MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2009, 11:43 AM   #81
Squared

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2006 Kawasaki Ninja 650r
92' Nissan Pickup

Quote:
Originally Posted by zampano View Post
man, I wish I had seen this thread earlier

you ALWAYS want to get a vehicle out of a tow lot ASAP, do whatever you have to do, go get that bike out NOW, worry about how much you had to pay later.
Rent is due in two days and my girlfriend is out of work. $1085 for rent alone. Plus we have to eat and drive...

The thing is, I know my girlfriend is *supposed* to be getting a huge tax return in the next week or so, but what if it doesn't come through? I can't really put stock in it coming in before my rent is late and I can't really risk getting evicted.

Such a situation now. I was so happy to get it back I really didn't know how fast the fees stacked up and they certainly didn't tell me about the extra $50 fee when I called last time.

Grrrrrrrrrrrr.
Squared is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Stolen bike recovered from another country. humbleassassin Off Topic 3 05-05-2011 11:45 AM
Stolen Bike Recovered! dudewhrsmybike Off Topic 16 07-18-2007 11:37 PM
Stolen bike recovered 1hander General Discussion (Moto Related) 23 06-22-2007 11:00 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-29-2009, 11:55 AM   #82
zampano

Feedback Rating: (1)

Send a message via AIM to zampano
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squared View Post
Rent is due in two days and my girlfriend is out of work. $1085 for rent alone. Plus we have to eat and drive...

The thing is, I know my girlfriend is *supposed* to be getting a huge tax return in the next week or so, but what if it doesn't come through? I can't really put stock in it coming in before my rent is late and I can't really risk getting evicted.

Such a situation now. I was so happy to get it back I really didn't know how fast the fees stacked up and they certainly didn't tell me about the extra $50 fee when I called last time.

Grrrrrrrrrrrr.

I would lend you the money but it would be very hard to meet up with you today unless you could get out to westheimer and kirkwood no later than 5pm today .... lot should be open 24/7 though

let me know, and good luck, I hate seeing people get ripped off by tow lots and have yet to see someone get their money back from it. EVEN when the car was towed by mistake.
zampano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 12:01 PM   #83
zampano

I should have said at exactly 5
Old 01-29-2009, 12:05 PM   #84
Squared

Bike(s):
2006 Kawasaki Ninja 650r
92' Nissan Pickup

Quote:
I should have said at exactly 5
Apparently this lot closes at 5pm. I don't understand how they can do this either...

Also, I would borrow money for this, but I just remembered I can get a pay advance if I really want to and maybe just pray to my girlfriends tax return comes in.

We'll see. I have a few more hours to think about it before I need to head to work.
Old 01-29-2009, 12:08 PM   #85
zampano

what bank do you use?
Old 01-29-2009, 12:09 PM   #86
Squared

Bike(s):
2006 Kawasaki Ninja 650r
92' Nissan Pickup

Quote:
what bank do you use?
Wamu. Why? When I said pay advance I meant from my work. According to a coworker they do pay advance through HR.

It still leaves me a bit short for rent though which sucks.
Old 01-29-2009, 12:36 PM   #87
pelochas

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2004 Kawasaki ZX-6R

this is where credit cards / banks CASH in. When you need it...use it wisely
pelochas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 12:44 PM   #88
Squared

Bike(s):
2006 Kawasaki Ninja 650r
92' Nissan Pickup

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelochas View Post
this is where credit cards / banks CASH in. When you need it...use it wisely
I don't have a credit card anymore because I'm trying to get my finances right. It sucks in situations like this, but when I was young and stupid I killed my credit by spending ridiculously.

My girlfriend just checked her email and the IRS sent her something saying her tax return might be delayed, so I'm utterly ****ed.

If I have to wait until the 15th when I get paid next it's going to be around $600. It might be time to call my father and beg for a loan. *sigh* That's the last thing I wanted to do.
Old 01-29-2009, 12:51 PM   #89
ALEXD
HOUSTUNNAS

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
05 R6
SOLD-00 GSXR 750 StreetFighter
SOLD- 99 GSXR 600
SOLD-01 YAMAHA R6
03 600 RR

thats good you are one lucky to get your bike back congrats mann now stop typing and start riding
ALEXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 12:54 PM   #90
zampano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squared View Post
Wamu. Why? When I said pay advance I meant from my work. According to a coworker they do pay advance through HR.

It still leaves me a bit short for rent though which sucks.
cus I was gonna say if you happen to have wells fargo I could just send it to you
Old 01-29-2009, 12:57 PM   #91
ALEXD
HOUSTUNNAS

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
05 R6
SOLD-00 GSXR 750 StreetFighter
SOLD- 99 GSXR 600
SOLD-01 YAMAHA R6
03 600 RR

hey pay your rent late F&$% it !! thats what i would say you dont want to lose out on your bike and there not going to evict you being a week late on rent the law is 30 days notice so you have a long time
ALEXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 01:07 PM   #92
Squared

Bike(s):
2006 Kawasaki Ninja 650r
92' Nissan Pickup

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEXD View Post
hey pay your rent late F&$% it !! thats what i would say you dont want to lose out on your bike and there not going to evict you being a week late on rent the law is 30 days notice so you have a long time
I just called my dad to ask for a money loan.

I won't have any more money a week from now if my girlfriend doesn't get her return, that's the problem. And like I said, she just got a notice that the IRS is reviewing her records again.

She may have been audited. If you haven't noticed yet, I have either really good luck, or really bad luck. There is no gray area.
Old 01-29-2009, 01:22 PM   #93
BossLady
CMRA #898

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'09 ZX6R

Member Garage

They tell you that the lot closes at 5 but LEGALLY someone has to be there within 1 hour to release your belongings once you contact them... they just dont tell you that
Those guys are regulated, believe it or not
Old 01-29-2009, 01:33 PM   #94
Squared

Bike(s):
2006 Kawasaki Ninja 650r
92' Nissan Pickup

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossLady View Post
They tell you that the lot closes at 5 but LEGALLY someone has to be there within 1 hour to release your belongings once you contact them... they just dont tell you that
Those guys are regulated, believe it or not
This is some helpful information. THANK YOU. I may be able to get my bike back today if everything goes okay.

My dad said he'd be happy to help out but they don't have Wamu banks where he lives in MI. So he's calling my mom in FL to see if she can deposit the money for me right now.

Also, the district attorney is calling me back after 2:30 when he gets out of court to discuss me getting paid for all this stuff. I hope this guy has a car or a motorcycle himself, and they sell it to pay me back. That would be justice.

EDIT* Since you seem to be knowledgable of this stuff... do you know if I have to have proof of insurance to get it released to me? They told me I just need to have the title. Please tell me this is correct. It isn't insured yet because I have finalized my deal with Tuan yet.

Last edited by Squared; 01-29-2009 at 01:35 PM.
Old 01-29-2009, 01:59 PM   #95
pelochas

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2004 Kawasaki ZX-6R

i remember my truck was stolen and then found by LoJack. I went to claim it and have it towed to a bodyshop. When i called the pound, they closed at 5 and i told them that i will be there by 5. well i should like 2 minutes after 5 and they were lights out, doors locked and chained, and no one around. These pounds make money and hope you dont get it out. You better get that bike out and have something ready to load that bike out of the lot or you will charge for another day.

You need the Title or need the Registration showing proof its yours. And your DL. Some states do require insurance but i dont know about Texas.
pelochas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 02:14 PM   #96
jgooze9
Clap for me *****!

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2002 GSXR 750
1994 Z50
2007 GSXR 1000
1984 Z50
1988 ZB50

Yeah I learned my lesson about storage lots, my gixxer is sitting in one as we speak and charges are $850+
jgooze9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 02:23 PM   #97
BossLady
CMRA #898

Bike(s):
'09 ZX6R

Member Garage

No, you dont need insurance. They just need your ID to make sure the owner of record is the one picking up the bike.
Old 01-29-2009, 02:27 PM   #98
BossLady
CMRA #898

Bike(s):
'09 ZX6R

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgooze9 View Post
Yeah I learned my lesson about storage lots, my gixxer is sitting in one as we speak and charges are $850+
Too bad you dont have a friend that happened to be a mechanic so you could put a mechanics lien on it to get it back

... But that would be illegal and I would never promote that
Old 01-29-2009, 02:57 PM   #99
jheeziee110

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
06 Cbr 1000
03 xr 50
Arctic Cat Mud pro 700
Legend Bass Boat
02 Xr 50

y

i had a buddy that had a 05 gsxr 6 stolen about 2 years ago and they found it a year later. some prison guard was running from the cops in Louisiana. he only had liability. i think its karma. that is awesome you got it back, makes me feel good inside you know.i live in nw side and i have a trailer, i dislocated my elbow so i am off work until april if you need help, just pm me
jheeziee110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 06:30 PM   #100
Squared

Bike(s):
2006 Kawasaki Ninja 650r
92' Nissan Pickup

I GOT IT BACK!!!

Posting pics in a little bit when I get up to my office. I have some events to work tonight too... so it might take a little bit. But trust me, ya'll will want to see this lol.

Advertisement