MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2009, 04:56 AM   #21
OMEGA
good eenin *****es

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2001 sv650(totalled) 01 yzfr6 now 2003sv1000

Member Garage

hmmm intresting good luck tim, but evo were you the one who did not call? http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...7&postcount=11
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tim Reedy 1/19/08 10am BLUE BUELL General Discussion (Moto Related) 0 01-19-2009 01:45 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-19-2009, 05:53 AM   #22
evobusa7
<(<-_->)>

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
07 crf 50cc (88cc) stunt

Send a message via Yahoo to evobusa7
When I first got there and saw him laying on the grass I told the other guys(his friends) hey have yall called the ambulance and Tim replied no ambulance no cops so then that's when they called Gary to pick up the bike...then after 45 min Tim came to his senses and decided for us to call the ambulance which took an hour to come pick him up.
Old 01-19-2009, 07:43 AM   #23
vmaxgirl
LSTD Mafia Princess

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
1994 Vmax 1200
Honda 50 (Fuglee)
2012 ZX10r

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by evobusa7 View Post
When I first got there and saw him laying on the grass I told the other guys(his friends) hey have yall called the ambulance and Tim replied no ambulance no cops so then that's when they called Gary to pick up the bike...then after 45 min Tim came to his senses and decided for us to call the ambulance which took an hour to come pick him up.
When I am the one dealing with injured riders one of the first things I tell them after I ask who they are, who am I and do you know what just happened is that they have 5 minutes to decide if they want an ambulance. After a few minutes if they havent shown what I feel is significant improvement (talking, walking, or laughing - that is what I try to do so I know they are somewhat ok) I will make that judgement call. I may not know the person but if they are on a ride with me they are treated like family.
Old 01-19-2009, 07:50 AM   #24
FastLine
Motorcycle School

Bike(s):
Instructing
Trackdays
A
Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxgirl View Post
I may not know the person but if they are on a ride with me they are treated like family.
Just don't make them mashed potatoes with spaghetti please

And 1st responder, shame on you You should have called regardless what he wanted. If a rider complains of neck and back pain, CALL THE PARAMEDICS!
Old 01-19-2009, 07:53 AM   #25
evobusa7
<(<-_->)>

Bike(s):
07 crf 50cc (88cc) stunt

Send a message via Yahoo to evobusa7
Well he seemed to be ok he was moving, talking, and laughing I think we are all surprised to find out he had broken his neck.
Old 01-19-2009, 08:06 AM   #26
vmaxgirl
LSTD Mafia Princess

Bike(s):
1994 Vmax 1200
Honda 50 (Fuglee)
2012 ZX10r

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godsuki View Post
Just don't make them mashed potatoes with spaghetti please

And 1st responder, shame on you You should have called regardless what he wanted. If a rider complains of neck and back pain, CALL THE PARAMEDICS!
Old 01-19-2009, 08:19 AM   #27
cdill35

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

If you have never been with someone who has gone down, it is tough to make assumtions about these circumstances. The last time someone went down around me, they were laying on thier back. Coherent and seemed more embarrassed than anything. They were just saying, "I wanna go home." I asked them to lay still and if anything was hurting, they said thier knees and left arm hurt, but they didnt want an ambulance. I asked, "are you sure?" They replied, "yes, just take me home." I told them that I thought it was a good idea that IO call an ambulance and that I would take care of everything else for them, and so I called. Come to find out, broken left arm, cracked right knee and stitches in both knees. Calling the ambulance was the right thing to do, but that conversation lasted about 7 minutes before the call was made. Then being out in the country, took another 30ish minutes for the ambulance to get there.

When a rider is down, you have to be the one to make the decisions. Most don't want the ticket that comes with calling 911 or they fear medical bills. As the one who was not knocked silly, you have to make the call.

I will add, that I havwe been around people that have went down, got up, walked around, moved everything, insisted that an ambulance not be called, and we did not call an ambulance, only someone to pick them up. Some went to the hospital later that evening to get checked out, some never did and were ok.

I was in a car accident when I was 12 and my dad broke his neck. c6 and 7. He was transported to Brenham, via ambulance, then life flighted to herman. In the car,after the wreck, he only complained of feeling like his collar bnone was broken. I can remember it like it was yesterday. Ended up in traction for weeks and a halo brace for months. Surgery, the whoile 9 yards. Broken necks can be decieving to the people that have sustained that particular injury.

If anything hurts, always call the ambulance. My .02.

Get well Reedy, and you guys that were there, it's not your fault. Dont take that burden on your shoulders, if what was posted did in fact happen, you have to act more swiftly in the future. Better to be safe than sorry.
Old 01-19-2009, 08:37 AM   #28
C.Hern5972
Street Ninja Four Father

Bike(s):
96 ZX7R 37k miles and still strong
2007 HD Softail
2002 Springer Classic
2007 GSXR600

Member Garage

And 1st responder, shame on you You should have called regardless what he wanted. If a rider complains of neck and back pain, CALL THE PARAMEDICS![/QUOTE]

+100

Chris H
"I dont follow rules to well"
Old 01-19-2009, 08:39 AM   #29
C.Hern5972
Street Ninja Four Father

Bike(s):
2007 HD Softail
2002 Springer Classic
2007 GSXR600

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacy View Post

There are times that I feel like I'm a complete snob for not riding with more people. But it's situations like this one, where you have to be careful who you select to be your riding buddies. I won't even think about going on a group ride unless there is atleast one person that I'd trust with my life attending

agrees. There are times whe i have not been on rides due to not knowing anyone. For the reason if i go down, who is going to take careof me, will people know what to do, so i agree with you on that Stacy.

Chris H
Old 01-19-2009, 08:40 AM   #30
bubby
Candie's Pit Crew!

Bike(s):
'07 600RR, '09 Kawi 250

It is hard to make that decision sometimes. Usually the rider has his/her adrenaline flowing and thinks they are ok. You just have to diagnose things yourself on whether to call for paramedics and soon if you're out in the country and it's going to take forever for them to arrive. If they aren't up walking around within 10 minutes it's a pretty good idea to make the call.

Hope everything works out and Tim heals up quick!
Old 01-19-2009, 08:59 AM   #31
gixxergirloh2
~*~*~*~*~

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
gsxr 600

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by evobusa7 View Post
what i want to know is where are all the other people that were on this ride and why arent they speaking out?? i dont think that there is one person in particular to blame. They were on a group ride. If the first person didnt call the ambulance for whatever reason, then the 2nd one shouldve and so on...so everyone that was on the scene couldve made the decision. Theyre all responsible. To pin it on one person is ridiculous.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:11 AM   #32
Sifu-TZ
#1 Satans' Buttnuggets

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
Husky 450SMR motard

I am wondering who these people were who failed to call ems when asked. someone pm the info please. what a bunch of fvcktards.

Fastline motorcycle school grid marshal.
PM's open temporarily.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:12 AM   #33
C.Hern5972
Street Ninja Four Father

Bike(s):
2007 HD Softail
2002 Springer Classic
2007 GSXR600

Member Garage

to me the first person on the scene should have held traction, 2nd felt for mobilisation in the fingers toes, while on the phone with 911. I have been on scenes like this and you have to make the call. No matter what, if someone is complaining of neck and back pain, the call will be made, weather they like it or not. just my .2

Chris H
Old 01-19-2009, 09:15 AM   #34
cdill35

Bike(s):
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

Maybe a doc, emt or rn should post the abc's of attending to a downed rider and a mod sticky it.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:20 AM   #35
C.Hern5972
Street Ninja Four Father

Bike(s):
2007 HD Softail
2002 Springer Classic
2007 GSXR600

Member Garage

good idea. I have my ECA and traction is the first thing i would have done

Chris H
Old 01-19-2009, 09:32 AM   #36
JOEBUSA

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
'08 Busa 186 HP
'07 Raptor 700 (quad)
'09 CRF450R

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Hern5972 View Post
good idea. I have my ECA and traction is the first thing i would have done
I have no medical training, what is ECA AND Traction?
Old 01-19-2009, 09:32 AM   #37
Sifu-TZ
#1 Satans' Buttnuggets

Bike(s):
Husky 450SMR motard

I can already hear the excuses in my head that are about to be unloaded about this. whoever said "shock" after about 2 minutes is clueless.

this is exactly why riding with douchebags is a no-no. and people ask why I don't go to pp1 or pp2. wannabees aren't worth dry . guess who I'm looking at?

PM's open temporarily.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:36 AM   #38
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

pp2 is nothing like pp1. thats why we go there.

but back on topic, there is no excuse for not calling paramedics when tim ASKED FOR IT. i just...dont get it.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:45 AM   #39
Sifu-TZ
#1 Satans' Buttnuggets

Bike(s):
Husky 450SMR motard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azylum View Post
pp2 is nothing like pp1. thats why we go there.
I can't imagine pp2 is like pp1 then, since responsible people tend to congregate. I may check this out then.

PM's open temporarily.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:57 AM   #40
cdill35

Bike(s):
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azylum View Post
but back on topic, there is no excuse for not calling paramedics when tim ASKED FOR IT. i just...dont get it.
I can NOT imagine that happening either, which is why I don't want to jump to conclusions and believe that DID in fact happen. Who would NOT call an ambulance if someone asked for it??? Maybe I believe in the goodness of people, but I can not begin to imagine, someone laying in pain, requesting an amublance and noone calling.
I am not sure we have the story in it's entirety.
Closed Thread