MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2009, 12:06 AM   #1
navigator
Senior Citizen

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'09 Ninja 250
'09 Versys
'09 Grizzly
'10 Felt Racing Hybrid

More on Tim Reedy

This crash happened on CR42 between 521 and 1462. Tim told me that he pulled away from the group and went into the corner a little too hot. Nearing the exit of the corner he was running wide and backed off the throttle when he saw the grass. The bike stood up, he target fixated and went into the grass he was looking at. He went down and the bike slid into the culvert and he slid into a pole. Tim's mistake and he knows it.

Now here is the part I'm off about and I'm severely . When the 1st guy got to Tim to check on him, Tim asked him to call the ambulance. His neck and back were hurting. Then someone called Gary to come get the bike. Gary drove out from Pearland and Tim was still laying on the ground. No ambulance. Why? Because no one had called that's why.

Tim attempted to get up to go with Gary but was unable to get off the ground. He then asked for an ambulance again. This time the call was made and they finally show up. Tim laid in that ditch or whatever with a broken neck for over an hour because no one bothered to take charge.

I'm not naming names, so don't ask. They know who they are. If I hurt anyones feelings by putting this out there. Well that's just too bad. If you don't like me for it. Good!! I don't want to hang with your type anyway.

Maybe everyone will learn something from this and the next person to get hurt will be cared for.
POLITICAL CORRECTNESS, is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a by the clean end.
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tim Reedy 1/19/08 10am BLUE BUELL General Discussion (Moto Related) 0 01-19-2009 01:45 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-19-2009, 12:09 AM   #2
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Feedback Rating: (31)

Experience: 5 years

Member Garage

That's pretty of un-named.

Glad to hear that Tim is going his best considering the circumstances. Our thoughts are with him. And if ya'll need anything feel free to ask.
Old 01-19-2009, 12:09 AM   #3
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

WTF THEY DIDNT CALL THE ****ING AMBULANCE?!!!!! HAD THAT FRACTURE BEEN ANY HIGHER TIM WOULD BE DEAD!
Old 01-19-2009, 12:09 AM   #4
Princess
MH's ex fake mod

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
06 ZX-6R
09 Santa Cruz SL
Serotta Legend Ti

Send a message via AIM to Princess
That's pathetic. I'd like to know the names so I can check them off my list of people to ride with.
Old 01-19-2009, 12:12 AM   #5
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go! Ninja Go! View Post
That's pathetic. I'd like to know the names so I can check them off my list of people to ride with.
+1
Old 01-19-2009, 12:15 AM   #6
SexualChocolate
JapLac on 22s

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
998CCs of KING KONG...

Send a message via AIM to SexualChocolate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go! Ninja Go! View Post
+2

WTF are people thinking....

mybanner4a260100b5617
Old 01-19-2009, 12:16 AM   #7
spring r1

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
07 r1
04gsxr600 track
ttr90

thats fu*ked up.......man i hope everything works out for him.....my prayers go out for him and his family.........
Old 01-19-2009, 12:16 AM   #8
level5
moving chicane

When in emergency situation, some people would spaced out or goes blank dued to the shock of the situation.
Old 01-19-2009, 12:18 AM   #9
blends
NYYYYYYEAAOWWWWWW

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 2 years

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to blends
I for one would want to be optimistic in that situation and hope that my riding buddy is not hurt enough to require EMS but if he or she is laying on the ground in pain and unable to get up... Better safe than sorry. Everyone here has someone who will miss them if we didn't survive a bike crash. Our lives are worth more than an expensive medical bill. I'd rather have to worry abut how to pay my debt off to the hospital than have my mom worrying about how to pay for my funeral.

When your friend is laying in the ditch unable to get up and asking for an ambulance. CALL ONE.

The actions in the first post are inexcusable.

That is all.
Old 01-19-2009, 12:20 AM   #10
gixxergirloh2
~*~*~*~*~

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
gsxr 600

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by blends View Post
I for one would want to be optimistic in that situation and hope that my riding buddy is not hurt enough to require EMS but if he or she is laying on the ground in pain and unable to get up... Better safe than sorry. Everyone here has someone who will miss them if we didn't survive a bike crash. Our lives are worth more than an expensive medical bill. I'd rather have to worry abut how to pay my debt off to the hospital than have my mom worrying about how to pay for my funeral.

When your friend is laying in the ditch unable to get up and asking for an ambulance. CALL ONE.

The actions in the first post are inexcusable.

That is all.
well said blends
Old 01-19-2009, 12:29 AM   #11
Mala Lingua
Optimistic Cynic

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
'06 600RR (Mogee)
Phifty (Fuglee)

Quote:
Originally Posted by level5 View Post
When in emergency situation, some people would spaced out or goes blank dued to the shock of the situation.
For an hour? If an emergency scrambles someone that much, we don't call that shock; we call it stupidity.
Old 01-19-2009, 12:32 AM   #12
H2447INTX
H2447INTX-he is legendary

Feedback Rating: (12)

Bike(s):
2011 kingquad 750axi
08 H.D.Softail Deluxe

Member Garage

no ex and hopefully they learned something, i dong get why anyone would not call 911, any way speed tim!
Old 01-19-2009, 12:37 AM   #13
jfly
RIP Coach Dave

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
cbr 600 F3 LOR exhaust

Member Garage

holy santa claus over an hour before someone called an ambulance
Actual Riding Experience 10+ years
Quote:
I'll say this, he did a pretty decent job hanging with 3 liter bikes on 45 on his F3!!
Old 01-19-2009, 12:37 AM   #14
level5
moving chicane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mala Lingua View Post
For an hour? If an emergency scrambles someone that much, we don't call that shock; we call it stupidity.

Know the people you ride with........some will land you in jail, some will snitch on you to get out of trouble, some will kill you, some will leave you to die.
Old 01-19-2009, 12:40 AM   #15
jfly
RIP Coach Dave

Bike(s):
cbr 600 F3 LOR exhaust

Member Garage

yes exactly why i am probably gonna ride w/ a select few
Quote:
I'll say this, he did a pretty decent job hanging with 3 liter bikes on 45 on his F3!!
Old 01-19-2009, 12:40 AM   #16
Squoddybody
This is me.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650

We're all very fortunate that Tim's going to recover. I'm glad to hear this is not a rip thread, instead. It's ALWAYS better to call and be wrong, than the other way around. Especially if somebody hit their head!

follow me on IG - squoddybody
Old 01-19-2009, 12:53 AM   #17
Stacy
One day at a time!

Bike(s):
99 Ninja 250
04 Honda f4i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jflys cbr View Post
yes exactly why i am probably gonna ride w/ a select few

There are times that I feel like I'm a complete snob for not riding with more people. But it's situations like this one, where you have to be careful who you select to be your riding buddies. I won't even think about going on a group ride unless there is atleast one person that I'd trust with my life attending
Old 01-19-2009, 12:56 AM   #18
jfly
RIP Coach Dave

Bike(s):
cbr 600 F3 LOR exhaust

Member Garage

theres a few i would trust to do the right thing in a situation like that, I may just be a kid or whatever but you can guarantee Im gonna take care of fallen rider friend or not
Quote:
Old 01-19-2009, 01:15 AM   #19
v4lu3s

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2003 CBR 600 F4i -- Sold

Member Garage

Stories like this discourage me from going on group rides.
I will mostly stick to my close buddies and will be thankful that one of them was an EMT, and is currently an RN.

I hope that Tim's surgery is/has gone well and he has as fast a recovery as possible.
Old 01-19-2009, 02:41 AM   #20
gsxr005
Rocky

Bike(s):
2004 Yamaha YZF450 Dirtbike

Send a message via AIM to gsxr005 Send a message via Yahoo to gsxr005
Just my two sense!

All I can say is Tim Iím glad to hear youíre gonna be able to have a full recovery. I havenít met you yet. So here goes, wassup man name is Rocky. I hope I get to met you while on my leave (RNR) next month so speedy recovery Bro. Its mess up what you have gone through. With the accident and ambulance and all. Iím not here to point fingers or blame anyone but to stress out what was the lesson learned. In the military we have a saying ďno man will be left behindĒ; we take care of our own; treat will as you go; and call for help no matter what the situation big or small! When I ride off duty or while on duty. I take those words to heart. If I see a fellow rider go down (knock on wood hope it never happens) Iíll do all I can to help. I might be stunt for a few second, but will quickly snap out of it and go to what I had been train to do in a situation. I had to do it a couple of times in my career, and I thank that was all, a couple was enough. Also want to remind everyone to please; please ride at your capabilities, I know everyone want to hone-in their skill but again please be careful. We have places to go do our honing-in at. Iím also guilt of this, trying to ride a little on the edge but will only do so, knowing I wont involve anyone around me. And me riding in a group, well Iím not around much to met a lot of friends to ride in a big ride, usually I miss all the big events anyways, but will ride with anyone, anyplace, anytime I get the oppertunity, I just put my self in check and feel you out to see where I should put my self. Again please be careful out there! Ride safe MH!

I ride because I want too, I ride because I need too, enough talk lets ride! Till our seats catches on fire! The faster the better! Ride it to your Limits. "I live my life quarter mile at a time and in those 10sec I'm free and nothing else matter" No BS, No hassle, No worries just me and my bike.
Closed Thread