s):
07 Ducati, 99 Busa









The next track day I take, let me see if I can make that happen, If I have room in the trailer, or maybe I will just track her, She is so rare and perfect I might be a little nervous, but if I just dont push her, afterall that is where she is designed to be ridden
FLYIN'DUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 06:51 PM   #10
Turnerscasa
Box it, or bin it!
 
Turnerscasa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 311


Bike(s):
2008 CBR1000RR
2007 GSXR750








wow,,,thats cool..
Turnerscasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 08:09 PM   #11
OMEGA
good eenin *****es
 
OMEGA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: se houston
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 7,971

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2001 sv650(totalled) 01 yzfr6 now 2003sv1000




Member Garage





i would love to just ride one of those things atleast once in my life time
__________________
GU flag
SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL POLICE AND FIRE DEPARTMENTS!
OMEGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 09:06 PM   #12
logan5
Senior Member
 
logan5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Friendswood
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 5,805


Bike(s):
2001 SV 650 (my track ), 2005 SV 650s









I'd be happy to just sit on one.
__________________
Ben Franklin once told us that “The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself.”
"Blessed are the young for they shall inherit the national debt" Herbert Hoover
logan5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 12:06 AM   #13
Grinchy
Senior Member
 
Grinchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Seabrook
Feedback Rating: (15)
Posts: 15,535

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'prila









Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYIN'DUC View Post
The next track day I take, let me see if I can make that happen, If I have room in the trailer, or maybe I will just track her, She is so rare and perfect I might be a little nervous, but if I just dont push her, afterall that is where she is designed to be ridden
Tim, I had the same dilema a few years back when I had the R7 I was telling you about.
Whilst I regret selling her, I am so glad I rode her out on track.
I did 5 maybe 6 trackdays and absolutely loved it although the "what if I crash" feeling was always lurking.
Like you say, I always tried to be sensible and not push too hard and the track is most certainly where an R7, and I suspect the Bimota, belong.
Let me know when you go
some photo's of the "7" as promised
Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 01:48 AM   #14
FLYIN'DUC
Senior Member
 
FLYIN'DUC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Cleveland, Texas
Feedback Rating: (7)
Posts: 6,254


Bike(s):
07 Ducati, 99 Busa









She is georgeous, I dont know about the Bimota, after riding the Ducatis and the latest high end stuff, a 11 year old Bimota seems dated, maybe its just me, with Ohlins shock and Carbon Fiber forks, Brembo Goldline brakes, and all the lightweight Carbon bodywork, and 156 HP motor, she should rock, It has the original Antera (Ferrari) wheels, and they say they are heavy and make them steer slow, maybe thats what it is, we will see soon, that R7 is just pure
FLYIN'DUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 06:25 AM   #15
jodyhudson
Senior Member
 
jodyhudson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 4,297

Experience: 10+ years











Send a message via Yahoo to jodyhudson
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
That would be a treat! Especially at the track! OMG, that would make my year...
not if u crash the thing. can u afford to replace a Bimota ? use ur noggin Tom. " if i cant afford to buy it, then i dont need to ride it " has been my motto for the past 10 years i learned my lesson back in 1997 when i rode Mototek's factory Aprilia 250GP bike and it seized on me going into turn 1 @ TWS (Texas World Speedway) i had a severe concussion with black-out spells that lasted a week & their bike was completely thrashed. they had to split the cases to get all the mud and gravel out. think of all the variables before u jump on an opportunity like that Tom. i cant even begin to think of how many times i almost crashed on other peoples stuff because of their neglegence or because another rider on the track crashed right in front of me, almost taking me out. can u afford to buy a Bimota because of someone else's stupidy or lack of skill ?
jodyhudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 09:14 AM   #16
Grinchy
Senior Member
 
Grinchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Seabrook
Feedback Rating: (15)
Posts: 15,535

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'prila









Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYIN'DUC View Post
She is georgeous, I dont know about the Bimota, after riding the Ducatis and the latest high end stuff, a 11 year old Bimota seems dated, maybe its just me, with Ohlins shock and Carbon Fiber forks, Brembo Goldline brakes, and all the lightweight Carbon bodywork, and 156 HP motor, she should rock, It has the original Antera (Ferrari) wheels, and they say they are heavy and make them steer slow, maybe thats what it is, we will see soon, that R7 is just pure
FYI Tim, the R7 rode like a POS on the road, stiff, revy, nervous etc,
on the track it was just near perfect although I personally couldn't do it any justice at all.
Guess what I'm trying to say is that once on the track it all made sense but before that it was a dissapointment!! might be the same for the Bimota
Give it a go so you don't look back and regret
just don't bin it
Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 09:18 AM   #17
FLYIN'DUC
Senior Member
 
FLYIN'DUC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Cleveland, Texas
Feedback Rating: (7)
Posts: 6,254


Bike(s):
07 Ducati, 99 Busa









Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinchy View Post
FYI Tim, the R7 rode like a POS on the road, stiff, revy, nervous etc,
on the track it was just near perfect although I personally couldn't do it any justice at all.
Guess what I'm trying to say is that once on the track it all made sense but before that it was a dissapointment!! might be the same for the Bimota
Give it a go so you don't look back and regret
just don't bin it
Morning Mike, Hope that is the case here, Oh I will definately give it a go fo sho
FLYIN'DUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 09:24 AM   #18
Grinchy
Senior Member
 
Grinchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Seabrook
Feedback Rating: (15)
Posts: 15,535

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'prila









Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYIN'DUC View Post
Morning Mike, Hope that is the case here, Oh I will definately give it a go fo sho
morning Tim
do it, and get some video footage of it at full chat
bet it sounds sweet
Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 11:51 AM   #19
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo
 
tomLSTD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 6,798

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1






Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by jodyhudson View Post
not if u crash the thing. can u afford to replace a Bimota ? use ur noggin Tom. " if i cant afford to buy it, then i dont need to ride it " has been my motto for the past 10 years i learned my lesson back in 1997 when i rode Mototek's factory Aprilia 250GP bike and it seized on me going into turn 1 @ TWS (Texas World Speedway) i had a severe concussion with black-out spells that lasted a week & their bike was completely thrashed. they had to split the cases to get all the mud and gravel out. think of all the variables before u jump on an opportunity like that Tom. i cant even begin to think of how many times i almost crashed on other peoples stuff because of their neglegence or because another rider on the track crashed right in front of me, almost taking me out. can u afford to buy a Bimota because of someone else's stupidy or lack of skill ?
Given the chance, I wouldn't even take it out of the paddock Jody.

But to ride it, would be a treat, and yeah, it would make my year.

The reason I wouldn't ride it at the track if offered? Let's just say, "been there, done that".
__________________
I am Tyler Durdin's bad attitude.
tomLSTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 12:26 PM   #20
jodyhudson
Senior Member
 
jodyhudson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 4,297

Experience: 10+ years











Send a message via Yahoo to jodyhudson
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
Given the chance, I wouldn't even take it out of the paddock Jody.

But to ride it, would be a treat, and yeah, it would make my year.

The reason I wouldn't ride it at the track if offered? Let's just say, "been there, done that".
jodyhudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:55 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy