MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2009, 08:38 PM   #21
JMAC
Senior Member
 
JMAC's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Spring
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,887


Bike(s):
Ninja









Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer!! View Post
Oh yea...wind protection...i do mostly highway too. To busy looking at the pipes to notice the windshield ...back to the drawing board lol
Smart decision
Nice bike but not for open road
JMAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2014 Z1000---!!! Neon Samurai General Discussion (Moto Related) 4 11-05-2013 11:39 AM
Need new z1000 Neon Samurai General Discussion (Moto Related) 8 08-17-2012 12:01 PM
Z1000 to a 650? Dreamer!! General Discussion (Moto Related) 21 02-02-2009 11:16 AM
z1000: I want one. AiJay General Discussion (Moto Related) 42 08-24-2008 09:41 PM
New Z1000 doc_zx10r General Discussion (Moto Related) 0 08-14-2007 02:08 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-20-2009, 08:41 PM   #22
klassik
Senior Member
 
klassik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Rosharon Tx
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 7,984

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
929
rnz450








Quote:
Originally Posted by JMAC View Post
Smart decision
Nice bike but not for open road
i did the forest ride on the bandit. drove all the way to the north rode around all day and rode home and have no windshield. you can do without. and the z1's have a pretty good sized shield
__________________
www.teamstunters.com
klassik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 08:45 PM   #23
JMAC
Senior Member
 
JMAC's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Spring
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,887


Bike(s):
Ninja









Quote:
Originally Posted by bandito View Post
i did the forest ride on the bandit. drove all the way to the north rode around all day and rode home and have no windshield. you can do without. and the z1's have a pretty good sized shield
To each his own, but if you do any type of roadtrips longer than one day, you will be bumming
JMAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 08:46 PM   #24
ducoop
Senior Member
 
ducoop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,038

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2003 Z1000 (Sold)









I have a Z1k and with an aftermarket shield I didn't have any problems with the wind. Without the shield I get beat around quite a bit but its not bad if your just doing the speedlimits.
ducoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 08:49 PM   #25
Dreamer!!
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Hobby Airport
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 3,032

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
07 Ninja 250 (Sold), 93 CBR 900RR




Member Garage





Send a message via AIM to Dreamer!! Send a message via MSN to Dreamer!! Send a message via Yahoo to Dreamer!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducoop View Post
I have a Z1k and with an aftermarket shield I didn't have any problems with the wind. Without the shield I get beat around quite a bit but its not bad if your just doing the speedlimits.
How much bigger is the am shield and what kind is it?
Dreamer!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 09:02 PM   #26
ducoop
Senior Member
 
ducoop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,038

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2003 Z1000 (Sold)









not sure what kind it is (or was. I broke it when I gently set the bike down the other day) but it was about 3 inches taller then the stock and flared up a little so I got pretty good protection.

Im currently looking for a new one and can let you know what I find.
ducoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 09:03 PM   #27
klassik
Senior Member
 
klassik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Rosharon Tx
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 7,984

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
929
rnz450








Quote:
Originally Posted by JMAC View Post
To each his own, but if you do any type of roadtrips longer than one day, you will be bumming
i rode the hill country all weekend and was fine. to each his own
__________________
www.teamstunters.com
klassik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 09:04 PM   #28
Dreamer!!
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Hobby Airport
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 3,032

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
07 Ninja 250 (Sold), 93 CBR 900RR




Member Garage





Send a message via AIM to Dreamer!! Send a message via MSN to Dreamer!! Send a message via Yahoo to Dreamer!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducoop View Post
not sure what kind it is (or was. I broke it when I gently set the bike down the other day) but it was about 3 inches taller then the stock and flared up a little so I got pretty good protection.

Im currently looking for a new one and can let you know what I find.
Cool seems they are going for about 5 now
Dreamer!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 09:09 PM   #29
JMAC
Senior Member
 
JMAC's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Spring
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,887


Bike(s):
Ninja









Quote:
Originally Posted by bandito View Post
i rode the hill country all weekend and was fine. to each his own
Like I said I had different model naked bike so my comments are to be taken for what they are
Not trying to dispute your comments
JMAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 09:23 PM   #30
Dreamer!!
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Hobby Airport
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 3,032

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
07 Ninja 250 (Sold), 93 CBR 900RR




Member Garage





Send a message via AIM to Dreamer!! Send a message via MSN to Dreamer!! Send a message via Yahoo to Dreamer!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMAC View Post
Like I said I had different model naked bike so my comments are to be taken for what they are
Not trying to dispute your comments
Bandit 1200 right
Dreamer!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 09:26 PM   #31
JMAC
Senior Member
 
JMAC's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Spring
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,887


Bike(s):
Ninja









Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer!! View Post
Bandit 1200 right
zrx1100-different bike
definately could block wind different than z1000
Just such a big difference from my sport tourer....duh
JMAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 09:28 PM   #32
Dreamer!!
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Hobby Airport
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 3,032

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
07 Ninja 250 (Sold), 93 CBR 900RR




Member Garage





Send a message via AIM to Dreamer!! Send a message via MSN to Dreamer!! Send a message via Yahoo to Dreamer!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMAC View Post
zrx1100-different bike
definately could block wind different than z1000
Just such a big difference from my sport tourer....duh
what year was yours?
Dreamer!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 09:31 PM   #33
JMAC
Senior Member
 
JMAC's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Spring
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,887


Bike(s):
Ninja









Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer!! View Post
what year was yours?
1999 first year it came out
was great bike but the windshield forced the air directly at my chest and actually made the wind worse than no windscreen at all
JMAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 11:29 PM   #34
n2racing
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 77












Be happy to sell you one with ohlins suspension, Ti muzzy pipe, forged wheels, good head,ZX9 intake cam, Hyperpro damper, modded airbox, full Dyno jet (fuel, ignition and shifter) Gilles rearsets, mono chrome paint-black, Brake lines, ZX6rr kit master cyl. Sam McDonald tuning. 458lbs with 1/2 tank fuel. Not cheap, but a real hoot to ride.
Pax, Kevin
Chief Tech Inspector, CMRA
n2racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 12:01 AM   #35
Dreamer!!
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Hobby Airport
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 3,032

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
07 Ninja 250 (Sold), 93 CBR 900RR




Member Garage





Send a message via AIM to Dreamer!! Send a message via MSN to Dreamer!! Send a message via Yahoo to Dreamer!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by n2racing View Post
Be happy to sell you one with ohlins suspension, Ti muzzy pipe, forged wheels, good head,ZX9 intake cam, Hyperpro damper, modded airbox, full Dyno jet (fuel, ignition and shifter) Gilles rearsets, mono chrome paint-black, Brake lines, ZX6rr kit master cyl. Sam McDonald tuning. 458lbs with 1/2 tank fuel. Not cheap, but a real hoot to ride.
Pax, Kevin
Chief Tech Inspector, CMRA
i'd be happy to buy one but i have no monies
__________________
[CENTER][IMG]http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/2174/48830454.png[/IMG][/CENTER]
Dreamer!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 12:06 AM   #36
mikes-si
Senior Member
 
mikes-si's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Kingwood/San Marcos
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 831

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2006 kawasaki zx-6r









I love the '05's... get one!
mikes-si is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:44 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy