Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2009, 07:19 PM   #61
bluewave18
Safety Third

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

I'm acting like I was gonna ride that bish all day fri. and 1/4 mile it Sun. FU by the way. The deal was pretty good also. But still FU!
bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
family values activist who molested sisters & others also on ashley madison urbanXJ The Circus 3 08-21-2015 11:52 AM
Doctor allegedly molested 103 children, filmed the attacks urbanXJ Off Topic 35 02-25-2010 09:33 AM
Fair warning: RANT, long rant tyme2move General Discussion (Moto Related) 37 09-03-2008 07:49 AM
Looking for a Dealer Jay SWAT General Discussion (Moto Related) 20 01-05-2008 12:47 AM
Advertisement
Old 01-22-2009, 07:19 PM   #62
MudBug
Banned

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
1994 kawi zx7
1991 DR250

Member Garage

User is banned

MudBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 07:19 PM   #63
Scatter

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 4-8 months

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewave18 View Post
As far as I am concerned it was SOLD. I just hope you can see that. I'm all about my word. Anyone who knows me will attest to this. I have a right to be . Just because you deal with FOS people all of the time does not mean you have to join the club.
i am not trying to debate and all that good stuff, especially since the man i love seems to be one of your target attacks

they don't know you. they don't know your word from jack. just because you say your word is good, doesn't mean they have to believe you. "everyones" word is golden in the sales business
Scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 07:21 PM   #64
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

I felt bad for you in the beginning of this thread...now, not so much.
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 07:21 PM   #65
TREE
Professional Partier

Bike(s):
2002 Honda F4i (street/stunt)
2009 TTR50 (stunt/street-illegally)
2006 crf50
1984 CB700sc Nighthawk

I'm curious...

was this a pre-owned bike... or a brand new bike off the showroom floor from 2008?
Originally Posted by gtdrivr View Post
If more people watched , the world would be a much more peaceful place!
TREE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 07:22 PM   #66
ileono918
On hiatus

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewave18 View Post
I know its the business that has you jaded and all, but . You cant really agree with this practice.
Have you tried looking to get the bike from a dealer in a north state (Minesota or Dakota, etc)? I am not jurkin your chain, I'm serious.
At this time due to the weather you can get killer deals, you might get it cheaper even with the crating rates.
ileono918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 07:23 PM   #67
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

I see that. I cant argue that. That doesnt mean I dont have a right to be . It doesnt mean it wasnt wrong by most standards. The only people supporting it are sales guys and pricks. They are either in the business of dealing with losers or are one their selves. MB is cool with me. He isnt a target and I know it's the business that has him thinkin this way.
Old 01-22-2009, 07:24 PM   #68
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Member Garage

You're on here trying to compare W2's and you're calling everyone else losers and pricks?
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
Old 01-22-2009, 07:24 PM   #69
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

I want it to be local. I want to see it at least. And so sorry it doesnt suit your taste DVL. If you sided with me at all even for a little bit thats all that counts.
Old 01-22-2009, 07:25 PM   #70
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

I was saying honesty pays also. I would think you could appreciate that.
Old 01-22-2009, 07:25 PM   #71
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

I didnt bring up the W2
Old 01-22-2009, 07:26 PM   #72
v4lu3s

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2003 CBR 600 F4i -- Sold

Member Garage

It would have taken all of one phone call from the sales floor to determine if the buyer was going to show. Its a little thing, takes maybe 30-45 seconds. Its a respectful thing. Its certainly not a difficult thing. Its also something that makes the difference between customers that repeat buy from your or not.
v4lu3s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 07:27 PM   #73
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

Thank you!
Old 01-22-2009, 07:28 PM   #74
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

Credit is good, jobs good,income is good,loan is good, ins. is good,word is good. What's the problem? A phone call is all it would have taken.
Old 01-22-2009, 07:29 PM   #75
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by v4lu3s View Post
It would have taken all of one phone call from the sales floor to determine if the buyer was going to show. Its a little thing, takes maybe 30-45 seconds. Its a respectful thing. Its certainly not a difficult thing. Its also something that makes the difference between customers that repeat buy from your or not.
Agreed, but I didn't see where he mentioned that the salesman who sold it was the same one he was working with. Maybe it was and I didn't see it?

IF it was the same salesman, I would expect at least a phone call to offer him a last chance at putting a deposit down via CC over the phone(after explaining another customer is interested), that would be assurance that he was not only going to come back, but he would have been coming back to buy. I've seen some pretty big dealerships though and I could see how one salesman is working with him while another sells out from under him without ever knowing at a dealership like Honda of Houston.
Old 01-22-2009, 07:32 PM   #76
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

It was the same salesman. Pizza is here and I have to feed the kiddos. I have to step away from this moral debate for a min.
Old 01-22-2009, 07:34 PM   #77
Gimpin2Fold
Wake up already

crib notes for all:

bluewave18 wanted to buy a bike, dealership asked him to put a deposit on the bike, he declined. someone else PAID for the bike before he did, other guy got the bike. now bluewave18 is mad that he didnt pay for the bike.

bluewave18, your wrong
Gimpin2Fold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 07:37 PM   #78
v4lu3s

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2003 CBR 600 F4i -- Sold

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlRacer View Post
Agreed, but I didn't see where he mentioned that the salesman who sold it was the same one he was working with. Maybe it was and I didn't see it?

IF it was the same salesman, I would expect at least a phone call to offer him a last chance at putting a deposit down via CC over the phone(after explaining another customer is interested), that would be assurance that he was not only going to come back, but he would have been coming back to buy. I've seen some pretty big dealerships though and I could see how one salesman is working with him while another sells out from under him without ever knowing at a dealership like Honda of Houston.
I honestly have not seen a bike dealer in Houston that sells new Suzukis that are big enough that the individual sales people do not have a clue what the other people are doing. I am sure it is possible but I guess it all depends on how well run and organized the sales department is I guess.
The dealership I used to work at each salesman knew what was pending or being worked on by other guys, and they would all look out for each other since its easier to do that then go out back and fight it out when you sell it out from under another guy.

Me, personally, if it was the same sales person that did it and I sure as wanted to work a deal at that particular dealer I would tell the sales manager I will do nothing with that salesperson. Though if it was me I would just take my business elsewhere. I would rather be treated as a person instead of just a "customer."
v4lu3s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 07:45 PM   #79
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

He was the sales manager
Old 01-22-2009, 07:48 PM   #80
TREE
Professional Partier

Bike(s):
2002 Honda F4i (street/stunt)
2009 TTR50 (stunt/street-illegally)
2006 crf50
1984 CB700sc Nighthawk

just my honest oppinion.... and I really hope this didn't happen at my dealership...

but finding a 2008 busa is going to be pretty hard right now if it was a brand new bike...
Originally Posted by gtdrivr View Post
If more people watched , the world would be a much more peaceful place!
TREE is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement