MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2009, 07:22 PM   #21
JP171

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
00' GSXR 750
05 636

from things I have heard and seen they are scumbags of the worst variety, I wouldn't buy or sell anything them not even a dead dog!

For those looking to give back to Texas and serve those in times of need, Join the Texas State Guard.
Locate a Recruiter http://www.gotxsg.com/join.php
JP171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Eximports gone? morvegil General Discussion (Moto Related) 111 11-30-2010 04:51 PM
Not at Eximports... gueroaero General Discussion (Moto Related) 67 07-14-2009 04:09 PM
Question about Eximports Andy General Discussion (Moto Related) 58 08-27-2007 11:18 AM
Eximports SUCK!! Candie General Discussion (Moto Related) 56 07-29-2006 06:44 PM
Anyone delt with Eximports? mswistak14 General Discussion (Moto Related) 44 07-13-2005 11:18 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-18-2009, 07:32 PM   #22
Hot Dog

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
05 hayabusa

They are very over priced, About 2 or 3 weeks ago me and two buddies were there he was thinking of buuying a bike. I told him these peopl here are very high, and i know the owner therefore i asked to speak with him, not one time cic he even try to talk to me. My advice to you is stay away from Favain and his place.
Hot Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 07:33 PM   #23
Hot Dog

Bike(s):
05 hayabusa

I ran into a guy that was selling a zx6r for 5gs had i think it was 500 miles. If you want i could get the # for you
Hot Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 07:45 PM   #24
Hooligan
Presrvtionthrudestruction

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
08 CBR 600rr
06 GSXR600
07 Honda crf50 (stunt)
Your mom

Send a message via AIM to Hooligan
F*** EXIMPORTS!

Seriously, take your business somewhere else...anywhere else.
I learned the awesomeness that is Hooligan.
Never trust your own eyes, believe what you are told.
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 08:11 PM   #25
level5
moving chicane

What is with hating eximport????? Do your homework on the bike you wanted then go there to shop. If they have something you like for the price that everyone else is selling, then there is nothing wrong with them. If your credit suck and you are desperate to get one and they are the only one to give you finance then you are just asking to them to stick their in your . They are no difference than any bike shops, dealers, or any individual that are selling an 06 cbr 600rr for $8-10K. Do your homework!
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 08:17 PM   #26
Hooligan

Bike(s):
08 CBR 600rr
06 GSXR600
07 Honda crf50 (stunt)
Your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by level5 View Post
What is with hating eximport????? Do your homework on the bike you wanted then go there to shop. If they have something you like for the price that everyone else is selling, then there is nothing wrong with them. If your credit suck and you are desperate to get one and they are the only one to give you finance then you are just asking to them to stick their in your . They are no difference than any bike shops, dealers, or any individual that are selling an 06 cbr 600rr for $8-10K. Do your homework!
I bought my first bike from there years ago, transmission needed be rebuilt (they didnt tell me that, but after 30 days your warrenty is done with) and I payed $6000 for a 99R6 that used to be a trackbike (didnt tell me that either) Now that I have been riding a few years and have watched a few people get RAPED on price there, I can proudly say I HATE THEM. I have experience with them and know whats up, there scams and I PROMISE YOU WILL NOT GET ANY KIND OF DEAL IN THERE.

HOMEWORK DONE
Old 01-18-2009, 08:22 PM   #27
624chic

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
barbie 4 wheeler

i completely agreed with level5. bought ALL my ducatis from them and seriously no one put a gun on your head and told you to buy the bike. If you agreed to it, buy it. If not, move on. , I have a brand new 09 r6 at Mancusso right now with zero mile on it. Bought it for my husband for our aniverary last month, got bitched out, so it sits there collecting rust...and oh, paid for, too.
624chic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 08:25 PM   #28
Hooligan

Bike(s):
08 CBR 600rr
06 GSXR600
07 Honda crf50 (stunt)
Your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooligan View Post
F*** EXIMPORTS!

Seriously, take your business somewhere else...anywhere else.
Quote:
I bought my first bike from there years ago, transmission needed be rebuilt (they didnt tell me that, but after 30 days your warrenty is done with) and I payed $6000 for a 99R6 that used to be a trackbike (didnt tell me that either) Now that I have been riding a few years and have watched a few people get RAPED on price there, I can proudly say I HATE THEM. I have experience with them and know whats up, there scams and I PROMISE YOU WILL NOT GET ANY KIND OF DEAL IN THERE.

HOMEWORK DONE

Sorry I was talking about there used section

But just becasue ive had such a bad experience with them, I dont recommend them to anybody
Old 01-18-2009, 08:26 PM   #29
ANTISOCIAL

Bike(s):
05 cbr 600 rr

Send a message via AIM to ANTISOCIAL
Quote:
Originally Posted by level5 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 624chic View Post
i completely agreed with level5. bought ALL my ducatis from them and seriously no one put a gun on your head and told you to buy the bike. If you agreed to it, buy it. If not, move on. , I have a brand new 09 r6 at Mancusso right now with zero mile on it. Bought it for my husband for our aniverary last month, got bitched out, so it sits there collecting rust...and oh, paid for, too.
+1,000,0000,000
Old 01-18-2009, 08:29 PM   #30
Scorpio
Twist the Grip, Let'r Rip

Feedback Rating: (6)

450x sumo (sold)
RC51 (sold)
Honda Grom 125(sold)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Scorpio
I pre-ordered my 848 since they were gonna be the first dealer to get them in Houston.
They called me when it arrived to come pick it up.
I get there, then they tell me they can't let me have it cause they have to keep it on display for the day.
I leave and come back the next morning. Same again.
I ended up waiting since it was a 45 minute drive from my house.
Finally around 6:00pm, got to doing the paperwork and the fkrs stick me with 17% interest.
I have 700+ credit by the way.
Sure, they did'nt make me sign, but by then I was soo frustrated that I just wanted to get the out of there. If anybody else would have had the bike I would have given them the finger and taken my business elsewhere..

Salesmen I talked to did'nt know much either. I tested them on a few things and they would just guess if they did'nt know.
My buddy goes in there the next day to look at the ducs and they try to sell him a 1098 even after he tells them he's never ridden a bike before.
Fk that place.

Whats even funnier is they try to get me to talk Chris(solracer) about letting them be a site sponsor since they were apparently on perma-ban on MH.
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 08:35 PM   #31
Dreamer!!

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
07 Ninja 250 (Sold), 93 CBR 900RR

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Dreamer!! Send a message via MSN to Dreamer!! Send a message via Yahoo to Dreamer!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio View Post
Whats even funnier is they try to get me to talk Chris(solracer) about letting them be a site sponsor since they were apparently on perma-ban on MH.
Old 01-18-2009, 08:35 PM   #32
v4lu3s

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2003 CBR 600 F4i -- Sold

Member Garage

if you buy a used bike from Eximports, make sure you check frame and engine numbers. Also do a title search on it as well to make sure its not a rebuilt bike.
v4lu3s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 08:37 PM   #33
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
My only experience is through the stories of others. And from what I always have heard, their reputation is not noted for being knowledgeable nor concerned about serving a customer for a bike fit to their level. More oriented towards the business aspect(which I understand profit is important, but business is far more then just a number.)
Old 01-18-2009, 08:39 PM   #34
klassik

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
rnz450

for ducati and aprilia i here they are okay but i dont know about that anymore.
Old 01-18-2009, 08:43 PM   #35
Hooligan

Bike(s):
08 CBR 600rr
06 GSXR600
07 Honda crf50 (stunt)
Your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by v4lu3s View Post
if you buy a used bike from Eximports, make sure you check frame and engine numbers. Also do a title search on it as well to make sure its not a rebuilt bike.
+1000000000000
Old 01-18-2009, 08:49 PM   #36
lbjasonc
Doin it big!

Bike(s):
06 gsxr1Theezy

don't buy from them, half of those used bikes were bought after they were wrecked and delivered broken. (they won't tell u that), the salesman about 2 years ago wrecked a bike and was injured for a while. my friend showed me the scratches on the bike after the wreck (it was put right back on the floor with the same price as before the wreck). our new member "S.D.W." can tell u about his experience when he took his r1 in for some simple work. a dips#!t employee there wrecked his bike while pullin it around the building. it took weeks to repair the damage.

in my words though, you'll only get buttfukked if u decide to bend over and pick up the soap
Old 01-18-2009, 08:59 PM   #37
JMAC

Bike(s):
Ninja

Soap on a rope!
JMAC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 09:01 PM   #38
ParAvion
Mr. Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Dog View Post
They are very over priced, About 2 or 3 weeks ago me and two buddies were there he was thinking of buuying a bike. I told him these peopl here are very high, and i know the owner therefore i asked to speak with him, not one time cic he even try to talk to me. My advice to you is stay away from Favain and his place.
anyone else not understand what he was trying to say? Whats a cic?
ParAvion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 09:02 PM   #39
lbjasonc
Doin it big!

Bike(s):
06 gsxr1Theezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMAC View Post
Soap on a rope!
exactly
Old 01-18-2009, 09:03 PM   #40
ParAvion
Mr. Misanthrope

Quote:

HOMEWORK DONE
Its not their job to give you a "deal" go shop on craigslist if you want a deal. They are a dealer they are in the business to make money and provide customer service.
ParAvion is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement