MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2009, 08:32 AM   #1
Brian f.

Feedback Rating: (0)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
06 CRF450 Tard FOR SALE!!!!!!
2007 1000RR
K8 750 Track bike
Racecar 8.02 @ 169 FOR SALE, not for faint of heart

Welcome to Supermoto world

Well, took the newly acquired motard out to a Kart track yesterday, me and a friend, both on "new toys" (picked his up the night before). We had a great time, just the 2 of us out there on tards, got the run of the track and facility for the day for 50 bucks

Well, let me say this........i think i did 13 trackdays last year on the big tracks and my R6, not one incident although knowing my time is coming evetually. We went out with these silly things and i ate , TWICE!!!! Felt like a proper introduction to this world, lol.

My buddy also ate in the afternoon on a tight hair pin turn trying to smoke me. I played the "nice guy" and let my other friend who showed up just to watch on my bike before we were leaving and next thing i know he bins it next to my truck in the gravel, dislocates his shoulder

i dont know what it is about these things but they seem relentless, lol. Riding style and such seemed VERY strange, i couldnt get comfortable all day. Think i might need to give it a whirl on a bigger track like Cresson or Hallet maybe that will help abit. Who knows
Brian f. is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My SuperMoto..... 225 Super Motards 51 07-20-2012 07:59 PM
2011 FIM SuperMoto World Championship - Bulgaria jodyhudson Super Motards 10 07-20-2011 11:00 PM
You think SUPERMOTO is new??? wd40oz Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing 5 01-26-2007 01:05 AM
SUPERMOTO C-MONEY Taking it to the Track 14 11-30-2006 01:40 AM
Advertisement
Old 01-18-2009, 01:17 PM   #2
klassik

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
rnz450

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian f. View Post
Well, took the newly acquired motard out to a Kart track yesterday, me and a friend, both on "new toys" (picked his up the night before). We had a great time, just the 2 of us out there on tards, got the run of the track and facility for the day for 50 bucks

Well, let me say this........i think i did 13 trackdays last year on the big tracks and my R6, not one incident although knowing my time is coming evetually. We went out with these silly things and i ate , TWICE!!!! Felt like a proper introduction to this world, lol.

My buddy also ate in the afternoon on a tight hair pin turn trying to smoke me. I played the "nice guy" and let my other friend who showed up just to watch on my bike before we were leaving and next thing i know he bins it next to my truck in the gravel, dislocates his shoulder

i dont know what it is about these things but they seem relentless, lol. Riding style and such seemed VERY strange, i couldnt get comfortable all day. Think i might need to give it a whirl on a bigger track like Cresson or Hallet maybe that will help abit. Who knows
ride motocross then come back and you will be tossin it all around like its nothin
Old 01-19-2009, 06:23 AM   #3
Navajib

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
Moto-in-a-Box (CRF450R Motard)
Some Dirties
WTB: Adv Moto!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian f. View Post
We went out with these silly things and i ate , TWICE!!!! Felt like a proper introduction to this world, lol.
Still gotta love 'em.

I can't wait to take my motard to the track!

Navajib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 11:49 AM   #4
specterunseen
El Brilliante

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Kawasaki EX250 (dead due to mechanical failure)
Kawasaki EX500 (on loan from a friend)
Pending, bikeless once the 500 gone :-(
Want Husky 510SMR or KTM 690 SMC to continue the hooligan activity

I wish had a tard. Visit supermotojunkie.com for some good motard threads and advice.
specterunseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 11:51 AM   #5
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

those won't be your last crash' either, many more to come. trust me.
CarbonJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 01:01 PM   #6
Brian f.

Bike(s):
2007 1000RR
K8 750 Track bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonJames View Post
those won't be your last crash' either, many more to come. trust me.
Bahhhhhh, dont say it!!!! Yeah, im sure you are right. My buddy with me that day said "well, im glad it happened here and not on one of the big tracks you go to," i reply "true, but unfortunatly it dosnt get me a no crash pass for the year nor does it change any future rides."

Only part that sucked about it honestly was the no warning part. Did 2 laps fine, didnt feel any thing weird or pushing of the front, then went around a slow speed turn after a long straight and right about at the apex the front just tucks and im on my .

Hop up, get the thing fired back up put down another lap and then in a different turn same thing, apexed, just barely started to exit and front tucks again and im eatin $hit

Then did the "walk of shame" and pushed it in b/c i couldnt get her refired, lol
Old 01-19-2009, 01:04 PM   #7
Scorpio
Twist the Grip, Let'r Rip

Feedback Rating: (6)

450x sumo (sold)
RC51 (sold)
Honda Grom 125(sold)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Scorpio
what track?
you running warmers?
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 01:11 PM   #8
Sl!mP!ckens!

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
05 GSX-R 750

Member Garage

I rode one of these for a couple a days around New Years. It was so much fun but I wiped out about 5 or 6 times. Still would love to have one. My friend said I need to learn wheelies on that before I destroy my street bike so I went up to Dallas to ride his.
Sl!mP!ckens! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 01:14 PM   #9
Brian f.

Bike(s):
2007 1000RR
K8 750 Track bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio View Post
what track?
you running warmers?
It was a Kart track in Oklahoma called OMC, so we are talking a small track. Didnt take the warmers with us b/c we were just going out to "goof off" and take it easy. I think that was the biggest attribute to our demise.

First session out when i canned it temp was only 45 degrees, although sun was out, Dunlop slick front............i dont think it liked no warmers
Old 01-19-2009, 01:31 PM   #10
Scorpio
Twist the Grip, Let'r Rip

Feedback Rating: (6)

450x sumo (sold)
RC51 (sold)
Honda Grom 125(sold)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Scorpio
Yeah, I can't imagine that cold slick working too well on a kart track seeing as it's hard to get alot of heat in them in those conditions and being new to the bike.
Next time, get those babys nice and hot and give it another try. Remember to keep the front weighted going into the turns. Play with your body english too and see if that helps.
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement