MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2009, 09:19 PM   #1
quicksaveme
Senior Member
 
quicksaveme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: South
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 1,641

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
2014 Multistrada GTS









can some help me adjust my clutch play?

I got new pazzo's installed on the R6. The feel great, but the cluth seems kind of loose and has more play than I would like.

Can anyone chip in and let me know how I can DIY and tighten up the slack?

Thanks guys

it's an 07 R6 just in case
quicksaveme is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
adjust chain? gallor How To's and Q & A's 29 05-08-2009 10:37 PM
Help! Can anyone help adjust my steering on a R6 Pachuco How To's and Q & A's 3 05-07-2009 01:15 PM
You can adjust the clutch lever hegith right??? quicksaveme How To's and Q & A's 2 01-30-2009 11:07 AM
Adjust Throttle Freeplay Lobo How To's and Q & A's 1 05-02-2005 12:17 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-28-2009, 11:09 PM   #2
klassik
Senior Member
 
klassik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Rosharon Tx
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 7,984

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
929
rnz450








where you at in the south?
__________________
www.teamstunters.com
klassik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 01:06 AM   #3
maxgs
Guest
 
Posts: n/a







Member Garage





Doesn't the R6 have a clutch cable? If so, there is likely an adjustment on the clutch level assembly. Spin the adjuster clockwise (toward the front of the bike) to take up the slack.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 08:06 AM   #4
bluewave18
Safety Third
 
bluewave18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: S.E.
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 34,108

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50








There should be one at the other end also. Look near the cover for a nut.
bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 09:12 AM   #5
quicksaveme
Senior Member
 
quicksaveme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: South
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 1,641

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
2014 Multistrada GTS









Quote:
Originally Posted by klassik View Post
where you at in the south?
beltway-45S

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxgs View Post
Doesn't the R6 have a clutch cable? If so, there is likely an adjustment on the clutch level assembly. Spin the adjuster clockwise (toward the front of the bike) to take up the slack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewave18 View Post
There should be one at the other end also. Look near the cover for a nut.


Thanks guys, I'll check it out and see if I can't mess something up
quicksaveme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 09:18 AM   #6
FLYIN'DUC
Senior Member
 
FLYIN'DUC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Cleveland, Texas
Feedback Rating: (7)
Posts: 6,254


Bike(s):
07 Ducati, 99 Busa









Its easy, just loosen up the lore collar just inside the leaver and unscrew the smaller threaded one untill U get about 1/8 inch slack where the lever meets the perch then tighten the large collar (just a adjuster lock nut really) should be a basic adjustment, warning dont get it too tight, if its loose do it in small steps, U allways want a little slack in the lever, hth
FLYIN'DUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 09:31 AM   #7
quicksaveme
Senior Member
 
quicksaveme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: South
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 1,641

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
2014 Multistrada GTS









Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYIN'DUC View Post
Its easy, just loosen up the lore collar just inside the leaver and unscrew the smaller threaded one untill U get about 1/8 inch slack where the lever meets the perch then tighten the large collar (just a adjuster lock nut really) should be a basic adjustment, warning dont get it too tight, if its loose do it in small steps, U allways want a little slack in the lever, hth


thank you sir

I went outside and adjusted it really quick n easy. Got it to tighten up just enough, left a little slack in there
quicksaveme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 09:36 AM   #8
FLYIN'DUC
Senior Member
 
FLYIN'DUC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Cleveland, Texas
Feedback Rating: (7)
Posts: 6,254


Bike(s):
07 Ducati, 99 Busa









Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksaveme View Post
thank you sir

I went outside and adjusted it really quick n easy. Got it to tighten up just enough, left a little slack in there
No Problem, its easy huh, and now U know how to do it and if U ever run out of adjustment up there then tighten it most of the way back up and loosen the other by the clutch cover, thats easy too
FLYIN'DUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 10:03 AM   #9
quicksaveme
Senior Member
 
quicksaveme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: South
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 1,641

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
2014 Multistrada GTS









Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYIN'DUC View Post
No Problem, its easy huh, and now U know how to do it and if U ever run out of adjustment up there then tighten it most of the way back up and loosen the other by the clutch cover, thats easy too
Thats what I was thinking... or even the opposite. Tighten the nut by the cover and loosen the clutch adjuster
quicksaveme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 11:49 AM   #10
klassik
Senior Member
 
klassik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Rosharon Tx
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 7,984

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
929
rnz450








yea it is easy just didnt think i could say it in a way that made since over the web lol
__________________
www.teamstunters.com
klassik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 11:51 AM   #11
kdog22
Wheelie it son..
 
kdog22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: spring
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 14,535

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2004 Honda xr50
1991 Honda z50
2004 WR450 Supermoto
1988 Honda ZB50 - For Sale

Member Garage





it's always better to have alittle too much slack than not enough, then it would probably create clutch problems becuase your clutch will always be slightly engaged cause premature wear and lack of power..

+1 to every else!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave C View Post
fkn kdogg just started staring at me like i'm bout to jump off this bike and murder some dave c. i was thinkin ok lets see what i did to this man to make him hate me and how fast can i run
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
Muhammad.........Nostradamus..........Kdog
The cycle continues.
kdog22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 11:54 AM   #12
quicksaveme
Senior Member
 
quicksaveme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: South
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 1,641

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
2014 Multistrada GTS









Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog22 View Post
it's always better to have alittle too much slack than not enough, then it would probably create clutch problems becuase your clutch will always be slightly engaged cause premature wear and lack of power..

+1 to every else!

Thats what I assumed... I probably double check it before I take off today and adjust as necessary
quicksaveme is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:39 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy