MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2009, 11:28 AM   #1
lbjasonc
Doin it big!

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
06 gsxr1Theezy

ss brake lines?

i'm gettin my bike ready for next season on the track. i'm gonna put on some stainless steel front brake lines first, my question is what brand do u guys/gals recommend? is galfer the only brand used or are there others? thanks for any info
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SS Brake Lines for 06 R6 EMTAggie Taking it to the Track 0 05-03-2013 10:39 AM
Anyone make SS brake lines? ST675 General Discussion (Moto Related) 4 03-15-2011 10:10 AM
? about ss rear brake lines and pads lbjasonc Taking it to the Track 44 04-29-2009 11:03 PM
SS brake lines NorthHoustonGSXR Taking it to the Track 21 06-10-2008 04:48 PM
SS brake lines Duck84 Performance and Modifications 2 01-24-2008 09:51 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-15-2009, 11:30 AM   #2
tonyt915
"Fuckchix"

Feedback Rating: (19)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
08 Duc Duc Goose Superbike"sold"
08 CBR 6RR " sold"
84 Yamaha Big Wheel 200
76 HD FXE "sold
09 WR450F "sold"

Member Garage

I used Galfer because I got a good deal on them, but ive seen several other brands of ss brake lines
Old 01-15-2009, 11:35 AM   #3
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Member Garage

Goodridge makes nice ones, Galfer, there's some others.

Doesn't really matter as long as they're stainless braided or kevlar/ stainless. One brand is not particularly better than any other.
Old 01-15-2009, 11:36 AM   #4
lbjasonc
Doin it big!

Bike(s):
06 gsxr1Theezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyt915 View Post
I used Galfer because I got a good deal on them, but ive seen several other brands of ss brake lines
how is galfer workin out for u? and how much am i lookin at? price wise for the front lines
Old 01-15-2009, 11:36 AM   #5
lbjasonc
Doin it big!

Bike(s):
06 gsxr1Theezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
Doesn't really matter as long as they're stainless braided or kevlar/ stainless. One brand is not particularly better than any other.
good to know
Old 01-15-2009, 11:40 AM   #6
tonyt915
"Fuckchix"

Bike(s):
08 CBR 6RR " sold"
84 Yamaha Big Wheel 200
76 HD FXE "sold
09 WR450F "sold"

Member Garage

I love mine made a night to day difference but i also put a Brembo m/c on it at the same time. There is no sponge feel at at in the front brakes now, very firm and consitant braking. I think i paid 130 shipped for mine, Both front lines, 3 stainless banjos, HH brake pads, and a quart of galfer brake fluid
Old 01-15-2009, 11:44 AM   #7
lbjasonc
Doin it big!

Bike(s):
06 gsxr1Theezy

where did u order them from? and if u have the brembo on the right side, what do u use for ur clutch? is it stock or aftermarket?
Old 01-15-2009, 11:46 AM   #8
tonyt915
"Fuckchix"

Bike(s):
08 CBR 6RR " sold"
84 Yamaha Big Wheel 200
76 HD FXE "sold
09 WR450F "sold"

Member Garage

i used crg roll-a-click for the cluch, let me look through my bike paper work in a bit ill let you know where I got them
Old 01-15-2009, 11:49 AM   #9
lbjasonc
Doin it big!

Bike(s):
06 gsxr1Theezy

thanks for ur help
Old 01-15-2009, 11:50 AM   #10
Brian f.

Feedback Rating: (0)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
06 CRF450 Tard FOR SALE!!!!!!
2007 1000RR
K8 750 Track bike
Racecar 8.02 @ 169 FOR SALE, not for faint of heart

I used Galfer last year, they were great. Placed and order for Spiegler's yesterday, going to use them in conjunction with a Brambo m/c and vesrah RJL's this season, see if i can scare myself.

All the manufacturers seem comparable in price, so maybe it just comes down to preference or if your into colored lines.
Brian f. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 11:53 AM   #11
tonyt915
"Fuckchix"

Bike(s):
08 CBR 6RR " sold"
84 Yamaha Big Wheel 200
76 HD FXE "sold
09 WR450F "sold"

Member Garage

ok this is where i got them http://www.sumofallparts.net/ You may want to check with the local vendors on here so you dont have to wait on shipping
Old 01-15-2009, 11:55 AM   #12
lbjasonc
Doin it big!

Bike(s):
06 gsxr1Theezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian f. View Post
I used Galfer last year, they were great. Placed and order for Spiegler's yesterday, going to use them in conjunction with a Brambo m/c and vesrah RJL's this season, see if i can scare myself.

All the manufacturers seem comparable in price, so maybe it just comes down to preference or if your into colored lines.
that sounds exactly like what i'm shootin for. curt advised the same set-up. (thanks curt) brembo m/c, vesrah RJL's, and that's why i was askin for brand of ss lines.
and what about ur clutch, what do u use?
Old 01-15-2009, 12:06 PM   #13
tonyt915
"Fuckchix"

Bike(s):
08 CBR 6RR " sold"
84 Yamaha Big Wheel 200
76 HD FXE "sold
09 WR450F "sold"

Member Garage

wow customer service for galfer is awsome, just got off the phone with them cause i saw some rust spots on one of the banjos when I went out side to go check where i got them from, they are sending me a new set for the front. Very nice and easy to deal with no hassle
Old 01-15-2009, 12:07 PM   #14
Brian f.

Bike(s):
2007 1000RR
K8 750 Track bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbjasonc View Post
that sounds exactly like what i'm shootin for. curt advised the same set-up. (thanks curt) brembo m/c, vesrah RJL's, and that's why i was askin for brand of ss lines.
and what about ur clutch, what do u use?
Im just sticking with the conventional clucth setup with my pazzo shorty lever on that side. I ordered my stuff yesterday from Motomummy and its was ponted out to me that if you DO order the Brembo M/C to be sure and tell them that for your brake lines so they will provide the correct banjo bolt setup.

EDIT: Also if going with the brembo, apparently you can "get away with" the stock reservoiur, and i guess some folks have, but i read it is highly NOT recommended. Brembo has a different size nipple than stock. This is all according to my reading about this yesterday, i have not personally done this yet, so that should be noted. But, that being said, i did also get the correct reservoir and hose setup to go along with the bremo M/C.

Last edited by Brian f.; 01-15-2009 at 12:12 PM.
Old 01-15-2009, 12:12 PM   #15
maxgs

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian f. View Post
Im just sticking with the conventional clucth setup with my pazzo shorty lever on that side. I ordered my stuff yesterday from Motomummy and its was ponted out to me that if you DO order the Brembo M/C to be sure and tell them that for your brake lines so they will provide the correct banjo bolt setup.
I run the stock clutch setup as well and I've not had an issue. I just flushed the clutch fluid again, however. Second time since I've owned the bike.

I run a pazzo clutch lever, a long one and I like it. Did y'all know that Pazzo makes a lever for the brembo? I don't have one, but it would be nice bling.

Seriously consider the Brembo RCS master cylinder. You can buy the brake light micro switch for it which works much better than the pressure switch.
Old 01-15-2009, 12:16 PM   #16
Brian f.

Bike(s):
2007 1000RR
K8 750 Track bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxgs View Post
I run the stock clutch setup as well and I've not had an issue. I just flushed the clutch fluid again, however. Second time since I've owned the bike.

I run a pazzo clutch lever, a long one and I like it. Did y'all know that Pazzo makes a lever for the brembo? I don't have one, but it would be nice bling.

Seriously consider the Brembo RCS master cylinder. You can buy the brake light micro switch for it which works much better than the pressure switch.
I saw that yesterday Curt, about the pazzo lever anyways. Did you know apparently CRG also makes one, the roll a click, and i saw it yesterday listed at like $290.00 or so for just the lever?!?!?!?!?!??! Holy !!!!!!!!!!!

I also saw a COUPLE folks discussing the clutch setup by Brembo and they were having some problems getting it to properly disnegage and engage apparently. Something to due with the amount of volume not being the same or enough........but i didnt finish reading all of it.
Old 01-15-2009, 12:18 PM   #17
tonyt915
"Fuckchix"

Bike(s):
08 CBR 6RR " sold"
84 Yamaha Big Wheel 200
76 HD FXE "sold
09 WR450F "sold"

Member Garage

Quote:

my rcs came with the micro switch, and thanks for recomending it to me a while back i absolutely love that setup, the best 350 i ever spent
Old 01-15-2009, 12:22 PM   #18
maxgs

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyt915 View Post
my rcs came with the micro switch, and thanks for recomending it to me a while back i absolutely love that setup, the best 350 i ever spent
I might, just might, switch from the 19x18 to the RCS this year. I have a touch of play in the lever that I'd like to see if I can get rid of. The probably moves 1/4 of an inch or a little more before it grabs, as measured from the center of the grip. It's not spongy, it's seems to be a touch of play before the master cylinder begins to compress the fluid. It would be nice to have that COMPLETELY gone.
Old 01-15-2009, 12:27 PM   #19
tonyt915
"Fuckchix"

Bike(s):
08 CBR 6RR " sold"
84 Yamaha Big Wheel 200
76 HD FXE "sold
09 WR450F "sold"

Member Garage

Quote:
I might, just might, switch from the 19x18 to the RCS this year. I have a touch of play in the lever that I'd like to see if I can get rid of. The probably moves 1/4 of an inch or a little more before it grabs, as measured from the center of the grip. It's not spongy, it's seems to be a touch of play before the master cylinder begins to compress the fluid. It would be nice to have that COMPLETELY gone.
Yeah it will fix you problem of that! The only problem I had with mine were they were stopping the bike before i could pull it far enough to engage the micro switch! The rcs got kicked out of kindergarden cause they didnt go to recess......They Dont Play!
Old 01-15-2009, 01:25 PM   #20
Brian f.

Bike(s):
2007 1000RR
K8 750 Track bike

Ok stop it, im feeling buyers remorse from not buying the RCS now (got 19x18) and i havnt even got the thing yet.

Advertisement