MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2009, 09:06 AM   #41
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Feedback Rating: (31)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDUB View Post
Sunny Moto Sports!
+1 Sunny hooks it up!
Pyrofallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone interested in trading dirt tires for my street tires? Faithfulfather Super Motards 4 07-07-2015 03:36 AM
Track tires (street tires exempt) Slovy Taking it to the Track 30 03-11-2013 03:37 PM
Trailer tires vs. PV tires BYRDMAN Safety Corner Main 11 08-09-2012 04:25 PM
Anybody sell truck tires? Need some tires YoungGun Off Topic 25 05-22-2012 08:07 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-26-2009, 09:51 AM   #42
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrofallout View Post
+1 Sunny hooks it up!
Really? Sunny carries all compounds of Bridgestones and Pirelli, has the best prices, gives on-track support, has the most knowledge about these tires, knows which compounds you'll need for each track, knows what pressures to run based off climate/ track/ riding style, and mounts and balances for free or ships to your house and will mount/ balance them at the track for you?

I seriously doubt he beats John on any of the above, though I'm sure he's a nice guy, but nobody beats SCracecenter.com for Bridgestones and Pirelli, I don't care who ya are
Old 01-26-2009, 09:56 AM   #43
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
Really? Sunny carries all compounds of Bridgestones and Pirelli, has the best prices, gives on-track support, has the most knowledge about these tires, knows which compounds you'll need for each track, knows what pressures to run based off climate/ track/ riding style, and mounts and balances for free or ships to your house and will mount/ balance them at the track for you?

I seriously doubt he beats John on any of the above, though I'm sure he's a nice guy, but nobody beats SCracecenter.com for Bridgestones and Pirelli, I don't care who ya are
A. Don't use Bridgestone or Pirelli.
B. Sunny has a plethora of knowledge on all the items he sales.
C. John is not mounting and balancing tires at my trackday org.
D. I am not driving 65 miles to get tires put on.

Old 01-26-2009, 10:00 AM   #44
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Member Garage

Quote:

A. You may consider a change in tire

B. I'm sure he does, but there's no way he can beat the at-track vendors for price and support; but like I said, I'm sure he's a nice guy.

C. You should consider broadening your horizons

D. You don't have to, he'll mount and balance at the track
Old 01-26-2009, 10:02 AM   #45
lilmckee
Not part of the wannbes

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Quote:

a. if you're not using bridgestone or pirelli, and you ride a sport bike you fail
b. ok
c. at your trackday organization?! you never told me you had your own, wheres the hook up?!
d. puss y

where is mckee?
lilmckee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 10:03 AM   #46
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmckee View Post
1. if your not using bridgestone or pirelli, and you ride a sport bike you fail
2. ok
3. at your trackday organization?! you never told me you had your own, wheres the hook up?!
4. puss y

McKee, I didn't even need to post mine, I think you covered it...

Old 01-26-2009, 10:04 AM   #47
lilmckee
Not part of the wannbes

Quote:
McKee, I didn't even need to post mine, I think you covered it...

hahaha, you just need to know how to talk to this little noobs

where is mckee?
Old 01-26-2009, 10:05 AM   #48
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

Quote:
A. You may consider a change in tire

B. I'm sure he does, but there's no way he can beat the at-track vendors for price and support; but like I said, I'm sure he's a nice guy.

C. You should consider broadening your horizons

D. You don't have to, he'll mount and balance at the track

I ride with the people I know and the trackday org I ride with and work for regularly. I don't "need" to broaden my horizon. At the org I ride with (whom is a MH sponsor) Sunny is there quite frequently and has always given friendly advice. I simply stated where the OP could get a good deal, which is what he asked. Sad a sponsor needs to talk down other shops openly just because someone recommends an alternative, even more so when its one of our forum members.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:07 AM   #49
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

Quote:
a. if you're not using bridgestone or pirelli, and you ride a sport bike you fail
b. ok
c. at your trackday organization?! you never told me you had your own, wheres the hook up?!
d. puss y

a. fck you
b. fck you
c. fck you
d. fck you

When you coming out to the track with us Scott?
Old 01-26-2009, 10:08 AM   #50
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Speaking of tires, I need to go see John before the 14th. My tires are toast and I think my front tire is way out of balance since the takeoff I had put on at TWS (Texas World Speedway) was never balanced.
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 10:08 AM   #51
lilmckee
Not part of the wannbes

Quote:

I ride with the people I know and the trackday org I ride with and work for regularly. I don't "need" to broaden my horizon. At the org I ride with (whom is a MH sponsor) Sunny is there quite frequently and has always given friendly advice. I simply stated where the OP could get a good deal, which is what he asked. Sad a sponsor needs to talk down other shops openly just because someone recommends an alternative, even more so when its one of our forum members.
when did he talk down, he just said they offer more knowledge and better prices

anyways, this is yalls debate not mine...

but ryan you need to hop on some bridgestones man.

where is mckee?
Old 01-26-2009, 10:10 AM   #52
lilmckee
Not part of the wannbes

Quote:
a. fck you
b. fck you
c. fck you
d. fck you

When you coming out to the track with us Scott?
with a trackday org? or a rent day?

rent days are more fun

but ill be hitting up ridesmart at msrh

where is mckee?
Old 01-26-2009, 10:10 AM   #53
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Member Garage

Quote:

Who did I "talk down" Ryan? Let me know, I'd be glad to apologize to them personally
Old 01-26-2009, 10:13 AM   #54
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

Quote:
when did he talk down, he just said they offer more knowledge and better prices

anyways, this is yalls debate not mine...

but ryan you need to hop on some bridgestones man.
Really? I simply stated Sunny offers the hookup, as did a few others in this thread. His response seemed to say what he thinks Sunny doesn't do.
Quote:

I didn't hop in here and talk about someone else just because I like another person better. I simply stated who I go to and get the best deal from anywhere near me.

And I will keep riding my Metzelers and Michelins. You keep on your bike the tires you like, and I'll do the same for mine.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:15 AM   #55
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Member Garage

Quote:
Really? I simply stated Sunny offers the hookup, as did a few others in this thread. His response seemed to say what he thinks Sunny doesn't do.

I didn't hop in here and talk about someone else just because I like another person better.

And I will keep riding my Metzelers and Michelins. You keep on your bike the tires you like, and I'll do the same for mine.
Still waiting to hear who I talked down about. And did I "talk "? Feel free to PM me and let me know if you don't want to put it out for everyone to see.

I'm sure you'll do fine on your Metzlers and Michelins without the support from the trackside vendors with your experience.

My experience comes from riding many brands of tires over 20 some-odd years of riding and racing, but what do I know? I'm just talking , right?
Old 01-26-2009, 10:20 AM   #56
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
blah, blah, blah....

Tom supports SCRC (as do I from time to time), Pyro supports Sunny Motorsports. Motorcycles Unlimited, Grand Prix Motoring, Metric Cycles...everyone has their preference. Now get on with your bad self!!! See you biatches at the track. LOL!
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 10:22 AM   #57
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

Quote:
Still waiting to hear who I talked down about. And did I "talk "? Feel free to PM me and let me know if you don't want to put it out for everyone to see.

I'm sure you'll do fine on your Metzlers and Michelins without the support from the trackside vendors with your experience.

My experience comes from riding many brands of tires over 20 some-odd years of riding and racing, but what do I know? I'm just talking , right?
All your comments were very insinuative against Sunny. Sorry, but saying "Does Sunny do X, Y, Z? Didn't think so." Sounds pretty rude to me. I understand SCRC works directly with LSTD and you want to bring him business but I think your approach against my comment was the wrong way to do it. Would have been better off telling what John offers and letting people make their decision. If I need tires one weekend (not even for the track necessarily) I am not driving over an hour just to get tires installed. But that's myself. And then your comment on me needing to "broaden my horizons" as far as which TD org I ride with came across as a shot at said org (or any org other than LSTD for that matter).

Guess I just read and misinterpreted everything.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:24 AM   #58
cdill35

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

Wooo hooo! I'm going to see John tomorrow! And I will enjoy Johns deal with Ride Smart at GSS and MSRH. Talk about trackside convienence!
cdill35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 10:32 AM   #59
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Member Garage

Quote:
All your comments were very insinuative against Sunny. Sorry, but saying "Does Sunny do X, Y, Z? Didn't think so." Sounds pretty rude to me. I understand SCRC works directly with LSTD and you want to bring him business but I think your approach against my comment was the wrong way to do it. Would have been better off telling what John offers and letting people make their decision. If I need tires one weekend (not even for the track necessarily) I am not driving over an hour just to get tires installed. But that's myself. And then your comment on me needing to "broaden my horizons" as far as which TD org I ride with came across as a shot at said org (or any org other than LSTD for that matter).

Guess I just read and misinterpreted everything.
I don't know what you do as far as misinterpreting, but you come across as being -hurt. Just sayin'.

For the record, John is supporting Ride Smart and LSTD, as well as the CMRA and is a forum sponsor of MH; and has been for a long time.

As far as the comments about Sunny, I was just making a comparison- like I said (twice), I'm sure he's a nice guy- but there's no way he has all the information that David Hirsch of Michelin or John Hutchinson with Pirelli/ Bridgestone has. The manufacturers make sure that's the way things are, or those guys don't get to be regional/ national vendors Not to mention the tons/ loads of data these guys get from their hundreds of riders at track days and racing- nationally and regionally.

As far as the TD thing goes, yeah, I'm biased, what a shocker. However, I'm the first one to say that people should try different things, you ride with whomever you want to. I know who the best is

This ain't my first rodeo, I've been dealing with bad shops/ bad vendors/ bad service providers as well as some of the best for a long time. My recommendations come from years of experience and trial/ error. Chances are pretty good (just based off what I've seen of your posts) that I've been in this "game" since before you were born or at least close.

I'll say again too, I run with Bridgestone and did even when John didn't support LSTD events. I ran with Bridgestone before John owned SCRC! Every year (except this one) we tested 3 or 4 different brand of tires at Cresson (which is probably the hardest track on many brands of tire) to see what we wanted to race with, and for the past 4 years we've gone with Bridgestone based off empirical data. When John came on board to LSTD, that was just a bonus...
Old 01-26-2009, 11:02 AM   #60
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

Quote:
I don't know what you do as far as misinterpreting, but you come across as being -hurt. Just sayin'.

For the record, John is supporting Ride Smart and LSTD, as well as the CMRA and is a forum sponsor of MH; and has been for a long time.

As far as the comments about Sunny, I was just making a comparison- like I said (twice), I'm sure he's a nice guy- but there's no way he has all the information that David Hirsch of Michelin or John Hutchinson with Pirelli/ Bridgestone has. The manufacturers make sure that's the way things are, or those guys don't get to be regional/ national vendors Not to mention the tons/ loads of data these guys get from their hundreds of riders at track days and racing- nationally and regionally.

As far as the TD thing goes, yeah, I'm biased, what a shocker. However, I'm the first one to say that people should try different things, you ride with whomever you want to. I know who the best is

This ain't my first rodeo, I've been dealing with bad shops/ bad vendors/ bad service providers as well as some of the best for a long time. My recommendations come from years of experience and trial/ error. Chances are pretty good (just based off what I've seen of your posts) that I've been in this "game" since before you were born or at least close.

I'll say again too, I run with Bridgestone and did even when John didn't support LSTD events. I ran with Bridgestone before John owned SCRC! Every year (except this one) we tested 3 or 4 different brand of tires at Cresson (which is probably the hardest track on many brands of tire) to see what we wanted to race with, and for the past 4 years we've gone with Bridgestone based off empirical data. When John came on board to LSTD, that was just a bonus...
You use your favorite vendors/trackday orgs and I'll use mine.

Advertisement