MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2009, 01:12 PM   #1
specterunseen
El Brilliante

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Kawasaki EX250 (dead due to mechanical failure)
Kawasaki EX500 (on loan from a friend)
Pending, bikeless once the 500 gone :-(
Want Husky 510SMR or KTM 690 SMC to continue the hooligan activity

Forest

SO, I was so excited to have a ex500 and actualy something that my wife could ride with me, so we headed out to the forest yesterday around 430pm. It was cold, I had her dress in layers. The bike handled fine with two up. Remarkably better than the 250. Well, I pushed it a little too far so basically me wife hated me for a few minutes and then just resigned herself, since it dropped to around 40 degrees. We did the whole forest and came back way of 1774 in the dark with weather.com indicating 38-42 degrees. Wow. That was cold. She forgave me, since I really didn't mean to get her that cold and just kind of got carried away, and figured looping back around 1774 wouldn't be that much longer than coming back 149, It was a long ride. I traded her my thinsulate gloves that helped take the edge off her fingers, and I had normal leather riding gloves. I faired better on the legs with cold weather pants where she had mesh like pants. I took the brunt of the wind with my leather jacket, but she still got cold in her textile jacket. PLAN ahead. If I hadn't already snagged this woman and married here, I imagine I wouldn't be having a 2nd date, unless the defrosting at home process won a little kudos.

WOW. The forest at dusk/night in 40 degree weather is fun... but COLD. I didn't want to go to fast on the way home because of deer.

I defrosted her with a hot shower when we got home and she was cool about it, but I'm going to plan the route when we don't run out of daylight during spring and take her to really enjoy it.

For a good point, hardly any traffic at that time. :-) Saw 2 other motorcycles on the route that is normally extremely busy with bikers.

.... you know riding is your passion when.... you ride the forest at night at 40 degrees to avoid waiting to have a weekend ride

.... you know riding is your passion when.... you're wife has ever had to defrost from a country ride, and nearly suffered hypothermia.
specterunseen is offline   Reply With Quote