MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2006, 01:52 AM   #1
KiNG $h!T
Fugkwhacha heard!!!!

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
MIA!!!

Send a message via AIM to KiNG $h!T
Building credit????

How did you build your credit??? Been trying to get a new bike, but not having a credit history sucks.... how did you go about building your credit in the begining?
KiNG $h!T is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
building credit witchdoctor575 Off Topic 22 03-06-2012 05:23 PM
Building a shed.. BYRDMAN Off Topic 16 07-24-2009 09:17 PM
Building inspectors? rick Off Topic 0 12-10-2008 12:39 AM
Wheel building? mcd Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing 10 03-13-2008 07:39 PM
building a website.... Mr. Unassailable Off Topic 38 03-08-2007 04:36 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-09-2006, 01:56 AM   #2
chasee69
ballin' outta control!

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
CRF 50

im trying to build mine. i have a credit card

ducatisignature
chasee69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 01:57 AM   #3
KiNG $h!T
Fugkwhacha heard!!!!

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
MIA!!!

Send a message via AIM to KiNG $h!T
so what you just had a cosigner for your bike?
KiNG $h!T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 02:06 AM   #4
zero4o3

Feedback Rating: (0)

Send a message via AIM to zero4o3 Send a message via Yahoo to zero4o3
get some oen to co sign your bike if you cant do that get a credit card strart buying a little bit of stuff on it and paying it off like 30 bucks a month dosnt matter, if you do that you got to have credit cards for 2 years before you will be able to get a bike on your own

only other thing you could do to help speed it along is get yourself small personal loans and just pay back the money after a month

its a to get financed on a bike tho
zero4o3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 02:18 AM   #5
PETE
CLUTCH

Bike(s):
Don't have one =(

Send a message via AIM to PETE
start with credit cards, cell phones, electricity bill, cable bill, starts u off good, and get a cosigner to get some car buyers credit. i heard getting a bike is harder than getting a car, i dunno i might be wrong?
PETE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 07:27 AM   #6
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

i htought you owned a house?

yes, getting financed for a bike is harder then a car, and don't fall intoit the trap of financing a bike and getting liability only.

as for buiilding credit, start w/ smaller cards: target, gas cards. and it's gonna take a while to build it up enough to get a bike financed.

financing bike is for suckers. IMO
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 08:45 AM   #7
Swift E

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Triumph 675

credit card/ car payments/ department store cards etc...
Pay early payments and pay stuff off early.
Call for credit limit increases and dont max them out.
Old 01-09-2006, 08:59 AM   #8
XxNaSDaQxX
30psi is not enough!

Bike(s):
01 R1 Turbo

The reason why itís harder to get financed on a bike, is because it is not an necessity item. It is listed as a luxury item, everything stated above will help build credit.

00 SS
05 R1
01 R1 Turbo
01 Slp SS

People once believed....
XxNaSDaQxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 09:04 AM   #9
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero4o3
only other thing you could do to help speed it along is get yourself small personal loans and just pay back the money after a month

its a to get financed on a bike tho

I dont think you know how the credit world works but, the above will do absolutely NOTHING for your credit...

The GOOD credit is the long term payments ( i forget the proper term for this ) such as a Car payment or a House payment,, CC's dont do a whole lot for your credit..
And dont get a loan this month and pay it all back next month and expect to have good credit b/c that'll never happen. Credit is reported once every Quarter, not once a month.

Trust me, when i bought my house I learned alot about how the credit world works, and the above suggestion will not do anything for you..

A bike is considered Recreational basically, and creditors look at it like this,

if you have Rent,( assuming you have to also pay for electric, food and the other things that go along with a place to live) Car, Credit Cards and a bike note, when you get into financial trouble what is the first thing you wont pay??

The thing that you dont need the most, in general, if you dont have really good credit you're screwed as far as getting credit on a bike..

But, good luck
CarbonJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 09:25 AM   #10
redrocker

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 600

what ever you do I would not get a couple of cards and start using them unless you can be responsible enough not to max them out!!! I have been there and it sucks took me for ever to get them paid off!!! They also look at debt to income ratio and if you have a bunch of revolving accounts that will not help, I do know that about six months after I bought my house I had everybody wanting to give me credit!!! They also look at job history to see if you are stable or not!!!! GOOD LUCK!
redrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 11:18 AM   #11
fuknrobert
the necessary villain

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
'04 R6, '05 70, '04 fiddy!

^^ what all they said ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentgixxer
im not a midget , i was actually born with a type of dwarfism, but i took medication for 12 yrs to reach just 5'6"
fuknrobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 11:25 AM   #12
Petro
C'Mon... Building 7

man... i cant even get credit cards to start building my credit? what are real easy ones to get? i have absolutely no credit... and im already 20 yrs old
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 11:26 AM   #13
TxVrod

Go ahead and get a first-time-buyer loan (which is typically high-interest) then, in six months of on-time (over-pay each month is even better) payments, refinance your rig.
TxVrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 11:35 AM   #14
redrocker

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 600

The first cc I ever got was a circuit city card!!! Bought TV car stereo paid for it never maxed it out!! Bank loan small took it for a year paid off!!! Start small and go from there if you can get a co sighner that will help but what ever you do make sure you pay on time and more than the min late payments will screw your credit up and not paying and the cc company puts a judgement on you that will stay with you a long time!!! People are very hesitant to co sighn just my experience I co sighned for my brother on a car and he totally me!!!! Never even made a payment as soon as he got the car he lost his job and said it so I was and I said it called the lien holder and told them to come get it that was back in 95 and it was off my credit report by 2001 that sucked !!! So if you can get a co sighner make sure you pay the bill!!! Oh yeah I barley speak to my brother he never said sorry nothing acts like it never happened!!!! Even had the nerve a couple of years ago to ask me for a loan told him NO!!!!!!!
redrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 11:47 AM   #15
fuknrobert
the necessary villain

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
'04 R6, '05 70, '04 fiddy!

and that's why you never help family members

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentgixxer
im not a midget , i was actually born with a type of dwarfism, but i took medication for 12 yrs to reach just 5'6"
fuknrobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 11:53 AM   #16
Petro
C'Mon... Building 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxVrod
Go ahead and get a first-time-buyer loan (which is typically high-interest) then, in six months of on-time (over-pay each month is even better) payments, refinance your rig.

they give these loans to 20 yr olds w/ no credit? where do i sign up?
i need a truck!
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 03:27 PM   #17
dotcom
*** PUBLIC RELATIONS ***

Bike(s):
01 Yamaha R6, 125 BBB mini

Send a message via AIM to dotcom Send a message via MSN to dotcom Send a message via Yahoo to dotcom
one way is to get like a Foley's card, or something along those lines.. that way it builds yuor credit...

www.myspace.com/motohouston
dotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 03:28 PM   #18
Knightrider

Bike(s):
2006 R6 Blue

Send a message via Yahoo to Knightrider
your best bet would be to start off with a gas card, they are easy to get...when your bill comes in make a payment, but don't pay it off...like carbon said payin it off every month does almost nothing, if anything. i would say the best way is to have a credit card with a balance or a small loan and make your payments and then after the 1 year mark pay it off...if you can make a bigger payment do it. in fact try to always make a bigger than minimum payment cuz chances are the interest alone is more than the minimum. dont be late on your payments. thats all i can come up with right now.

and if you really need it, i know a guy that can actually help you fix/build your credit...just send me a pm and i will look for his card
Knightrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 03:28 PM   #19
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

i got my first ever credit card ($5k limit) at the age of 18 and got my 01 zx6r (slavaged). having a bank account and job is the 1st step.

building up credit will take about 1-3 years. my credit score is 736 as of november and one reason is the proportion of balances to credit limit on my revolving/charge accounts is not high.
Old 01-09-2006, 05:57 PM   #20
GSXR_Sam

Member Garage

ok u can either listen to everyone here is guessing on how they built their credit or u can go to freecreditreport.com. for a one time $30 payment they will give u three scores from three diff companies and on top of that they will tell u WHY you have that score and WHAT u can do to raise it. i did mine while i was deployed and they told me how to raise my score 50 points in 2 months

Advertisement