MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2009, 02:44 AM   #1
loosenoose
veteran novice

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
07 sv650!

Member Garage

lol shopping spree!

so i have decided to keep my bike and just make it nicer and maybe something i can grow more attatched to.
i just got pazzo levers, woodcraft rearsets, and a yoshi slipon (from a wrecked bike, but who cares, my bike isnt winning any contests in the looks dept.)

i plan to continue this festival of spentature next weekend by giving Motorcycles Unlimited some business. i want a bigger sprocket and i want it now!
that is, if it doesnt cost too much to have them freshen up my bike.
woo!
so yeah, i just got my rebate. it's not all going to the bike. we just got back from ikea with a car load of for our soon to have apt in the woodlands (yay, my 1st hometown!) so i can be closer to the other MH apt dwellers. we are heading back to ikea for more bullshit after we move in, and what remains is going into a savings account so we will hopefully start working on getting out of this rut we have been in for the last couple of years.

montgomery has been great and all, but the bills are too high, and this place we live in now sucks . i love being out here with all of my favorite roads. the bike likes them, but the car just eats so much gas going into civilization at any chance.
yaaay!
anyways, bye! i have to wake up in a few hours for work
loosenoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-29-2009, 03:53 AM   #2
SecretAgent
The one and only

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
08 Harley FXDB Street Bob

Send a message via AIM to SecretAgent
not trying to be a killjoy man, but ride the bike as is and enjoy it. don't put any more money into it. save what you got. if you're already in debt, don't spend more money on stuff you don't need, especially when the economy is only going to get worse.
"There are some things nobody needs in this world, and a bright-red, hunch-back, warp-speed 900cc cafe racer is one of them - but I want one anyway, and on some days I actually believe I need one. That is why they are dangerous. "
-Hunter S. Thompson
SecretAgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 06:44 AM   #3
loosenoose
veteran novice

Bike(s):
07 sv650!

Member Garage

we're not in debt. we were for a while following a suprise firing right after my daughter was born, but that has all been cleared up. it's pretty much been paycheck to paycheck and then something small would put us negative and we'd screw up and wind up with like 3 OD fees because of small stupid stuff.

whatever though. we are getting out of this money trap in montgomery, with the crotchity old man who yells at us about any maintenance issue, and the front door that might as well be a screen door it lets the house breathe so effectively.
Old 01-29-2009, 07:05 AM   #4
loosenoose
veteran novice

Bike(s):
07 sv650!

Member Garage

in addition, i know these were not the wisest of financial moves, but we were really in need for a morale pick me up. im sure everyone has been there before. some would plop the whole thing in savings (and still be pretty down), but we chose to spend it, and put a smaller portion in savings.
also, i know the saying 'you cant polish a '. the conflicts between my bike and me have not usually been because of my bike just sucking eggs. it's my first bike, it came from a kid who neglected it like a hobby in itself, i should have known better and kept looking, but whatever, i got it. it had some issues when i got it and i fixed those as cheaply as possible. i am learning now. i have wizened up. things like cheap ebay levers no longer seem like a great deal, because i once thought they were a great deal. i bought them and they suck. i see the community's love of pazzo levers, so that is what i will invest some money into. im tired of my bike's wobbly, cheezy CF patterned levers.
even the thought of freezing my off to put all these new goodies on in my parent's garage at night puts a smile on my face right now.

, if it does turn out that all this life quality of life improving spending was a bad idea, i am confident in my ability to find some extra work and do what it takes to keep our heads above water. and we'll just have a funny story for our kids when they get older.
man, one of the mall security guys really wants me to do the mall security thing. who knows, i may take him up on that if i need to.

oh and yeah, these are some weird, unpredictable, times, but i know my job is very secure. nobody wants to take the jailers out of jails.

Advertisement