MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2009, 02:24 PM   #1
jgooze9
Clap for me *****!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2002 GSXR 750
1994 Z50
2007 GSXR 1000
1984 Z50
1988 ZB50

Hotbodies fairing fitment

I'm thinking of buying a complete fairing set from On The Border, its only 999.95 shipping included which ain't a bad deal and I was wondering if anyone has used them before and had any issues wity the Hotbodies fitment like with the hong kong plastics in the other thread
jgooze9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
exhaust fitment messiah How To's and Q & A's 3 09-26-2012 04:44 PM
Exhaust fitment options dudewhrsmybike General Discussion (Moto Related) 18 01-23-2010 07:11 PM
1-peice suit fitment Chubby Racer Taking it to the Track 24 02-18-2009 02:27 PM
suomy fitment sbfuller Gear Talk 5 10-15-2007 06:49 PM
HELMET FITMENT H2447INTX Gear Talk 6 09-14-2007 05:04 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-25-2009, 02:43 PM   #2
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Feedback Rating: (31)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgooze9 View Post
I'm thinking of buying a complete fairing set from On The Border, its only 999.95 shipping included which ain't a bad deal and I was wondering if anyone has used them before and had any issues wity the Hotbodies fitment like with the hong kong plastics in the other thread
PM Azylum and ask him for the seller that he got his from. His look awesome and fitment was near perfect. If I remember correctly he paid about half that all together.
Pyrofallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 02:51 PM   #3
Turnerscasa
Box it, or bin it!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2008 CBR1000RR
2007 GSXR750

Yea, that price is stupid.
Turnerscasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 04:03 PM   #4
jgooze9
Clap for me *****!

Bike(s):
2002 GSXR 750
1994 Z50
2007 GSXR 1000
1984 Z50
1988 ZB50

How's it stupid? Stubbs wants $2184 + tax for a set and I know its oem but I really don't care about that if I can get a set that fits nicely
Old 01-25-2009, 04:15 PM   #5
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

I dont think thats TOO bad of a price....

however Id check with some of our sponsors and see what they can get you for less money.

Ive heard of fitment issuse with hotbodies stuff before.
Old 01-25-2009, 05:44 PM   #6
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

the set i have i cant complain about at all, especially for the price. been on there almost a year and still look great. if you can get a good deal on OEM through one of our sponsors tho, thats definitely the route id to. OEM is always better.
Old 01-25-2009, 07:15 PM   #7
buddha429
Reformed Track Addict

Feedback Rating: (6)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
at the junkyard

i'd get the china stuff before i ordered anymore hotbodies. installed a set of clear bodywork on a 06 gsxr600, fitment was poor, several mounting tabs weren't even there, bellypan was held on by slide on clips, installing it involved lots of cutting and bending. eventually the sidepanel flew off on the freeway. their older race bodywork was ok, but the newer stuff isn't worth the money.
buddha429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 07:21 PM   #8
Azylum
The Chosen One

guess i should have mentoined i have the china ones as well, not the hotbodies.
Old 01-25-2009, 08:22 PM   #9
cdill35

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

I have hot bodies on my track bike. fitment was perfect. If you have the money, I wouldn't go hong kong. While Azylums look good and had minimal issues, I think it is a shoot, as my buddy just got a set and they are snapping all over. Same seller.
cdill35 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 09:38 PM   #10
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 1

Member Garage

I've never dealt with Hotbodies street bodywork, but I can tell you that 99.9% of the Hotbodies race bodywork is junk with fitment, finish, and durability. I'd sooner get the cheap Ebay stuff 'cause it's no different than the Hotbodies other than the price.

For the price you've got on your Hotbodies, you can get a set of Sharkskinz (made for the street), and it will be as good/ better than OEM.

Check with Patrick at Motorcycles Unlimited, he'll give you a serious hookup on the Sharkskinz!
Old 01-25-2009, 10:06 PM   #11
cdill35

Bike(s):
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
I've never dealt with Hotbodies street bodywork, but I can tell you that 99.9% of the Hotbodies race bodywork is junk with fitment, finish, and durability. I'd sooner get the cheap Ebay stuff 'cause it's no different than the Hotbodies other than the price.

For the price you've got on your Hotbodies, you can get a set of Sharkskinz (made for the street), and it will be as good/ better than OEM.

Check with Patrick at Motorcycles Unlimited, he'll give you a serious hookup on the Sharkskinz!
hmmmm....mine were perfect. But I bought them used. Havent tested durability yet.
Old 01-25-2009, 10:13 PM   #12
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 1

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdill35 View Post
hmmmm....mine were perfect. But I bought them used. Havent tested durability yet.
Brandt, I didn't say all of them, some folks have good luck; however, I bet if you had some Sharkskinz or Attack Performance on your bike, you'd chuck those Hotbodies.

I seem to remember you got a good deal on your bodywork- and that makes a big difference too.

Over the past 3-4 years, Hotbodies has gone to shyte. The stuff they made before that was actually pretty decent stuff though... you may have a set of those.

Some folks were starting the rumor too that Yoshimitsu and Hotbodies are one in the same... not to hard to believe that either.

To the OP, iirc, the Sharkskinz web site retails bodywork for your bike for just over a grand, and I KNOW that they are clearly superior to the Hotbodies for the track or street.

I've been painting/ repairing race and street bodywork for a long time now- I've seen every brand of bodywork out there and I can tell you from first hand experience from owning/ working on different sets. There's no way you could get me to pay $1000 for a set of Hotbodies, especially when Sharkskinz are out there for comparable cost.
Old 01-25-2009, 10:40 PM   #13
cdill35

Bike(s):
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

Quote:
Brandt, I didn't say all of them, some folks have good luck; however, I bet if you had some Sharkskinz or Attack Performance on your bike, you'd chuck those Hotbodies.

I seem to remember you got a good deal on your bodywork- and that makes a big difference too.

Over the past 3-4 years, Hotbodies has gone to shyte. The stuff they made before that was actually pretty decent stuff though... you may have a set of those.

Some folks were starting the rumor too that Yoshimitsu and Hotbodies are one in the same... not to hard to believe that either.

To the OP, iirc, the Sharkskinz web site retails bodywork for your bike for just over a grand, and I KNOW that they are clearly superior to the Hotbodies for the track or street.

I've been painting/ repairing race and street bodywork for a long time now- I've seen every brand of bodywork out there and I can tell you from first hand experience from owning/ working on different sets. There's no way you could get me to pay $1000 for a set of Hotbodies, especially when Sharkskinz are out there for comparable cost.
Cant argue with that.
Old 01-26-2009, 11:47 AM   #14
jgooze9
Clap for me *****!

Bike(s):
2002 GSXR 750
1994 Z50
2007 GSXR 1000
1984 Z50
1988 ZB50

Thanks everyone, Im gonna look into the sharkskinz and if I don't go with that I'm gonna get the ones like Azylum... His look pretty nice, I'm just not paying $2184 for OEM from Stubbs and that's not including the fender, seat cowl and all the little misc. pieces
Old 01-26-2009, 10:48 PM   #15
Azylum
The Chosen One

Quote:

agreed. but if youre on a budget like i was, the money i paid cant be beat. sharkskinz is by far superior quality, but youll have to spend roughtly a grand on teh plastics, then several hundred more to get them painted they way you like. just my .02.

Advertisement